Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
9 November 2012
8.06pm
goodbyehello
The Jersey Shore-yeah, that one....
The Jacaranda
Members
Forum Posts: 26
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3461sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just read this whole thread!a-hard-days-night-paul-10

9 November 2012
8.26pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
3462sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just read this whole thread!
Really! All 174 pages. Must have taken a while. Did it make any sense?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

9 November 2012
8.49pm
goodbyehello
The Jersey Shore-yeah, that one....
The Jacaranda
Members
Forum Posts: 26
3463sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
I just read this whole thread!
Really! All 174 pages. Must have taken a while. Did it make any sense?

I don’t know- I feel completely disoriented now. Where am I?a-hard-days-night-john-3

9 November 2012
10.14pm
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080
3464sp_Permalink sp_Print

“Even in the 80s we were time-shifting with our VCR, and that was not really adequately accounted-for then, IMO.”

There was an amusing scene in the first Back to the Future movie, where Michael J. Fox is sitting around the dinner table with the family who took him in when he went backward in time to the 1950s (the teenage daughter who has a crush on him being the person who will, in the future, grow up to be his own mother!), and the TV is on (black and white of course) and a famous popular show comes on, and Michael — who has been carefully pretending to be normal and not from the future — blurts out without thinking:

“Oh, I saw that one — it’s funny”

And the teenage girl says in bewilderment:

“What!?  How could you have seen that show?  It’s just now starting…!”

Of course, they didn’t even have the concept of “re-runs” back then.

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

10 November 2012
12.58am
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5447
3465sp_Permalink sp_Print

Whenever I want to feel old, I just remind myself that “Back To The Future” (which I saw in the theatre as a teenager) is significantly FURTHER back in the past than Marty McFly traveled!

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

13 November 2012
4.53pm
bikelock28
Standing There
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 228
3466sp_Permalink sp_Print

Is it? Doesn’t Marty travel to from 1985 to 1955? That’s 30 years, and if its 2012 now its 27 years since 1985….I heard that they’re remaking them when its the 30th anniversary.

"I don't think we were actually swimming, as it were, with shirts on, 'cos we always wear overcoats when we're swimming,"-

George Harrison, Australia, June 1964

13 November 2012
6.09pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3467sp_Permalink sp_Print

I hope their not remaking Back To The Future. Cant they let films age without having to ‘modernise’ them for a new audience? Surely people are capable of watching old films on dvd without going gee wouldnt this be so much better with fancy new effects and swishy noises and garbled dialogue that is so flat you couldnt get an ameba beneath it?

Why dont the film companies just say we want your cash but cant be bothered coming up with a new idea so have decided to remake an oldie?

On a different subject The Beatles song Taxman got a Football Ground announcer fired. The tannoy man played it during half-time of the Scottlish Premier League Hibernian v Dundee United match on Sunday as a dig at their closest rivals Hearts (or Heart of Midlothian) who are struggling to survive after being hit with a winding up order by the Taxman .

Taxman was also played at a lot of Scottish grounds when Rangers were being chased for unpaid tax bills (but no one got fired).

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

13 November 2012
7.43pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5447
3468sp_Permalink sp_Print

OK duh, for some reason I was thinking Marty traveled back 20 years instead of 30 – a problem I wouldn’t have had if I’d only stopped to reflect that he was travelling from the ’80s back to the ’50s! (Bonehead.)

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

15 November 2012
2.33am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
3469sp_Permalink sp_Print

My favorite line from Back to the Future (besides the one I quoted above) is when Marty is trying to convince someone (finally) that he’s from the future, and that person, skeptical, says:  “Okay, tell me who’s President in the future.”

“Ronald Reagan,” says Marty.

The skeptic roars with laughter, and says:

“I suppose you’re also going to tell me that Jack Benny is Secretary of State!”

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

15 November 2012
10.06pm
bikelock28
Standing There
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 228

The best bit has to be in the first one, when Marty says, “This one’s an oldie….well, it’s an oldie where I come from,” and then rips into Johnny B Goode (that version was the when I realsied how Rock ‘N’ Roll is) and then the guy is on the phone to Chuck Berry.

Although actually, my favourite out of the BttF films is the second one. Not many people like it, but I think it is the most exciting because of the dead-Dad threat and the bit where he has to go back again to the disco in 1955and not run into himself. Its just a shame that there probably won’t be flying skateboards and automatically lace-up shoes in 2015.

MMM- apparently the BttF films are being re-amde for 2015 and Justin Beiber will play Marty. I read it in a dumb magazine a while ago. Its probably not true, so don’t worry!

VB- Imagine if Marty did  travel back to 1965….look out, Shea Stadium!

"I don't think we were actually swimming, as it were, with shirts on, 'cos we always wear overcoats when we're swimming,"-

George Harrison, Australia, June 1964

15 November 2012
10.24pm
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
3471sp_Permalink sp_Print

bikelock28 said
 The best bit has to be in the first one, when Marty says, “This one’s an oldie….well, it’s an oldie where I come from,” and then rips into Johnny B Goode (that version was the when I realsied how Rock ‘N’ Roll is) and then the guy is on the phone to Chuck Berry.

Although actually, my favourite out of the BttF films is the second one. Not many people like it, but I think it is the most exciting because of the dead-Dad threat and the bit where he has to go back again to the disco in 1955and not run into himself. Its just a shame that there probably won’t be flying skateboards and automatically lace-up shoes in 2015.

MMM- apparently the BttF films are being re-amde for 2015 and Justin Beiber will play Marty. I read it in a dumb magazine a while ago. Its probably not true, so don’t worry!

VB- Imagine if Marty did  travel back to 1965….look out, Shea Stadium!

Wow, I’m embarrassed to admit this, but I didn’t know there was more than one Back to the Future film!  All this time.  I’ll have to check out the other ones.

15 November 2012
11.30pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3472sp_Permalink sp_Print

That Justin Beiber story surely is made-up garbage. I saw him in CSI and a piece of wood would have done a better job.

I liked the first 2 but found the third to be one too many, it didnt work for me for some reason, just couldnt get into it.

Like Bikelock i liked the second for the whole cannot meet himself angle but the first two are fabulous films and never get tiring no matter how many times i see them.

16 November 2012
4.32pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5441
3473sp_Permalink sp_Print

Back To The Future reboot:

1985 Citizen: So you say you’re from the year 2011? OK wise guy, tell me who’s the Governor of California?

Marty McFly: Arnold Schwarzeneggar.

1985 Citzen: The weightlifter?! Haw haw haw, yeah right! And I suppose the President is black!

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

18 November 2012
4.53pm
thewordislove94
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 181
3474sp_Permalink sp_Print

Twinkies have so much chemical preservatives that would probably survive a nuclear attack, but they could not survive a labor strike. Someone has to have one from 1985…I wonder what it looks like…

two-virgins 

"The world is a very serious and, at times, very sad place - but at other times it is all such a joke."-George Harrison

19 November 2012
7.13pm
annab93
Over the Rainbow
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 117
3475sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 same with a hamburger from McDonald’s. everyone is freaking out because Hostess apparently went out of business, but I never cared for the food. mainly because of all the preservatives!

You make your own dream.

25 November 2012
3.27am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4621
3476sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi everybody. How have you been? I’m on vacations a-hard-days-night-ringo-10a-hard-days-night-ringo-10a-hard-days-night-ringo-10

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

25 November 2012
1.33pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Mithapple01 Vacation timeheart Work and life still hectic for you i presume so enjoy your hols like never before. Nice to see you here again. 

My laptop broke down for the 3rd time in 20 months – piece of crap.

Anyone seen Sun King ?

26 November 2012
11.11pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
3478sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ehm..hi.

What is this thread for? Just a slowchat kind of thing?

27 November 2012
2.24am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4621

ahdn_paul_06 Yes. Just post something not related to the Beatles that you feel like sharing a-hard-days-night-john-2

Thanks MeanMrMustard. I haven’t seen SunKing for a while.. and I’m sorry about your laptop. Any chance to take it back to the store??

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

27 November 2012
3.18am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3480sp_Permalink sp_Print

Its got a repairment plan thingy where you pay £8p/m and that covers all breakdowns but it has to be sent away so its the inconvenience more than anything. It was last in 3 months ago and within 5 days of getting it back the left click on the touchpad started dying again. In 20 months they have had to replace the motherboard, touchpad x 2 (so far but it will be x3 if it comes back), keyboard, hard drive and who knows what this time – and it was bought new.
So trying to get it written off but i doubt they will agree as if they do replace it free of charge. I wont be buying a Toshiba as its a piece of garbage.

Linde, its an anything goes, within reason, thread. I think it was created so folks could post whatever from the mundane to the groung breaking and not stress about remaining on topic (not that that stops folk from going off topic in other threads).

Why doesnt the site spell checker like the word repairment, isnt it a true word? 

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2857
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690