Introduce yourself to the forum! | Page 10 | All together now | Fab forum

A A A

Please consider registering
guest

Log In Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

  

— Match —

   

— Forum Options —

   

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Introduce yourself to the forum!
26 July 2010
8.13am
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1115
Member Since:
4 April 2010
Offline
181

paulsbass said:

MrBig said:

Also, am I the only one who thinks AFOTH is Paul's best song? I just love how it describes himself. I don't mean to be "harshly independent" (if that makes sense) but I think Paul should have been a solo kind of person. Still with the beatles, but made solo stuff and maybe a solo album under the name of The Beatles.


 

This whole post is ridiculous, even more than your usual stuff AND is doesn't belong in this forum.


Jesus Christ, lay off man. It's a forum, not a lifestyle.
"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."
26 July 2010
12.36pm
paulsbass
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 699
Member Since:
12 March 2010
Offline
182

MrBig said:


Jesus Christ, lay off man. It's a forum, not a lifestyle.
 

 

Sorry, I didn't read the other posting well enough and missed the "Fool on the hill" reference, so your posting wasn't totally out of place.

(It's still ridiculous, since "The Fool On The Hill" does SO NOT describe Paul.)

26 July 2010
4.06pm
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1115
Member Since:
4 April 2010
Offline
183

paulsbass said:

MrBig said:


Jesus Christ, lay off man. It's a forum, not a lifestyle.

 


 

Sorry, I didn't read the other posting well enough and missed the "Fool on the hill" reference, so your posting wasn't totally out of place.

(It's still ridiculous, since "The Fool On The Hill" does SO NOT describe Paul.)


To me it does.
"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."
26 July 2010
5.40pm
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1813
Member Since:
14 December 2009
Offline
184

Jesus, someone should start a separate thread exclusively for the tiresome paulsbass/MrBig wars…

One day, a tape-op got a tape on backwards, he went to play it, and it was all "Neeeradno-undowarrroom" and it was "Wow! Sounds Indian!" -- Paul McCartney
26 July 2010
6.11pm
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1115
Member Since:
4 April 2010
Offline
185

Von Bontee said:

Jesus, someone should start a separate thread exclusively for the tiresome paulsbass/MrBig wars…


I really have no problem with this guy, it's just that he hates my opinion for some reason. 
"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."
26 July 2010
6.59pm
this girl
St Peters Church
Forum Posts: 11
Member Since:
23 July 2010
Offline
186

skye said:

Hi Allyson! I would say uphill. a-hard-days-night-paul-5


 

Hah, me too! a-hard-days-night-john-6
mithveaen said:

Welcome Allyson!! Any plans to see Paul on tour?


 

No :( He already came to my state (which I will not mention here, because mother is ALWAYS WATCHING) so I missed my chance. a-hard-days-night-ringo-14 But its okay, Ill live.

26 July 2010
7.00pm
this girl
St Peters Church
Forum Posts: 11
Member Since:
23 July 2010
Offline
187

Oh and thansk for all the welcomes! a-hard-days-night-john-6

26 July 2010
8.51pm
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2803
Member Since:
9 June 2010
Offline
188

MrBig said:

I really have no problem with this guy, it's just that he hates my opinion for some reason.
 


Erm…. Maybe you shouldn't respond to the things he says. Unless he says something truly horrid. 

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

26 July 2010
10.37pm
Bjway
On The Hill
Ed Sullivan Show
Forum Posts: 168
Member Since:
5 July 2010
Offline
189

Hi, I’m sort of new here; I’m Bj for now. I’ve actually been hanging around this site as a guest for a while now so I am quite familiar with it. I am currently a male teen from Toronto.

 

I always sort of figured that I would like the beatles, but was too lazy to really listen to them. Then a couple of years ago my family went to see the Love show so that got me interested. I think about a year later I finally got the 1 album and have since become more involved. I of course have the beatles rock band, which is pretty much the only video game I play. I am also a very musical person, I can play the drums/percussion, as well as flute and trumpet (sort of); I am hoping to learn guitar soon. Umm, I enjoy editing/remixing music as well. I also like the general music from the 60’s to more recent times, but most music today I really don’t like. The only other band I intensively listen to is The Moody blues. I grew up listening to them and they are (most of) my family’s favourite band; they are also the main reason why are I wanted to learn flute.

 

I would say that I enjoy the beatles’ entire career, but I am more partial to their later material (Rubber Soul onwards) as I find it offers more variety. I would say my favourite beatle is George and that almost all of his songs are underrated. I have also seen all of their movies, my favourites are Help, A Hard Days Night and Yellow Submarine. Magical Mystery Tour is also really good, but a little bit aimless. Let It Be I haven’t seen too much.   I’d say that’s pretty much me…. I feel like I used the word “I” way too much a-hard-days-night-paul-11

The Pope owns 51% of General Motors
26 July 2010
11.24pm
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1813
Member Since:
14 December 2009
Offline
190

Hi Bj, there's a few of us Torontonians here! (Or close enough – Brampton, in my case.)

One day, a tape-op got a tape on backwards, he went to play it, and it was all "Neeeradno-undowarrroom" and it was "Wow! Sounds Indian!" -- Paul McCartney
27 July 2010
10.21pm
LadyMadonna
Lying on the bed, listening to the music playing in my head.
A Beginning
Forum Posts: 6
Member Since:
27 July 2010
Offline
191

Hi, I'm the mother to three of these nutty kids (MMM, Dan and Beatles-something-or-other), plus one more who I'm sure will join as soon as I set her up with her own e-mail account.

I'm a middle-aged mom who enjoys singing, playing the piano, listening to music, cooking and reading. I also sew a bit, mostly at Halloween time.

 

My children asked me to join, so I thought I'd better do it while they're still willing to be seen in public with me.

27 July 2010
10.24pm
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1115
Member Since:
4 April 2010
Offline
192

Now we have a whole family. Holy buckets of yellow matter custard.

 

Welcomea-hard-days-night-george-6

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."
27 July 2010
10.24pm
A Fiendish Thingy
By the banks of her own lagoon
Hollywood Bowl
Forum Posts: 379
Member Since:
27 March 2010
Offline
193

Haha, welcome! a-hard-days-night-george-9 You sound like a really groovy mom.

Are you a veggie too? I've been trying to become one, but MY mother is a huge meat lover and just always ends up mixing some chicken into the meal, despite my nagging. a-hard-days-night-paul-1

I'm in love, but I'm lazy.
27 July 2010
10.51pm
LadyMadonna
Lying on the bed, listening to the music playing in my head.
A Beginning
Forum Posts: 6
Member Since:
27 July 2010
Offline
194

Thanks so much, A Fiendish Thingy. No, I'm not a vegetarian, but my husband and I never have been big meat-eaters. So when our older son asked five years ago if he could go veggie, it was hardly any trouble to accommodate him. Really, putting up with comments from well-meaning (or not-so-well-meaning) adults is more bother than accommodating the veggies. Our older daughter stopped eating meat a couple of years after her brother did. They were both pretty chuffed when they found out most of the Beatles were vegetarians too. The younger daughter dabbled in vegetarianism for a little while, until one night we were making cheeseburgers with bacon and blue cheese (which is funny in itself, as it was the third time in our married lives we'd even purchased bacon) and the smell was just too tempting for her to resist.

Most days we don't eat meat. When we do, it isn't much trouble to make meat-free portions for the vegetarians. There are a lot of recipes at the McCartneys' Meat Free Monday site if your mother is willing to try them. Another site we really enjoy is called The Veggie Table. (I don't know whether posting a link would be considered spamming, but I think you'll be able to find it.) I think summer is an excellent time to try going veggie because there's such a great variety of fruits and vegetables in season and readily available, and a nice salad is such a natural choice for dinner when it's too hot to cook. Good luck persuading your mom.

EDITED TO ADD: Don't worry, MrBig. I promise I won't post nearly as often as my daughter.

28 July 2010
12.50am
skye
AZ
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2295
Member Since:
13 November 2009
Offline
195

Welcome to the forum. I'm a bit surprised LadyMadonna was free. brian-epstein

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!
28 July 2010
1.12am
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1115
Member Since:
4 April 2010
Offline
196

LadyMadonna said:

Thanks so much, A Fiendish Thingy. No, I'm not a vegetarian, but my husband and I never have been big meat-eaters. So when our older son asked five years ago if he could go veggie, it was hardly any trouble to accommodate him. Really, putting up with comments from well-meaning (or not-so-well-meaning) adults is more bother than accommodating the veggies. Our older daughter stopped eating meat a couple of years after her brother did. They were both pretty chuffed when they found out most of the Beatles were vegetarians too. The younger daughter dabbled in vegetarianism for a little while, until one night we were making cheeseburgers with bacon and blue cheese (which is funny in itself, as it was the third time in our married lives we'd even purchased bacon) and the smell was just too tempting for her to resist.

Most days we don't eat meat. When we do, it isn't much trouble to make meat-free portions for the vegetarians. There are a lot of recipes at the McCartneys' Meat Free Monday site if your mother is willing to try them. Another site we really enjoy is called The Veggie Table. (I don't know whether posting a link would be considered spamming, but I think you'll be able to find it.) I think summer is an excellent time to try going veggie because there's such a great variety of fruits and vegetables in season and readily available, and a nice salad is such a natural choice for dinner when it's too hot to cook. Good luck persuading your mom.

EDITED TO ADD: Don't worry, MrBig. I promise I won't post nearly as often as my daughter.


No, it's alright. What I meant was that a whole family has never joined this site.
"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."
28 July 2010
4.43am
LadyMadonna
Lying on the bed, listening to the music playing in my head.
A Beginning
Forum Posts: 6
Member Since:
27 July 2010
Offline
197

skye said:

Welcome to the forum. I'm a bit surprised LadyMadonna was free. brian-epstein


 

Yeah, me too. I hope I'm not stepping on the toes of anyone who's already posting as Lady Madonna or Lady_Madonna.

28 July 2010
5.56am
Paulrus
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 906
Member Since:
8 April 2010
Offline
198

Welcome to the forum! I haven't seen anyone with either of those names, and I've been here for a while, so it's alright. If anyone has them, they don't ever post.

Well, the Ukraine girls really knock me out  They leave the West behind 
28 July 2010
6.28am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4678
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline
199

Welcome Lady Madonna!! Your kids are very nice!! (ok guys now you pay me that dollar we talked about..)

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
28 July 2010
7.30am
Paulrus
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 906
Member Since:
8 April 2010
Offline
200

A dollar? I was promised 50 cents… I see a bit of favouritism going on here

Well, the Ukraine girls really knock me out  They leave the West behind 
Forum Timezone: UTC 0

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: ladycat, salviandres, Ahhh Girl, IveJustSeenAFaceo, Annadog40
73 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today None
Upcoming Ahhh Girl

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 7164

mr. Sun king coming together: 6972

mithveaen: 4678

parlance: 3636

MeanMrsMustard: 2803

Ron Nasty: 2517

skye: 2295

IveJustSeenAFaceo: 1916

LongHairedLady: 1891

Von Bontee: 1813

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 2332

Moderators: 5

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 33

Topics: 3060

Posts: 109832

Newest Members: ChristianCorl, primadonna paul, Simple Press, Kattatude, El Dorado

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (3322), fabfouremily (2941), Zig (3294), Joe (3207), Ellie (1)

Administrators: Joe (3207)