Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
25 August 2012
3.21am
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6402
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3281sp_Permalink sp_Print

Any favourite TV shows? I’ve just been watching Yes Minister, a fabulous old British TV show. And yes, it is weird I love it.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

25 August 2012
12.10pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
3282sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said

fabfouremily said

Oh, you won´t have to fight to get inside the homes because you have to book tickets about a month in advance but I see what you mean… I still think it´s best to go when nothing is on.

Holy guacamole – I had no idea. Thanks for the tip. I would have walked right up the front door thinking I could get right in.a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

Sounds like I have a lot more planning to do. 

Yeah, a bit. You have to buy the tickets through the National Trust as they bought both Forthlin Road and Yoko donated Mendips. They cost about £20 if I remember correctly. Well worth it though.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

25 August 2012
11.11pm
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
3283sp_Permalink sp_Print
Zig – I want to wish you a grand trip (Oh, how I’m jealous!! Can I come as a stowaway?)
Also, if you’re going to London, could you snap a picture of 221b Baker Street? I believe you know why.

25 August 2012
11.17pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832

If I pass by there, Watson, I will.

I may pass by if I decide to see 94 Baker Street, which is a more likely destination.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

25 August 2012
11.54pm
The Walrus
Working for the national health
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1026
3285sp_Permalink sp_Print

mr. Sun king coming together said
Any favourite TV shows? I’ve just been watching Yes Minister, a fabulous old British TV show. And yes, it is weird I love it.

Try Dad’s Army, Fawlty Towers, On The Buses, The Two Ronnies and Flying Circus.

Not really my thing (except for Flying Circus, and this scene from Dad’s Army: )

but hopefully you’ll like at least one if you like Yes Minister.

fabfouremily said

Zig said

fabfouremily said

Oh, you won´t have to fight to get inside the homes because you have to book tickets about a month in advance but I see what you mean… I still think it´s best to go when nothing is on.

Holy guacamole – I had no idea. Thanks for the tip. I would have walked right up the front door thinking I could get right in.a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

Sounds like I have a lot more planning to do. 

Yeah, a bit. You have to buy the tickets through the National Trust as they bought both Forthlin Road and Yoko donated Mendips. They cost about £20 if I remember correctly. Well worth it though.

I believe Yoko also donated a soap impression of John?

I told her I didn’t 

25 August 2012
11.59pm
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
3286sp_Permalink sp_Print

I actually adore Fawlty Towers – John Cleese is superb. I’ll try the rest. Thanks!

26 August 2012
1.11am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4621
3287sp_Permalink sp_Print

Favorite TV Shows now? The Big Bang Theory. I adore Mayim Bialik, first because she’s a fantastic actor and second, because she’s an amazing role model for my students. There’s a girl in my class who admires her and says she wants to get a PhD, just because Ms Bialik has one.

Zig I can’t wait for your report on your Liverpool trip!! I hope I can go next year too!

And speaking of people we should look up to… Goodspeed Mr. Neil Armstrong, one of my Dad’s favorite persons and a true, true hero. ahdn_george_05

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

26 August 2012
1.48am
FlyOn13
New Jersey, USA
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 198
3288sp_Permalink sp_Print

Right on with The Big Bang Theory, Mith.
The Beatles and The Big Bang Theory together make up, like, my entire life. I also adore Mayim Bialik, but in my mind, Jim Parsons (who plays Sheldon Cooper) is the real hero. He is amazing in every which way possible. Practically all I say is “Bazinga” anymore.
a-hard-days-night-george-10

“I was special. I always have been. Why didn't anyone notice me?"
-John Lennon

26 August 2012
1.48am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24963
3289sp_Permalink sp_Print

One of my favourite tv shows, tho its not a comedy, is Only Connect, a quiz on BBC 4. In a day of dull quiz shows with multiple choice questions and/or basic level questions with loads of boring ‘meet the players’ chat here is a quiz where you feel so absolutely thrilled if you get even close to the answer and 2 minutes of chat at the start and its off you go. If you want to have a try at the ‘The Wall’ round you can here.

Was saddened to read of the death of Neil Armstrong. A trully inspirational man who leaves behind a legacy that will never fade.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

26 August 2012
3.20am
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
3290sp_Permalink sp_Print

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

27 August 2012
12.41pm
The Walrus
Working for the national health
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1026

I went to Reading Festival yesterday for the first time.

Very pleased to see The Horrors, Kaiser Chiefs, Two Door Cinema Club and Foo Fighters. I’d never heard of Django Django before, but they were excellent.

I also saw the Gaslight Anthem, but they were disappointing. I think they suffered from playing on the Main Stage rather than being in a tent with a better atmosphere.
Edit: I forgot the Joy Formidable, who were also incredible.

Highlight was probably the Kaiser Chiefs playing Pinball Wizard. You could close your eyes and imagine it was 1969.

I told her I didn’t 

28 August 2012
2.06am
Dipsy
Turned left at Greenland
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 238
3292sp_Permalink sp_Print

I, an extraordinarily incompetent mathematician, just made a 99% on my first college Algebra assignment!!! a-hard-days-night-john-6a-hard-days-night-paul-8ahdn_george_06ahdn_ringo_09Yes, it is such a rare occasion that it struck me as an event exciting enough to share with all of you… a-hard-days-night-george-10

"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know? I'm just one of those people."

28 August 2012
3.30pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
3293sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dipsy said
I, an extraordinarily incompetent mathematician, just made a 99% on my first college Algebra assignment!!! a-hard-days-night-john-6a-hard-days-night-paul-8ahdn_george_06ahdn_ringo_09Yes, it is such a rare occasion that it struck me as an event exciting enough to share with all of you… a-hard-days-night-george-10

Great, well done you!! I wish I could do that…

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

28 August 2012
3.41pm
Dipsy
Turned left at Greenland
Members
3294sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

Dipsy said

Thanks, Emily! a-hard-days-night-ringo-10

"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know? I'm just one of those people."

28 August 2012
3.45pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
3295sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dipsy said

fabfouremily said

Dipsy said

Thanks, Emily! a-hard-days-night-ringo-10

No problem, Ringo!!

(Passover - I. Curtis)

29 August 2012
1.45am
Dipsy
Turned left at Greenland
Members

Dipsy said

To go along with the whole “rockin’ the college Algebraic scene” theme, I’m pretty confident I got a 100% on my first quiz today!! a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

29 August 2012
4.43am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4621
3297sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congrats on your exam Dipsy!!

Ok now… I saw this and I thought “I’ve found the perfect match for Teddy. Well, two perfect matches”

feature=player_embedded#!

Aren’t they cute??? And they love guitar!!! a-hard-days-night-ringo-10a-hard-days-night-george-10a-hard-days-night-john-2a-hard-days-night-paul-8

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

29 August 2012
6.00am
Dipsy
Turned left at Greenland
Members
3298sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Thanks, Mith! a-hard-days-night-ringo-10

And that video was seriously one of the cutest things I’ve ever seen! I’m pretty sure it was impossible for me not to smile while watching that. ahdn_ringo_09

29 August 2012
4.31pm
FlyOn13
New Jersey, USA
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 198
3299sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh my God , that video is SO CUTE!!!!
Thanks, Mith! :)

“I was special. I always have been. Why didn't anyone notice me?"
-John Lennon

1 September 2012
4.01am
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members

Can anyone help me out with something? I’m got this devilishly good portion of a song I can’t identify playing in my head. It’s the repetition of 4 words – My Baby Don’t Care. It’s not Ticket To Ride , but I can’t remember the song. Anyone know what song I’m talking about?
Edit: Figgured it out – and the line is My Baby Don’t Dance.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24963, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694