Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Introduce yourself to the forum!
11 April 2014
1.55pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 4566

@Beatleva 

Check out this thread.

http://www.beatlesbible.com/fo…..atles-ish/

I am in the process of merging two other extremely similar threads into this one.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Beatleva
11 April 2014
2.00pm
Ahhh Girl

^Hold off for just a moment before going to that link (if you haven't gone there already). I am going to move the thread from "song" to "yesterday…and today".

11 April 2014
2.02pm
Ahhh Girl

Here we go. The new link is

http://www.beatlesbible.com/fo…..atles-ish/

EDIT: when all is said and done, I will probably change the name of the super thread on this topic to "Songs by other bands that sound "Beatles-ish"

Beatleva
13 April 2014
6.02pm
stuartgardner
Savannah, Ga.
The Jacaranda
Forum Posts: 26

Greetings and love, fellow Beatle lovers all, for that's what it's all about.  I'm new to our site but I've loved The Beatles (and I always capitalize that T) since long before my 53 year old memories begin.  How my entrancement started is lost in the mist.

Before I was given this shiny new iPad a few days ago I was dependent on an old and cranky iPod touch, and it didn't take any too kindly to my participating here; I was condemned to lurk and read without expressing a yay or a nay, but the shackles have fallen thanks to a generous pal (thanks, Chris!) and at last I can run and play with the big boys and girls.

Let's run and play!

The following people thank stuartgardner for this post:

Mr. Kite
I have 7.004 billion brothers and sisters.
13 April 2014
6.09pm
Ahhh Girl

@stuartgardner 

Glad you've made it in the door. Pull up a chair. Make your self at home.

stuartgardner
13 April 2014
6.46pm
Annadog40
I am here you are here we are here and we are all together
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3705

Happy forum birthday @stuartgardner how is being born feel?

The following people thank Annadog40 for this post:

stuartgardner

Never say never, cause it's never 'never'

If you are like a new thingy than introduction your self in the into place here

If you did that then you win!

13 April 2014
7.01pm
stuartgardner
Savannah, Ga.
The Jacaranda
Forum Posts: 26

Thanks, Ahhh Girl and Annadog40.  And being born feels great, having known what it's like to be dead!

The following people thank stuartgardner for this post:

Annadog40
I have 7.004 billion brothers and sisters.
13 April 2014
8.25pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3320

Ahhh Girl said
@stuartgardner 

Glad you've made it in the door. Pull up a chair. Make your self at home.

He wants to run and play! What good will a chair do?

Welcome @stuartgardner! Have a great time posting!

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love! If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes
13 April 2014
8.31pm
Annadog40
Apple rooftop

Ahhh Girl said @stuartgardner  Glad you've made it in the door. Pull up a chair. Make your self at home.

He wants to run and play! What good will a chair do? Welcome @stuartgardner! Have a great time posting!

Musical chairs

The following people thank Annadog40 for this post:

Mr. Kite

13 April 2014
10.44pm
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1649

stuartgardner said
Greetings and love, fellow Beatle lovers all, for that's what it's all about.  I'm new to our site but I've loved The Beatles (and I always capitalize that T) since long before my 53 year old memories begin.  How my entrancement started is lost in the mist.

Before I was given this shiny new iPad a few days ago I was dependent on an old and cranky iPod touch, and it didn't take any too kindly to my participating here; I was condemned to lurk and read without expressing a yay or a nay, but the shackles have fallen thanks to a generous pal (thanks, Chris!) and at last I can run and play with the big boys and girls.

Let's run and play!

Ha ha – very nice to meet you.  So many new members lately – great to see.

14 April 2014
1.39pm
tom_cas1
England
A Beginning
Forum Posts: 6

Hello! I joined the forum in March 2013 but finally posted for the first time today, although I've been around in the background since I joined. Great to be amongst so many other Beatle lovers.

Not sure what else to say really, so yeah, hello!

The following people thank tom_cas1 for this post:

HeyTrud
14 April 2014
1.43pm
Annadog40
Apple rooftop

tom_cas1 said
Hello! I joined the forum in March 2013 but finally posted for the first time today, although I've been around in the background since I joined. Great to be amongst so many other Beatle lovers.

Welcome tom_cas1 may life be like a bucket of popcorn!

14 April 2014
11.07pm
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1649

tom_cas1 said

Nice one – I admire your patience in waiting so long since joining to make your first post :)  Welcome aboard!!

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

Mr. Kite
15 April 2014
12.13am
Ahhh Girl

@tom_cas1 Glad you've found us likeable enough to cast your lot in with us. We look forward to hearing from you here and there on the forum.

Mr. Kite
16 April 2014
4.23pm
imtheTaxman
St Peters Church
Forum Posts: 11

I am a 13 year old boy who loves 60s rock. My dad used to play the Beatles and Jimi Hendrix around the house since I was pretty much a newborn baby, and I loved (and still do) it. My earliest memory is watching a recording of the Beatles playing In My Life on the Ed Sullivan show. I now play the guitar, bass, and drums and I dig any kind of music, especially rock, blues, and jazz. I'm excited to be a part of this website and forum. Peace!

Also, I love the Yellow Submarine film. blue-meanie

Eleanor Rigby waits at the window wearing a face that she keeps in a jar by the door.

Mean Mr Mustard lives in the park shaves in the dark trying to save paper.

"Look! a cyclops!" "Can't be its got two eyes" "Must be a bicyclops then" -Yellow Submarine 

16 April 2014
4.38pm
Annadog40
Apple rooftop

ahdn_paul_06 Hello and welcome to the forum may your time be most happy indeed!heart

16 April 2014
8.36pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9305

imtheTaxman said
I am a 13 year old boy who loves 60s rock. My dad used to play the Beatles and Jimi Hendrix around the house since I was pretty much a newborn baby, and I loved (and still do) it. My earliest memory is watching a recording of the Beatles playing In My Life on the Ed Sullivan show. I now play the guitar, bass, and drums and I dig any kind of music, especially rock, blues, and jazz. I'm excited to be a part of this website and forum. Peace!

Also, I love the Yellow Submarine film. blue-meanie

Sorry to disappoint you but the Beatles never played In My Life anywhere (except for the opening few notes at Candlestick Park in August '66). 

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Mr. Kite
"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
17 April 2014
6.26pm
primadonna paul
pepperland
A Beginning
Forum Posts: 6

'ello! i uh… i have to admit i'm not very good with introductions. i suppose i'll start with my name. i go by a nickname; beanie. though, my birth name is emily. don't call me that unless you want to be despised for life, haha. i currently am 15 years old and run a few beatle blogs on instagram and tumblr. i was introduced to the beatles about 4 or 5 years ago. the first song i've ever heard was "I Want To Hold Your Hand". i remember the excitement from the first few notes and how much i adored their voices and their hyperactivity throughout concerts and i simply fell in love with all four boys. i have been for 5 years now! currently, my favorite beatle is paul. i am in love with his sweet voice and cute little puppy dog face and i could go on for hours just how much he means to me. my favorite album is probably beatles for sale, Please Please Me, help!, or meet the beatles. as for favorite song, i just like to say i love at least a few songs off every album, so those could count as my favorites (right?). my favorite movie is a hard days night. they are so young there and it just makes my heart so happy ?. other than the beatles, i am into alternative sub-genres and singers such as lana del rey, lorde, marina and the diamonds, etc. and shockingly enough, i am also into today's pop such as miley cyrus, lady gaga, and one direction. i probably lost your interest in me there hm? i recently joined this site just to see what it was all about, and to see if i could make any new beatle buddies. i'm very bad at talking to new people due to my anxiety problems but i know just how easy it is to talk about something you love! i could talk about the beatles for hours on end. anyways- sorry if this all comes out as cliche AND sorry this was so long. i cannot wait to interact w/ other members!  cheers!xxa-hard-days-night-paul-7

photo gif_362x108_beec3c.gif
17 April 2014
7.06pm
Annadog40
Apple rooftop

primadonna paul said
'ello! i uh… i have to admit i'm not very good with introductions. i suppose i'll start with my name. i go by a nickname; beanie. though, my birth name is emily. don't call me that unless you want to be despised for life, haha. i currently am 15 years old and run a few beatle blogs on instagram and tumblr. i was introduced to the beatles about 4 or 5 years ago. the first song i've ever heard was "I Want To Hold Your Hand". i remember the excitement from the first few notes and how much i adored their voices and their hyperactivity throughout concerts and i simply fell in love with all four boys. i have been for 5 years now! currently, my favorite beatle is paul. i am in love with his sweet voice and cute little puppy dog face and i could go on for hours just how much he means to me. my favorite album is probably beatles for sale, Please Please Me, help!, or meet the beatles. as for favorite song, i just like to say i love at least a few songs off every album, so those could count as my favorites (right?). my favorite movie is a hard days night. they are so young there and it just makes my heart so happy ?. other than the beatles, i am into alternative sub-genres and singers such as lana del rey, lorde, marina and the diamonds, etc. and shockingly enough, i am also into today's pop such as miley cyrus, lady gaga, and one direction. i probably lost your interest in me there hm? i recently joined this site just to see what it was all about, and to see if i could make any new beatle buddies. i'm very bad at talking to new people due to my anxiety problems but i know just how easy it is to talk about something you love! i could talk about the beatles for hours on end. anyways- sorry if this all comes out as cliche AND sorry this was so long. i cannot wait to interact w/ other members!  cheers!xxa-hard-days-night-paul-7

Welcome! May all of your houses run all nice like. Rock on Beatles for sale!

17 April 2014
7.36pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1954

Welcome on the forum Beanie! I hope you'll enjoy it around here!

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online:
39 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9305

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 4934

mithveaen: 4651

Ahhh Girl: 4566

Zig: 3739

Annadog40: 3705

Mr. Kite: 3320

Ron Nasty: 2975

fabfouremily: 2927

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 2524

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3172

Newest Members: SaxonMothersSon, HAWAIIBEATLESFAN, all8daysaweek, batbear, mal evans

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (4566), meanmistermustard (9305), Zig (3739), Joe (3409)

Administrators: Joe (3409), Ellie (1)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: Filipe