The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 202 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
2 May 2013
12.38pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2098

Soooooo..we've got a king! And from next year on Queensday will be called Kingsday, which is weird, considering it has been Queensday for more than 100 years.

Anyway, it was a good day. The 29th I went to Queensnight in Enschede, which was basically a party around the whole town with bands and dj's everywhere, and food stands and stuff. On Queensday itself I first watched the abdication and then I went to Hengelo and Enschede with a friend because there are flea markets everywhere and we were kind of tired with Almelo. Again there were also food stands and artists performing and there were screens on the big squares that showed the coronation. It was a great day and I managed to buy a few cheap funny things, like a scarf with moustaches printed on it, fake plugs for your ears, and a little thing with owls on it that you can use as an etui or a toiletry (?)

2 May 2013
3.41pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2931

^^ Sounds like you had a nice day :D

Still can't get over the fact that mmm hasn't had chocolate for 9 (?) years.... I couldn't do it. I quite like cadbury's bourneville (if you like dark choc, it's pretty much the best there is, imo) and galaxy milk or cookie crumble. I tend to eat ''boring'' chocolate, I don't like it when it's got too much stuff going on.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

2 May 2013
3.45pm
Funny Paper
America
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2021

Linde would be the person to ask about chocolate, no?  Isn't the Netherlands the king of gourmet chocolates in the world?

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...
2 May 2013
3.55pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

^^ I've always thought of chocolate being more of a Swiss thing rather than Dutch, though I know they're famous for it too.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

2 May 2013
4.18pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop

Oh are we? I always thought gourmet chocolates were more of a Belgian or French thing and chocolate in general more of a Swiss thing. I don't really know about the Netherlands being ''the king of gourmet chocolates'' but you can get them literally everywhere.

One famous brand of us is Verkade, which is famous for it's cookies, but also for it's Fairtrade chocolate.

I think my favourite chocolate is Milka, which is Swiss. Milka chocolate is awesome, especially the one with Daim in it.

2 May 2013
4.27pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5198

Funny Paper said

If by "dark chocolate" you mean bittersweet, then I agree.  I wish someone would make a bittersweet chocolate ice cream.

I've had it and it's yummy. You just have to find a really fancy/artisnal ice cream shop.

In reference to your other post, when I was a kid, I went to Ramsey Lewis' dentist. :-)

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

2 May 2013
9.36pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 4203

NHL Playoff scores from 5/1/13

Toronto 1 / Boston 4

NY Islanders 0 / Pittsburgh 5

No joy for Von Bontee or myself as it appears that his Maple Leafs and my Islanders will be playing golf before too long. ahdn_paul_01

For me, thank God baseball season is in full swing.a-hard-days-night-john-6

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

2 May 2013
9.41pm
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1665

meanmistermustard said
Rediscovering chocolate is amazing. There are so many variations, flavours, makes out there and its fun picking one out i remember and seeing it ifs still delicious or not. Going into a sweet shop and seeing them all laid out in a long row is quite incredible.

Had a few pieces of a galazy caramel last night, felt so sick afterwards.

Anyone got any recommendations on what to try? Im open to anything, well not dead insects covered in chocolate but you get what i mean.

Only thing i can compare it to was when i discovered Beatle bootlegs back in '96, this whole new world opened up.

Is there any Russell Stover chocolate in Scotland? If there is, I recommend it. If not... well, I don't know any Scottish chocolate brands, but try chocolate-covered nuts and raisins. :D

Do you want to know a secret? Read my username backwards. ~ ~ ~ - - - . . . - - - ~ ~ ~ Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy...

☮ & <3

2 May 2013
9.47pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here, doing nothing but procrastinating
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1774

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Awwww chocolate covered raisins omnomnomnom

The King of all chocolate has to be Cadbury's Dairy Milk, my sweet Lord 'tis amazing

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
3 May 2013
2.18am
Funny Paper
America
Apple rooftop

parlance said

In reference to your other post, when I was a kid, I went to Ramsey Lewis' dentist. :-)

parlance

For real!!??

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...
3 May 2013
2.29am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5198

Haha, yes. And he had the album cover signed and hanging in his office.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

4 May 2013
4.57pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9898

I remembered the greatest chocolate sweets ever and am delighted to discover they are back. Years ago there were Nestle Vice Versas available everywhere but were sadly discontinued and no more and then i gave up chocolate. They are back and absolutely delicious, could eat about 9 packs a day so thankfully they are only available in supermarkets too far too walk to. I would have started eating chocolate again regardless on finding these were back on the market.

Basically they are giant smarties filled with either dark or milk chocolate in either a white or brown crisp sugar shell. If there were dancing Beatle icons there would be 40 below. Instead here is an apple and a heart.apple01heart

Oh, Dark Chocolate is yummy and chocolate is best after being stored in the fridge. And they need to bring back the Dark and Light Mars Bar and Cadbury's Caramel Hazelnut.

Ive just noticed that the spell checker on this site doesn't like 'Beatle'a-hard-days-night-paul-11.

He told us not to get overwhelmed by grief and whatever thoughts we have... to keep them happy, because any thoughts we have of him will travel to him wherever he is. (John Lennon - 27/8/67)
5 May 2013
12.38am
Funny Paper
America
Apple rooftop

Vice Versas is a cool name for a chocolate candy.

I really like the combination of dark chocolate and coconut -- hence, my favorite candy is the Mounds bar.

I'd love to have two scoops of ice cream -- one real coconut, the other one bittersweet dark chocolate.

Or imagine a wedding cake that was alternating layers of coconut and dark chocolate (perhaps an interracial marriage -- oh oh, the Anti-Racist Police on this forum might sneeze at that...neil-aspinall)

5 May 2013
12.51am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Apple rooftop

Funny Paper said 

I really like the combination of dark chocolate and coconut

:D Me, too!

Do you want to know a secret? Read my username backwards. ~ ~ ~ - - - . . . - - - ~ ~ ~ Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy...

☮ & <3

5 May 2013
8.14am
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop

I don't really like chocolate with coconut, I could never eat a Bounty (don't know if you know Bounties, they're bars of chocolate filled with coconut)

My favourite is milk chocolate, but I love white chocolate too. Which technically isn't chocolate, but heya-hard-days-night-john-7

5 May 2013
9.16am
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

Can't stand Bounties blue-meanie

I prefer just eating a bar of chocolate (any kind) rather than chocolate with something in it/on top of it. Or a dessert made with chocolate... :D

5 May 2013
11.21am
meanmistermustard

Was never a huge fan of Bounties or coconut in general. Tried coconut milk once, it was rank rotten. Same with chocolate cake, i find it far too sickly. And what on earth is the point of fruit covered in chocolate? Even worse is chocolate covered cheese.blue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanie

White chocolate is really nice, its why Vice Versa's are so yummy. And on another tangent can you still buy Milky Ways?

He told us not to get overwhelmed by grief and whatever thoughts we have... to keep them happy, because any thoughts we have of him will travel to him wherever he is. (John Lennon - 27/8/67)
5 May 2013
3.12pm
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Apple rooftop

You can get Milky Ways in the US, but I don't know if you can in Scotland...

☮ & <3

5 May 2013
3.29pm
meanmistermustard

This is strangely good. A pop dance song based on Captain Kirk explaining what he is doing and why.

5 May 2013
6.20pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

Yes, I think you can still get Milky Way, haven't had one in a long time though blue-meanie

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online:
48 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9898

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 5198

Ahhh Girl: 5160

mithveaen: 4651

Annadog40: 4310

Zig: 4203

Mr. Kite: 3810

Ron Nasty: 3093

fabfouremily: 2931

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2630

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3158

Newest Members: PtakieChan, TheNumberNine, Another Paul, damianosito1984, Bigbeat

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 5160, meanmistermustard: 9898, Zig: 4203, Joe: 3463

Administrators: Joe: 3463, Ellie: 1

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: YouLoseAndIWin