The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 176 | Fab Forum

Introducing the inaugural Fab Forum February Fundraiser! Click here for more details.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
No permission to create posts
9 December 2012
1.50pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 17110
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3502sp_Permalink

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
9 December 2012
5.43pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4631
3504sp_Permalink

re: Mad Men scene

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA That was brilliant! I was really looking forward to seeing this scene since I knew they used Tomorrow Never Knows.. but this is just brilliant!! Thanks for sharing! apple01apple01

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
9 December 2012
10.47pm
Funny Paper
America
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2093
3505sp_Permalink

I know a lot of people like to see Madmen morph out of the 50s mold and start to crack in various ways under the pressure of the 60s cultural Revolution -- and logically, I guess it makes sense, else you would have little dramatic change going on from season to season.

But personally, I would prefer it if the whole show's premise was precisely these Madmen resisting that pressure, and just merrily continuing to be thoroughly 50s -- chasing secretaries around the desk, drinking martinis, smoking without worrying about it, blurting out politically INcorrect sentiments about society; etc.

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...
13 December 2012
9.00pm
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1825

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Thanks!

Also:

Apparently Paul had a severe stomachache, according to Microsoft Word Help.

I was typing something in Word, and I wrote "next door" and it said it was improper grammar (it should be hyphenated), so I clicked on the Explain option, and this was one of the examples:

• Instead of: Paul had a severe stomach ache.
  • Consider: Paul had a severe stomachache.

Poor Paul!

paul-mccartney

Geometry, wisdom, tangerines... "The time is gone, the song is over, thought I'd something more to say..."

Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy, Ravioli, Eggroll Eggrolli...

Purple stuff... ellipses...

14 December 2012
4.52am
unknown
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1444
3518sp_Permalink

Egroeg Evoli said
What do *9* and *17* mean?

9 is John's lucky number and 17 was the working title of I Saw Her Standing There.

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit
14 December 2012
4.17pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2627

bikelock28 said
Depends where you are in either. New York is 5 hours behind London, San Francisco is 8 hours behind London.

London is an hour behind the Netherlands too, I believe. So it depends where you are in Europe as well.

Yesterday I had to work again. She started yelling again. After I sweeped the floor I had to vacuum it again, but I thought to myself ''Okay, you can either do what she says and get all hysterical again, or you can just go home and quit this.'' So I walked back and she was all like ''What you do? Vacuum cleaner there! You vacuum floor! Now'' (she doesn't speak Dutch that well, so I often don't understand half of what she says) I just said: ''No. I'm not doing anything. I'm going home and I'm not coming back. Bye'' So I just wrote down my hours and went home. Then my mom went there, without me knowing, and started rambling to my boss, telling her I was so sensitive and she doesn't need to yell and all. Then she wanted to talk it out with me so I had to go there AGAIN today. She SORT OF apologized and asked me if I wanted to continue working there. I just told her I needed to think about it. In the meanwhile, the post office had called to our home, asking if I was still interested in a job, sorting all the letters out and stuff. It's easy, easier to combine with school and it pays sooo much better. So I'll have a job interview there Tuesday, and I hope that works out. Then I can wave this restaurant goodbye forever.  

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: georgiewood, ewe2
42 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 17110

Ahhh Girl: 10708

Annadog40: 9656

Zig: 7531

parlance: 7092