Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
10 May 2013
4.52pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4061sp_Permalink sp_Print

Happy belated birthday Mja!

Well yesterday it was Ascention Day in Holland and there was this festival I had won tickets for a week ago so I went there with my sister (although I would’ve preferred taking a friend) and it was great! The weather was great and the whole atmosphere was great too. I loved it. The highlights for me were Will and the People, which was a real party, Kaiser Chiefs, Kensington (a great Dutch band, hope they’ll break through in Europe) and Jacco Gardner, who will go on a European tour soon and who I’ve really become a fan of.

11 May 2013
6.58am
Gerard
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 683
4062sp_Permalink sp_Print

Jimi Hendrix invited Paul McCartney to a supergroup, some time before Jimi’s death in 1970.

http://www.rollingstone.com/mu…..s-20130510

11 May 2013
7.09pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
4063sp_Permalink sp_Print

Have just heard Joan Baez doing Let It Be , had never heard it before. I think this is the only cover of a Beatles song that I wouldn’t mind listening to.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

11 May 2013
8.49pm
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2098
4064sp_Permalink sp_Print

Happy Belated Birthday Mja!  a-hard-days-night-john-1

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

11 May 2013
11.32pm
bikelock28
Standing There
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 228
4065sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey, did anyone see Yoko Ono on Jonathon Ross earlier tonight? I’d never really seen her interviewed alone and at first I thought she came across a bit weird, but she became more articulate, and she said some lovely things about John and Paul heart…..not sure she knew how to handle Ross’ humour though).

two-virgins

"I don't think we were actually swimming, as it were, with shirts on, 'cos we always wear overcoats when we're swimming,"-

George Harrison, Australia, June 1964

12 May 2013
9.14am
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
4066sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh was that tonight? Missed it. Then again, I probably don’t even have that channel on my tv

12 May 2013
2.44pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
4067sp_Permalink sp_Print

bikelock28 said
Hey, did anyone see Yoko Ono on Jonathon Ross earlier tonight? I’d never really seen her interviewed alone and at first I thought she came across a bit weird, but she became more articulate, and she said some lovely things about John and Paul heart…..not sure she knew how to handle Ross’ humour though).

two-virgins

I was watching ‘The Time Traveller’s Wife’ and I really wanted to watch it ’till the end so I had to keep going over to ITV in the breaks, but I missed her bit. What did she say about J&P? Nice to have you back, by the way heart

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

12 May 2013
3.49pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
4068sp_Permalink sp_Print

feature=youtube_gdata_player
Here ye go!

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

12 May 2013
6.47pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
4069sp_Permalink sp_Print

Great, thanks for sharing! Will watch it once I’ll get through this pile of study shit -____-

12 May 2013
7.50pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
4070sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Thanks! :D

(Passover - I. Curtis)

12 May 2013
8.42pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
4071sp_Permalink sp_Print

Okay watched it, and my opinion on her has changed a bit. I dislike her a lot less and she actually seems like a really friendly and funny person. I love how she’s already 80 years old and still so vital and creative. Hey it’s not my taste but I do find it very admirable. What she said about Paul and John was sweet too. It’s also quite a prestation to still be living on your own at that age and not in some retirement home.

When that Berlin video came on I bursted out laughing though. I knew all the jokes about her singing, but I had never really heard it and only realized now that she actually really does sing like that.

12 May 2013
9.06pm
bikelock28
Standing There
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 228
4072sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was watching ‘The Time Traveller’s Wife’ and I really wanted to watch it ’till the end so I had to keep going over to ITV in the breaks, but I missed her bit. What did she say about J&P? Nice to have you back, by the way

heart

Thanks! I’ve just had a load of school stuff to get though :/

Okay watched it, and my opinion on her has changed a bit. I dislike her a lot less and she actually seems like a really friendly and funny person. I love how she’s already 80 years old and still so vital and creative. Hey it’s not my taste but I do find it very admirable. What she said about Paul and John was sweet too. It’s also quite a prestation to still be living on your own at that age and not in some retirement home.

I know, when you think about it, its kind of crazy, isn’t it? She’s only, like, 5 years younger than my Nan! I hope Paul and Ringo are still doing as good as she is when they’re 80

"I don't think we were actually swimming, as it were, with shirts on, 'cos we always wear overcoats when we're swimming,"-

George Harrison, Australia, June 1964

13 May 2013
5.29pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
4073sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah, she’s only 4 years younger than my grandma too. Then again, she probably had a more luxurious life than my grandma.

13 May 2013
6.44pm
HeyTrud
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 550
4074sp_Permalink sp_Print

Happy Belated Mja!

I will have to watch that interview when I get home from work.  I’m not a huge “Yoko fan” – but I agree that she looks very good & vital for 80!  Thanks for posting!

"....take a sad song & make it Meilleur"....

14 May 2013
2.24am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
4075sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks to Linde, LHL, and HeyTrud for the Happy Belated Birthday wishes!

heart

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

14 May 2013
6.12pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
4076sp_Permalink sp_Print

So, who else is going to watch the Eurovision Songcontest? 

I will, not only because my country will be on tonight (Anouk with her horrific song), but just because it’s funny. You see, this is sort of a guilty pleasure of me and my friends. We gather around, watch it and make fun of the songs and performances. 

Sometimes I think people in some of the countries must be all braindead for choosing the contestants.

14 May 2013
10.19pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
4077sp_Permalink sp_Print

Right. Ive just got back from a stay in the hospital. Ive got no idea whats been going on and not going thru numberous threads and posts – so starting from scratch from now. Most people jump in silently but im doing this.a-hard-days-night-paul-11

If folk have had goods news since ive been away – congratulations!

If you are new – welcome.

If its finished i hope your favourite beatle won best beatle in the hurt/heal thread – if not in their own way they are still amazing.

If life is rotten – stick some music on, have a moan, whatever. I just hope it gets better soon and youre not going thru it alone. Always feel free to post away on here, a rant can be therapeutic.

Beatles are still awesome and thats enough for me at the moment.

If ive missed anything of any importance then what can you or I do?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

14 May 2013
11.40pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
4078sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welkom back meanmistermustard! Hope you’re okay.

So OMYGOD THE NETHERLANDS ARE THROUGH TO THE FINALS HOW DID THAT HAPPEN. That hasn’t happen in 9 years and we thought it wouldn’t happen this year either. She sang very good, but the song was so slow and depressive, and she wasn’t dressed as flamboyant as the others, but apparently some people must have liked it. We were the last country to go through and we all thought Slovenia or some country like that would go through and then there was all screams and yells and we couldn’t even hear they were saying the Netherlands were through but we noticed soon enough. It’s not an honour, but it’s such an embarrassment if you end last.

And now something else..my brother came in all pale this afternoon to tell me some retarded fuck had photoshopped both my brother and his best friend’s faces on a NSB logo (that was a nazi movement) and spreaded it through their whole school. Like, what kind of idiot does that? You can get into jail for that. And as usual, no one knows who did it. And now my parents want to find out who did it and sue that person. And if their school’s not willing to cooperate, they want to sue the school. I was absolutely flabbergasted when I heard someone was actually retarded enough to do something like that and probably think it’s funny/cool too. Wonder how cool or funny they ought themselves to be when they end up in youth prison or get a settlement or have to perform community service

15 May 2013
1.00am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080
4079sp_Permalink sp_Print

Is the NSB that well known in Holland that even teenagers would use it as a prank?  I thought they were a movement from the 1930s and pretty much ended when WW2 ended?

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

15 May 2013
1.02am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080
4080sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey meanmrmustard, welcome back.  In your absence, there was a “meanmrsmustard” which at first glance thought it was you with a new avatar, until I read the one letter difference!

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Joe
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22212, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691