The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 190 | Fab Forum

Introducing the inaugural Fab Forum February Fundraiser! Click here for more details.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
No permission to create posts
4 March 2013
5.19pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2627
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

mja6758 said
I should, at this point, admit to being a complete barbarian. I have no problem with the idea of eating horse meat. Bambi's very tasty. I look at our teeth and say we are, by nature, an omnivore. I have at times been a vegetarian, dragged back constantly by the smell of bacon. I just choose to avoid low welfare production. I just want to know WHAT I'm eating! Is that too much to ask for? I'm not saying no to anything until I've tried it and found I don't like the taste, but give me the damn choice and don't trick me into eating it!

I agree and have to say I feel the same. It doesn't make any difference for me whether I eat horse meat, cow meat or pork meat. I never understood what was wrong with eating horse meat. Is it because they are cuter than pigs and cows? Or because they are ''noble animals'' (that's why my mom doesn't want to eat horses anyway)? I think that's bullshit. I do hate the idea of eating cats and dogs though, for some reason. They are just pets. Maybe that does make me a hypocrite and if it does, well, that's fine by me.

And yeah, I want to know WHAT I'm eating too. Food producers are just obligated to put the ingredients they used on the list on the package of the food. People have the right to know what they're eating, whether it's pork or sprayed slime.

Anyway, I had my job interview for the ice cream job this morning and it didn't go that well. I tried to be as bubbly and cheerful as possible, but I'm just introvert. He gave me some simple math to solve and that went well, because I'm really good at counting, but then he asked me something related to it and my mind went all blank, because of the nerves. And when I'm nervous I just start to ramble on and on. I'll hear it within 2 weeks or so, but I don't get my hopes up.

4 March 2013
5.45pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2971

Linde said

mja6758 said
I should, at this point, admit to being a complete barbarian. I have no problem with the idea of eating horse meat. Bambi's very tasty. I look at our teeth and say we are, by nature, an omnivore. I have at times been a vegetarian, dragged back constantly by the smell of bacon. I just choose to avoid low welfare production. I just want to know WHAT I'm eating! Is that too much to ask for? I'm not saying no to anything until I've tried it and found I don't like the taste, but give me the damn choice and don't trick me into eating it!

I agree and have to say I feel the same. It doesn't make any difference for me whether I eat horse meat, cow meat or pork meat. I never understood what was wrong with eating horse meat. Is it because they are cuter than pigs and cows? Or because they are ''noble animals'' (that's why my mom doesn't want to eat horses anyway)? I think that's bullshit. I do hate the idea of eating cats and dogs though, for some reason. They are just pets. Maybe that does make me a hypocrite and if it does, well, that's fine by me.

And yeah, I want to know WHAT I'm eating too. Food producers are just obligated to put the ingredients they used on the list on the package of the food. People have the right to know what they're eating, whether it's pork or sprayed slime.

Anyway, I had my job interview for the ice cream job this morning and it didn't go that well. I tried to be as bubbly and cheerful as possible, but I'm just introvert. He gave me some simple math to solve and that went well, because I'm really good at counting, but then he asked me something related to it and my mind went all blank, because of the nerves. And when I'm nervous I just start to ramble on and on. I'll hear it within 2 weeks or so, but I don't get my hopes up.

Two of my friends have horses so I don't think that's a reason to eat one but not the other. Despite that tho, I know what you mean. I had a cat whom I adored and I would never have thought of eating him for dinner!!

Sorry to hear your interview didn't go well, no one seems to get any good news these days.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

5 March 2013
6.41am
Funny Paper
America
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2093
3787sp_Permalink

Don't know where to post this question, so it might as well be here:  Are there any members of this forum from Germany, or who know German?

There's one phrase in the German version of "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" (Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand) that I cannot find in any dictionary, and I don't trust Google translate.

The phrase is:

"einmal so"

Apparently, "einmal" is a very common word in German and can be used in many combinations with other words to form colloquial phrases.  My German dictionary, for example, has about 20 different "einmal" this and that.  But no "einmal so".

I wonder what German people meant by that in the 1960s, and does it still mean the same?  Is it a slang term?

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online:
35 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 17138

Ahhh Girl: 10751

Annadog40: 9751

Zig: 7555

parlance: 7092