Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
8 June 2012
1.32pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24960
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3141sp_Permalink sp_Print

What happened in the Guardian Mith? Not a paper i read.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

8 June 2012
7.23pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
3142sp_Permalink sp_Print

mr. Sun king coming together said
I’m just glad to see you every so often – and congrats on the job success. And, monsieur Zig, just for not knowing Lawrie was Canadian, I give you this trivia question to redeem yourself.

After the final show of their TV sitcom, what star said the following: “The best cast ever”, on air, before calling the cast back on stage for a standing ovation?

Image Enlarger

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

8 June 2012
7.32pm
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5692
3143sp_Permalink sp_Print

mithveaen said
Can someone living in London give a high five to anyone who works in the Guardian newspaper?? thank you a-hard-days-night-george-10

My old housemate Louis writes for them now and again. Next time I’ll see him I’ll shake his hand (We’re British, you know, we wouldn’t dream of high fiving each other!)

Any particular reason why?

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

8 June 2012
9.28pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4621
3144sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Because of this story.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worl…..eto-claims

No problem Joe, a handshake will do. The papers might not look like legit, but they are. Check out this story.

http://www.dailydot.com/news/y…..pri-media/

Thanks Joe!!

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

10 June 2012
1.04am
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2702

Hey everyone! Sorry I’ve been lurking so long, but posting from an iPod is a pain in the butt. (I’m sure Sun king can testify to that… a-hard-days-night-george-10)

Anywhoo, no, I’m not just de-lurking after two months because it’s my birthday tomorrow… why do you ask? a-hard-days-night-john-6

PS — I LOVE YOUR SIG MITH! (the last part)

Oh, and one more thing — apples for all! 

apple01apple01apple01

EDIT: Sorry to post and run, but my family is taking me to Taste of India for my birthday dinner. See ya in a couple of hours! 

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

10 June 2012
1.35am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
3146sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 M3!!! Welcome back!!!!!!! *hugs* apple01apple01apple01apple01 So it’s your birthday?? Happy birthday!!!

And yes I do believe in Sherlock Holmes a-hard-days-night-george-8a-hard-days-night-george-8

Beware of Darkness… 

10 June 2012
1.50am
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6402
3147sp_Permalink sp_Print

M3, I actually don’t hate posting from an IPod. But either way, I’m glad to see you.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

10 June 2012
3.24am
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2702
3148sp_Permalink sp_Print

Meh, I hate it because I don’t really like typing anything up on the iPod. The screen’s too small for my taste. Viewing webpages is OK, but if I want to post something, especially with formatting, I go for an actual computer.

(Unrelated: That awkward moment when you hit space twice to insert a period, then you remember you’re not on an iPod.)

Also, I just remembered how much I use Twitter. RP accounts FTW! a-hard-days-night-george-10

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

16 June 2012
6.14pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3149sp_Permalink sp_Print

What is up with every time a beatle related building is scheduled to be closed people get all upset and start wailing from the depths for it to be saved? It was bad enough in Liverpool when folks would petition for buildings John once walked past to be saved from demolition but now there is a beatles museum in Germany, which has lost a fortune every month and has to close due to massive debts, begging Paul to save it. Is he meant to donate millions so a museum can continue to operate at a loss?

Either let the place fold completely or close down temorarily, slim down the size (5 flippin’ floors), get your costs in order, and reopen with a sensible business plan.

Im fed up with this attitude of everything a beatle breathed on must be saved at the cost of redevelopment and progression. Yes there should be exceptions but only in exceptional circumstances like a beatle lived there for a significant period of time, not because he went in to ask for a match to light his cigarette.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

17 June 2012
5.34am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
3150sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 I agree with you. I think the economy is not helping either.

I’m not feeling well lately. So please send good vibes this way. Thank you….

Beware of Darkness… 

17 June 2012
6.07am
BornInThe80s
The Top Ten Club
Members
Forum Posts: 60
3151sp_Permalink sp_Print

mithveaen said

I’m not feeling well lately. So please send good vibes this way. Thank you….

Sending great vibes your way!! Get well soon!! apple01apple01apple01apple01apple01apple01

Try to realize it's all within yourself, no one else can make you change....

17 June 2012
1.27pm
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
3152sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mith, I’m both sending the good vibes, the good times, and George over to Mexico. a-hard-days-night-george-6a-hard-days-night-george-10a-hard-days-night-george-9
Oh, and meanmistermustard, you are, 100% right. It’s not right to keep every slightly related to the Beatles building if it was an insignificant part of their life. Mimi’s house? Of course. 20 Forthlin Rd? Sure. But they saved Ringo’s first home. Why? Because we have an obsession with the famous. The Dingle is falling apart. Demolish it, and stop tying yourself to the past for the insignificant.

17 June 2012
6.49pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3153sp_Permalink sp_Print

Its no wonder that some folks in Liverpool are getting a bit fed up with The Beatles memory dominating their city. Try anything new and someone pops up saying its a disgrace crushing the beatles heritage and everything they did.

18 June 2012
6.03am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
3154sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you guys. I had a long conversation with a friend and I feel much better now. (My health problems are related with stress)

And I’ll take care of George thankyouverymuch SunKing. apple01apple01apple01a-hard-days-night-george-4a-hard-days-night-george-4

Beware of Darkness… 

25 June 2012
8.15am
Vale
Neverland
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 137
3155sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wooah, I can’t remember when was the last post I made here… I’m almost sure, nobody remembers eithera-hard-days-night-ringo-4

ANYWAYS, I hope nobody’s in 10th grade because it’s a living nightmare and that’s why I haven’t been here for a while. I have 2 weeks free, so that explains it…

It’s cool too see that maybe a lot of people from here have stopped posting (like mea-hard-days-night-paul-3) But some people *cough* mith, meanmistermustard, sunking, Joe and Zig *cough* are still posting…

And I don’t know… This post has no point other than to say that I miss this website, it’s so cool, so many Beatlemaniacsa-hard-days-night-john-6

And I missed these icons too hearta-hard-days-night-george-10

Anyways, hope everyone is having a wonderful 2012 and I also hope that you’re eating a lots of apples…Seriously! Apples are not that cheap here ahdn_george_06 apple01apple02

This is la la la la love! – George Harrisonheart

Please! Tell me what you think! and I hope you won't  laugh haha.

http://soulandeyes.tumblr.com/

"Que en el planeta tanto ande mal; Que el hombre agreda al hombre, que el hombre agreda al animal, al vegetal."

25 June 2012
10.06am
kelicopter
Sitting in an English Garden
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1101
3156sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Im fed up with this attitude of everything a beatle breathed on must be saved at the cost of redevelopment and progression.

There is an entire street in Liverpool that is completely abandoned, but hasn’t been knocked down and rebuilt yet because Ringo lived in one of the houses as a baby. He’s said himself that his whole childhood took place in his second house, and he has no memories from this first house. And also, the rest of the houses in the street are falling apart, with bricks and roof tiles falling off all over the place, and all the surrounding streets have now been rebuilt and look great. Seems like a massive waste of space in a city that could probably use the extra housing.

I think it's great you're going through a phase,

and I'm awfully glad it'll all be over in a couple

of days

funniestpost-3.png 2020

25 June 2012
1.26pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

And that German Beatles museum is still whining that nobody has come to save it. I have no sympathy.

England are out of the Euro’s, Wimbledon has begun, and the sun is threatening to shine.  The good days of summer.

27 June 2012
6.06pm
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
3158sp_Permalink sp_Print

Germans really have more to worry about then seeing a Beatles museum. If it gets money, well… I can’t say it on such a forum.
As for my other point, have we ever had a thread dedicated to merely suggesting bands we are currently into? Is there one anymore? And, if not, should we have one?

27 June 2012
7.43pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3159sp_Permalink sp_Print

There was something like a “what are you listening to right now” thread that was gradually eased out due to be being little more than a list of songs. Joe brought it up and the consensus agreement was to let it bow out. I think i have the name of the thread correctly.

27 June 2012
7.59pm
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
3160sp_Permalink sp_Print

I remember that, but I’m more talking a thread with posts akin to “I’ve just found this awesome band, take a listen.”

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5516
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5692, meanmistermustard: 24960, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5692