The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 164 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
16 August 2012
7.21pm
vonbontee
Inside a Letterbox
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2248

My condolences about your friend, Joe - if he'd contributed to Kerrang or other metal magazines years ago, it's conceivable I'd be acquainted with his writing.

Haven't got a smartphone & don't want one. (I generally hate STUPID phones too, for that matter!) Don't like touch screens, can't stand not being able to use my hard-earned typing skills. (Incidentally, I sent my first-ever text-messages just 10 days ago, hope I didn't already mention it on this thread.)

I like the way you think, meanMr.M - will you be facebook friends with me? (That's a joke!)

I just want to play. I’d like to think I could work opposite Sinatra, B.B. King, the Beatles, or a polka band... - Jazz musician Rahsaan Roland Kirk, 1967
16 August 2012
8.12pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 10425

An example of the attitude re social networking was on The One Show tonight when Donnie Osmond was amazed that Matt Baker wasnt on Twitter since its 2012!

And can we please get rid of this false humanity angle that has began to dominate every single thing in modern life. No matter what noways, be it sport, news, music whatever, everything comes with its own triumphant angle - overcoming the odds to achieve. Someone picks up the newpaper and its a massive achievement as when they were 3 they dropped a copy of the Sun in a puddle.  I hate where the mainstream media is taking us, everything and everybody exploited for some cheap short-term effect which is soon forgotten about for the next.

Apologies for the ranting but the way the world operates bugs me. So that i get away with it and those people can have their latest fill of a sob story I sprained my knee and it will take 6 - 8 weeks to recover. Its taking an hour to walk what would normally be 40 mins.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
17 August 2012
5.21am
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6916

Can you guys help me out? I'm adding a quote to my signature "The powerful and moving" line is staying) and I can't decide. So, can you please answer the poll?

Which quote should I put in my signature?

• Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy(44% : 4 votes)
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names(56% : 5 votes)
Total Voters: 9

Thanks

I tried to think of something powerful and moving… and failed.  "You were given a choice between war and dishonor - you chose dishonor, and you shall have war" - Winston Churchill
17 August 2012
12.07pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 4555

My condolences on the loss of your friend, Joe.

As for your speaking at the services, I find it helpful to think of it as less of a funeral and more of a celebration of his life. From what I read in the article you linked to, he was well liked and respected. I get the feeling he would not want people to shed tears, but rather smile at his memory.

apple01&heart

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

18 August 2012
6.18am
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6916

Technology is created with the best intentions - and then the stupid people come and shit on it. It has to pander to the stupidest amongst us, meaning that good inventions (and intentions) can have a massive effect. And, for anyone who cares, I got a free iPod.

I tried to think of something powerful and moving… and failed.  "You were given a choice between war and dishonor - you chose dishonor, and you shall have war" - Winston Churchill
18 August 2012
6.31am
Dipsy
Turned left at Greenland
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 240

Whoopee for Sun Kinga-hard-days-night-ringo-10ahdn_ringo_09a-hard-days-night-ringo-10

"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know? I'm just one of those people."
19 August 2012
10.20am
vonbontee
Inside a Letterbox
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2248

I'd go with the "enemies" quote Sun King. But I say so for selfish reasons, because I'm personally irritated by really long sigs! (Hate added images and animated gifs even more!)

I just want to play. I’d like to think I could work opposite Sinatra, B.B. King, the Beatles, or a polka band... - Jazz musician Rahsaan Roland Kirk, 1967
20 August 2012
4.28am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4651

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend Joe. *hugs*

If you see me away well the thing is I have a terrible schedule, teachers who I named Blue Meanie Friday blue-meanie and Blue Meanie Saturday blue-meanie and honestly, I don't want to spend my little time in front of a computer while my Dad is alone in the living room. a-hard-days-night-john-3

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
20 August 2012
8.39pm
Zig

Good luck with all of that, mith. We will keep a light on for you...in Sitarday's room.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

21 August 2012
9.54am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2949

Has anybody heard that since they played 'Imagine' at the closing ceremony, it has gone straight to number 1 in the UK? My nan told me but she gets a bit confused so, can abybody please confirm this?

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

21 August 2012
10.41am
meanmistermustard

fabfouremily said
Has anybody heard that since they played 'Imagine' at the closing ceremony, it has gone straight to number 1 in the UK? My nan told me but she gets a bit confused so, can abybody please confirm this?

Its number 18 in the official UK charts.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
21 August 2012
3.52pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

meanmistermustard said

fabfouremily said

Oh OK. I thought she might've gotten herself confused. Happens a lot.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

21 August 2012
5.02pm
Zig

fabfouremily said

It is so cool that you and your nan can have conversations about liking the same music. When my grandparents were alive I found it difficult to share my feelings about the Mills Brothers, Andrews Sisters, etc...

And those were the groups I liked (Bah-Zing).a-hard-days-night-paul-11

21 August 2012
5.07pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

Haha yeah I suppose it is, I think I turned heron to The Beatles so that's something I'm proud of! She does still think that Imagine is a Beatles song though although I keep telling here that it isn't, it just doesn't seem to stick.

21 August 2012
5.08pm
meanmistermustard

fabfouremily said

meanmistermustard said

fabfouremily said

Imagine got to number 1 in the uk back in 1981 so maybe your aunt was remembering that? Damn St Winifreds School Choir!blue-meanie

21 August 2012
5.09pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

meanmistermustard said

fabfouremily said

meanmistermustard said

fabfouremily said

Imagine got to number 1 in the uk back in 1981 so maybe your aunt was remembering that? Damn St Winifreds School Choir!blue-meanie

Haha yeah that is possible.

21 August 2012
5.50pm
meanmistermustard

Joe, was the funeral you were at for your friend in the road accident, the writer?

If so how did you're memories of him go, the speech thing, sorry i cant think of the right word? I hope that that is an appropriate question, if not feel free to completely ignore it.

Hopefully you can put youre feet up tonight and spend some relaxing time with the family.apple01

22 August 2012
9.23am
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

So, Beatle Week starts in Liverpool today and will end on the 28th, I so wish I was going.

I was in Liverpool last week, as well. That's annoying. a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

22 August 2012
2.38pm
Zig

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8I am in the early stages of planning a trip to the 'pool in 2013 - 2 to 3 days there and 2 to 3 days in London. I am torn between planning it for a big event like Beatle Week or going when nothing special is going on.

At this point, I am leaning toward going when nothing special is going on only so my wife and I can soak it all in at our own pace. At any rate, I am so excited I can't stand it! I've instructed my wife to have smelling salts at the ready for when we touch down at Liverpool John Lennon Airport.

22 August 2012
4.52pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

Zig said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8I am in the early stages of planning a trip to the 'pool in 2013 - 2 to 3 days there and 2 to 3 days in London. I am torn between planning it for a big event like Beatle Week or going when nothing special is going on.

At this point, I am leaning toward going when nothing special is going on only so my wife and I can soak it all in at our own pace. At any rate, I am so excited I can't stand it! I've instructed my wife to have smelling salts at the ready for when we touch down at Liverpool John Lennon Airport.

I would advise you to go when nothing special is happening if you haven't been there many times before because this week for example, 30000 fans will be going up and down the streets and you won't be able to do want you want to do there properly. On the other hand, it would be nice to be there with 30000 people who all love the same thing. Hard one. I'm sure you'll love it either way though.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Necko, DrBeatle, Ahhh Girl, MrMoonlight, Mimi, georgiewood, MaxwellsHammer, phile24
102 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page: MrMoonlight
3 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 10425

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

Ahhh Girl: 5545

parlance: 5532

Annadog40: 4766

mithveaen: 4651

Zig: 4555

Mr. Kite: 4331

Ron Nasty: 3221

fabfouremily: 2949

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2686

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3148

Newest Members: ieatglitter, phile24, ZoeLouk, arsentev78, Rocky You're a Blackbird

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 5545, meanmistermustard: 10425, Zig: 4555, Joe: 3497

Administrators: Joe: 3497, Ellie: 1

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None