The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 192 | Fab Forum

Introducing the inaugural Fab Forum February Fundraiser! Click here for more details.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
No permission to create posts
8 March 2013
5.44am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1825
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3824sp_Permalink

I hate being tired, yet not being able to fall asleep. blue-meanie Usually, I go on this site when that happens, hoping it will help, and usually... it doesn't. But it's still fun. Even though I'm So Tired. (See what I did there? a-hard-days-night-george-10)

Geometry, wisdom, tangerines... "The time is gone, the song is over, thought I'd something more to say..."

Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy, Ravioli, Eggroll Eggrolli...

Purple stuff... ellipses...

9 March 2013
4.28am
Funny Paper
America
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2093
3829sp_Permalink

Let me tell you a story about spiders.

First, let me tell you about an old set of encyclopedias someone gave me.  I found an apartment to rent for a very cheap price, with one stipulation, that the owner could use the main area to give piano lessons 3 times a week.  When she finally wanted to move back in (she had broken up with the man she thought she was going to marry), I had to find a new place to live.  During the time I lived there, she had left a few of her things there -- including this entire set of old encyclopedias, about 50 volumes. 

While packing, and while she was bringing her stuff back in, she offered to give me the whole set, as she didn't want them anymore. 

At my new apartment, I would pick up the odd volume (this was before Google for me) to read random stuff about history.  But soon I tired of the encyclopedia and they were just taking up space. 

In the meantime, I noticed that large spiders would appear out of nowhere, and they would just pause in the middle of the floor.  They were a type of spider, I guess, that instead of scattering off when you approach, they just froze in place, hoping you wouldn't notice.  Since I no longer wanted the encyclopedias, I took one volume, poised it above a spider that had paused on the floor, and just dropped it flat on top.  It was so effective, it didn't even leave any stain on the floor -- the smashed spider was completely stuck on the volume.  I would then take the volume in very gingerly fashion out to the dumpster.  Over the course of several weeks, I must have done this about 20 or 30 times -- that's how many spiders must have been lurking in that apartment.

I stayed in that apartment for several years after that time -- and I never saw another spider again!

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...
10 March 2013
6.56pm
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2144
3833sp_Permalink

I bought a record player yesterday..  and I am in FREAKING HEAVEN.  There really is nothing like listening to old music the way it was released  at the time.  I love the crackle of the record as it plays....  a-hard-days-night-john-6  I am on the cusp of a generation that still used them, they are the first way I listened to music when I was a kid.  My dad left me all of his records.  Some good ones I own are:  Jimi Hendrix-Are You Experienced and Electric Lady land, Then Rolling Stones-December's Children, More Hot Rocks, and Hot Rocks 1964-1971.   My Beatles collection so far consists of:  "The Beatles-Again, The White Album, and then the two compilations 1962-1966, and 1967-70.  I just bought "Let it Be... Naked" to celebrate.  Oh, and I also have RAM and Imagine, but I can't find Imagine right now..  it's somewhere in this place, but where..  paul-mccartney

I am considering just buying the vinyl box set when I get my tax return.  Anybody own it?  Any thoughts?  I know it's a better deal than buying them all singly, which I would do over time.  

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

10 March 2013
8.34pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 7575
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
3835sp_Permalink

There is RAIN in my forecast - only 10 days away!!!

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

10 March 2013
8.41pm
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1825
3837sp_Permalink

Zig said
There is
RAIN in my forecast - only 10 days away!!!

In 13 days, I'm going to see the Fab Faux. They're probably not as good as Rain, but they're still good. They're going to perform a mixed set, and then all of Abbey Road. I'm excited!!! :)

Geometry, wisdom, tangerines... "The time is gone, the song is over, thought I'd something more to say..."

Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy, Ravioli, Eggroll Eggrolli...

Purple stuff... ellipses...

10 March 2013
9.20pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 7575
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
3840sp_Permalink

Egroeg Evoli said

Zig said
There is
RAIN in my forecast - only 10 days away!!!

In 13 days, I'm going to see the Fab Faux. They're probably not as good as Rain, but they're still good. They're going to perform a mixed set, and then all of Abbey Road. I'm excited!!! :)

I've seen the Faux - you will love them. When I saw them, they got halfway through 'the medley' when suddenly they broke out with 'Tomorrow Never Knows'. It was incredible.

EDIT of my previous post - 18 March is only 8 days away, not 10. Pardon my Macca-like math skills.ahdn_paul_01

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Zig, Ahhh Girl, Annadog40, Silly Girl, HongKongLady
49 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 17171

Ahhh Girl: 10762

Annadog40: 9782

Zig: 7567

parlance: 7092