The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 174 | Fab Forum

Introducing the inaugural Fab Forum February Fundraiser! Click here for more details.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
No permission to create posts
9 November 2012
8.06pm
goodbyehello
The Jersey Shore-yeah, that one....
The Jacaranda
Forum Posts: 26
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
13 November 2012
6.09pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 17141
3467sp_Permalink

I hope their not remaking Back To The Future. Cant they let films age without having to 'modernise' them for a new audience? Surely people are capable of watching old films on dvd without going gee wouldnt this be so much better with fancy new effects and swishy noises and garbled dialogue that is so flat you couldnt get an ameba beneath it?

Why dont the film companies just say we want your cash but cant be bothered coming up with a new idea so have decided to remake an oldie?

On a different subject The Beatles song Taxman got a Football Ground announcer fired. The tannoy man played it during half-time of the Scottlish Premier League Hibernian v Dundee United match on Sunday as a dig at their closest rivals Hearts (or Heart of Midlothian) who are struggling to survive after being hit with a winding up order by the Taxman.

Taxman was also played at a lot of Scottish grounds when Rangers were being chased for unpaid tax bills (but no one got fired).

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
15 November 2012
10.06pm
bikelock28
Standing There
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 230

The best bit has to be in the first one, when Marty says, "This one's an oldie....well, it's an oldie where I come from," and then rips into Johnny B Goode (that version was the when I realsied how Rock 'N' Roll is) and then the guy is on the phone to Chuck Berry.

Although actually, my favourite out of the BttF films is the second one. Not many people like it, but I think it is the most exciting because of the dead-Dad threat and the bit where he has to go back again to the disco in 1955and not run into himself. Its just a shame that there probably won't be flying skateboards and automatically lace-up shoes in 2015.

MMM- apparently the BttF films are being re-amde for 2015 and Justin Beiber will play Marty. I read it in a dumb magazine a while ago. Its probably not true, so don't worry!

VB- Imagine if Marty did  travel back to 1965....look out, Shea Stadium!

"I don't think we were actually swimming, as it were, with shirts on, 'cos we always wear overcoats when we're swimming,"-

George Harrison, Australia, June 1964

15 November 2012
10.24pm
Funny Paper
America
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2093
3471sp_Permalink

bikelock28 said
 The best bit has to be in the first one, when Marty says, "This one's an oldie....well, it's an oldie where I come from," and then rips into Johnny B Goode (that version was the when I realsied how
Rock 'N' Roll is) and then the guy is on the phone to Chuck Berry.

Although actually, my favourite out of the BttF films is the second one. Not many people like it, but I think it is the most exciting because of the dead-Dad threat and the bit where he has to go back again to the disco in 1955and not run into himself. Its just a shame that there probably won't be flying skateboards and automatically lace-up shoes in 2015.

MMM- apparently the BttF films are being re-amde for 2015 and Justin Beiber will play Marty. I read it in a dumb magazine a while ago. Its probably not true, so don't worry!

VB- Imagine if Marty did  travel back to 1965....look out, Shea Stadium!

Wow, I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I didn't know there was more than one Back to the Future film!  All this time.  I'll have to check out the other ones.

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...
25 November 2012
1.33pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 17141
Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Annadog40, JPM-Fangirl
36 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page: JPM-Fangirl
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 17138

Ahhh Girl: 10751

Annadog40: 9751

Zig: 7555

parlance: 7092