Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
1 September 2012
2.20pm
The Walrus
Working for the national health
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1026
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3301sp_Permalink sp_Print

mr. Sun king coming together said
Can anyone help me out with something? I’m got this devilishly good portion of a song I can’t identify playing in my head. It’s the repetition of 4 words – My Baby Don’t Care.

I know this!

It’s not Ticket To Ride

No I don’t.

I told her I didn’t 

2 September 2012
1.20am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964

Hal David who wrote countless hit songs with Burt Bacharach has died at the age of 91 from complications from a stroke. Some of their fantastic songs included Rain Drops Keep Falling On My Head, Magic Moments and 24 Hours From Tulsa. He also wrote the lyrics to We Have All the Time In The World made famous by Louis Armstrong which is an amazing song.

A true legend was the man.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

2 September 2012
7.35pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3303sp_Permalink sp_Print

With all the ‘discussions’ going on here recently these have been in my head

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..IdodraAzL0

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

4 September 2012
1.45am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Listening to little bits of the Star Club recordings and a bit of chat came on with Paul introducing Shimmy Shimmy (as Shittty Shitty). Some guy in the audience yells out something and John shouts out in response “shut up will you, fat bastard”. Havent laughed so much in a while.a-hard-days-night-john-1

Small minds…

(I should be in bed, got to be up in 6 hours.)

7 September 2012
1.21am
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2702
3305sp_Permalink sp_Print

Went to the dentist yesterday and my mouth’s still sore. At least I’m done with getting cavities filled for the time being…
The Madrigals are singing the Glee version of “Hello Goodbye ” in an assembly tomorrow, and I am not happy. At all. The fact that I have to sing uncomfortably high only has a little to do with it, too!
I recently found out I’m a National Merit Scholarship semifinalist. Exciting. (It actually is… my mom got the scholarship when she was in high school.)
WE WENT TO SEE RINGO ON JULY 11th IT WAS THE HAPPIEST MOMENT OF EVER
I got my AP scores. I got a 5 on Calculus BC, 4s on Physics C: Mechanics as well as Physics C: Electricity & Magnetism, and a 3 on US History. Woot. ]
Speaking of test scores, I got a 33 on the ACT. I plan to retake it on October 27th so I can take the writing portion.
I think that’s everything big that’s happened to me lately. Oh, and I’m O+. ahdn_george_08

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

8 September 2012
5.08am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4621
3306sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome back M3 apple01

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

11 September 2012
10.47pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3307sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am seriously pissed off, seriously. Scotland are an absolute joke under Craig Levein. Thankfully its too dark outside to get to the local stream or loch as i might be tempted to jump in.blue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanie

12 September 2012
12.34am
annab93
Over the Rainbow
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 117
3308sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am currently putting off my homework like a freaking champion. In other news, my roommate was up until 5 am this morning doing hers. paul-mccartney At least we’re friends!

You make your own dream.

12 September 2012
8.42pm
The Walrus
Working for the national health
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1026
3309sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
I am seriously pissed off, seriously. Scotland are an absolute joke under Craig Levein. Thankfully its too dark outside to get to the local stream or loch as i might be tempted to jump in.blue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanie

You can have Steven Gerrard if it will make you feel better.

I told her I didn’t 

12 September 2012
9.24pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3310sp_Permalink sp_Print

Gerrard normally plays in centre midfield so he’s no use; last night we created this way of playing that involves no centre midfielders in a midfield 5 and being played off the park due to being incapable of keeping the ball and passing to a teammate. And fair play we are very good at it. We have also settled on thumping it up to our forward to run onto it and hold it up, the fact he is past it and there are better opinions sitting on the bench is immaterial.

Its pure tactical genius. Fits right in with our other masterclass formation of 4-6-0 where you play no striker at all; we demonstrated it it to the world last year but they just sat laughing. They dont understand football.

Next up is the philosphy of drawing every game of the campaign – you wont qualify but will remain unbeaten. Brilliant.  

13 September 2012
5.42pm
Dipsy
Turned left at Greenland
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 238
3311sp_Permalink sp_Print

GAHHH! Magical Mystery Tour will actually screening at the Belcourt Theater in Nashville, which is only about one and a half miles away from campus! I. Am. So. PUMPED! Not even Nowhere Boy played in any of the Nashville theaters, so this is beyond epic! paul-mccartney

"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know? I'm just one of those people."

13 September 2012
7.07pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5456
3312sp_Permalink sp_Print

HEY! No talking about Beatles-related topics allowed in this thread! :)

I’ll wait a month for the DVD myself. I can’t figure out why this is being released theatrically at all – I can KINDA understand “Yellow Submarine “‘s recent release, but that one was made for the big screen, after all.

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

14 September 2012
4.01pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
3313sp_Permalink sp_Print

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger
Image Enlarger

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

19 September 2012
12.37am
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6402
3314sp_Permalink sp_Print

My apologies if I’ve been slightly off normal recently. I don’t know why, but I’ll get it sorted. 

apple01heart

Also, I am in love right now with this song:

I’ve been playing it for 20 minutes now.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

19 September 2012
12.47am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3315sp_Permalink sp_Print

No problem Sun King . We will hold back the frenzied mob for nowa-hard-days-night-george-10.

heartapple01

19 September 2012
2.40am
annab93
Over the Rainbow
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 117
3316sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sun King , I love the song you posted! Its wonderful! And I hope that you feel more like yourself soon. ahdn_ringo_09apple01

You make your own dream.

19 September 2012
1.57pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
3317sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hang in there, mr. Sun king. Whatever is bugging you, remember; All Things Must Pass !

apple01heartstuart-sutcliffe 

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

19 September 2012
5.16pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

It might be me but is the story of Kate Middleton being photo’d topless in France really worthy of such media coverage? Surely there are more important stories going on than a woman being snapped sunbathing without a top !

If it was the Princess of some other country the pics would be on pages 4 & 5 of all the newspapers with some suggestive double entendre headline yet if its one of ours they actually like its shouts of disgusts. Anyway wasnt Sarah Ferguson (one of the Royals) plastered all over the papers back in the 90’s in a big scandal; the media didnt gave a toss about printing pics then.

19 September 2012
5.20pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6402
3319sp_Permalink sp_Print

Your media trying to be (slightly) less sleazy. It’s the Rupert Murdoch effect.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

19 September 2012
6.00pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929

I told my mom this morning that I didn´t think it right that no one makes such a big deal of it when it´s any other person in the public eye, and I recieved a very cold look back in response. I’m not saying that it´s right what the photographer and the various papers did/are doing but I’ve seen loads of pictures of topless celebs and I never heard anything about that on the news.

Mind you, I’m not the biggest fan of the Royal Family (a-hard-days-night-ringo-6), so maybe I’m biased anyway.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22223, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694