The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 165 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
23 August 2012
7.09pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 3630

Thanks, em.

I was thinking along the lines of "nothing special" for that very reason. If I fly all the way over there, I don't want to have to wrestle my way into 251 Menlove, 20 Forthlin, etc…

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

24 August 2012
5.16pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2926

Zig said
Thanks, em.

I was thinking along the lines of "nothing special" for that very reason. If I fly all the way over there, I don't want to have to wrestle my way into 251 Menlove, 20 Forthlin, etc…

Oh, you won´t have to fight to get inside the homes because you have to book tickets about a month in advance but I see what you mean… I still think it´s best to go when nothing is on.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

24 August 2012
6.55pm
Zig

fabfouremily said

Oh, you won´t have to fight to get inside the homes because you have to book tickets about a month in advance but I see what you mean… I still think it´s best to go when nothing is on.

Holy guacamole – I had no idea. Thanks for the tip. I would have walked right up the front door thinking I could get right in.a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

Sounds like I have a lot more planning to do. 

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

25 August 2012
3.21am
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6916

Any favourite TV shows? I've just been watching Yes Minister, a fabulous old British TV show. And yes, it is weird I love it.

I tried to think of something powerful and moving… and failed.  "You were given a choice between war and dishonor - you chose dishonor, and you shall have war" - Winston Churchill
25 August 2012
12.10pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

Zig said

fabfouremily said

Holy guacamole – I had no idea. Thanks for the tip. I would have walked right up the front door thinking I could get right in.a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

Yeah, a bit. You have to buy the tickets through the National Trust as they bought both Forthlin Road and Yoko donated Mendips. They cost about £20 if I remember correctly. Well worth it though.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

25 August 2012
11.11pm
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Zig – I want to wish you a grand trip (Oh, how I'm jealous!! Can I come as a stowaway?)
Also, if you're going to London, could you snap a picture of 221b Baker Street? I believe you know why.
I tried to think of something powerful and moving… and failed.  "You were given a choice between war and dishonor - you chose dishonor, and you shall have war" - Winston Churchill
25 August 2012
11.17pm
Zig

If I pass by there, Watson, I will.

I may pass by if I decide to see 94 Baker Street, which is a more likely destination.

25 August 2012
11.54pm
The Walrus
Working for the national health
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1010

mr. Sun king coming together said
Any favourite TV shows? I've just been watching Yes Minister, a fabulous old British TV show. And yes, it is weird I love it.

Try Dad's Army, Fawlty Towers, On The Buses, The Two Ronnies and Flying Circus.

Not really my thing (except for Flying Circus, and this scene from Dad's Army: )

but hopefully you'll like at least one if you like Yes Minister.

fabfouremily said

Zig said

fabfouremily said

Yeah, a bit. You have to buy the tickets through the National Trust as they bought both Forthlin Road and Yoko donated Mendips. They cost about £20 if I remember correctly. Well worth it though.

I believe Yoko also donated a soap impression of John?

And I neeeeeeeeed her all the time
25 August 2012
11.59pm
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop

I actually adore Fawlty Towers – John Cleese is superb. I'll try the rest. Thanks!

26 August 2012
1.11am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4651

Favorite TV Shows now? The Big Bang Theory. I adore Mayim Bialik, first because she's a fantastic actor and second, because she's an amazing role model for my students. There's a girl in my class who admires her and says she wants to get a PhD, just because Ms Bialik has one.

Zig I can't wait for your report on your Liverpool trip!! I hope I can go next year too!

And speaking of people we should look up to… Goodspeed Mr. Neil Armstrong, one of my Dad's favorite persons and a true, true hero. ahdn_george_05

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
26 August 2012
1.48am
FlyOn13
New Jersey, USA
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 205

Right on with The Big Bang Theory, Mith.
The Beatles and The Big Bang Theory together make up, like, my entire life. I also adore Mayim Bialik, but in my mind, Jim Parsons (who plays Sheldon Cooper) is the real hero. He is amazing in every which way possible. Practically all I say is "Bazinga" anymore.
a-hard-days-night-george-10

“I was special. I always have been. Why didn't anyone notice me?" -John Lennon
26 August 2012
1.48am
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9238

One of my favourite tv shows, tho its not a comedy, is Only Connect, a quiz on BBC 4. In a day of dull quiz shows with multiple choice questions and/or basic level questions with loads of boring 'meet the players' chat here is a quiz where you feel so absolutely thrilled if you get even close to the answer and 2 minutes of chat at the start and its off you go. If you want to have a try at the 'The Wall' round you can here.

Was saddened to read of the death of Neil Armstrong. A trully inspirational man who leaves behind a legacy that will never fade.

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
26 August 2012
3.20am
Zig

27 August 2012
12.41pm
The Walrus
Working for the national health
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1010

I went to Reading Festival yesterday for the first time.

Very pleased to see The Horrors, Kaiser Chiefs, Two Door Cinema Club and Foo Fighters. I'd never heard of Django Django before, but they were excellent.

I also saw the Gaslight Anthem, but they were disappointing. I think they suffered from playing on the Main Stage rather than being in a tent with a better atmosphere.
Edit: I forgot the Joy Formidable, who were also incredible.

Highlight was probably the Kaiser Chiefs playing Pinball Wizard. You could close your eyes and imagine it was 1969.

And I neeeeeeeeed her all the time
28 August 2012
2.06am
Dipsy
Turned left at Greenland
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 240

I, an extraordinarily incompetent mathematician, just made a 99% on my first college Algebra assignment!!! a-hard-days-night-john-6a-hard-days-night-paul-8ahdn_george_06ahdn_ringo_09Yes, it is such a rare occasion that it struck me as an event exciting enough to share with all of you… a-hard-days-night-george-10

"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know? I'm just one of those people."
28 August 2012
3.30pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

Dipsy said
I, an extraordinarily incompetent mathematician, just made a 99% on my first college Algebra assignment!!! a-hard-days-night-john-6a-hard-days-night-paul-8ahdn_george_06ahdn_ringo_09Yes, it is such a rare occasion that it struck me as an event exciting enough to share with all of you… a-hard-days-night-george-10

Great, well done you!! I wish I could do that…

28 August 2012
3.41pm
Dipsy
Turned left at Greenland
Carnegie Hall

fabfouremily said

Dipsy said

Thanks, Emily! a-hard-days-night-ringo-10

"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know? I'm just one of those people."
28 August 2012
3.45pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

Dipsy said

fabfouremily said

Dipsy said

Thanks, Emily! a-hard-days-night-ringo-10

No problem, Ringo!!

29 August 2012
1.45am
Dipsy
Turned left at Greenland
Carnegie Hall

Dipsy said

To go along with the whole "rockin' the college Algebraic scene" theme, I'm pretty confident I got a 100% on my first quiz today!! a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

29 August 2012
4.43am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4651

Congrats on your exam Dipsy!!

Ok now… I saw this and I thought "I've found the perfect match for Teddy. Well, two perfect matches"

feature=player_embedded#!

Aren't they cute??? And they love guitar!!! a-hard-days-night-ringo-10a-hard-days-night-george-10a-hard-days-night-john-2a-hard-days-night-paul-8

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online:
59 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
3 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9238

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 4887

mithveaen: 4651

Ahhh Girl: 4458

Zig: 3630

Annadog40: 3528

Mr. Kite: 3172

Ron Nasty: 2940

fabfouremily: 2926

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 2496

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3184

Newest Members: tangerinetrees99, GeorgeLuvr, PauliesGirl, SamLucille, jfk3456

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (4458), meanmistermustard (9238), Zig (3630), Joe (3404)

Administrators: Joe (3404), Ellie (1)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None