The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 204 | All together now | Fab forum

A A A

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
8 May 2013
6.07pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1469

I used to find trolls amusing, but after having experienced godknowshowmany trolls, it gets really old and boring. Don't really understand why anyone would waste their time making an account and posting shit on some forum either.

9 May 2013
8.00pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Forum Posts: 3294

I must be allergic to trolls. When I read their posts I break out in a severe case of indifference.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Can buy Joe love! If you're going to buy that song, album, or T-shirt anyway; please consider using these links to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes

9 May 2013
10.54pm
Ron Nasty
Floating downstream in the suburbs...
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2517

It was my birthday yesterday, and I went to see my friend's band play last night. His name's Ray Stevens and he plays with some of the top session musicians in London. They put a few songs in their set for me, and ended the night with a blues version of the Beatles' Birthday. Anyway, because of the caliber of the musicians involved, I think they are one of the best bands around. I've mentioned them more than once on this site, and I just thought I'd put up some UK clips (which I don't think I've done before). Some of these are a few years old, all are great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HPaqCqWRqJc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=m2KAL8m-_kE

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
10 May 2013
4.52pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop

Happy belated birthday Mja!

Well yesterday it was Ascention Day in Holland and there was this festival I had won tickets for a week ago so I went there with my sister (although I would've preferred taking a friend) and it was great! The weather was great and the whole atmosphere was great too. I loved it. The highlights for me were Will and the People, which was a real party, Kaiser Chiefs, Kensington (a great Dutch band, hope they'll break through in Europe) and Jacco Gardner, who will go on a European tour soon and who I've really become a fan of.

11 May 2013
6.58am
Gerell
Philippines, the country which no Beatle would dare to perform again.
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 687

Jimi Hendrix invited Paul McCartney to a supergroup, some time before Jimi's death in 1970.

http://www.rollingstone.com/mu…..s-20130510

"And in the End the Love you take is equal to the Love you make"
"When I was a robber *Piano Chord* in Boston Place"
"Let's hope this turns out pretty darn good huh"
"Pete may be the best, but Ringo is the star"
Paul:"Don't be nervous John"
John:"I 'm not"
11 May 2013
7.09pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Forum Posts: 2941

Have just heard Joan Baez doing Let It Be, had never heard it before. I think this is the only cover of a Beatles song that I wouldn't mind listening to.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

11 May 2013
8.49pm
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1891

Happy Belated Birthday Mja!  a-hard-days-night-john-1

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

11 May 2013
11.32pm
bikelock28
Standing There
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 230

Hey, did anyone see Yoko Ono on Jonathon Ross earlier tonight? I'd never really seen her interviewed alone and at first I thought she came across a bit weird, but she became more articulate, and she said some lovely things about John and Paul heart…..not sure she knew how to handle Ross' humour though).

two-virgins

"I don't think we were actually swimming, as it were, with shirts on, 'cos we always wear overcoats when we're swimming,"-

George Harrison, Australia, June 1964

12 May 2013
9.14am
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop

Oh was that tonight? Missed it. Then again, I probably don't even have that channel on my tv

12 May 2013
2.44pm
fabfouremily

bikelock28 said
Hey, did anyone see Yoko Ono on Jonathon Ross earlier tonight? I'd never really seen her interviewed alone and at first I thought she came across a bit weird, but she became more articulate, and she said some lovely things about John and Paul heart…..not sure she knew how to handle Ross' humour though).

two-virgins

I was watching 'The Time Traveller's Wife' and I really wanted to watch it 'till the end so I had to keep going over to ITV in the breaks, but I missed her bit. What did she say about J&P? Nice to have you back, by the way heart

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

12 May 2013
3.49pm
AppleScruffJunior
The Village
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1315

feature=youtube_gdata_player
Here ye go!

*loading witty comment-loading failed*

12 May 2013
6.47pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop

Great, thanks for sharing! Will watch it once I'll get through this pile of study shit -____-

12 May 2013
7.50pm
fabfouremily
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Thanks! :D

12 May 2013
8.42pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop

Okay watched it, and my opinion on her has changed a bit. I dislike her a lot less and she actually seems like a really friendly and funny person. I love how she's already 80 years old and still so vital and creative. Hey it's not my taste but I do find it very admirable. What she said about Paul and John was sweet too. It's also quite a prestation to still be living on your own at that age and not in some retirement home.

When that Berlin video came on I bursted out laughing though. I knew all the jokes about her singing, but I had never really heard it and only realized now that she actually really does sing like that.

12 May 2013
9.06pm
bikelock28
Standing There
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 230

I was watching 'The Time Traveller's Wife' and I really wanted to watch it 'till the end so I had to keep going over to ITV in the breaks, but I missed her bit. What did she say about J&P? Nice to have you back, by the way

heart

Thanks! I've just had a load of school stuff to get though :/

Okay watched it, and my opinion on her has changed a bit. I dislike her a lot less and she actually seems like a really friendly and funny person. I love how she's already 80 years old and still so vital and creative. Hey it's not my taste but I do find it very admirable. What she said about Paul and John was sweet too. It's also quite a prestation to still be living on your own at that age and not in some retirement home.

I know, when you think about it, its kind of crazy, isn't it? She's only, like, 5 years younger than my Nan! I hope Paul and Ringo are still doing as good as she is when they're 80

"I don't think we were actually swimming, as it were, with shirts on, 'cos we always wear overcoats when we're swimming,"-

George Harrison, Australia, June 1964

13 May 2013
5.29pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop

Yeah, she's only 4 years younger than my grandma too. Then again, she probably had a more luxurious life than my grandma.

13 May 2013
6.44pm
HeyTrud
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 512

Happy Belated Mja!

I will have to watch that interview When I Get Home from work.  I'm not a huge "Yoko fan" – but I agree that she looks very good & vital for 80!  Thanks for posting!

"....take a sad song & make it Meilleur"....

14 May 2013
2.24am
Ron Nasty
Floating downstream in the suburbs...
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2517

Thanks to Linde, LHL, and HeyTrud for the Happy Belated Birthday wishes!

heart
"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
14 May 2013
6.12pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop

So, who else is going to watch the Eurovision Songcontest? 

I will, not only because my country will be on tonight (Anouk with her horrific song), but just because it's funny. You see, this is sort of a guilty pleasure of me and my friends. We gather around, watch it and make fun of the songs and performances. 

Sometimes I think people in some of the countries must be all braindead for choosing the contestants.

14 May 2013
10.19pm
meanmistermustard
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 7161

Right. Ive just got back from a stay in the hospital. Ive got no idea whats been going on and not going thru numberous threads and posts – so starting from scratch from now. Most people jump in silently but im doing this.a-hard-days-night-paul-11

If folk have had goods news since ive been away - congratulations!

If you are new – welcome.

If its finished i hope your favourite beatle won best beatle in the hurt/heal thread – if not in their own way they are still amazing.

If life is rotten – stick some music on, have a moan, whatever. I just hope it gets better soon and youre not going thru it alone. Always feel free to post away on here, a rant can be therapeutic.

Beatles are still awesome and thats enough for me at the moment.

If ive missed anything of any importance then what can you or I do?

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
Forum Timezone: UTC 0

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Annadog40, DuckThe5thBeatle, Dr Winston o Boogie, primadonna paul
50 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today None
Upcoming Ahhh Girl

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 7161

mr. Sun king coming together: 6972

mithveaen: 4678

parlance: 3629

MeanMrsMustard: 2803

Ron Nasty: 2517

skye: 2295

IveJustSeenAFaceo: 1903

LongHairedLady: 1891

Von Bontee: 1813

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 2331

Moderators: 5

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 33

Topics: 3059

Newest Members: primadonna paul, Simple Press, Kattatude, El Dorado, imtheTaxman

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (3317), fabfouremily (2941), Zig (3294), Joe (3205), Ellie (1)

Administrators: Joe (3205)