Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Introduce yourself to the forum!
8 March 2014
1.34am
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Hollywood Bowl
Forum Posts: 376

walks said
I don't wanna go overboard, but I've created LOTS of Beatles-related artwork. Just say the word and I'll share some more!

First of all, welcome to our happy group!  It sounds like you'll fit right in, sounds like you know a fair bit about the boys and their music :) 

Second, there is a thread where it would probably be ok to post all your artwork, or at least the best of it.  It's in this topic, All Together Now, thread name is 'Beatles photo gallery'.  I'm not positive if your own artwork would be appropriate – I'd love to see some – but a moderator might think otherwise.  I'd try one, and see what response you get (unless someone posts the definitive rule here). The worst that can happen is a gentle reminder or possibly move the post to a more appriate thread/topic).

If it's not allowed, you can always find the "Pimp yourself" thread where (as I understand it) people compare collections or trade or just brag about their stuff or something, Ive never actually been there being somewhat of a newbie myself.  The only hard and fast rule I've come across is, don't post pointers to bootleg/officially released free copies of music in a thread.  Discussion of bootlegs is ok, but dissemination thereof is not.

Last but not least, Eleanor Rigby is one of my favorite Beatles song (There's about 30 that are tied for #1 lol).

Half of what I say is meaningless...
8 March 2014
1.46am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2616

MattBusby said

walks said
I don't wanna go overboard, but I've created LOTS of Beatles-related artwork. Just say the word and I'll share some more!

First of all, welcome to our happy group!  It sounds like you'll fit right in, sounds like you know a fair bit about the boys and their music :) 

Second, there is a thread where it would probably be ok to post all your artwork, or at least the best of it.  It's in this topic, All Together Now, thread name is 'Beatles photo gallery'.  I'm not positive if your own artwork would be appropriate – I'd love to see some – but a moderator might think otherwise.  I'd try one, and see what response you get (unless someone posts the definitive rule here). The worst that can happen is a gentle reminder or possibly move the post to a more appriate thread/topic).

If it's not allowed, you can always find the "Pimp yourself" thread where (as I understand it) people compare collections or trade or just brag about their stuff or something, Ive never actually been there being somewhat of a newbie myself.  The only hard and fast rule I've come across is, don't post pointers to bootleg/officially released free copies of music in a thread.  Discussion of bootlegs is ok, but dissemination thereof is not.

Last but not least, Eleanor Rigby is one of my favorite Beatles song (There's about 30 that are tied for #1 lol).

Pimp Your Stuff is for posting anything you've created. It's where you can post ads for your stuff, if you've written a book or made a film or album or something

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
10 March 2014
8.45pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3192

walks said
Hey, Gang!

Russell Walks here – Artist, illustrator, and long-time Beatles fan. 
My favorite Beatle is currently George, but it changes often, as does my favorite song/album. MY first Beatles album wasn't an album at all. It was an 8-track, the second half of the "Blue" album. I remember wishing I could fast-forward past "The Ballad Of John And Yoko".
I have three daughters and a son, all of whom love The Beatles. Currently, we play a game where I play a song, and they try to guess who's singing lead. Ringo and George are the easiest for them to i.d. – They have trouble distinguishing between John and Paul.

I started looking at this forum sometime around 2009, when I began working on a book about The Beatles, called the White Album. I wanted to know what the general consensus was about a few different things: What seemed to be the most popular song, for instance, or what was people's favorite era? As I should've suspected, there really isn't one definitive answer, which I guess makes sense, but which still surprises me. I mean, if you ask people what Springsteen's best album is, you'll hear "Born to Run" more often than anything else. If you ask the same question about The Beatles, you'll hear "The Beatles" as much as you'll hear "Sgt. Pepper". 

Anyway, that's sort of what the book's about – That and how a bunch of different artists interpret their favorite Beatles tunes. I don't want to break any forum rules, so I won't put a link here, although there is one in the "Pimp Your Stuff" section.

Thanks for the opportunity to participate, everyone. I'm looking forward to engaging as a member as opposed to just listening as a guest.

@walks Welcome to the forum! We'll be looking forward to you engaging also! And I'm interested in seeing this artwork also so I guess I'll check the Pimp Your Stuff section later…

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love! If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes
10 March 2014
9.04pm
Annadog40
I am here you are here we are here and we are all together
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3556

walks said
Hey, Gang!

Russell Walks here – Artist, illustrator, and long-time Beatles fan. 
My favorite Beatle is currently George, but it changes often, as does my favorite song/album. MY first Beatles album wasn't an album at all. It was an 8-track, the second half of the "Blue" album. I remember wishing I could fast-forward past "The Ballad Of John And Yoko".
I have three daughters and a son, all of whom love The Beatles. Currently, we play a game where I play a song, and they try to guess who's singing lead. Ringo and George are the easiest for them to i.d. – They have trouble distinguishing between John and Paul.

I started looking at this forum sometime around 2009, when I began working on a book about The Beatles, called the White Album. I wanted to know what the general consensus was about a few different things: What seemed to be the most popular song, for instance, or what was people's favorite era? As I should've suspected, there really isn't one definitive answer, which I guess makes sense, but which still surprises me. I mean, if you ask people what Springsteen's best album is, you'll hear "Born to Run" more often than anything else. If you ask the same question about The Beatles, you'll hear "The Beatles" as much as you'll hear "Sgt. Pepper". 

Anyway, that's sort of what the book's about – That and how a bunch of different artists interpret their favorite Beatles tunes. I don't want to break any forum rules, so I won't put a link here, although there is one in the "Pimp Your Stuff" section.

Thanks for the opportunity to participate, everyone. I'm looking forward to engaging as a member as opposed to just listening as a guest.

Good Morrow sir may you have oodles of fun in this locale

Never say never, cause it's never 'never'

If you are like a new thingy than introduction your self in the into place here

If you did that then you win!

16 March 2014
10.56pm
Herethereandeverywhere
A Beginning
Forum Posts: 2

Hello

i am currently living in Gloucestershire and have done all my life..I love the Beatles! Why else would I be here!?I first got into them listening from a very young age with memories of 'because' filling the household being played by my dad. Ever since an early age I have been mesmerised and totally in love with John Paul George and Ringo. a-hard-days-night-john-4ahdn_paul_02a-hard-days-night-george-10a-hard-days-night-ringo-12 

My favourite break was To Liverpool visiting the cavern club and john and Paul's houses!I'm totally obsessed and I was definitely born in the wrong era! How I wish I grew up as a teen in the 60s

16 March 2014
11.26pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2616

First: Welcome!

Second: Mods, this should be moved to the Introduction thread. 

The following people thank IveJustSeenAFaceo for this post:

Ahhh Girl
(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
17 March 2014
12.05am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 4487

Welcome, @Herethereandeverywhere 

Glad your dad turned you on to The Beatles. Please thank him for us.

Glad you've found a new cool user name also.

Enjoy your time with us.

19 March 2014
6.37pm
toddwellbb
A Beginning
Forum Posts: 4

May I humbly introduce to you all..ME!!

Me is..Todd! From the frozen tundra of Wisconsin in the good Ol' USA!!!

Experienced a wonderful welcome with my first post, "Yesterday", so thanks!! man..I don't know where to begin. I'll be brief too. I'm single, 46 and according to what I've read, on my date of birth Paul and crew filmed "The Fool On The Hill" For Magical Mystery Tour. 9-8-67.  The coolest part of the whole film! I've been in love with The Beatles since pretty much day 1 of birth. My aunt and uncle gave me their record collection when I was like 7 or 8!! Don't worry they were duplicates as they both had the same record collection! All of their Beatles, Stones and Who LP's!! I've rebuilt that collection over the years, but I'm eternally grateful for them for instilling my love for the best music on the planet..with The Beatles on top! My aunt claims she saw The Beatles in Milwaukee in 1964. My uncle claims he saw Ringo waving at him from a limo at the same show!! I believe my aunt more!!

OK..favorite song..that's impossible!!

..I can give you my 2 favorite albums. Rubber Soul and Revolver!! Like Ringo said, they found themselves in the studio with both of those albums and for me it was their creative peak.  Yes Sgt Pepper changed popular music, but those 2 prior albums, for me, are who the Beatles were musically! They worked the closest on those projects in terms of studio creativity!! Don't get me wrong though..all of their albums are in their own way brilliant!!

OK..fave movie..A Hard Days Night!!

Favorite Beatle..that's hard..it's between Paul and George. Being a musician myself, I love Paul, but I loved George's quiteness and humility. And man what a great guitar player on top of that!!

Fave promo film…Probably Paperback Writer/Rain.  They just looked SO cool during that period and it was beautifully filmed…Michael Lindsey Hoog I believe..!!  

OK..I could go on, but as I said I'd be brief! So true to my word..That'll be it for now!! But I'm looking forward to connecting, and sharing!!  Cheerios!!

19 March 2014
8.14pm
Into the Sky with Diamonds
New York
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1264

Hey toddwellbb, welcome! (Looks like you're into double consonants)

"Into the Sky with Diamonds" (the Beatles and the Race to the Moon – a history)
19 March 2014
10.58pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 4487

Welcome @toddwellbb from Wisconsin. I hope these pictures help you feel even more at home here.

That is one serious look regarding cheese on Paul's face.

This is random.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Mr. Kite, Matt Busby
19 March 2014
11.03pm
Annadog40
Apple rooftop

@toddwellbb I say welcome as a fellow mid-westerner and hope you obtain years and decades of fun from this site

19 March 2014
11.48pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3192

@toddwellbb Welcome to the site (again)! apple01 

Hope to see you posting around…

Ahhh Girl said
Welcome @toddwellbb from Wisconsin. I hope these pictures help you feel even more at home here.

That is one serious look regarding cheese on Paul's face.

This is random.

@Ahhh Girl

I must say AG, best picture of Paul ever!

Annadog40 said
@toddwellbb I say welcome as a fellow mid-westerner and hope you obtain years and decades of fun from this site

@Annadog40 I just noticed your new avatar… interesting! a-hard-days-night-john-6

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

Ahhh Girl

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love! If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes
20 March 2014
12.34am
Annadog40
Apple rooftop

Mr. Kite said

Annadog40 said

@Annadog40 I just noticed your new avatar… interesting! a-hard-days-night-john-6

Its for the Beatles internet celebration ahdn_george_08

The following people thank Annadog40 for this post:

Mr. Kite

20 March 2014
12.51pm
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Hollywood Bowl
Forum Posts: 376

Welcome Toddwell!  This is a great place as you will find out.  But it's big, just take your time exploring it all, would be my advice.  The people here know everything!

Half of what I say is meaningless...
24 March 2014
12.50pm
plastic
New Zealand
The Kaiserkeller
Forum Posts: 46

Hi everyone! I'm Amy from New Zealand and I just joined the site :) I'm quite a new Beatles fan I guess I started really listening to their music about 18 months ago when a friend played Abbey Road to me and the medley just blew me away! I've since bought all the albums and been reading various books but there are still a lot of bootlegs and things I haven't heard/read so I'm just keen to learn more about the fab four.

This is a great site with lots of info, thanks to everyone who set it up and makes it what it is :)

Gonna go try and figure out how to add a pic to my profile now! See you round the forums *waves*

The following people thank plastic for this post:

Mr. Kite
24 March 2014
1.31pm
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2173

Hi Amy, welcome to the forum! :) Is your user name a Dylan reference?

One day, a tape-op got a tape on backwards, he went to play it, and it was all "Neeeradno-undowarrroom" and it was "Wow! Sounds Indian!" -- Paul McCartney
24 March 2014
1.36pm
Annadog40
Apple rooftop

Welcome Amy may life be like a box of Chocolates

24 March 2014
1.44pm
youreaswine
A place that isn't Strawberry Fields
A Beginning
Forum Posts: 6

Hello, I guess, I'm Bob! (I'm not really called Bob cos I'm actually a girl but all my friends call me that). I've been listening to the Beatles since I was around 2 and I saw Yellow Submarine on tv and I was instantly hooked. Since then I've been obsessed but I'm constantly frustrated because all of my friends Beatle knowledge is incredible scarce and upsetting and therefore I've had nobody to discuss Beatle-esque things with.

I hope to be adding my meaningless and poorly informed comments on a thread near you soon.

If anyone cares:

Favourite Beatle: George

Favourite Album: Rubber Soul

Favourite Song: For No One / While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Favourite Film: A Hard Day's Night.

The following people thank youreaswine for this post:

Mr. Kite

In the end, this world will go under because of the stupidity of people

24 March 2014
2.24pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9238

youreaswine said
Hello, I guess, I'm Bob! (I'm not really called Bob cos I'm actually a girl but all my friends call me that). I've been listening to the Beatles since I was around 2 and I saw Yellow Submarine on tv and I was instantly hooked. Since then I've been obsessed but I'm constantly frustrated because all of my friends Beatle knowledge is incredible scarce and upsetting and therefore I've had nobody to discuss Beatle-esque things with.

I hope to be adding my meaningless and poorly informed comments on a thread near you soon.

If anyone cares:

Favourite Beatle: George

Favourite Album: Rubber Soul

Favourite Song: For No One / While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Favourite Film: A Hard Day's Night.

Howdie. Good to have you here, you've come to the right site, BB is a fantastic site. I look forward to your "meaningless and poorly informed comments"; you'll fit right in.ahdn_george_06 

Out of interest are you called Bob due to Blackadder (still damn funny after all these years and repeat viewings)?

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

youreaswine
"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
24 March 2014
3.10pm
plastic
New Zealand
The Kaiserkeller
Forum Posts: 46

Von Bontee said
Hi Amy, welcome to the forum! :) Is your user name a Dylan reference?

Thanks for the welcome. Yes it is a Dylan reference well spotted. I'm a pretty massive Dylan fan :)

The following people thank plastic for this post:

Von Bontee
Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Gornton Tulog, SeraTheBeatle, MrMoonlight, Beatleva, Davenicks
72 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9238

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 4908

mithveaen: 4651

Ahhh Girl: 4487

Zig: 3643

Annadog40: 3556

Mr. Kite: 3192

Ron Nasty: 2954

fabfouremily: 2927

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 2504

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3187

Newest Members: Davenicks, Johnny Rhythm, 165721, Bibiana, Bibiana0709

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (4487), meanmistermustard (9238), Zig (3643), Joe (3404)

Administrators: Joe (3404), Ellie (1)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None