Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
2 May 2013
3.55pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4021sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^ I’ve always thought of chocolate being more of a Swiss thing rather than Dutch, though I know they’re famous for it too.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

2 May 2013
4.18pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
4022sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh are we? I always thought gourmet chocolates were more of a Belgian or French thing and chocolate in general more of a Swiss thing. I don’t really know about the Netherlands being ”the king of gourmet chocolates” but you can get them literally everywhere.

One famous brand of us is Verkade, which is famous for it’s cookies, but also for it’s Fairtrade chocolate.

I think my favourite chocolate is Milka, which is Swiss. Milka chocolate is awesome, especially the one with Daim in it.

2 May 2013
4.27pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
4023sp_Permalink sp_Print

Funny Paper said

If by “dark chocolate” you mean bittersweet, then I agree.  I wish someone would make a bittersweet chocolate ice cream.

I’ve had it and it’s yummy. You just have to find a really fancy/artisnal ice cream shop.

In reference to your other post, when I was a kid, I went to Ramsey Lewis’ dentist. :-)

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

2 May 2013
9.36pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
4024sp_Permalink sp_Print

NHL Playoff scores from 5/1/13

Toronto 1 / Boston 4

NY Islanders 0 / Pittsburgh 5

No joy for Von Bontee or myself as it appears that his Maple Leafs and my Islanders will be playing golf before too long. ahdn_paul_01

For me, thank God baseball season is in full swing.a-hard-days-night-john-6

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

2 May 2013
9.41pm
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1807
4025sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Rediscovering chocolate is amazing. There are so many variations, flavours, makes out there and its fun picking one out i remember and seeing it ifs still delicious or not. Going into a sweet shop and seeing them all laid out in a long row is quite incredible.

Had a few pieces of a galazy caramel last night, felt so sick afterwards.

Anyone got any recommendations on what to try? Im open to anything, well not dead insects covered in chocolate but you get what i mean.

Only thing i can compare it to was when i discovered Beatle bootlegs back in ’96, this whole new world opened up.

Is there any Russell Stover chocolate in Scotland? If there is, I recommend it. If not… well, I don’t know any Scottish chocolate brands, but try chocolate-covered nuts and raisins. :D

Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy, Ravioli, Eggroll Eggrolli...

~witty quote~

2 May 2013
9.47pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
4026sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Awwww chocolate covered raisins omnomnomnom

The King of all chocolate has to be Cadbury’s Dairy Milk, my sweet Lord ’tis amazing

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

3 May 2013
2.18am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080
4027sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said

In reference to your other post, when I was a kid, I went to Ramsey Lewis’ dentist. :-)

parlance

For real!!??

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

3 May 2013
2.29am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
4028sp_Permalink sp_Print

Haha, yes. And he had the album cover signed and hanging in his office.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

4 May 2013
4.57pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

I remembered the greatest chocolate sweets ever and am delighted to discover they are back. Years ago there were Nestle Vice Versas available everywhere but were sadly discontinued and no more and then i gave up chocolate. They are back and absolutely delicious, could eat about 9 packs a day so thankfully they are only available in supermarkets too far too walk to. I would have started eating chocolate again regardless on finding these were back on the market.

Basically they are giant smarties filled with either dark or milk chocolate in either a white or brown crisp sugar shell. If there were dancing Beatle icons there would be 40 below. Instead here is an apple and a heart.apple01heart

9k=Image Enlarger

Oh, Dark Chocolate is yummy and chocolate is best after being stored in the fridge. And they need to bring back the Dark and Light Mars Bar and Cadbury’s Caramel Hazelnut.

Ive just noticed that the spell checker on this site doesn’t like ‘Beatle’a-hard-days-night-paul-11.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

5 May 2013
12.38am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
4030sp_Permalink sp_Print

Vice Versas is a cool name for a chocolate candy.

I really like the combination of dark chocolate and coconut — hence, my favorite candy is the Mounds bar.

I’d love to have two scoops of ice cream — one real coconut, the other one bittersweet dark chocolate.

Or imagine a wedding cake that was alternating layers of coconut and dark chocolate (perhaps an interracial marriage — oh oh, the Anti-Racist Police on this forum might sneeze at that…neil-aspinall)

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

5 May 2013
12.51am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
4031sp_Permalink sp_Print

Funny Paper said 

I really like the combination of dark chocolate and coconut

:D Me, too!

~witty quote~

5 May 2013
8.14am
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
4032sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don’t really like chocolate with coconut, I could never eat a Bounty (don’t know if you know Bounties, they’re bars of chocolate filled with coconut)

My favourite is milk chocolate, but I love white chocolate too. Which technically isn’t chocolate, but heya-hard-days-night-john-7

5 May 2013
9.16am
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
4033sp_Permalink sp_Print

Can’t stand Bounties blue-meanie

I prefer just eating a bar of chocolate (any kind) rather than chocolate with something in it/on top of it. Or a dessert made with chocolate… :D

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

5 May 2013
11.21am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Was never a huge fan of Bounties or coconut in general. Tried coconut milk once, it was rank rotten. Same with chocolate cake, i find it far too sickly. And what on earth is the point of fruit covered in chocolate? Even worse is chocolate covered cheese.blue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanie

White chocolate is really nice, its why Vice Versa’s are so yummy. And on another tangent can you still buy Milky Ways?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

5 May 2013
3.12pm
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
4035sp_Permalink sp_Print

You can get Milky Ways in the US, but I don’t know if you can in Scotland…

~witty quote~

5 May 2013
3.29pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4036sp_Permalink sp_Print

This is strangely good. A pop dance song based on Captain Kirk explaining what he is doing and why.

5 May 2013
6.20pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
4037sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yes, I think you can still get Milky Way, haven’t had one in a long time though blue-meanie

(Passover - I. Curtis)

5 May 2013
6.43pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
4038sp_Permalink sp_Print

You can still get them over here too. In fact, I had one yesterday. My mom bought a box of ”Celebrations”, which was a box with mini Mars bars, Twix, Milky Ways, Bounties, Snickers, Dove…Dove bars are actually great too. So soft and yum.

5 May 2013
7.04pm
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
4039sp_Permalink sp_Print

I like the concept of white chocolate, but not so much the actual stuff.

Is there such a thing as “white fudge”…?blue-meanie

6 May 2013
1.10am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
4040sp_Permalink sp_Print

There’s vanilla fudge, but I don’t know if it’s the same as “white fudge”…

Oh, that reminds me. How do you pronounce “vanilla,” “vuh-NIL-uh” or “vuh-NEL-uh”? Or some other variation?

~witty quote~

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: KyleKartan
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691