Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Introduce yourself to the forum!
24 September 2014
11.21am
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5690
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2561sp_Permalink sp_Print

@georgiewood said
You’re welcome, Joe. I especially enjoy your even-handed and prompt responses to posters who question your page descriptions and summaries. Can you really maintain a full-time job while running the site?a-hard-days-night-ringo-4

Well I’m very time-poor nowadays, which is why I haven’t written a new feature for about a year (my daughter is nearly one, coincidentally; my son is three), just occasional news items. The forum is mainly handled by the brilliant mods. Fortunately I wrote most of the articles before I had kids, in mornings, evenings and weekends. I got a bit obsessed for a couple of years. I’m also trying to write a book at the moment, but the less said about that the better.

On Mars a day lasts for 24 hours and 39 minutes. I could really do with that extra time. I wonder if they’ll have a hi-speed network when they colonise the red planet…

I’m also fortunate for having an employer who actively encourages us to use social media etc (I work in new media), so I can get away with doing some extra-curricular stuff during work hours, though this year has been pretty busy. I’ve learned quite a lot through running this site and forum (SEO, community building, server configs etc) that I can directly apply to my job, so they tend to give me a bit of free rein. As soon as I can afford it I’ll quit to go full time on this site.

page descriptions and summaries

Do you mean the features on the songs and albums? TBH a lot of those were written several years ago before my brain turned to mush, so if anyone queries something I normally have to wade through various reference books to refamiliarise myself with the facts. I correct stuff all the time, though – it’s useful to have an army of worldwide readers that are as passionate about the group as I am.

The following people thank Joe for this post:

Zig, georgiewood, parlance

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

24 September 2014
12.10pm
william.s
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 5
2562sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks for welcoming!

26 September 2014
6.10am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080
2563sp_Permalink sp_Print

@goergiewood,

A few times in various posts here over the many moons, I’ve noted how I’m not quite a Beatlemaniac — but I definitely love them enough to be comfortably indoors in this hospitable BB House before the fireplace (with a log or leg of Norwegian Wood there), warming myself with a toddy of grog from the cold anti-Beatles or Unbeatles Meanies who cackle in the night out there…

Oh, and welcome!

The following people thank Funny Paper for this post:

georgiewood

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

28 September 2014
6.53am
Beatleva
In my life
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 672
2564sp_Permalink sp_Print

A short and sweet introduction. :) Welcome @nyneve 

28 September 2014
1.02pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
2565sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ welcome to the forum 

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

28 September 2014
2.59pm
Bulldog
The Rhythm Revue
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1512
2566sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome @nyneve, @william.s, and @georgiewood!a-hard-days-night-george-9 It would be nice if some of (or better yet, all of) you stick around; we’ve had a lot of members recently introducing themselves then disappearing, never to return.ahdn_paul_01

The following people thank Bulldog for this post:

georgiewood

If you're lonely (or not!), you can talk to me. .....Hey! Are you a new member on this fine forum and don't know where to go to introduce yourself?
Well, you can do it here! Dig it?

28 September 2014
5.55pm
georgiewood
In my tree
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 792
2567sp_Permalink sp_Print

Funny Paper said
@goergiewood,

A few times in various posts here over the many moons, I’ve noted how I’m not quite a Beatlemaniac — but I definitely love them enough to be comfortably indoors in this hospitable BB House before the fireplace (with a log or leg of Norwegian Wood there), warming myself with a toddy of grog from the cold anti-Beatles or Unbeatles Meanies who cackle in the night out there…

Oh, and welcome!

I’ve seen enough posts from @Funny Paper to know that you are the best kind of Beatlemaniac: a thoughtful, objective maniac open to new ides and contrary views.  Thanks for your welcome; it was very homey.

I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did'.
Kurt Vonnegut, Timequake, 1997

2 October 2014
8.39pm
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080
2568sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks georgiewood!  I was definitely more prolific and involved in my first few months here, which one can see by dipping back into older topics & posts; but nowadays I’m kind of just coasting along and phoning it in (sort of like Paul’s post-Beatles career blue-meanie— I kid with the love, Paul!)

The following people thank Funny Paper for this post:

georgiewood

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

2 October 2014
11.46pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
2569sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome aboard to all the exciting new folks who have joined in the last week or so *wave*

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

georgiewood, Mimi

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

6 October 2014
1.55am
Thom Mc
Cracker Box Palace
The Jacaranda
Members
Forum Posts: 30
2570sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi all,

I’m Thom. I’ve been a member for a few days now so I thought I would take the time to say hi. A little bit about me: I’m a 36yo American Beatles fan. I grew up listening to the music of the Beatles, Wings, the Plastic Ono Band, Dark Horse , and Ringo Starr . I recently got to cross a couple items off my “Beatles bucket list” when I was able to get tickets to see both Paul and Ringo this fall.

I’m so thankful for this forum. It’s not always easy to find other Beatles fans in West Texas.

Thanks Everyone!apple01

The following people thank Thom Mc for this post:

Mr. Kite, Ahhh Girl

"Frist and foremost I am a drummer. After that, I'm other things... But I didn't play drums to make money." Ringo Starr

6 October 2014
1.57am
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147
2571sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, Thom! I’m sure you’ll enjoy yourself here.

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

Thom Mc

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

6 October 2014
2.01am
Bulldog
The Rhythm Revue
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1512
2572sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, @Thom Mc! I’m seeing Paul in concert in ten days (for the third timea-hard-days-night-john-1), but I’ve unfortunately never seen Ringo. He’s playing reasonably close, but on the same night we’re going to see Paul.a-hard-days-night-ringo-5 Glad you’re here, stay around a bit. Or many bits.ahdn_paul_01

The following people thank Bulldog for this post:

Thom Mc

If you're lonely (or not!), you can talk to me. .....Hey! Are you a new member on this fine forum and don't know where to go to introduce yourself?
Well, you can do it here! Dig it?

6 October 2014
2.39am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
2573sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome Thom Mc I hope this forum is a fun time for you

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

Thom Mc

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

6 October 2014
2.46am
georgiewood
In my tree
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 792
2574sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome!  The Beatles loved Buddy Holly, so you’ve already got a boot heel up.  Enjoy! a-hard-days-night-john-6

The following people thank georgiewood for this post:

Thom Mc

I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did'.
Kurt Vonnegut, Timequake, 1997

6 October 2014
1.06pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
2575sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Thom. Welcome. You’ll find that time spent on the forum is time well spent.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Thom Mc
6 October 2014
11.08pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
2576sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome @Thom Mc – nice to meet you.

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

Thom Mc

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

6 October 2014
11.36pm
Thom Mc
Cracker Box Palace
The Jacaranda
Members
Forum Posts: 30
2577sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks for the warm welcome

"Frist and foremost I am a drummer. After that, I'm other things... But I didn't play drums to make money." Ringo Starr

7 October 2014
12.04am
Mimi
Left of greenland
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 480
2578sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Thom Mc good to have you here! Hope you stick around apple01

The following people thank Mimi for this post:

Thom Mc

We were just trying to write songs about prostitutes and lesbians

10 October 2014
6.00pm
carlose01
St Peters Church
Members
Forum Posts: 11
2579sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello everyone,

it’s my first day around here. I liked the idea of introducing the new members. Let’s try:  

my name is Carlos, and I love music (especially The Beatles’ ones). I listen to Eric Clapton, Carpenters, Pink Floyd and other bands as well. You may have noticed that English is not my native language, but I hope it’s possible to understand what I write.  

Thank you all, 

Carlos

The following people thank carlose01 for this post:

Thom Mc
10 October 2014
6.23pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
2580sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, @carlose01. Your message is perfectly fine. You will discover that we have several members whose first language isn’t English. The Beatles speak to us all. I hope you enjoy the time you spend with us. Let me know if I can be of assistance as you learn your way around the forum.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Mr. Heath
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2857
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690