Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
29 April 2013
3.49pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4001sp_Permalink sp_Print

I heard about Emeli Sande breaking the record held by The Beatles. I wouldn’t say I care as such, but that’s one less thing to say to my friends when they ask stupid things such as ”why don’t you like ”normal” bands?”.

As you said, The Beatles still hold loads of other records, including most music sold. That will be hard to beat.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

29 April 2013
6.38pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
4002sp_Permalink sp_Print

MeanMrsMustard said
Hard to say, Mr. Me.

*zigs*

It’s like she never left…

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

29 April 2013
6.57pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5456
4003sp_Permalink sp_Print

Never heard of Ms. Sande until just now. #headinthesand

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

29 April 2013
6.58pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5456

OK hahaha, that pun was seriously totally accidental! I just meant that I’ve got my head in the sand as far as being aware of current music.

Anyways, she’s quoted as saying this: “The Beatles are the greatest band of all time and their legacy lives on and continues to inspire all of us that make music”, so good on her.

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

29 April 2013
7.22pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
4005sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just went to the orthodonstist to get my bottom braces off (after four years), and he took my top ones off, so I told him how I thought I was only getting my bottom ones off, and he was like “Suprise.” What a nice surprise. 

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

29 April 2013
8.19pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
4006sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Congrats!

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

29 April 2013
8.24pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
4007sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks. ahdn_george_08

29 April 2013
9.37pm
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1807
4008sp_Permalink sp_Print

I hated having braces. blue-meanie But they were worth it! :D

Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy, Ravioli, Eggroll Eggrolli...

~witty quote~

29 April 2013
9.43pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
4009sp_Permalink sp_Print

They really never bothered me until my ortho started saying they were coming off soon.

29 April 2013
10.48pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
4010sp_Permalink sp_Print

unknown said
Why did you not eat chocolate for nine years?

Decided not to. But times have changed as does health and ive read i should have some around the house to help with salt levels as my body has pretty given up producing steroids naturally which results in low sodium. It actually does help as i found today when out and about. Trying to find what i like and what is better. Not a fan of a Cadbury’s Caramel, will probably stick to Cudburys Dairy Milk, Fruit and Nut and Whole Nut as you can slowly melt them in the mouth.

I broke my ipod touch screen last night which really annoyed me. Getting it fixed tomorrow and its costing around £80. Very costly and very stupid but if its left and water gets in or it just slowly dies than its a bigger fortune to get a new one.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

29 April 2013
11.17pm
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1807
4011sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dark choclate. Dark chocolate is the best chocolate. Eat dark chocolate. :D

Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy, Ravioli, Eggroll Eggrolli...

~witty quote~

30 April 2013
2.35am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080
4012sp_Permalink sp_Print

Egroeg Evoli said
Dark choclate. Dark chocolate is the best chocolate. Eat dark chocolate. :D

If by “dark chocolate” you mean bittersweet, then I agree.  I wish someone would make a bittersweet chocolate ice cream.

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

30 April 2013
2.38am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
4013sp_Permalink sp_Print

Egroeg Evoli said
I hated having braces. blue-meanie But they were worth it! :D

One of my favorite jazz pianists, Ramsey Lewis — he began wearing braces in his 30s:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-X6mUTQDhLtI/TZi8X5zQ15I/AAAAAAAAEZA/B-60W3PbPsA/s1600/ramsey-lewis.jpgImage Enlarger

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

30 April 2013
6.05am
Gerard
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 683
4014sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cracked my retainers, some of my teeth became unaligned, hopefully I wouldn’t have to wear braces again (for teeth, not trousers a-hard-days-night-paul-11)

1 May 2013
9.03pm
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2702
4015sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Zig:

Heh, thanks! :)

Griping time:

Today in ceramics, the sleeve of my smock caught on someone’s piece. I knocked it over onto the ground, and it broke. The teacher told me not to beat myself up over it, but the class douchecanoe wouldn’t shut up about it. >:(

Good news:

For the upcoming pops concert, the Madrigals are performing the Kings Singers’ arrangement of “Blackbird .”

AP testing starts next week!

It’s kind of hard to imagine that in a little over a month, I’ll be graduating and turning 18!

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

2 May 2013
6.35am
Gerard
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 683
4016sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh yeah I forgot to mention remove-able retainers are a pain in my opinion. I would advise not to remove your braces [or rather the dentist], as life is much easier with braces than retainers.

2 May 2013
10.33am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
4017sp_Permalink sp_Print

Rediscovering chocolate is amazing. There are so many variations, flavours, makes out there and its fun picking one out i remember and seeing it ifs still delicious or not. Going into a sweet shop and seeing them all laid out in a long row is quite incredible.

Had a few pieces of a galazy caramel last night, felt so sick afterwards.

Anyone got any recommendations on what to try? Im open to anything, well not dead insects covered in chocolate but you get what i mean.

Only thing i can compare it to was when i discovered Beatle bootlegs back in ’96, this whole new world opened up.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

2 May 2013
12.38pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
4018sp_Permalink sp_Print

Soooooo..we’ve got a king! And from next year on Queensday will be called Kingsday, which is weird, considering it has been Queensday for more than 100 years.

Anyway, it was a good day. The 29th I went to Queensnight in Enschede, which was basically a party around the whole town with bands and dj’s everywhere, and food stands and stuff. On Queensday itself I first watched the abdication and then I went to Hengelo and Enschede with a friend because there are flea markets everywhere and we were kind of tired with Almelo. Again there were also food stands and artists performing and there were screens on the big squares that showed the coronation. It was a great day and I managed to buy a few cheap funny things, like a scarf with moustaches printed on it, fake plugs for your ears, and a little thing with owls on it that you can use as an etui or a toiletry (?)

2 May 2013
3.41pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
4019sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^ Sounds like you had a nice day :D

Still can’t get over the fact that mmm hasn’t had chocolate for 9 (?) years…. I couldn’t do it. I quite like cadbury’s bourneville (if you like dark choc, it’s pretty much the best there is, imo) and galaxy milk or cookie crumble. I tend to eat ”boring” chocolate, I don’t like it when it’s got too much stuff going on.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

2 May 2013
3.45pm
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
4020sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde would be the person to ask about chocolate, no?  Isn’t the Netherlands the king of gourmet chocolates in the world?

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22227, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694