The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 159 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
27 June 2012
6.06pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6872

Germans really have more to worry about then seeing a Beatles museum. If it gets money, well… I can't say it on such a forum.
As for my other point, have we ever had a thread dedicated to merely suggesting bands we are currently into? Is there one anymore? And, if not, should we have one?

I tried to think of something powerful and moving… and failed.  "You were given a choice between war and dishonor - you chose dishonor, and you shall have war" - Winston Churchill
27 June 2012
7.43pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 10976

There was something like a "what are you listening to right now" thread that was gradually eased out due to be being little more than a list of songs. Joe brought it up and the consensus agreement was to let it bow out. I think i have the name of the thread correctly.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
27 June 2012
7.59pm
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop

I remember that, but I'm more talking a thread with posts akin to "I've just found this awesome band, take a listen."

I tried to think of something powerful and moving… and failed.  "You were given a choice between war and dishonor - you chose dishonor, and you shall have war" - Winston Churchill
27 June 2012
8.12pm
unknown
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1237
All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit
27 June 2012
8.14pm
meanmistermustard

Wont it turn into the same kind of thing? A new band could cover anyone from 8000BC to nowadays  - if someone has only just found The Supremes then they are new to them. Unless you can only post about a band once.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
28 June 2012
3.51am
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop

unknown said
Like this one?

http://www.beatlesbible.com/fo.....iscovered/

God, I forgot that thread existed. Maybe because my taste was so, so bad back then.

I may have shared this once before, but my memory isn't very good these days, nut it's been stuck in my head for weeks. Let it Die by the lovely Feist:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....b1CdTLDj10

I hope you all enjoy, I'm off to watch the Daily Show. See ya!

28 June 2012
11.24am
meanmistermustard

A very funny Johnny Cash impersonation of Elvis, both started on Sun Records.

30 June 2012
5.21am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4645

This month Mexico is celebating the 100th Birth Anniversary of José Pablo Moncayo, one of the greatest Mexican composers.

You might recognize this piece, it's Huapango. It's very popular in concerts all around the world.

and I heard this live last week. Tierra de Temporal.

Beautiful isn't it?

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
30 June 2012
3.29pm
meanmistermustard

Football clubs in the Scottish Lower leagues are being threatened and blackmailed thru proposals from Scottish Football senior figures the bbc reports. Its a very complicated and long running story thats engulfed Scottish Football for many many months, this is the latest very sad twist. 

1 July 2012
11.22am
meanmistermustard

The first two days of decent weather and ive somehow hurt my foot. Wonderful.

4 July 2012
4.31am
vonbontee
Inside a Letterbox
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2261

OMG i never, ever suspected that the "What Are You Listening To Right Now?" thread might have been intended to mean "what bands/performers have you been enjoying recently" rather than "lemme tell you what i'm listening to this second"! (Did it?)

I just want to play. I’d like to think I could work opposite Sinatra, B.B. King, the Beatles, or a polka band... - Jazz musician Rahsaan Roland Kirk, 1967
4 July 2012
3.30pm
meanmistermustard

Well the Scottish Premier League have voted no to a new Rangers football club so they cant play in the top scottish football league next season. Thank John, Paul, George and Ringo.

Now all we have is the Scottish Football League being basically blackmailed and forced to vote them into the second top Scottish Football League which is independent of the SPL.

(The scottish football set up is difficult to quickly explain and run by imbeciles of the highest order.)

I know nobody here will neither know what this is about or give two fig rolls but its big news in Scotland and has been ongoing for wat seems like decades now.

4 July 2012
6.27pm
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop

vonbontee said
OMG i never, ever suspected that the "What Are You Listening To Right Now?" thread might have been intended to mean "what bands/performers have you been enjoying recently" rather than "lemme tell you what i'm listening to this second"! (Did it?)

It didn't, at least by the creator's intent (not that that means much here, let me tell ya). Happy Independence Day, all you Yanks.

4 July 2012
8.24pm
The Walrus
Working for the national health
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1010

meanmistermustard said
Well the Scottish Premier League have voted no to a new Rangers football club so they cant play in the top scottish football league next season. Thank John, Paul, George and Ringo.

Now all we have is the Scottish Football League being basically blackmailed and forced to vote them into the second top Scottish Football League which is independent of the SPL.

(The scottish football set up is difficult to quickly explain and run by imbeciles of the highest order.)

I know nobody here will neither know what this is about or give two fig rolls but its big news in Scotland and has been ongoing for wat seems like decades now.

They really need to stick them in the Third Division, give them a transfer embargo and make them slowly pay back the original debts of Rangers.

And I neeeeeeeeed her all the time
4 July 2012
9.31pm
meanmistermustard

The Walrus said

meanmistermustard said

They really need to stick them in the Third Division, give them a transfer embargo and make them slowly pay back the original debts of Rangers.

Cant see that happening but totally agree with you.

Westminster are now involved, UEFA look to be getting involved in players transfers, and there are allegations of corruption. Wonder where it will all end.

Happy fourth of July to all Americans and anyone else who celebrates it.

5 July 2012
11.29pm
meanmistermustard

The Beatles are likely to be added to the British Citizen Test in a shake of what is asked. I took the current one and failed getting 53%, being born and bred in Scotland.

6 July 2012
1.45am
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop

Is it online? I want to try it now!

6 July 2012
9.00am
meanmistermustard

Here you go SunKing, and anyone else who wishes to have a go. Good luck.

Life in the United Kingdom Official Practice Citizenship Test. 

6 July 2012
4.00pm
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop

45% on the British one, and 95% on a Canadian exam, for those of you who give even 1 fig about my knowledge of Canada and associated topics.

Listening to Bruce Springsteen's Streets Of Fire right. May be the best guitar solo ever (at least, my favourite).

6 July 2012
4.37pm
meanmistermustard

Are the Canadian questions more apt than the British SunKing? I doubt many who have lived in Britain have any idea how many teenagers there are or have ever thought of finding out. No idea how that shows youre suitable to come and live in the UK. 

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: meanmistermustard, Ahhh Girl, Annadog40, Mr. Kite, Matt Busby, Merch
66 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 10973

mr. Sun king coming together: 6872

Ahhh Girl: 5928

parlance: 5758

Annadog40: 5191

Zig: 4716

Mr. Kite: 4699

mithveaen: 4645