The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 176 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
9 December 2012
12.02am
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9706

Im not much of a reactor to news, it comes and it goes live goes on, but some things make me stop and go "YIKES!". And one of those is the report that the UK have evidence that Syria are getting ready to use chemical weapons (tho they also claimed they had evidence of WMD's and that was a lie).

That concerns me.

In other news its fricken cold in Scotland.

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
9 December 2012
1.27am
Holsety
God Only Knows
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 261

I just wanted to share that hearing A Crazy Little Thing Called Love in this Lays commercial was enlightening. Personally I don't listen to Queen very much, and I found the bassline catchy. I pay attention to those sort of things a lot..

Please don't wake me, no don't shake me, leave me where I am, I'm only sleeping~.
9 December 2012
2.41am
Dear Prudence
Coming down fast but miles above you.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1176

Hey guys! Well I just went through a turbulent break-up with a long time boyfriend (We're hardly talking, long story) and it's been Beatles non-stop all day.

Dear Prudence Giving you quality -Facepalms- , since August 7, 2010.
9 December 2012
4.51am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4651

Aw Pru I'm so sorry!! But welcome back girl!!! We MISS YOU!! heartheartheart a-hard-days-night-ringo-10a-hard-days-night-ringo-10a-hard-days-night-ringo-10

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
9 December 2012
1.50pm
meanmistermustard

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
9 December 2012
4.54pm
Dear Prudence
Coming down fast but miles above you.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1176

mithveaen said
Aw Pru I'm so sorry!! But welcome back girl!!! We MISS YOU!! heartheartheart a-hard-days-night-ringo-10a-hard-days-night-ringo-10a-hard-days-night-ringo-10

Thank you Mith ahdn_george_08 It's gonna be alright, eventually…

Dear Prudence Giving you quality -Facepalms- , since August 7, 2010.
9 December 2012
5.43pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4651

re: Mad Men scene

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA That was brilliant! I was really looking forward to seeing this scene since I knew they used Tomorrow Never Knows.. but this is just brilliant!! Thanks for sharing! apple01apple01

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
9 December 2012
10.47pm
Funny Paper
America
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1971

I know a lot of people like to see Madmen morph out of the 50s mold and start to crack in various ways under the pressure of the 60s cultural revolution -- and logically, I guess it makes sense, else you would have little dramatic change going on from season to season.

But personally, I would prefer it if the whole show's premise was precisely these Madmen resisting that pressure, and just merrily continuing to be thoroughly 50s -- chasing secretaries around the desk, drinking martinis, smoking without worrying about it, blurting out politically INcorrect sentiments about society; etc.

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...
10 December 2012
12.10am
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2038

Just a quick Beatles related question.

I just found an interview with Maureen about Ringo on Tumblr somewhere. Apparently it's from some French magazine from 1988. She tells a lot of interesting things. Anyway, I was just wondering where I needed to post the interview. Do I have to start a whole new thread in the Ringo section for it? 

Also, why isn't there an Interview section or something?

10 December 2012
5.33am
Funny Paper
America
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1971

Linde said
Just a quick Beatles related question.

I just found an interview with Maureen about Ringo on Tumblr somewhere. Apparently it's from some French magazine from 1988. She tells a lot of interesting things. Anyway, I was just wondering where I needed to post the interview. Do I have to start a whole new thread in the Ringo section for it? 

Also, why isn't there an Interview section or something?

A section devoted to interviews would be great.  They are a special source of information about the Beatles.

As for the Ringo interview, I would post it in the Ringo section.

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...
10 December 2012
10.16pm
meanmistermustard

Has anyone ever gotten or seen a Lime flavoured Fox's Glazier fruit? Supposedly they are included in the bags but i never get one.

11 December 2012
1.25am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1665

Hey, does anybody like riddles? If you do, here's one:

From the beginning of eternity

To the end of time and space

To the beginning of every end

And the end of every place.

What am I?

Do you want to know a secret? Read my username backwards. ~ ~ ~ - - - . . . - - - ~ ~ ~ Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy...

☮ & <3

11 December 2012
1.59am
meanmistermustard

The letter 'e'?

11 December 2012
2.49am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Apple rooftop

meanmistermustard said
The letter 'e'?

That's correct!

Hey, maybe I should start a riddles thread…

Do you want to know a secret? Read my username backwards. ~ ~ ~ - - - . . . - - - ~ ~ ~ Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy...

☮ & <3

11 December 2012
5.52pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2934

Anybody got any tips on record keeping/preserving? I'm building up a small collection of originals and some are in a bad way so…anyone??

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

12 December 2012
9.05am
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2038

I just had my first workday yesterday, as a cleaner at a Chinese restaurant. It was horrible. My boss spoke half Dutch half Chinese so I didn't understand half of what she was saying. I spent 3 hours vacuuming the floor, because I "didn't do it right". She yelled at me and said it looked as if no one had been there, but really, when you looked at the floor it was superclean! Then I had to clean the windows and of course I did that wrong too. I then spent 10 minutes crying in some corner, wondering if I was just a lousy person, not being able to do anything right and why I'm always so unlucky when it comes to work. Oh and I decided to skip school. I was so tired.

13 December 2012
1.54am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Apple rooftop

What do *9* and *17* mean?

@Linde:

That's horrible! Don't worry, as far as I know, you're not a lousy person. I hope you have better luck with your work. Here are some apples to cheer you up!

apple01apple01apple01

☮ & <3

13 December 2012
3.39am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Apple rooftop

Does anybody know what the time difference between America and Europe/England is?

☮ & <3

13 December 2012
3.47pm
bikelock28
Standing There
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 230

Depends where you are in either. New York is 5 hours behind London, San Francisco is 8 hours behind London.

"I don't think we were actually swimming, as it were, with shirts on, 'cos we always wear overcoats when we're swimming,"-

George Harrison, Australia, June 1964

13 December 2012
9.00pm
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Apple rooftop

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Thanks!

Also:

Apparently Paul had a severe stomachache, according to Microsoft Word Help.

I was typing something in Word, and I wrote "next door" and it said it was improper grammar (it should be hyphenated), so I clicked on the Explain option, and this was one of the examples:

• Instead of: Paul had a severe stomach ache.
  • Consider: Paul had a severe stomachache.

Poor Paul!

paul-mccartney

☮ & <3

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: meanmistermustard, Annadog40
43 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9702

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 5099

Ahhh Girl: 4920

mithveaen: 4651

Zig: 4084

Annadog40: 4080

Mr. Kite: 3628

Ron Nasty: 3024

fabfouremily: 2934

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2589

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3162

Newest Members: estoreparka, mouse, ug3hp, tilt, JMF

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (4920), meanmistermustard (9702), Zig (4084), Joe (3450)

Administrators: Joe (3450), Ellie (1)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None