It's 1986! | Page 2 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

It's 1986!
9 November 2012
8.57pm
goodbyehello
The Jersey Shore-yeah, that one....
The Jacaranda
Forum Posts: 26

Warning: preg_replace(): Compilation failed: missing ) at offset 172 in /home/bbfuture/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/class.photon.php on line 286

in 1986 I was in junior high and had my first puppy love. I thought he was cool because he used to draw really cool stuff on his brown paper bag covered textbooks. Like the "Motley Crue"  theater of pain thing with the 2 masks(

-lmao! ahhhhh those were the days!

2 May 2014
6.06pm
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2205

Feel like this thread was misunderstood at the time...it seemed to me that there were a few high-profile news stories (the nuke accident, Libya and the upcoming royal nuptials) that were just repeats of events that happened 25 years earlier. Similar confluences, a quarter-century apart. And I felt the need to point that out for some reason (I start so few threads around here)

One day, a tape-op got a tape on backwards, he went to play it, and it was all "Neeeradno-undowarrroom" and it was "Wow! Sounds Indian!" -- Paul McCartney
2 May 2014
6.15pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 5616

This is so funny. I pulled up this thread just the other day and got out my high school senior yearbook. Well, here's a bit of what I was going to say. In 1986, was preparing my salutatorian speech during the Spring and starting college that Fall. Yes, big world things happened, but that's what I remember about that year.

2 May 2014
6.32pm
Annadog40
I am here you are here we are here and we are all together
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4824

I wasn't alive during this time but I was an egg in my mom and she was doing collage things at this time

Never say never, cause it's never 'never'

If you are like a new thingy than introduction your self in the into place here

If you can't log in or can't access the forum, then head over to the unofficial back up forum and someone will help
2 May 2014
6.36pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 10517

Warning: preg_replace(): Compilation failed: missing ) at offset 172 in /home/bbfuture/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/class.photon.php on line 285

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8What does that mean? I can see it on the first post of this page.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
2 May 2014
6.39pm
Annadog40
I am here you are here we are here and we are all together
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4824

meanmistermustard said

Warning: preg_replace(): Compilation failed: missing ) at offset 172 in /home/bbfuture/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/class.photon.php on line 285

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8What does that mean? I can see it on the first post of this page.

I think it is a secret code from 1986 that only a select few know

Never say never, cause it's never 'never'

If you are like a new thingy than introduction your self in the into place here

If you can't log in or can't access the forum, then head over to the unofficial back up forum and someone will help
2 May 2014
8.06pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1112

1986... I would be 7, living in a hideously dirty apartment in Delaware with my parents and brother. At this point, I'm certain my world existed strictly of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (now my 4 year old son's way into them), Teddy Ruxpin, and trying to peek up girls' dresses in school. I was quite good at that, far more than I'd like to admit to now. 

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."
2 May 2014
8.15pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5574

I could look at my journals, but that might be too scary. I'm sure a lot of them were taken up by fretting about getting into a good college and Duran Duran. By this year, they would have been streamlined down to only three members and we would have been anxiously waiting for Notorious, which was released in November.

And that was the first time I met them. :->

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

2 May 2014
8.18pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5574

Von Bontee said
Similar confluences, a quarter-century apart.

Similarly, the building tensions between Russia and the US take me back to the '80s.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

2 May 2014
9.06pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here, doing nothing but procrastinating
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1897

I don't remember much from '86, kind of like I wasn't there a-hard-days-night-paul-4

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Annadog40
INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
2 May 2014
10.18pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 10517

Would have been 5. 1986 means little to me. A good few years before discovering The A-Team.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: meanmistermustard, AppleScruffJunior, Billy Rhythm, StrawberryFieldsForever, UnidentifiedFiendishThingy
48 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 10515

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

Ahhh Girl: 5616

parlance: 5574

Annadog40: 4823

mithveaen: 4651

Zig: 4590

Mr. Kite: 4366

Ron Nasty: 3228

fabfouremily: 2949

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2695

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3145

Newest Members: rzleromer, JonoTheFifthBeatle, LennonMcCartney, You Know My Name, amynieves764

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 5616, meanmistermustard: 10515, Zig: 4590, Joe: 3497

Administrators: Joe: 3497, Ellie: 1

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None