The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 167 | All together now | Fab forum

A A A

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
19 September 2012
5.16pm
meanmistermustard
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 7170

It might be me but is the story of Kate Middleton being photo'd topless in France really worthy of such media coverage? Surely there are more important stories going on than a woman being snapped sunbathing without a top !

If it was the Princess of some other country the pics would be on pages 4 & 5 of all the newspapers with some suggestive double entendre headline yet if its one of ours they actually like its shouts of disgusts. Anyway wasnt Sarah Ferguson (one of the Royals) plastered all over the papers back in the 90's in a big scandal; the media didnt gave a toss about printing pics then.

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
19 September 2012
5.20pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6972

Your media trying to be (slightly) less sleazy. It's the Rupert Murdoch effect.

I tried to think of something powerful and moving… and failed.  "You were given a choice between war and dishonor - you chose dishonor, and you shall have war" - Winston Churchill
19 September 2012
6.00pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Forum Posts: 2941

I told my mom this morning that I didn´t think it right that no one makes such a big deal of it when it´s any other person in the public eye, and I recieved a very cold look back in response. I'm not saying that it´s right what the photographer and the various papers did/are doing but I've seen loads of pictures of topless celebs and I never heard anything about that on the news.

Mind you, I'm not the biggest fan of the Royal Family (a-hard-days-night-ringo-6), so maybe I'm biased anyway.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

19 September 2012
6.13pm
annab93
Over the Rainbow
Royal Command Performance
Forum Posts: 117

I don't know where all of you are from, but Americans are OBSESSED with the royals. Obsessed. So for something like this to happen, the American media will go absolutely insane and won't shut up about it for probably another few weeks. That's how American media is, I feel: report every single little thing that happens and act like it's huge news.

Obviously, it was very rude of that photographer to take those pictures, but Americans hold on to every scandal like a dog holds on to steak. They just won't give it up until they've picked apart all that they could.

You make your own dream.
19 September 2012
7.09pm
meanmistermustard
Apple rooftop

So will the next pics of Victoria Beckham or some other celeb be passed over by The Sun, Daily Star or any other of the tabloids? Of course not, they wont be able to get the money out and print them quick enough. It wont even occur to them to ask how the photos were gained.

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
19 September 2012
7.48pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Forum Posts: 3298

annab93 said
I don't know where all of you are from, but Americans are OBSESSED with the royals. Obsessed. So for something like this to happen, the American media will go absolutely insane and won't shut up about it for probably another few weeks. That's how American media is, I feel: report every single little thing that happens and act like it's huge news.

Obviously, it was very rude of that photographer to take those pictures, but Americans hold on to every scandal like a dog holds on to steak. They just won't give it up until they've picked apart all that they could.

I think you may be referring to the American Media being obsessed with the Royals.

Personally, this American could not possibly care less if the queen herself was photograped topless.two-virgins 

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Can buy Joe love! If you're going to buy that song, album, or T-shirt anyway; please consider using these links to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes

19 September 2012
8.27pm
annab93
Over the Rainbow

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 this is true, Zig. the American media is obsessed with the Royals (it just makes it seem like the rest of America is too). Thanks for bringing that up!

You make your own dream.
19 September 2012
9.09pm
Zig

Yeah – I don't know why that is. I realize it is a small sample, but I can't recall anyone I've ever known giving a rat's sphincter about what the Royal lunatics were up to. The media here keeps ramming it down our throats as if we care. What a waste of time.

Can buy Joe love! If you're going to buy that song, album, or T-shirt anyway; please consider using these links to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes

19 September 2012
9.22pm
annab93
Over the Rainbow

At this point, I would agree. A few years ago I was all excited about the royal wedding and such, but now I'm getting kind of sick of hearing about them. It's just that they chronicle every single move they make and act as though everyone cares. It's getting pretty old.

You make your own dream.
19 September 2012
9.31pm
Zig

OK, moving forward.

Big Bang Theory – why have I not been watching this show from the very beginning? It seems that every network except possibly the Food Network is airing the syndicated reruns. There is no time of day when no one is airing an episode of this show. So, me and the Missus decided to check it out one night. Now, we are recording every episode we can find.

Love. This. Show.

19 September 2012
10.57pm
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1813

Ha, I only discovered it myself last year! I fell in love instantly as well and watched every episode I could – it was on about 3 times a day on different networks…but I believe the scripts really went downhill about 2010 or so. New episodes pretty much suck. Just my opinion.

It's pretty cool how each of the main 4 corresponds to a Beatle! (Howard = Ringo, Raj = George, Sheldon = Paul, Leonard = John)

One day, a tape-op got a tape on backwards, he went to play it, and it was all "Neeeradno-undowarrroom" and it was "Wow! Sounds Indian!" -- Paul McCartney
20 September 2012
1.20am
Long John Silver
Hollywood Bowl
Forum Posts: 369

Why you think Sheldon is Paul and Leonard John?

Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.
20 September 2012
1.22am
annab93
Over the Rainbow

I want to start watching it from the beginning! Maybe I'll ask for it on DVD for Christmas :D

You make your own dream.
20 September 2012
1.34am
FlyOn13
New Jersey, USA
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 207

Oh my God, my favorite non-Beatles topic: THE BIG BANG THEORY!!!!!
If you're not watching it already, you NEED to start.

feature=youtube_gdata_player

Love Amy's tiara. heart

“I was special. I always have been. Why didn't anyone notice me?" -John Lennon
20 September 2012
3.23am
annab93
Over the Rainbow

I've seen one episode and I liked what I saw, but I've found out most of what I know from other sources on the internet as opposed to the show itself. a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

You make your own dream.
20 September 2012
3.23pm
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1813

Sheldon's a control freak and egotist who has to have everything his way and dictates terms to the others, just like Paul! Meanwhile, Leonard wears glasses, plus his name kinda sounds like "Lennon".

I suppose there are plausible reasons for reversing the two, however – John had a pretty healthy ego and some Sheldon-sized neuroses of his own.

One day, a tape-op got a tape on backwards, he went to play it, and it was all "Neeeradno-undowarrroom" and it was "Wow! Sounds Indian!" -- Paul McCartney
20 September 2012
10.54pm
The Walrus
Working for the national health
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1017

Raj is George because he is Indian and Howard is Ringo because all the others were taken?

I would say that George is more like Leonard (the straight man to Sheldon/Lennon-McCartney), Ringo is loveable Raj, and John and Paul could be either the egotist or the womaniser.

And I neeeeeeeeed her all the time
21 September 2012
2.10am
annab93
Over the Rainbow

Well, I'm listening to Revolution 9 at 9:09 pm, so I clearly feel like a champ. a-hard-days-night-john-1 (even though it's now 9:10)

You make your own dream.
21 September 2012
11.01am
Long John Silver
Hollywood Bowl
Forum Posts: 369

Von Bontee said

Sheldon's a control freak and egotist who has to have everything his way and dictates terms to the others, just like Paul! Meanwhile, Leonard wears glasses, plus his name kinda sounds like "Lennon".

I suppose there are plausible reasons for reversing the two, however – John had a pretty healthy ego and some Sheldon-sized neuroses of his own.

Haha love the glasses part :) , but not really sure if they are comparable.

Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.
21 September 2012
1.47pm
meanmistermustard
Apple rooftop

Nice to see the UK is borrowing more money than before.

Forum Timezone: UTC 0

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Annadog40
55 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today None
Upcoming Ahhh Girl

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 7170

mr. Sun king coming together: 6972

mithveaen: 4678

parlance: 3637

MeanMrsMustard: 2803

Ron Nasty: 2518

skye: 2295

IveJustSeenAFaceo: 1923

LongHairedLady: 1891

Von Bontee: 1813

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 2332

Moderators: 5

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 33

Topics: 3060

Newest Members: ChristianCorl, primadonna paul, Simple Press, Kattatude, El Dorado

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (3331), fabfouremily (2941), Zig (3298), Joe (3207), Ellie (1)

Administrators: Joe (3207)