Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
27 November 2012
8.53pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3481sp_Permalink sp_Print

My last computer was like that, mmm, then somebody stepped on it and a lot of the screen turned black. I got a new one yesterday, and it’s a fancy kind  of Toshiba.

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

28 November 2012
7.39pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929

Felt so bad last night – I´m all for animal rights and under any other circumstances I would not have laughed at this because it´s really not funny but I couldn´t help it – thought I´d share.

A comedian asked some people in his audience what was the wierdest thing they had ever done on holiday and there were some slightly strange answers and then a middle-aged guy said ”I kicked an armadillo.”

Apparently, he went on a guided nature tour and the thing walked out in front of him, he panicked, so he kicked it and it went flying over the tree.

I wish I never laughed at that because poor armadillo (it´s really not funny) but I couldn´t help it – even my mom looked shocked that I laughed. (hope I haven´t offended anyone by sharing tht – not my intentions at all.)

Anyway, I feel apprehensive about tommorow. Eleven years since George left us and I know I´ll be thinking about him all day long. It will be very sad, I wasn´t that  into The Beatles last year so experiencing the anniversaries of their deaths are a new thing.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

28 November 2012
11.53pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
3483sp_Permalink sp_Print

Lol, I probably would have laughed too though.

I know, 11 years already! 

I was supposed to have a job interview last Tuesday, but Monday the dude who was supposed to interview me rang me and told me I didn’t have to come anymore and just hung up. It was a bit rude.  My mom was completely pissed off so she rang the company, as I was a bit shocked and sad and all. She complained about his behaviour and the girl on the phone sent an official complaint to his supervisor and to him. He will now get a reprimande and is forced to apologize to me as well. Also, the girl said the job wasn’t even taken yet! So she placed me for next week. Then, today they rang me again and told me next week wasn’t possible either, due to personal reasons of that douchebag. So now I have to come at the 11th! Aaargh. The appointment for Tuesday was already made SIX weeks ago. Everything has gone wrong with applying for this job so far. Everytime they told me theiy had a full agenda, but a couple of my friends would apply daaays after me and they would just get the job! WTF. And now I’m getting this.

Uuugh.

This weekend we’re celebrating Sinterklaas, that should be fun.

29 November 2012
3.35pm
bikelock28
Standing There
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 228
3484sp_Permalink sp_Print

A comedian asked some people in his audience what waas the wierdest thing they had ever done one holiday and there were some slightly strange answers and then a middle-aged guy said ”I kicked an armadillo.”

Apparently, he went on a guided nature tour and the thing walked out in front of him, he panicked, so he kicked it and it went flying over the tree

Pfft, that really did make me laugh! Was the comedian on TV?

Hope you enjoy Sinterklaas, Linde- is that the festival involving oranges/coal in shoes? (Or am I thinking of something else?)

I hope everyone’s OK about George today.

a-hard-days-night-george-9hearta-hard-days-night-george-10heartahdn_george_08

"I don't think we were actually swimming, as it were, with shirts on, 'cos we always wear overcoats when we're swimming,"-

George Harrison, Australia, June 1964

29 November 2012
7.45pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members

bikelock28 said

A comedian asked some people in his audience what waas the wierdest thing they had ever done one holiday and there were some slightly strange answers and then a middle-aged guy said ”I kicked an armadillo.”

Apparently, he went on a guided nature tour and the thing walked out in front of him, he panicked, so he kicked it and it went flying over the tree

Hope you enjoy Sinterklaas, Linde- is that the festival involving oranges/coal in shoes? (Or am I thinking of something else?

Yes, he was on Live At The Apollo, I can’t remember his name though.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

29 November 2012
11.53pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
3486sp_Permalink sp_Print

bikelock28 said

Hope you enjoy Sinterklaas, Linde- is that the festival involving oranges/coal in shoes? (Or am I thinking of something else?)

Yeah it’s kinda like Christmas but different. Just google for some pictures. It’s actually for children but we still celebrate it in a different way. He arrives on a boat with ”Black Peters” (zwarte pieten in Dutch) and the story basically goes that he goes over the roofs with his horse and the Zwarte Pieten with a bag of presents and the Zwarte Pieten go through the chimney and put a present in your shoe as you put it in front of the fireplace (if you have one) the night before. And you also have to sing a Sinterklaas song. Sometimes kids put oranges or carrots in their shoe ”for the horse”. Next day you’ll come downstairs and find some presents and candy (Pepernoten mostly) in your shoe. On 5 December it’s ”Pakjesavond” and that’s when he comes to your house (my parents used to hire an actor when we still believed in it) or when you just have a bag of presents ”he left”. 

This 800 year old man obviously doesn’t exist, but it is derived from a myth. Also, his entrance is always filmed and broadcasted and we always used to watch that when we were little. He also arrives in other places, like here, in Almelo. There are a lot of Sinterklazen. Anyway, there’s basically one actor who appears in public and on tv shows the most.

Okay, the way we celebrate it now, now my little brother and sister are nearly adults too, is a very common way. We make little wishlists and we write or name on it. We then put it in a box and draw lots. Usually you then buy some presents, make an often funny poem about the person whose lot you got and then you also craft something funny together. We don’t actually do the crafting, because no one really had the time. We only did this for 5 euros, because my parents and grandma also just bought presents for us, to kinda keep the old tradition going. This is the first time we do the lot thing, so this is more just a test. In school we also used to draw lots for SInterklaas, in primary school.

Anyway, it’s not just giving presents as they’re being put in a jute bag, which is the bag ”Sinterklaas” usually puts the presents in and brings them with him. It’s always very nice and cozy and all. It’s just the whole sphere of laughing at the poems, eating pepernoten and unwrapping the gifts.

Some people also just celebrate Christmas with presents here, or both Christmas and Sinterklaas. We only celebrate Sinterklaas with presents and even though I’m a huge Christmasfan and I love to decorate the house and all, I just wouldn’t want it to be switched. I’m just used at celebrating Sinterklaas with presents.

I hope I explained it well, but I think that if you really want to know what it is about, you’ll have to use Google, as I’m horrible at explaining things a-hard-days-night-john-6

30 November 2012
9.59pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
3487sp_Permalink sp_Print

For those who have itunes they have released a new version #11 for download, before upgrading i would recommend you check out its layout before downloading. Some of its functionality has gone and its not gone down well in some quarters .  

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

2 December 2012
11.44pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members

Sinterklaas was awesome!

I’ve got:

– A H&M giftcard

– A little Christmas house with light in it

– A bauble (? that’s what google translator says lol) with my first letter on it. It’s a really beautiful one and of course they only had Linda and no Linde..so yeah..

– A Buddha figurine

– A necklace with an apple with a little clock in it

– A rubber duck (as I collect them)

– A chocolate letter

– A little angel to hang in the Christmas tree

– A smokey eyes eyeshadow set

– A book about the Beatles

So yeah, I’m very pleased. It was a good Sinterklaas.

3 December 2012
12.44am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080
3489sp_Permalink sp_Print

I had heard of “Sinterklaas” before — I didn’t realize it was a whole festival and to-do with gifts and stuff.

I liked the word when I first saw it years ago, and I created a character in a story I wrote, a bear who is a pet but who escapes and attacks a man.  I named the bear “Splinterclaws”.

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

3 December 2012
3.09pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
3490sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hahaha Splinterclaws! Awesome name for a bear.

3 December 2012
5.07pm
bikelock28
Standing There
Members
3491sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah it’s kinda like Christmas but different. Just google for some pictures. It’s actually for children but we still celebrate it in a different way. He arrives on a boat with ”Black Peters” (zwarte pieten in Dutch) and the story basically goes that he goes over the roofs with his horse and the Zwarte Pieten with a bag of presents and the Zwarte Pieten go through the chimney and put a present in your shoe as you put it in front of the fireplace (if you have one) the night before. And you also have to sing a Sinterklaas song. Sometimes kids put oranges or carrots in their shoe ”for the horse”. Next day you’ll come downstairs and find some presents and candy (Pepernoten mostly) in your shoe. On 5 December it’s ”Pakjesavond” and that’s when he comes to your house (my parents used to hire an actor when we still believed in it) or when you just have a bag of presents ”he left”.

This 800 year old man obviously doesn’t exist, but it is derived from a myth. Also, his entrance is always filmed and broadcasted and we always used to watch that when we were little. He also arrives in other places, like here, in Almelo. There are a lot of Sinterklazen. Anyway, there’s basically one actor who appears in public and on tv shows the most.

Okay, the way we celebrate it now, now my little brother and sister are nearly adults too, is a very common way. We make little wishlists and we write or name on it. We then put it in a box and draw lots. Usually you then buy some presents, make an often funny poem about the person whose lot you got and then you also craft something funny together. We don’t actually do the crafting, because no one really had the time. We only did this for 5 euros, because my parents and grandma also just bought presents for us, to kinda keep the old tradition going. This is the first time we do the lot thing, so this is more just a test. In school we also used to draw lots for SInterklaas, in primary school.

Anyway, it’s not just giving presents as they’re being put in a jute bag, which is the bag ”Sinterklaas” usually puts the presents in and brings them with him. It’s always very nice and cozy and all. It’s just the whole sphere of laughing at the poems, eating pepernoten and unwrapping the gifts.

Some people also just celebrate Christmas with presents here, or both Christmas and Sinterklaas. We only celebrate Sinterklaas with presents and even though I’m a huge Christmasfan and I love to decorate the house and all, I just wouldn’t want it to be switched. I’m just used at celebrating Sinterklaas with presentsI hope I explained it well, but I think that if you really want to know what it is about, you’ll have to use Google, as I’m horrible at explaining things a-hard-days-night-john-6

Cheers for all that Linde. I actually find it really interesting how other countries celebrate Chirstmas.

Does anyone know what vocal range Elvis was?

"I don't think we were actually swimming, as it were, with shirts on, 'cos we always wear overcoats when we're swimming,"-

3 December 2012
5.47pm
bikelock28
Standing There
Members
3492sp_Permalink sp_Print

AAAAAAHHHH!! SIDFJ;HDS;LIFG’SDJ;DFIGOLJDF

KATE MIDDLETON IS PREGNANT!!!!!

SDFJIOLUH\S0DI0DFIOPOP

a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

3 December 2012
6.56pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
3493sp_Permalink sp_Print

bikelock28 said
AAAAAAHHHH!! SIDFJ;HDS;LIFG’SDJ;DFIGOLJDF

KATE MIDDLETON IS PREGNANT!!!!!

SDFJIOLUH\S0DI0DFIOPOP

a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

And apparently suffering from some sort of illness? Least that’s what I heard.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

4 December 2012
2.36am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
3494sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
Hahaha Splinterclaws! Awesome name for a bear.

Thanks, I’m particularly proud of that one!

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

6 December 2012
3.17am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
3495sp_Permalink sp_Print

And now for something completely different:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..-WBKah3uwg

6 December 2012
2.33pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3496sp_Permalink sp_Print

A fantastic night-time picture of Earth called Black Marble. The BBC have an article about it

Black MarbleImage Enlarger

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

7 December 2012
8.44am
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
3497sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 That’s absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing mmm.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

9 December 2012
12.02am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3498sp_Permalink sp_Print

Im not much of a reactor to news, it comes and it goes live goes on, but some things make me stop and go “YIKES!”. And one of those is the report that the UK have evidence that Syria are getting ready to use chemical weapons (tho they also claimed they had evidence of WMD’s and that was a lie).

That concerns me.

In other news its fricken cold in Scotland.

9 December 2012
1.27am
Holsety
God Only Knows
Members
Forum Posts: 263
3499sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just wanted to share that hearing A Crazy Little Thing Called Love in this Lays commercial was enlightening. Personally I don’t listen to Queen very much, and I found the bassline catchy. I pay attention to those sort of things a lot..

Please don't wake me, no don't shake me, leave me where I am, I'm only sleeping~.

9 December 2012
2.41am
Dear Prudence
Coming down fast but miles above you.
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1134
3500sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey guys! Well I just went through a turbulent break-up with a long time boyfriend (We’re hardly talking, long story) and it’s been Beatles non-stop all day.

Dear Prudence

Giving you quality -Facepalms- , since August 7, 2010.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: meanmistermustard
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2857
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690