Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Introduce yourself to the forum!
20 January 2014
7.38pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1981sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oyster Black Pearl said
Just spotted this thread, so after making a few posts now thought it apt to say “hello”. I stumbled across this place when doing a bit of research, glad I did. 

I’m Alex and I’m a Beatleholic. No matter how much I embrace other musicians, I always come back to The Fabs. 

As you have probably sussed out, I play drums, although not in public for a while. I’m a sound professional working mainly in TV and am dabbling in a bit of writing when between jobs.

So there you go – great place with some really knowledgeable people – Hi!

Hi Alex! Glad you’ve found us! apple01

What kind of writing do you do? For TV?

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

20 January 2014
7.54pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22238
1982sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oyster Black Pearl said
Just spotted this thread, so after making a few posts now thought it apt to say “hello”. I stumbled across this place when doing a bit of research, glad I did. 

I’m Alex and I’m a Beatleholic. No matter how much I embrace other musicians, I always come back to The Fabs. 

As you have probably sussed out, I play drums, although not in public for a while. I’m a sound professional working mainly in TV and am dabbling in a bit of writing when between jobs.

So there you go – great place with some really knowledgeable people – Hi!

Are you in Liverpool IRL? Or just in virtual fantasy like the rest of us?

Either way, glad you’ve joined us.

20 January 2014
7.57pm
Oyster Black Pearl
Liverpool, UK
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 126

fabfouremily said

What kind of writing do you do? For TV?

Drums and classic car stuff – “stuff” great choice of words for a writer, eh?

At last a book about Ringo and drumming.”

Ringo Starr And The Beatles Beat

20 January 2014
8.02pm
Oyster Black Pearl
Liverpool, UK
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 126

Ahhh Girl said
Are you in Liverpool IRL? Or just in virtual fantasy like the rest of us?

Either way, glad you’ve joined us.

Thank you! I was born in Liverpool, raised in Liverpool, work in Liverpool, live in Liverpool, and of course, my football club is Everton…. which reminds me – our game is just starting on TV…..

At last a book about Ringo and drumming.”

Ringo Starr And The Beatles Beat

20 January 2014
8.19pm
HeyTrud
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 550
1985sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to all New Comer’s! apple01

"....take a sad song & make it Meilleur"....

20 January 2014
9.22pm
Catro
St Peters Church
Members
Forum Posts: 15
1986sp_Permalink sp_Print
Hi,
I’m Catro, from Jersey in the Channel Islands. I’m 44, and been a Beatles fan since the start of 1980 since I first heard “Coming Up ” by Paul McCartney .
Of course, we all know the inevitable at the end of 1980, and that cemented my Beatle-fandom ever since.

21 January 2014
12.13am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
1987sp_Permalink sp_Print

Catro said

Hi,
I’m Catro, from Jersey in the Channel Islands. I’m 44, and been a Beatles fan since the start of 1980 since I first heard “Coming Up ” by Paul McCartney .
Of course, we all know the inevitable at the end of 1980, and that cemented my Beatle-fandom ever since.

Paul was my gateway into the Beatles also. a-hard-days-night-paul-7

I just got a geography lesson looking up where you are from. I wasn’t too far away from you last year when I was in Sainte-Mere-Eglise while on vacation.

Glad you have joined us.

21 January 2014
1.55am
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
1988sp_Permalink sp_Print

beatlewife said
Hi all, I’m Holly, 21. I just joined this forum and I haven’t been on a beatles forum in quite some years (since I was mere teen). So I’m a bit rusty at all this since I’ve moved to tumblr. But I’m currently a film major in college at Columbia College which is in chicago. I study directing and screenwriting and I hope to move out to L.A. within the next couple of years (fingers crossed!) and George Harrison is my favorite Beatle with John Lennon coming in a close second, but I love them all equally. I’ve been a fan since I was 13 and had a massive crush on George Harrison whilst growing up so I have a bit of (bit? more like a huge) a soft spot for him. Also I love writing and reading and films and especially old classic films, and I’ve recently gotten super in television & loved shows such as Breaking Bad, Mad Men, etc. I used to play the Oboe for about 10 years but stopped after I graduated high school and pursued other interests. So yes I can read music even though it’s been a long time haha. So I’ve always been strongly interested in music and The Beatles were a major influence on me and are a major part of my life and who I am. So yeah, if you ever want to chat or follow me on tumblr just let me know! <3

You know, I actually applied and got accepted to Columbia back when I was doing college searching (I’m from the Chicago area).  I ended up not going for financial reasons, transportation reasons, and because I wanted to go to school out-of-state.  Welcome.

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

28 January 2014
2.35pm
Catro
St Peters Church
Members
Forum Posts: 15
1989sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Catro said

Hi,

Paul was my gateway into the Beatles also. a-hard-days-night-paul-7

I just got a geography lesson looking up where you are from. I wasn’t too far away from you last year when I was in Sainte-Mere-Eglise while on vacation.

Glad you have joined us.

Thanks for the welcome! Saint-Mere-Eglise is pretty near to Jersey. Just a boat ride from Port Bail!

3 February 2014
4.00pm
AbbeyRoadRage
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 162
1990sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello everybody!  I’m Steven from New York, and I’m a relatively new Beatles fan at the age of 14.  The first songs by the four that I heard when I was younger (so much younger than today) were “Hello, Goodbye “, “Yellow Submarine “, and “Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds ” (Don’t ask me where I heard that last one, but it was definitely familiar to me when I listened to it more recently).  I first started listening to The Beatles in early 2013.  Before that, I never really listened to music and if you played “Hey Jude ” for me, I wouldn’t have known who the heck it was by, but now, I’ve become obsess…-I mean familiar-with their music and plenty of trivia and such.  I started off listening to them by downloading a few songs on iTunes and listening with some Apple ear buds.  Now I own the 2009 stereo remasters on CD and I recently acquired the mono box set, along with a decent set of speakers.  Since learning about The Beatles and music in general, I’ve come to appreciate the music of the past, and I’ve grown quite fond of many other artists including Dylan, Berry, Presley, Hendrix, The Stones, The Who, and more.  Anyway, I’ve listed some of my Beatle-favorites below.

Favorite Album: Abbey Road or Sgt. Pepper , although I love Revolver and The White Album too

Favorite Song: A Day In The Life

Favorite Beatle: It’s hard to say.  For me, it’s the combination of John, Paul, George, and Ringo, and their individual talents, that made The Beatles great.  Despite this, if I had to pick one, it would be the quiet one since I very much enjoy George’s guitar playing and his sometimes overlooked/underrated songwriting.

3 February 2014
5.36pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
1991sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey ARR, great to have another younger person with us! Welcome to the board apple01

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

3 February 2014
5.57pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
1992sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome ARR 😀 

Here are some apples apple01apple01apple01apple01

3 February 2014
7.09pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
1993sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, AbbeyRoadRage. I love your screename!

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

3 February 2014
7.23pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
1994sp_Permalink sp_Print

So, AbbeyRoadRage, did you have A Hard Day’s Night that caused you some Misery right before you choose your screen name? Did a blue-meanie cut you off? Wait ! You’re not even Sweet Little Sixteen yet. Surely your parents haven’t said to you, “Drive My Car .” Perhaps you would benefit from getting a Ticket To Ride the bus down The Long And Winding Road .?.?

Too Much Monkey Business out of me for now. I’ll Be on My Way.

Seriously, ARR, I’m glad you’ve found The Beatles and us. Hop right into this psychedelic VW minivan with us and converse Across The Universe .

3 February 2014
7.56pm
4or5Magicians
The Foothills of the Headlands
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 184
1995sp_Permalink sp_Print

Several new folks (well, newer than me anyway!) Welcome new folks! apple01

4 February 2014
6.34pm
GK
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 1
1996sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi, great site by the way !

My name is Glenn, I grew up as a kid on the edges of Harlow Essex in the ’60’s. First memory of the Fabs, She Loves You & I Want To Hold Your Hand on the radio constantly ! A friends Mum bought the albums, my Mum took me to see Help ! on release.

I was 13 in 1971, one of my mates had a complete collection of Beatles records ! I gradually borrowed them and listened to them properly ! Over a period of years I bought them all on vinyl, then a boxed set of cd’s then the Remastered Box set in 2009. Loved them all, The White Album / Abbey Road  still my current faves.

During the ’70’s I bought most of  the solo albums & singles when they were released saving my hard earned paper round / 3 car wash round money ! So exciting , reading the lyrics and getting a new album for the first time. John / Paul joint No 1, which would alternate during the ’70’s, then George, then Ringo. Loved music ever since…. also loved Bowie / Roxy / Stones / The Who / The Jam / The Clash / U2 /  …..current faves Kings Of Leon & The Heavy, seen them both live !

Have been in sales since I was 20, have been a Sales Manager since January 1988. My job has taken me to work in most towns & cities in the UK, which I have loved ! Married  ” A Northern Girl ” Kay, have two sons Scott 28 George 22. Got a big promotion, have lived in Poynton Cheshire since early 1991. 10 miles from Manchester, yet the hills & the beautiful scenery is not far from my village so I have the best of both worlds.

I followed my Dad being a Tottenham / ( Spurs ) supporter taking my sons still. They remain Spurs fans despite us living in Man United ” heart land” for over 20 years !

Still love live music. Never did get to see John or George live. I saw Elton John in 1975 at Wembley, there were rumours that John / Ringo may go on stage ! John had played 6 months earlier with him in New York…………..sadly never happened, great concert anyway, saw the Beach Boys , Eagles etc ! Saw Paul / Wings live many times ! The best time…….1975 Elstree  Studios ( where East Enders is now filmed ) World Tour rehearsals…….saw Denny Laine & Jimmy McCullough in the pub opposite, just 17 with a mate, offered to buy them a drink, they said yes ………then cheekily said  ( as casually as I could muster ! )  ” Will Paul & Linda be coming over ? ” No they replied……..oh well the concert was excellent ! the band were ALL superb ! Paul could play anything , sing anything !

Saw Ringo at the Liverpool Empire ( where else ? ) with his All Starr Band a few years ago……… still a great performer, was on good form laughing with the audience….sprightly I can tell you !

I’ve got 100’s of books going back to early ’60’s originals ! Not into memorabilia really……..seen some great quality working / on holiday in America though . Got loads of Dvds / seen most docs on the Fabs !

Glenn 

4 February 2014
7.05pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
1997sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yay, GK, I’ve noticed your name in the “newest members” section and was hoping you’d chime in. I’m sure we will be tugging at your knowledge store as the conversations on various threads progress.

“Saw Paul / Wings live many times !”

LongHairedLady will be envious.

I can’t wait to see Ringo this year.

4 February 2014
10.01pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
1998sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome Glenn, good to meet you and to get such a long introduction. People tend to be a bit brief at first.

I haven’t spent as much time as I’d like in Cheshire, but from what I have seen it’s lovely :)

Enjoy the site and the forum! apple01

(Passover - I. Curtis)

4 February 2014
10.28pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
1999sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome Glenn 😀 

Here are some apples for ya apple01apple01apple01apple01

4 February 2014
11.27pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
2000sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome Glenn, hope you post a lot, it’s great here.

If you want to participate in deciding the best Beatles song of all time, see this thread

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Richard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22238, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694