The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 163 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
9 August 2012
10.44pm
vonbontee
Inside a Letterbox
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2248

MeanMr.M would be a Nascar fan if he lived in the USA!

I actually caught a bit of that BMX racing this morning. Or maybe it was just the qualifying? Not sure...anyway, there was a minor mishap, happily nobody gettiing seriously hurt apparently.

I just want to play. I’d like to think I could work opposite Sinatra, B.B. King, the Beatles, or a polka band... - Jazz musician Rahsaan Roland Kirk, 1967
10 August 2012
3.55pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6916

I have seen the greatest thing ever. On his show last night, Stephen Colbert sang the theme to The Mary Tyler Moore Show. My opinion of Colbert has just increased significantly.

I tried to think of something powerful and moving… and failed.  "You were given a choice between war and dishonor - you chose dishonor, and you shall have war" - Winston Churchill
11 August 2012
5.27am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4651

I wish I could do BMX. That is quite cool.

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
11 August 2012
10.45pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 4555

I so miss skye.a-hard-days-night-john-3

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

12 August 2012
12.04am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop

ahdn_paul_06 Me too.

BTW I'm a bit sad. My dog George passed away a-hard-days-night-ringo-5a-hard-days-night-ringo-5a-hard-days-night-ringo-5

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
12 August 2012
2.21am
The Walrus
Working for the national health
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1010

Joe said
Milton Jones isn't Welsh.

He would be if he was a footballer (Welsh father) but I take your point.

To alleviate Mr Sun King's fears, our generation is fine. It has me in it.

And I neeeeeeeeed her all the time
12 August 2012
9.29pm
Zig

mithveaen said 
I'm a bit sad. My dog George passed away

ahdn_george_05apple01heart

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

13 August 2012
2.31am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop

Thanks Zig. a-hard-days-night-ringo-5

13 August 2012
2.38am
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop

mithveaen said 
 BTW I'm a bit sad. My dog George passed away 

Even though Zig already beat me to it, my condolences. ahdn_george_01hearttwo-virginsapple01

I tried to think of something powerful and moving… and failed.  "You were given a choice between war and dishonor - you chose dishonor, and you shall have war" - Winston Churchill
13 August 2012
5.32am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop

Thanks SunKing. I know he's playing with George now. ahdn_george_05heart

13 August 2012
6.31am
JET!
Rockin' in two by two
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 502

Mith-I'm so sorry about your dog. I know how that feels lately and it's no fun.

Anyway i thought since the olympics are now over and i ahve a little more time, i should come back here. I was reminded of all this when i saw all the beatles references in the closing ceremonies. Did any of you see them? How is everyone? Wow it's hard to use this site on a smartphone...

The sunshine bores the daylights outta me
13 August 2012
2.06pm
Zig

Hey JET!

Great to see you again.

13 August 2012
4.16pm
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop

Jet - believe me, you get used to using the site on phones (or iPods, as in my case). And anyways, Joe's working on something, I believe.
Anyways, all's fine in Canada, and actually, I'm going (back) out of town tomorrow, so I'll be quiet for a couple of days.
Edit: Welcome back, of course. I'm so tired I forgot to say it.

14 August 2012
7.16am
JET!
Rockin' in two by two
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 502

Thank you, it's good to see you guys too! I missed it here. It's been a busy summer and it's time to get back in the groove. I hope I get used to the smartphone thing, but for now I'll use my computer. much easier.

The sunshine bores the daylights outta me
16 August 2012
3.20pm
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop

My iPod has mercifully died. I`m trying to save it, but I might just use it as a sign I need a smartphone.

16 August 2012
3.39pm
Ben Ramon
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 619

I refuse to get a smartphone. Too many I people I know live out of their flashy phones, everything they could possibly need in a little box of bloody circuitry. No wonder it seems people are getting stupider... not too long ago you had to ask someone or go read a book to find something out, but now all the information you could possibly ever need is at your fingertips. I know the leap in technology in the last ten years has been amazing but it does make me worry for the future of the human race- where's the non-material ambition gone?

SHUT UP - Paulie's talkin'
16 August 2012
4.44pm
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 3497

mr. Sun king coming together said
Jet - believe me, you get used to using the site on phones (or iPods, as in my case). And anyways, Joe's working on something, I believe.

Sorry, work's stalled. I need a new banner and to get the bloody thing to work in Internet Explorer. Apart from those things the redesign is good to go.

We should probably have a RIP thread. One of my best friends, who I knew for over 15 years, died last week in a road accident. I have to give a speech at his funeral on Monday, and I *hate* doing public speaking. At the moment I'm alternating between "I miss you, you bastard," and "You made me do a speech, you bastard".

On the plus side, the latest issue of Kerrang! magazine is dedicated to him, which he'd have loved.

a-hard-days-night-ringo-14a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

So no work on the site or the book for a while.

Please don't spoil my day; I'm miles away

Can buy me love! Please consider using these links to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes

16 August 2012
4.48pm
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8My condolences to you and his family. I'm sure you'll do him justice on Monday. I'd say break a leg, but it seems too ironic.

16 August 2012
4.58pm
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 3497

Thanks MrSK. It'll be fine, I'll just have to practice.

Please don't spoil my day; I'm miles away

Can buy me love! Please consider using these links to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes

16 August 2012
6.08pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 10432

Sorry to hear the bad news Joe; you're friends death and the public speaking.

As for smartphones i have 1, detest it immensly, and hardly ever use it. Its an HTC (was given it) and its a nightmare to navigate, nothing is where its easy to access just endless menus in menus. Plus there is a drag down notice thing which is a pain to drag down, you can spend 5 minutes just trying to pull it down.  Recently had to do updates to its software and i had to do 1 at a time.  The biggest annoyance tho is that the worst thing to use on it is the phone - I ONLY WANT THE PHONE PART.blue-meanie Give me an ipod anytime and forget the whole mobile phone thing.

There is this idea help in society where you have to be a part of everything; twitter, facebook and whatever else is out there. Everyone has to be contactable and plugged in and if youre not then youre weird. People you've never heard of wanting you to like them so they can say they have 200,000,000,000 likes. Get lost.

Plus the whole world of compensation and free money. So far this week ive been informed i'm due a pay out from a car accident i was in (never been in one), due a large repayment on a loan i took out in 2004 (never had a loan), been told via telephone my computer is infected by virus's (no its not and even if it was i wouldnt want them to know or go near it), and some multi-billionaire wants me to send my bank details to him as he is near death and doesnt want the money to go elsewhere.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Beatleva, StrawberryFieldsForever
57 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page: StrawberryFieldsForever
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 10432

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

Ahhh Girl: 5554

parlance: 5532

Annadog40: 4770

mithveaen: 4651

Zig: 4555

Mr. Kite: 4338

Ron Nasty: 3221

fabfouremily: 2949

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2686

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3148

Newest Members: ieatglitter, phile24, ZoeLouk, arsentev78, Rocky You're a Blackbird

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 5554, meanmistermustard: 10432, Zig: 4555, Joe: 3497

Administrators: Joe: 3497, Ellie: 1

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None