Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Introduce yourself to the forum!
6 February 2014
12.16am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 4543

Dear Mr. Kite,

I'm sure we will benefit from your presence.

Love your local. It is such a beautiful place. You're lucky to reside there.

Sincerely,
Beatles Bible Fab Forum Members

P.S. Our address as of this moment if you wish to write to us is

Joe's Place
2933 Topics Lane
Posts, Numbering 97395

6 February 2014
12.27am
TheOneBeatleManiac
Nowhere Land
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 616

Welcome Mr. Kite! Hope you'll have fun learning and teaching more about The Beatles from and to all of us!

a-hard-days-night-john-1a-hard-days-night-paul-5ahdn_george_01a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

In My Life, I Love You More.
6 February 2014
5.03pm
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 3405

Hi to all new members (and thanks to the regulars for making them feel so welcome)!

Please don't spoil my day; I'm miles away

Can buy me love! Please consider using these links to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes

6 February 2014
6.47pm
OneCoolCat
The Cavern Club
Forum Posts: 84

Hello fellow Beatle fans!

I just signed up today and am very happy to be part of this forum! I have loved The Beatles pretty much since I was born and am glad to know that I can share in that enthusiasm with you all too!

A little bit about myself: I play drums and can attribute that directly to Ringo (whom is my favourite Beatle) for I remember when I was young I would take drink stirrers, pretend they were drumsticks and drum on a bar stool to The Beatles music. And I would pester my parents to let me take up drums because I wanted to be like Ringo! I'm glad they let me!

Besides that, I like reading, writing, sports and music (among other things).

Just from perusing this site, I am learning a lot of things about The Beatles I did not know. I thought I did, but you guys are the intelligentsia here (and I mean that in a good way)! Hope I can contribute as well too.

Peace.

6 February 2014
6.57pm
Ahhh Girl

OneCoolCat said

I just signed up today and am very happy to be part of this forum! I have loved The Beatles pretty much since I was born and am glad to know that I can share in that enthusiasm with you all too!

A little bit about myself: I play drums and can attribute that directly to Ringo (whom is my favourite Beatle) for I remember when I was young I would take drink stirrers, pretend they were drumsticks and drum on a bar stool to The Beatles music. And I would pester my parents to let me take up drums because I wanted to be like Ringo! I'm glad they let me!

Just from perusing this site, I am learning a lot of things about The Beatles I did not know. I thought I did, but you guys are the intelligentsia here (and I mean that in a good way)! Hope I can contribute as well too.

Peace.

…and love.

Are you near any of the places where Ringo will be touring this year?

7 February 2014
12.12pm
OneCoolCat
The Cavern Club
Forum Posts: 84

Ahhh Girl said

OneCoolCat said

Peace.

…and love.

In fact, the Toledo (Ohio) show is pretty much in my backyard! And the Cleveland show (where I am originally from) is the stop before.

7 February 2014
2.56pm
Ahhh Girl

OneCoolCat said

Ahhh Girl said

OneCoolCat said

Peace.

…and love.

In fact, the Toledo (Ohio) show is pretty much in my backyard! And the Cleveland show (where I am originally from) is the stop before.

Do you think you will be able to make it to one of the shows? If so, let us know over in the Ringo Tour 2014 thread.

9 February 2014
6.35am
InTheEnd
St Peters Church
Forum Posts: 13

Hi everyone!

Long time Beatles fanatic and Beatles Bible user here.  Love the site and have learned so much from it, it really is a treasure. (Thanks Joe!)  Love reading all of your posts and continuing to learn about this once-in-a-lifetime band, and I hope I can contribute something eventually. :P

How could I ever have lost you when I loved you?

9 February 2014
6.44am
4or5Magicians
The Foothills of the Headlands
Paris Olympia
Forum Posts: 136

Welcome InTheEnd! I'm relatively new here as well, but it's a great bunch here.

9 February 2014
7.13am
TheOneBeatleManiac
Nowhere Land
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 616

Hello, InTheEnd!!

a-hard-days-night-john-6a-hard-days-night-paul-8a-hard-days-night-george-3a-hard-days-night-ringo-10

In My Life, I Love You More.
9 February 2014
10.49am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2927

Welcome, InTheEnd. Hope you like the forum as much as you do the main site :D

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

9 February 2014
12.28pm
Ahhh Girl

Hello, InTheEnd. Glad you've made your beginning with posting to the forum. Splash your Beatles love and knowledge all over the forum. I'm always ready to learn more about the Fabulous Four.

9 February 2014
10.01pm
scottdgifford
A Beginning
Forum Posts: 2

Greetings, folks! I'm Scott Gifford, retired elementary schoolteacher turned music teacher and performer. I live in Sebastopol, CA, about an hour north of San Francisco. I substitute teach, teach classroom music & recorder & ukulele for two schools, play the uke & sing with my students in class, at birthday parties and for retirement homes whenever and wherever I can. I came across this site this morning, looking for the recorder part to "The Fool On The Hill" and knew I'd come to the right place when I found another member who'd already posted the notes.

Today's a special day for everyone reading this, I suspect; I still remember sitting in the back seat of the car that Sunday morning (I was 8), listening to my parents & my grandmother talking about "the Beatles" being on Ed Sullivan that evening. I had no idea what they were talking about; I envisioned four men cavorting around the stage in insect suits… My dad's comments that evening were 1) "Why don't they get haircuts? They look like GIRLS!" and 2) "That's not music, it's NOISE!"

I didn't really pay much attention to the Fab Four at that point; I couldn't tell them apart, especially on the American "Hard Day's Night" album cover, and I didn't start listening to the radio until Simon & Garfunkel's "Mrs. Robinson" came out. S&G's Bookends was my first album purchase, followed by Bridge Over Troubled Water; then I spent a couple years being sidetracked by the Monkees. (I hadn't yet seen Help!, so when I saw the Monkees' Head, I didn't realize that Mike, Davy, Mickey & Peter were dressed in imitation of John, Paul, George & Ringo.)

A junior high friend had the White Album, and I was blown away by "Hey Jude" when it hit the airwaves (it's still my favorite track among many favorites.) The Let It Be album was my first Beatle LP — and then it was all over; I worked backwards to Sgt. Pepper and made do with the Red Album for the early stuff until it was time to start acquiring the cds. Now I have one shelf for the "real" 12, the Past Masters and the BBC sets, and another side for the Anthologies, the Rooftop concert, various bootlegs and a video collection of the promo films from '64-'69 called "Watching Rainbows"; a third shelf contains solo stuff from all four, including Paul's Unplugged and his Chaos & Creation in the Backyard, Ringo's Ringo (still his best, I think), John's Imagine and Acoustic cds, George's Concert for Bangla Desh dvd and the amazingly beautiful boxed set with Ravi Shankar, Collaborations. (For me, "the one that got away" was a 6? 8?-cd collection of the complete Let It Be sessions; it was packaged in a cd-sized film cannister and had a $400 price tag — I just couldn't justify it. Sigh…)

Favorite Beatle books: My first-printing paperback of Yellow Submarine (purchased new in 1968 for 95 cents, and yes, that's a Yellow Submarine tie I'm wearing in my photo); Mark Lewisohn's Recording Sessions, as well as his Complete Beatles Chronicles, George Martin's With a Little Help from My Friends, William J. Dowling's Beatlesongs and the Anthology accompanying book. As a musician, I also had to invest in the two-volume Complete Beatles many years ago. Oh, and I just picked up Vol. 1 of Lewisohn's The Beatles: All These Years — Tune In from the library.

The Lads from Liverpool will always be IT for me; much as I love Cream, Creedence and the Stones, John, Paul, George and Ringo created the soundtrack of my life, and their music is the standard by which I measure all other popular music. (I tell my students that Taylor Swift must be one of the Beatles' unacknowledged grandchildren — she has their knack for writing perfect pop songs.) I look forward to chatting with other like-minded people here; hasta la vista!

Parting thought: wouldn't it be great if the guys on The Big Bang Theory were into the Beatles, as well as Star Trek, comics and computer games?

9 February 2014
10.15pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4910

scottdgifford said
Greetings, folks! I'm Scott Gifford, retired elementary schoolteacher turned music teacher and performer. I live in Sebastopol, CA, about an hour north of San Francisco.

Welcome to the board, fellow Californian! Glad you found us.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

9 February 2014
10.36pm
onlyasouthernsong
Florida
The Jacaranda
Forum Posts: 33

Hello! I'm Onlyasouthernsong, because Florida is the south. In fact, it's farther than the south. It's so south, it's hell. It's 70 degrees outside. Yeah. So I guess you could say I'm doing okay.

Also, I probably have to say George is my favorite Beatle. a-hard-days-night-george-9a-hard-days-night-george-10ahdn_george_08ahdn_george_06

9 February 2014
10.56pm
Ahhh Girl

@scottdgifford, I placed my greeting to you in the recorder thread, but I'll reproduce it here so it will be in it's proper place

You're our kind of teacher, passing the Beatles flame to a new generation. An apple for the teacher.apple01

@onlyasouthernsong

The Beatles sure liked your Miami sun.

9 February 2014
11.20pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2616

scottdgifford said

Parting thought: wouldn't it be great if the guys on The Big Bang Theory were into the Beatles, as well as Star Trek, comics and computer games?

Yeah, I've always thought that'd be their type of things. I share pretty much the exact same interests as Sheldon, and I love the Beatles, so I assume he would as well.

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
10 February 2014
5.27pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2927

onlyasouthernsong said
Hello! I'm Onlyasouthernsong, because Florida is the south. In fact, it's farther than the south. It's so south, it's hell. It's 70 degrees outside. Yeah. So I guess you could say I'm doing okay.

Also, I probably have to say George is my favorite Beatle. a-hard-days-night-george-9a-hard-days-night-george-10ahdn_george_08ahdn_george_06

Welcome. I like you already :)

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

scottdgifford said

Yeah, I've always thought that'd be their type of things. I share pretty much the exact same interests as Sheldon, and I love the Beatles, so I assume he would as well.

They did mention them once, though I can't remember what they said. I too thought they'd be fans, though.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

10 February 2014
5.55pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9268

A very tedious link between TBBT and TB.

There is also the episode where a female fan of Sheldon's drives a wedge between him and the other 3, The Bare Naked Ladies song Be My Yoko Ono is played over it.

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
11 February 2014
2.23am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1873

Welcome to all the new members!   

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Mr Bellamy, Ahhh Girl, Annadog40, MrMoonlight, Beatleva, thisbirdhasflown, Bulldog, Beatlesneverdie
57 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9268

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 4910

mithveaen: 4651

Ahhh Girl: 4542

Zig: 3676

Annadog40: 3636

Mr. Kite: 3276

Ron Nasty: 2970

fabfouremily: 2927

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 2517

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3187

Newest Members: badbartimus, imabeatlemaniac, A Serviceable Villain, rich23, Karolina_

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (4542), meanmistermustard (9268), Zig (3676), Joe (3405)

Administrators: Joe (3405), Ellie (1)

Members Birthdays
Today: callan1967, trcanberra
Upcoming: hermajesty