Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Introduce yourself to the forum!
31 August 2015
6.37am
natureaker
Blue Jay Way
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1477
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3121sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nice to meet you @dropT hope you have fun around here in the forum 🙂

31 August 2015
11.04am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22222
3122sp_Permalink sp_Print

@dropT, cool nickname. Thanks for passing Beatles heart on to your son.

I went to London last year too and walked over the zebra crossing. So cool.

Why did the Beatles fans cross the road?…

31 August 2015
4.46pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
3123sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
[SNIP]

I went to London last year too and walked over the zebra crossing. So cool.

Why did the Beatles fans cross the road?…

Shouldn’t this be in the trivia topic?  🙂

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

31 August 2015
4.55pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
3124sp_Permalink sp_Print

@dropT

We welcome you to Crackerbox Palace! Was not expecting you. You bring such joy to Crackerbox Palace; no matter where you roam, our love is true.  a-hard-days-night-george-9

george-its-true.gif

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

natureaker

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

1 September 2015
11.57am
Dr.Bert
Casbah Coffee Club
Members
Forum Posts: 19

What’s up guys. 

I’m actually a fairly new Beatles fan! For the longest time I ignored the band for being so popular. I was really just being a jerk! At the beginning of the year there was a really great tribute show in town. I came in expecting to hate it but came out a Beatles fan. I quickly bought all of their records and they quickly scaled up to my top 5 bands/artists of all time! I always had it in me to like the band, I’ve always loved Let It Be and others songs like Help and Twist & Shout. I used to listen to mostly 70s/80s hard rock/heavy metal but last year I started to listen to Bruce Springsteen and he changed everything for me musically. Suddenly I was willing to give more things a chance. Things with more depth. So it was only a matter of time before I would come to like The Beatles. Now I love them enough to join a forum! 

For some quick details, I’ve been playing guitar/drums for 5 years now and I’ve been drawing forever. I made my first comic when I was 4. Some of my favorite bands (besides The Beatles) are KISS, Bruce Springsteen, Ac/Dc, Michael Jackson, Bob Dylan, Elvis, Eagles, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Katy Perry, Carly Rae Jepsen, miwa, Yui, Scandal, Miles Davis, etc. etc.

Don’t know what else to say so ya. Here I am. 

1 September 2015
12.39pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
3126sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome aboard, @Dr.Bert! 

I’m glad you found your way down The Long And Winding Road to Beatlemania. Have an apple: apple01 

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

1 September 2015
1.24pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
3127sp_Permalink sp_Print

We are pleased you have joined us, Dr. Bert. The Beatles are awesome. I’m glad you gave them a chance.

1 September 2015
2.22pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
3128sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Bert 

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

1 September 2015
5.14pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3129sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dr.Bert said
What’s up guys. 

I’m actually a fairly new Beatles fan! For the longest time I ignored the band for being so popular. I was really just being a jerk! At the beginning of the year there was a really great tribute show in town. I came in expecting to hate it but came out a Beatles fan. I quickly bought all of their records and they quickly scaled up to my top 5 bands/artists of all time! I always had it in me to like the band, I’ve always loved Let It Be and others songs like Help and Twist & Shout. I used to listen to mostly 70s/80s hard rock/heavy metal but last year I started to listen to Bruce Springsteen and he changed everything for me musically. Suddenly I was willing to give more things a chance. Things with more depth. So it was only a matter of time before I would come to like The Beatles. Now I love them enough to join a forum! 

For some quick details, I’ve been playing guitar/drums for 5 years now and I’ve been drawing forever. I made my first comic when I was 4. Some of my favorite bands (besides The Beatles) are KISS, Bruce Springsteen, Ac/Dc, Michael Jackson, Bob Dylan, Elvis, Eagles, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Katy Perry, Carly Rae Jepsen, miwa, Yui, Scandal, Miles Davis, etc. etc.

Don’t know what else to say so ya. Here I am. 

Welcome aboard. Nice range of music you listen to.

I’ve been a big fan of Springsteen and Dylan since way back when and have pretty much every album they have issued and more, as with the Beatles.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

1 September 2015
6.29pm
natureaker
Blue Jay Way
Candlestick Park
Members

Welcome to the happy little forum @Dr.Bert 🙂

7 September 2015
9.44am
Charles Silver
Forthlin Road
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 3
3131sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello everyone,

I’m a 56 yo fellow who was too young to see The Beatles when they visited Melbourne in 1964; too poor to see Wings in 1975 (as a struggling student) and was actively discouraged from attending the 1993 tour by my first wife.

Growing up we always had music playing with Beatles records never far from the turntable of the Radiola portable record player. During their 1964 tour I begged for (and received!) a plastic Beatles wig. Having older siblings enabled me to listen to Beatles music without having to make a purchase but over the years I’ve made up for that.

I’ve played guitar for 50 years and haven’t improved much since I began but I’m able to reproduce noise that sometimes sounds like a Beatles tune. I love almost all types of music and enjoy an extensive collection however The Beatles, Wings and Paul McCartney still take pride-of-place.

I believe that Paul is, without doubt, the greatest songwriter/performer of this or any era but as a member of The Beatles he was certainly in excellent company.

I look forward to chatting with other Beatles-minded people here and reading their thoughts and opinions.

7 September 2015
10.22am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
3132sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to the Beatles Bible foum, @Charles Silver. You’ve found the toppermost of the poppermost place on the internet to discuss The Beatles.a-hard-days-night-john-1 Jump right into the conversations, and let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site.

7 September 2015
4.56pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3133sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi there @Charles Silver, welcome aboard from Canberra *wave*

8 September 2015
5.59am
Charles Silver
Forthlin Road
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 3
3134sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks for the welcome Ahhh Girl and for the *wave* trcanberra. This is a great site!

The following people thank Charles Silver for this post:

trcanberra
12 September 2015
12.42am
SaxonMothersSon
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 254
3135sp_Permalink sp_Print

I still have my Meet The Beatles album I bought when it was new in 1964. I memorized every word on the back, as I memorized every single sound the album sent into my brain. My sis & I went to see them Sept 13, 1964. It was the loudest thing I ever heard and I stood at Hendrix & Townsend’s feet at stage edge. It was a “package show”. Bill Black’s Combo, Clarence “The Frogman” Henry, The Exciters, Jackie Deshannon. That was the 1st of many many many rock shows I attended in my life. And still one of the best. I can tell you that The Beatles influenced my life in ways I never would have believed as a naive 13 yo watching Ed Sullivan.

Between George and Donovan, I began on my spiritual journey and delved into world music via India & places beyond. John, always the little devil on my shoulder, repeatedly told me, “Yer alright, man, don’t let the a55holes get you down. Believe in yerself.” Ringo, always my “favorite cousin” has kept me smiling for years (and let me say dirty words when Mom wasn’t around). Paulie? He was always like the cousin the aunties said I should be like. But we had loads of fun with double entendres, and mimicking serious fools, laffing all night long, making up songs.

It’s funny, in so many interviews, they shrug off those years as something they used to do. I mean, there are very few friends I spent my 20’s with that I still enjoy. We drift apart. Stuff happens. But together, it was something that has rarely happened in the music world since then. Everyone grabs a pigeon-hole and nothing changes in their music and they have no vested interest in taking minds where they should and should not go and all their music sounds like the last thing they recorded.

The Beatles. Amazing. So, yeah, that’s my introduction. Here I am.

Matches...Candles...Matches...Candles

12 September 2015
2.10am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3136sp_Permalink sp_Print

Great to meet you @SaxonMothersSon, really enjoyed reading your intro. Hope you have a great time in these parts.

12 September 2015
7.07am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
3137sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello new person!

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

12 September 2015
8.50am
natureaker
Blue Jay Way
Candlestick Park
Members

Welcome to the forum @SaxonMothersSon Hope you enjoy it around here! 🙂

12 September 2015
10.04am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
3139sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey, SaxonMothersSon. I once wrote in a post that Ringo is like my favorite cousin. Perhaps we would be good cousins! ahdn_ringo_09

I’m totally envious of you getting to see the four rock gods in concert.

I’m glad you found the Beatles Bible and joined the forum. Jump into the conversations. Let me know if you need any help navigating the forum.

12 September 2015
3.28pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
3140sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to the unearthly forumdise of Forumpool, @SaxonMothersSon! Have an apple: apple01 

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22222, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694