Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
2 April 2013
5.26am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3921sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just found out that I ate something that isn’t vegetarian. I hate when that happens, it makes me feel like a terrible person, and I feel so sick right now because of it.

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

2 April 2013
3.38pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

Since we’re on food related stuff, i just got a hob grill pan (ie a grill pan you cook on a hob) and its fantastic (never knew it existed before). Heat always gets to food even when getting turned and far healthier than fried, food tastes so much better. I wonder what other intelligent kitchen ideas are out there (and i dont mean the microwave).

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

2 April 2013
7.02pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3923sp_Permalink sp_Print

One of those timings of life:

Back at the beginning of February i decided to get fit and so went and bought shorts and running shoes as i live in the countryside and there are few people about and the roads are very quiet. The very next day i got put on antibiotics and ever since then i’ve been ill with little sign of improvement, just one thing after another and lots of trips to see Doctors, Nurses and whoever else.apple02

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

2 April 2013
7.13pm
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1807
3924sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Bleh. I hate being sick. It’s nothing serious, is it? apple01 heart

Unrelated: What is the purpose of apple02? What is it supposed to convey?

Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy, Ravioli, Eggroll Eggrolli...

~witty quote~

2 April 2013
8.25pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3925sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 I think it’s a joke on the saying “an apple a day keeps the doctor away,” because he’s sick, so he is only getting half an apple.

2 April 2013
9.30pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3926sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have no idea what the apple02apple was meant to represent so treat it as the opposite of apple01.

Currently tests are being undertaken, have learnt thru previous experiences (not my own) that that’s code for ‘we haven’t have got a clue so shooting in the dark and seeing if we can hit one of the moveable targets going slowly by’. Its quite interesting to see one doctor suggest a certain way forward and then the next Doctor you see completely disagrees with and suggests another – which the first disagrees with upon next visit and sends you down that route anyway.

2 April 2013
11.03pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
3927sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tell me about it. I take ”the pill”. Don’t know what it’s called in English buuut

*ATTENTION DON’T READ IF YOU DON’T WANT TO READ ABOUT MENSTRUATION*

I took the last one but started a new round because I didn’t want to get my period on my mom’s Birthday and important schooldates, but then I got my period all of a sudden last Saturday, while I had taken the first pill that Friday. I called the hospital to ask whether I should keep on taking them or stop taking them, but that doctor just told me I could do what I wanted, which wasn’t very helpful. Also, I’m always in a lot of pain when I’m having my period and I’ve asked multiple doctors what I should do and they’re all giving me different advices and it’s so frustrating because I don’t know what’s the right thing to do. One doctor could say a certain thing does no harm, while another doctor could say it does and that you absolutely shouldn’t do it that way.

*END OF MENSTRUATION PILL THINGIE RANT*

So yeah. I’m sorry about hearing you’re sick though. I hate when antibiotics make you sick.

2 April 2013
11.27pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3928sp_Permalink sp_Print

I hate when I ask somebody what I should do about something, and they tell me to do whatever I think I should do. I don’t know what I want to do, that’s why I asked you.

Sorry you’re in so much pain, Linde. I’m glad I don’t get a period. My doctor once told me I could take the pill to make it regular if I wanted, but that’s a definite no; I’m not planning on having kids anytime withing the next six years, so it’s not really necessary anyways.

2 April 2013
11.31pm
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1807
3929sp_Permalink sp_Print

unknown said
I hate when I ask somebody what I should do about something, and they tell me to do whatever I think I should do. I don’t know what I want to do, that’s why I asked you.

Exactly.

Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy, Ravioli, Eggroll Eggrolli...

~witty quote~

3 April 2013
9.56am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

When does ‘King C 1’ ever sound like ‘Training’? Stupid voice recognition call systems?

Anyone ever heard of Union J, according to the BBC they came third in last years UK X Factor. Anyway, in the same report despite never having released 1 single they are writing their memoirs. This puzzles me yet i cant be bothered going into it. Strange days indeed! Strange days indeed.

3 April 2013
12.17pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
3931sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sad news. The Scottish author Iain Banks, who also publishes as Iain M. Banks, has announced he is suffering from late-stage gall bladder cancer, that has spread to his liver, pancreas, and some lymph nodes. He probably has just months to live and has married his partner and is on a short honeymoon. What tragic circumstances. A truly great author who seems to be facing what is to come bravely.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-s…..d-22015175

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

3 April 2013
1.19pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
3932sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
Tell me about it. I take ”the pill”. Don’t know what it’s called in English buuut

*ATTENTION DON’T READ IF YOU DON’T WANT TO READ ABOUT MENSTRUATION*

I took the last one but started a new round because I didn’t want to get my period on my mom’s Birthday and important schooldates, but then I got my period all of a sudden last Saturday, while I had taken the first pill that Friday. I called the hospital to ask whether I should keep on taking them or stop taking them, but that doctor just told me I could do what I wanted, which wasn’t very helpful. Also, I’m always in a lot of pain when I’m having my period and I’ve asked multiple doctors what I should do and they’re all giving me different advices and it’s so frustrating because I don’t know what’s the right thing to do. One doctor could say a certain thing does no harm, while another doctor could say it does and that you absolutely shouldn’t do it that way.

*END OF MENSTRUATION PILL THINGIE RANT*

So yeah. I’m sorry about hearing you’re sick though. I hate when antibiotics make you sick.

I don’t know what you’ve already tried Linde but I used to get really bad ‘female’ pain so I’ve picked up a few things that helped me, maybe they’ll help you too?

Eat plenty of green apples apple01apple01 They’re supposed to help if you feel sick, too.

Hot drinks and soups/stews etc. always helped. A bath always makes me feel better too.

Something else I do is lie on my side with a pillow (preferably one fo those ones you can heat in the microwave) on my back and another on my stomach.

I don’t know if you already do all of this but I thought I’d mention it just in case. Hope you feel better soon, period pain has ruined days out, holidays, parties and all sorts for me.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

3 April 2013
2.25pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Does anyone know why my piece of garbage-filled crap HTC keeps losing time? Last night it was about 30 seconds ahead of my ipod clock (which remains correct), this morning 14 minutes behind. Last month i woke to find it say it was 1980 and the time was 7 minutes past 7, despite it being after 9 o’clock in the morning.

I have a contact in it that is incorrect and i cant get rid off or change it so gave it to a phone expert who after 10 minutes of going through everything he knew gave up said he had no idea how to fix it.blue-meanie

3 April 2013
8.55pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3934sp_Permalink sp_Print

My last phone used to do that all the time, but I think that was because I never used it, and when it would die I would wait weeks to charge it. Then I got a new phone and this one never does that. Just get a new one, it’s easier than fixing it.a-hard-days-night-paul-11

3 April 2013
9.13pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3935sp_Permalink sp_Print

I wouldnt get a new phone as i dont like them, I havent put any money in it for over a year. I only use it for incoming calls so folks can get me when required, the fantasic torch on it, and a music player when i forget to recharge my ipod. Tho it does amaze me that such a bad phone was ever made.

4 April 2013
1.18pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
3936sp_Permalink sp_Print

Apparently htc phones are notorious for breaking soon after you buy them. I don’t actually own a mobile phone, I can’t be bothered with the hassle of it all. I have my iPod touch(which also began to break not long after buying it) and the house phone. What more do I need?

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

5 April 2013
12.23am
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
3937sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks for the tips! Yeah I usually just lie down with a heated pillow and some asperines but right now I started taking ”Aleve feminax” but I don’t know if it works of course, since I’m still swallowing the damn pill.

Yeah it has ruined so many fun things for me too, including important schooldates. Sometimes I wish I was a guy. But hey, they’ve probably got annoying things as well.

meanmistermustard said
I wouldnt get a new phone as i dont like them, I havent put any money in it for over a year. I only use it for incoming calls so folks can get me when required, the fantasic torch on it, and a music player when i forget to recharge my ipod. Tho it does amaze me that such a bad phone was ever made.

I haven’t put any money in my phone for over moooonths. I’ve had a lot of bad luck with it, had it ”repaired” 6 times now. The home button stopped working so I NEED a new one, because fixing it was almost as expensive as getting a new one. I don’t use it that often though, as I prefer a laptop and make calls with our home telephone. I only use it for whatsapp and incoming calls, sometimes for Twitter.

For my sister a smartphone is just like a hand. You rarely see her without the damn thing. I think it’s kinda sad tbh

8 April 2013
1.03pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3938sp_Permalink sp_Print

Baroness Margaret Thatcher, former UK Prime Minister for 11 years from 1979 – 1990, has died aged 87, she was the first Female Prime Minister in the UK. I knew she had been ill but im shocked by this.

Note: I know her time in Government is a controversial subject and im not looking for a debate, i dont have a side.

8 April 2013
3.17pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
3939sp_Permalink sp_Print

My teenage years and early-20s were partly defined by the fact they happened whilst Margaret Thatcher was in power. I disagreed with much of what she stood for and did, but the downside of her time in power is something for tomorrow and the history books. She is somebody deserving respect. Few politicians have such an impact not only on their country but also on the world. The tributes she is receiving, from those who agreed and disagreed with her, from those who supported and opposed her, are fitting. Her like is rarely seen.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

8 April 2013
10.24pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
3940sp_Permalink sp_Print

I had no idea she was ill. I didn’t even know she was still alive. Tbh I didn’t really know that much about her except that she was Prime Minister for a while and that her nickname was The Iron Lady.

And I do know she was not loved, but the comments I’m reading online go too far, they’re practically dancing on her grave!

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691