Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
17 August 2012
12.07pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3261sp_Permalink sp_Print

My condolences on the loss of your friend, Joe.

As for your speaking at the services, I find it helpful to think of it as less of a funeral and more of a celebration of his life. From what I read in the article you linked to, he was well liked and respected. I get the feeling he would not want people to shed tears, but rather smile at his memory.

apple01&heart

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

18 August 2012
6.18am
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6402
3262sp_Permalink sp_Print

Technology is created with the best intentions – and then the stupid people come and shit on it. It has to pander to the stupidest amongst us, meaning that good inventions (and intentions) can have a massive effect. And, for anyone who cares, I got a free iPod.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

18 August 2012
6.31am
Dipsy
Turned left at Greenland
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 238
3263sp_Permalink sp_Print

Whoopee for Sun King a-hard-days-night-ringo-10ahdn_ringo_09a-hard-days-night-ringo-10

"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know? I'm just one of those people."

19 August 2012
10.20am
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5446
3264sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’d go with the “enemies” quote Sun King . But I say so for selfish reasons, because I’m personally irritated by really long sigs! (Hate added images and animated gifs even more!)

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

20 August 2012
4.28am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4621
3265sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m so sorry for the loss of your friend Joe. *hugs*

If you see me away well the thing is I have a terrible schedule, teachers who I named Blue Meanie Friday blue-meanie and Blue Meanie Saturday blue-meanie and honestly, I don’t want to spend my little time in front of a computer while my Dad is alone in the living room. a-hard-days-night-john-3

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

20 August 2012
8.39pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3266sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good luck with all of that, mith. We will keep a light on for you…in Sitarday’s room.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

21 August 2012
9.54am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
3267sp_Permalink sp_Print

Has anybody heard that since they played ‘Imagine ‘ at the closing ceremony, it has gone straight to number 1 in the UK? My nan told me but she gets a bit confused so, can abybody please confirm this?

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

21 August 2012
10.41am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964

fabfouremily said
Has anybody heard that since they played ‘Imagine ‘ at the closing ceremony, it has gone straight to number 1 in the UK? My nan told me but she gets a bit confused so, can abybody please confirm this?

Its number 18 in the official UK charts.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

21 August 2012
3.52pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
3269sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

fabfouremily said

Oh OK. I thought she might’ve gotten herself confused. Happens a lot.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

21 August 2012
5.02pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3270sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

It is so cool that you and your nan can have conversations about liking the same music. When my grandparents were alive I found it difficult to share my feelings about the Mills Brothers, Andrews Sisters, etc…

And those were the groups I liked (Bah-Zing).a-hard-days-night-paul-11

21 August 2012
5.07pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members

Haha yeah I suppose it is, I think I turned heron to The Beatles so that’s something I’m proud of! She does still think that Imagine is a Beatles song though although I keep telling here that it isn’t, it just doesn’t seem to stick.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

21 August 2012
5.08pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3272sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

meanmistermustard said

fabfouremily said

Imagine got to number 1 in the uk back in 1981 so maybe your aunt was remembering that? Damn St Winifreds School Choir!blue-meanie

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

21 August 2012
5.09pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
3273sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

fabfouremily said

meanmistermustard said

fabfouremily said

Imagine got to number 1 in the uk back in 1981 so maybe your aunt was remembering that? Damn St Winifreds School Choir!blue-meanie

Haha yeah that is possible.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

21 August 2012
5.50pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3274sp_Permalink sp_Print

Joe, was the funeral you were at for your friend in the road accident, the writer?

If so how did you’re memories of him go, the speech thing, sorry i cant think of the right word? I hope that that is an appropriate question, if not feel free to completely ignore it.

Hopefully you can put youre feet up tonight and spend some relaxing time with the family.apple01

22 August 2012
9.23am
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
3275sp_Permalink sp_Print

So, Beatle Week starts in Liverpool today and will end on the 28th, I so wish I was going.

I was in Liverpool last week, as well. That’s annoying. a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

(Passover - I. Curtis)

22 August 2012
2.38pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3276sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8I am in the early stages of planning a trip to the ‘pool in 2013 – 2 to 3 days there and 2 to 3 days in London. I am torn between planning it for a big event like Beatle Week or going when nothing special is going on.

At this point, I am leaning toward going when nothing special is going on only so my wife and I can soak it all in at our own pace. At any rate, I am so excited I can’t stand it! I’ve instructed my wife to have smelling salts at the ready for when we touch down at Liverpool John Lennon Airport.

Image Enlarger

22 August 2012
4.52pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
3277sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8I am in the early stages of planning a trip to the ‘pool in 2013 – 2 to 3 days there and 2 to 3 days in London. I am torn between planning it for a big event like Beatle Week or going when nothing special is going on.

At this point, I am leaning toward going when nothing special is going on only so my wife and I can soak it all in at our own pace. At any rate, I am so excited I can’t stand it! I’ve instructed my wife to have smelling salts at the ready for when we touch down at Liverpool John Lennon Airport.

Image Enlarger

I would advise you to go when nothing special is happening if you haven’t been there many times before because this week for example, 30000 fans will be going up and down the streets and you won’t be able to do want you want to do there properly. On the other hand, it would be nice to be there with 30000 people who all love the same thing. Hard one. I’m sure you’ll love it either way though.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

23 August 2012
7.09pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3278sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks, em.

I was thinking along the lines of “nothing special” for that very reason. If I fly all the way over there, I don’t want to have to wrestle my way into 251 Menlove, 20 Forthlin, etc…

24 August 2012
5.16pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
3279sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said
Thanks, em.

I was thinking along the lines of “nothing special” for that very reason. If I fly all the way over there, I don’t want to have to wrestle my way into 251 Menlove, 20 Forthlin, etc…

Oh, you won´t have to fight to get inside the homes because you have to book tickets about a month in advance but I see what you mean… I still think it´s best to go when nothing is on.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

24 August 2012
6.55pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3280sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

Oh, you won´t have to fight to get inside the homes because you have to book tickets about a month in advance but I see what you mean… I still think it´s best to go when nothing is on.

Holy guacamole – I had no idea. Thanks for the tip. I would have walked right up the front door thinking I could get right in.a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

Sounds like I have a lot more planning to do. 

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Richard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5520
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22240, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694