Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
4 February 2013
2.15am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1807
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3661sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Still here to witness an incredible touchdown followed by the power going out.

How much of Beyonce’s performance is her actually singing?

I really need to go to bed.

Well, she sorta sings… it’s mostly dancing and special effects and pyrotechnics and stuff like that.

Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy, Ravioli, Eggroll Eggrolli...

~witty quote~

4 February 2013
5.17am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
3662sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s a double post. I know. I’m sorry.

I noticed something odd. A lot of people love bands/artists (not just The Beatles) because of their music, and they don’t really consider what they’re like as people. But for me, I focus more on the Beatles’ personalities than their music (don’t worry, only slightly- about 49.9% music vs. 50.1% personalities), although it fluctuates. Some days I’ll like the music more than them, and some days vice versa, etc. Anybody else?

Oh, and in case you were wondering why I post all of my thoughts on this thread rather than creating new threads, most of my thoughts aren’t involved enough to deserve their own threads- just a few posts, and then on to a new topic.

~witty quote~

4 February 2013
7.10pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
3663sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh I heard Beyonce’s performance was ”totally amazeballs”. I don’t care much for her music, but she seems like a cool person.

I’m like that..well, not really..I do focus more on the music of bands/artists but I am always interested in knowing what they’re like as a person. I’ve never had that what you said though, that you like them more than their music. It’s about the music for me, but to know they’re not the most horrible persons on earth is nice to know.

4 February 2013
7.21pm
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080
3664sp_Permalink sp_Print

This morning, I feel like listening to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..WcyNJ_bwhc

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

4 February 2013
7.26pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
3665sp_Permalink sp_Print

Egroeg Evoli said
I noticed something odd. A lot of people love bands/artists (not just The Beatles) because of their music, and they don’t really consider what they’re like as people. But for me, I focus more on the Beatles’ personalities than their music (don’t worry, only slightly- about 49.9% music vs. 50.1% personalities), although it fluctuates. Some days I’ll like the music more than them, and some days vice versa, etc. Anybody else?

I hate to disagree with you about your attraction to The Beatles, but I would ask this – Are there any bands/artists who you follow just for their personalities? Surely it always starts with the music. I’m always interested in who the musician is, but never when I’m not first drawn by the music. I’m often more interested by personality as I learn the music more, but the beginning is always the music.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

4 February 2013
8.58pm
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
3666sp_Permalink sp_Print

Egroeg Evoli said
It’s a double post. I know. I’m sorry.

Oh, and in case you were wondering why I post all of my thoughts on this thread rather than creating new threads, most of my thoughts aren’t involved enough to deserve their own threads- just a few posts, and then on to a new topic.

I posted this at midnight after a tiring day. Now, reading it with my (somewhat) functioning brain, I have realized how stupid this is. Of course the music is more important! I think I was just trying to say that their personalities really intrigue me, that’s all.

~witty quote~

4 February 2013
9.09pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
3667sp_Permalink sp_Print

I always find the same. You can find disagreements between me and Funny Paper on these threads, and the thread I tried opening (but no one responded to) about how important it is that we identify with artists for their beliefs, views and opinions, and how much that becomes part of the connection we make once we buy into. But the songs are always what lead us into thoughts and things that we may never have explored, or even thought of exploring.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

4 February 2013
11.05pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
3668sp_Permalink sp_Print

Does anyone know how to deal with Anxiety? Going away for only the second time in 2 years and im not a fan of it. Im a happy recluse who likes where i stay a lot – its very quiet and subsequently i need complete silence to sleep.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

6 February 2013
4.38pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
3669sp_Permalink sp_Print

HOLY SHIT.

I was in our Town Hall this afternoon, and an hour after I left something terrible happened. Some dude with a hammer hit an official. Apparently it was very bloody and horrible, but he isn’t dead. WTF. I was quite shocked. The official is an acquaintance of my mother.

6 February 2013
7.04pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5445
3670sp_Permalink sp_Print

Damn, that’s awful. :( Hope he or she recovers.

Obviously, a Maxwell Edison joke would be in terrible taste. (I admit I’d probably make the joke anyways, though, if the victim was a complete stranger and not an acquaintance, and if you hadn’t been at the scene yourself before the fact.)

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

9 February 2013
11.13pm
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
3671sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Linde  I hope the official gets well.

On a different topic, I was reading reviews for Beatles songs/albums and one review said something like: “OMG I can’t believe it! This is amazing! I usually know about new bands, but I’ve never heard of this one. Who are they?!?!?!? I hope they come out with more music soon! OMG They’re amazing!”

Hmm… Well, there might be a small problem with coming out with more music…

~witty quote~

10 February 2013
10.53am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
3672sp_Permalink sp_Print

Egroeg Evoli said

On a different topic, I was reading reviews for Beatles songs/albums and one review said something like: “OMG I can’t believe it! This is amazing! I usually know about new bands, but I’ve never heard of this one. Who are they?!?!?!? I hope they come out with more music soon! OMG They’re amazing!”

Hmm… Well, there might be a small problem with coming out with more music…

Probably just trolling, in fact, you can usually smell them a mile off. Stupid comments like that one really annoy me, if nothing else it´s a bit insensitive.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

10 February 2013
8.04pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
3673sp_Permalink sp_Print

The official wasn’t an acquaintance, fortunately. They showed images and the acquaintance was just standing there next to the puddle of blood. Pfew. The official isn’t dead either..yet. Vonbontee, you can make the Maxwell joke!

Haha. Believe it or not, but I actually DO know people who claim to know everything about music and new music, and who seriously have never heard of the Beatles or can’t name one song. Most people I know can’t name one song other than Hey Jude , Yellow Submarine or Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds anyway.

Yesterday I went to the cinema with some of my friends (this one guy has a crush on me. I’m always very bad with this and I never notice it when someone does, but he’s making it pretty obvious and I feel sorry for him, but I just don’t like him that way. He hasn’t told me yet, so I’m just pretending I don’t know it). Anyway, we went to see Django Unchained, and I expected it to be pretty lame and boring, as it was 3 hours, but it was amazing! What a good (but sometimes..no wait..mostly very cruel) film! I enjoyed it, but of course it was sad to watch it and know that the things that happened in the film also happened to the slaves in reality. Quentin Tarantino was the director and he also had a little role in it himself. He died pretty soon though lol.

10 February 2013
10.02pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

In Give Peace A Peace is John’s mention of ‘Congraulations’ a nod to Cliff Richard and Eurovision 1968? Was listening to it yesterday and it came to mind that it could be.

And there is a large amount of glee watching a Christmas movie (Home Alone) in February. You just shouldnt do it – and why the heck is it on in the first place?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

11 February 2013
9.33am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
3675sp_Permalink sp_Print

50 years since Please Please Me was recorded….only one way to celebrate, getting my record player out later. Still can´t believe that it was done and finished in ten hours, especially when I think of how long it takes modern artists (well, most other artists, full stop) to record a single!

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

11 February 2013
11.27am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3676sp_Permalink sp_Print

Takes many bands 10 hours to walk up to their guitars and strum one chord before listening to it back.

The Pope has resigned. If all the stories to break this morning that wouldnt have been anywhere on my list.

11 February 2013
12.59pm
Dark_Horse
Casbah Coffee Club
The Top Ten Club
Members
Forum Posts: 59
3677sp_Permalink sp_Print

‘Last night I said these words to my girl….’

All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much.
- George Harrison

11 February 2013
2.54pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5445
3678sp_Permalink sp_Print

Amusing fact I just learned 2 minutes ago:

The best known example of the resignation of a Pope is that of Pope Celestine V in 1294. After only five months of pontificate, he issued a solemn decree declaring it permissible for a Pope to resign, and then did so himself.

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

11 February 2013
5.56pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
3679sp_Permalink sp_Print

So the Pope is retiring. Looks like it’s time to update my resume’. Pope Zig I? Or would I be the second? ahdn_paul_06

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

11 February 2013
8.50pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3680sp_Permalink sp_Print

vonbontee said
Amusing fact I just learned 2 minutes ago:

The best known example of the resignation of a Pope is that of Pope Celestine V in 1294. After only five months of pontificate, he issued a solemn decree declaring it permissible for a Pope to resign, and then did so himself.

I love that idea of wanting to resign so you just make it ok since youre Pope and off you pop(e).

As released on a bootleg

2Q==Image Enlarger

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: PauliesGirl
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22226, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694