Introduce yourself to the forum! | Page 15 | Fab Forum

Introducing the inaugural Fab Forum February Fundraiser! Click here for more details.

Please consider registering
Guest

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —






— Match —





— Forum Options —





Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Introduce yourself to the forum!
No permission to create posts
13 September 2010
6.57am
Avatar
JoB
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 275
Member Since:
21 May 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
284sp_Permalink

Dear Prudence said:

Something tells me that you guys like Astrid more than me.


It's not a popularity contest, jeez
I'd like to be, under the sea, in an octopus's garden, with you.
22 September 2010
2.23pm
Avatar
An unidentified flying cupcake
The Star-Club
Forum Posts: 71
Member Since:
22 September 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
285sp_Permalink

Hello Beatles fans!

I'm new to this forum though have been checking the website quite regularly and I think it's amazing!

I'm also a new Beatles fan, up until June this year I only knew one of their songs - Yesterday (I know, what a shame a-hard-days-night-ringo-6)

Then one day I was picking a t-shirt for my son's first birthday (whom, by the way, I plan to make into a real Beatles fan despite my husband's reluctance a-hard-days-night-john-1)

Anyways, I found this plain black t-shirt with the Beatles logo, it looked so cool so I bought it. Around this time a friend posted 'I feel fine' on his facebook page and I loved it!

And it started.. since then I've been listening to only Beatles songs, reading everything I could possibly read about them.. and I've watched all of their movies - I guess (Still half way through the Anthology DVD's). My husband says I'm living my own beatlemania, which is very true I guess - minus the screaming a-hard-days-night-john-6

 

This introduction is longer than I planned.. I just wanted to say it's funny how the silliest incident like buying a t-shirt could start such a beautiful and intense experience!

I've just joined this morning while at work, so I still have to choose an avatar and a signature (too many beatles-inspired quotes to choose from!!)

Have a great day everyone!

Do I have to keep on talking till I can't go on!
23 September 2010
10.43pm
Avatar
MissLizzy
Tropical Seas
The Top Ten Club
Forum Posts: 62
Member Since:
8 August 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
291sp_Permalink

Hi, An unidentified flying cupcake:

I'm doing the same thing for my kids, (they are 10), and so far, they are already 90% Beatles' fans brian-epstein.

Have you see the Beatles for Toodlers CDs? I haven´t heard them, but it's probably easier for the little ones....

And the cover is SOOO cute:

Image Enlarger

and... tell us... if you'd had a "screaming beatlemania"... who will you scream for? a-hard-days-night-paul-5 ?- a-hard-days-night-george-8 ?- a-hard-days-night-ringo-9?- a-hard-days-night-john-1?

 


23 September 2010
10.55pm
Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1080
Member Since:
3 April 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
292sp_Permalink

MissLizzy said:

Hi, An unidentified flying cupcake:

I'm doing the same thing for my kids, (they are 10), and so far, they are already 90% Beatles' fans brian-epstein.

Have you see the Beatles for Toodlers CDs? I haven´t heard them, but it's probably easier for the little ones....

And the cover is SOOO cute:

Image Enlarger

and... tell us... if you'd had a "screaming beatlemania"... who will you scream for? a-hard-days-night-paul-5 ?- a-hard-days-night-george-8 ?- a-hard-days-night-ringo-9?- a-hard-days-night-john-1?

 


While you're not asking me, I would scream for a-hard-days-night-george-4, a-hard-days-night-john-6, a-hard-days-night-ringo-7, and a-hard-days-night-paul-2.
"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."
24 September 2010
9.09am
Avatar
An unidentified flying cupcake
The Star-Club
Forum Posts: 71
Member Since:
22 September 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
294sp_Permalink

MissLizzy said:

Hi, An unidentified flying cupcake:

I'm doing the same thing for my kids, (they are 10), and so far, they are already 90% Beatles' fans brian-epstein.

Have you see the Beatles for Toodlers CDs? I haven´t heard them, but it's probably easier for the little ones....

And the cover is SOOO cute:

Image Enlarger

and... tell us... if you'd had a "screaming beatlemania"... who will you scream for? a-hard-days-night-paul-5 ?- a-hard-days-night-george-8 ?- a-hard-days-night-ringo-9?- a-hard-days-night-john-1?

 


I didn't know such a thing existed for kids!! amazing a-hard-days-night-john-6

Since your kids would have more hair than mine - did you try a mop-top yet? His hair type isn't promising to be honest, but I won't give up so soon a-hard-days-night-george-5

I really think each one of the Beatles has his own scream-triggers 😀 I truly love them all! But I might have to say for Paul..

No wait.. I'd say George.. or Ringo?

But what about John a-hard-days-night-paul-6

I DO love them all !!!!!!!!

Do I have to keep on talking till I can't go on!
26 September 2010
12.36am
Avatar
MissLizzy
Tropical Seas
The Top Ten Club
Forum Posts: 62
Member Since:
8 August 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
295sp_Permalink

skye said:

MissLizzy said:

Hi, An unidentified flying cupcake:

I'm doing the same thing for my kids, (they are 10), and so far, they are already 90% Beatles' fans brian-epstein.

 

 


How do you measure that?
 

Skye, because they don´t like about 10% of The Beatles's songs... Some of the
White Album, the too-indian George ones, and the scary "A Day In The Life".

I hope it's only for now...  for the time being.... MITHVEAEN: HELP: how do you translate exactly... "Espero que sólo sea por ahorita"?

26 September 2010
12.42am
Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4631
Member Since:
1 May 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
296sp_Permalink

MissLizzy said:

skye said:


Skye, because they don´t like about 10% of The Beatles's songs... Some of the
White Album, the too-indian George ones, and the scary "A Day In The Life".
 

I hope it's only for now...  for the time being.... MITHVEAEN: HELP: how do you translate exactly... "Espero que sólo sea por ahorita"?


Mhhh "I hope that's only for now" I guess...

 

If it's a temporary situation you can say "I hope it's only for the time being"

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
26 September 2010
12.55am
Avatar
skye
AZ
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2270
Member Since:
12 November 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

MissLizzy said:

Skye, because they don´t like about 10% of The Beatles's songs… Some of the White Album, the too-indian George ones, and the scary "A Day In The Life". 

I hope it's only for now…  for the time being…. MITHVEAEN: HELP: how do you translate exactly… "Espero que sólo sea por ahorita"?


So they like the early Beatles? I'm sure they'll warm up to the rest.
Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!
26 September 2010
7.17am
Avatar
Mrs. Taxman
The marketplace
Decca
Forum Posts: 87
Member Since:
17 August 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
298sp_Permalink

ok I probably should have introduced myself a tiny bit earlier but I'm still kinda new so this should work out fine.

I'm 14 yrs old and I live in Maryland despite how much I say "y'all". I am a total Beatle-freak as of December 2009! I never really noticed The Beatles until I was about 8 when one of my friends made me listen to A Hard Day's Night (the song, not the album). From there I loved that song and Cant Buy Me Love. I also liked All You Need Is Love but I didn't know it was by The Beatles at the time.  After bout a week I forgot about them and pretty soon I listened to whatever was new and popular and I HATED THE BEATLES(it hurts to type those words). I thought my dad was a loser when he bought the stereo remaster and hated him for making me learn The Beatles while I was trying to learn the guitar(which I gave up because I don't have the patience to learn an instrument). Then I played Beatles Rock Band at someones house and I fell in love. I forced my dad to buy me it for Christmachanukwanzica and since then i have been learning all of their songs and whatever Beatle facts I can grab a hold of. I have 5 Beatle shirts and some Beatle artwork on my walls. Oh, (Darling) and my favorite Beatle is George!a-hard-days-night-george-3My favorite song is Hello,Goodbye and my favorite album is Sgt. Pepper's.

My other interests/hobbies include but are not limited to:

Horseback riding, snowboarding, singing, The Beatles, doodling, Phish Food fro-yo, Oreos, Jones green apple soda, and Stewarts key lime soda (because it tastes like pie)

"Fighting for peace is like f—ing for virginity." John Lennon
26 September 2010
1.59pm
Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4631
Member Since:
1 May 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
299sp_Permalink

Well Mrs Taxman welcome to the forum from another Georgephile a-hard-days-night-george-6

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
26 September 2010
2.02pm
Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1080
Member Since:
3 April 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
300sp_Permalink

Mrs. Taxman said:

ok I probably should have introduced myself a tiny bit earlier but I'm still kinda new so this should work out fine.

I'm 14 yrs old and I live in Maryland despite how much I say "y'all". I am a total Beatle-freak as of December 2009! I never really noticed The Beatles until I was about 8 when one of my friends made me listen to A Hard Day's Night (the song, not the album). From there I loved that song and Cant Buy Me Love. I also liked All You Need Is Love but I didn't know it was by The Beatles at the time.  After bout a week I forgot about them and pretty soon I listened to whatever was new and popular and I HATED THE BEATLES(it hurts to type those words). I thought my dad was a loser when he bought the stereo remaster and hated him for making me learn The Beatles while I was trying to learn the guitar(which I gave up because I don't have the patience to learn an instrument). Then I played Beatles Rock Band at someones house and I fell in love. I forced my dad to buy me it for Christmachanukwanzica and since then i have been learning all of their songs and whatever Beatle facts I can grab a hold of. I have 5 Beatle shirts and some Beatle artwork on my walls. Oh, (Darling) and my favorite Beatle is George!a-hard-days-night-george-3My favorite song is Hello,Goodbye and my favorite album is Sgt. Pepper's.

My other interests/hobbies include but are not limited to:

Horseback riding, snowboarding, singing, The Beatles, doodling, Phish Food fro-yo, Oreos, Jones green apple soda, and Stewarts key lime soda (because it tastes like pie)


I swear, I always thought your profile pic was George holding a tootsie roll a-hard-days-night-paul-2
"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Annadog40, ewe2
38 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 17188

Ahhh Girl: 10784

Annadog40: 9799

Zig: 7584

parlance: 7092

mr. Sun king coming together: 6980

Mr. Kite: 6092

Silly Girl: 5888

trcanberra: 5552

Ron Nasty: 4974

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 3339

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 42

Topics: 3821

Posts: 202664

Newest Members:

SomertonView, Mercury7, babapez, tom_pw, beatlezoe

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 10784, meanmistermustard: 17188, Zig: 7584, Joe: 4392

Administrators: Joe: 4392, Ellie: 3

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today: None
Upcoming: HerMajesty