Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
4 May 2016
5.33pm
georgiewood
In my tree
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 792
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
6301sp_Permalink sp_Print

beatlebug:  “the world-renowned band The Off Beats (preferably The Offbeats, but I’m going by what the program says) showed up and rocked the house.”  That’s fantastic, SG! Good on you for going out there and actually getting it done.  I admire that chutzpah. I’m not so sure about the name, though. What if your jealous detractors hector you by reversing the syllables?

The following people thank georgiewood for this post:

Beatlebug

I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did'.
Kurt Vonnegut, Timequake, 1997

4 May 2016
5.45pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
6302sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congratulations everyone with good news! apple01apple01apple01

georgiewood snickered
Gilly Sirl:  “the world-renowned band The Off Beats (preferably The Offbeats, but I’m going by what the program says) showed up and rocked the house.”  That’s fantastic, SG! Good on you for going out there and actually getting it done.  I admire that chutzpah.

Well, what else were we going to do? Not show up and do what we love best? Rubbsquash!  a-hard-days-night-george-10 

I’m not so sure about the name, though. What if your jealous detractors hector you by reversing the syllables?

Naaaah, we’re so awesome, we don’t have jealous detractors a-hard-days-night-john-1 (anyway, only two members of our exclusive fan club showed up, as everyone else seemed to be busy that evening a-hard-days-night-ringo-5). 

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

4 May 2016
6.18pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
6303sp_Permalink sp_Print

Not much…

…except that after immersing myself in the lyrics for further analysation of my Floydmare, I finally listened to The Wall in its entirety yesterday. T’was amazing! beatlemaniacs_02_gif Excuse me for a second while I add it to my list of favourite albums. a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

I think that @Beatlebug and @pepperland would approve of my newfound Floydlove quite a lot.*

*this could be a slight understatement. a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

pepperland, Beatlebug

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

4 May 2016
6.22pm
Gagamee
The Kaiserkeller
Members
Forum Posts: 49
6304sp_Permalink sp_Print

In one weeks time I will be in Liverpool 🙂

The following people thank Gagamee for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Shamrock Womlbs, Eleanor Macca
4 May 2016
6.51pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
6305sp_Permalink sp_Print

Very exciting, @Gagamee. We will be waiting for your report.

5 May 2016
1.32am
pepperland
vanished in the haze (England)
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 749

WeepingAtlasCedars whizzpopped
Not much…

…except that after immersing myself in the lyrics for further analysation of my Floydmare, I finally listened to The Wall in its entirety yesterday. T’was amazing! beatlemaniacs_02_gif Excuse me for a second while I add it to my list of favourite albums. a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

I think that @Beatlebug and @pepperland would approve of my newfound Floydlove quite a lot.*

Hooray!a-hard-days-night-george-9 Welcome to the fab world of Floyd, second only to the Beatles (oh, and Zed Leppelin of coursea-hard-days-night-ringo-10).

We made this little forum to worship them, so feel free to go over there and join in (there are only three active usersa-hard-days-night-paul-4).

I feel obliged to listen to more Led Zep– I’ve got their greatest hits album (and I love it), so I see no reason why I shouldn’t get into them more.a-hard-days-night-paul-7

The following people thank pepperland for this post:

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

Times I find it hard to say / With useless words getting in my waySuprised about this one.Sad about this one

5 May 2016
4.01am
Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1435

Midori78 said
I am halfway through creating Beatles Sim characters for The Sims 3. For those who play, or would like to see what they look like, they are available at:

http://www.thesims3.com/mypage…..8/mystudio

They are by no means perfect, since it’s hard to get a likeness down, but I may revisit them at a later date and tweak them a bit. So far, I got John and Ringo up, and will have George and Paul up before too long. =3

(Not sure if this is in the right topic, but it’s what’s going on currently so I thought I’d share ^^)

@Midori78 I’ve followed your example and given the lads a go in Sims4. Blimey, they’re difficult to get right! These are the results of my first attempts. Still a lot of finetuning to do, but I’m afraid I’ll only make them worse if I do…! I think George turned out the best so far (or the least bad…). John’s about the worst.

The following people thank Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^< for this post:

Beatlebug, Harrison7, pepperland, Midori78

Formerly Known As JPM-Fangirl --Paul-Badge.png 2016

'Out There' - 07-06-2015 - Ziggo Dome Amsterdam -- 'One On One' - 12-06-2016 - Pinkpop Festival Landgraaf

5 May 2016
8.47am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181

@WeepingAtlasCedars whizzpopped
Not much…

I think that Silly Floydster and pinkyland would approve of my newfound Floydlove quite a lot.*

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! beatlemaniacs_02_gif 

And don’t stop at The Wall. There’s More (not that album particularly but I mean more Floyd); this chart may aid you in your explorations. Best of luck apple01 

landofpeppy gobblefunked 
Hooray!a-hard-days-night-george-9 Welcome to the fab world of Floyd, second only to the Beatles (oh, and Zed Leppelin of coursea-hard-days-night-ringo-10).

We made this little forum to worship them, so feel free to go over there and join in (there are only three active usersa-hard-days-night-paul-4).

INDEED! 

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

pepperland, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

5 May 2016
8.59am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
6309sp_Permalink sp_Print

pepperland said

Link was broken. Fixed now.

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

Beatlebug, pepperland, WeepingAtlasCedars

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

5 May 2016
12.09pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

I voted in the Scottish Elections. 

Interesting to see if the Conservatives do beat Labour to become the second main party in Scotland; an outcome so unheard of only a few years ago. If it does happen I wonder what Labour will do in Scotland in the near future, its not like Corbyn and the rest are doing any good down in England and I’m pretty sure I read that Wales may also be turning their back on Labour. Would be in an incredible mess with a twit in charge to lead them out, bumbling from one cock up to the next whilst few in his party take any note of his opinion or leadership.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

5 May 2016
2.58pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
6311sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have had a shocking last hour or so!

First I went down to vote in the London Mayor/Assembly elections.

Voted for the Labour candidate for Mayor, because the Mayor – whatever party – is pretty independent of the party, voting Green for second preference. For my two votes for the London Assembly (constituency and list – which is seats awarded proportionately depending on votes across London), and for the first time in my 30 years of voting, I felt unable to vote for the Labour Party because of the current leadership. I didn’t know what I was going to do until I got in the booth, and then both votes went Green. My first time not voting Labour.

Then I went to the post office to get some money out of my account.

I knew I had around 50/60 pounds left in my account until next getting paid on Tuesday. I was going to take out half, and grab the rest on Saturday. Selected balance on the machine to check my balance, and it showed over £1400 in my account. I say at least because if I read it correctly, it was a lot more than that, a hell of lot more than that.

Now, my friend who helps me out with dealing with things like my benefits, got a phone call at the end of last week to do with something about arrears, they didn’t go into details. He told me to expect a letter, which hasn’t arrived about it. So I don’t doubt it’s to do with that. If I have been underpaid by over £1400 that is shocking. If I read the figure right it is beyond shocking. I’ll know the amount for definite tomorrow when I go back down to double-check what’s in my account. Either way, a wonderful surprise windfall!

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Zig, Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<, Beatlebug

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

5 May 2016
3.04pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
6312sp_Permalink sp_Print

What a nice turn of events, RN! It’s hard to beat found money. 

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

5 May 2016
3.34pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
6313sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said
I have had a shocking last hour or so!

First I went down to vote in the London Mayor/Assembly elections.

Voted for the Labour candidate for Mayor, because the Mayor – whatever party – is pretty independent of the party, voting Green for second preference. For my two votes for the London Assembly (constituency and list – which is seats awarded proportionately depending on votes across London), and for the first time in my 30 years of voting, I felt unable to vote for the Labour Party because of the current leadership. I didn’t know what I was going to do until I got in the booth, and then both votes went Green. My first time not voting Labour.

And there is one vote already lost for Labour, can’t wait to see how much, if any, damage has been done by voting in Corbyn. I doubt this will have any effect on him staying in charge but it will surely make a few more arsonists ready to set the camps on fires. I also wonder if there will be any sighting of the Lib Dems or if they are still in exile.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

5 May 2016
4.48pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Would just like it noted that

a) David Cameron hasn’t bothered his backside to come to Scotland or even look like he gives a shit about us (hopefully showing up the bullshit he spouted in the Independence Referendum that many swallowed and so won’t do in the next);

b) I have no idea who the Labour leader is in Scotland. They are that irrelevant to me.

There’s a Lib Dem on my TV. a-hard-days-night-ringo-6 Must have taken ages to track him down. a-hard-days-night-john-3

5 May 2016
4.49pm
Harrison7
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 238
6315sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Would just like it noted that

a) David Cameron hasn’t bothered his backside to come to Scotland or even look like he gives a shit about us (hopefully showing up the bullshit he spouted in the Independence Referendum that many swallowed and so won’t do in the next);

b) I have no idea who the Labour leader is in Scotland. They are that irrelevant to me.

There’s a Lib Dem on my TV. a-hard-days-night-ringo-6 Must have taken ages to track him down. a-hard-days-night-john-3

YOU SPEAK THE TRUTH!

5 May 2016
5.28pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
6316sp_Permalink sp_Print

Do you have plans for what you will do with the $$, RN? You have the “new” sofa already. You just had to get a new tv. Your laptop isn’t too old. I guess you could save it up for a rainy (or sunny) day.

5 May 2016
5.32pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
6317sp_Permalink sp_Print

@meanmistermustard 
I have no idea who the Labour leader is in Scotland. They are that irrelevant to me.

But isn’t that more to do with you, and not Labour? Here in London, I know who the Scottish Labour Leader is – Kezia Dugdale, and I believe she is making powerful arguments about how Scotland’s new powers should be used. Is it her fault that you’re not prepared to look at her new Labour proposition for Scotland, or is it your fault for not examining what Labour are offering because Labour disagreed with Scottish Independence?

This is what worries me about the Scottish political situation at the moment, that instead of looking at the political offers being made, a large section of the population who were defeated in the independence aren’t looking at the political offers, and which most supports Scotland in its current situation, but blindly voting SNP – who are refusing many of the powers given them – just because the SNP agree with their vote on independence.

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

5 May 2016
5.57pm
Midori78
USA
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 337
6318sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^< said

Midori78 said
I am halfway through creating Beatles Sim characters for The Sims 3. For those who play, or would like to see what they look like, they are available at:

http://www.thesims3.com/mypage…..8/mystudio

They are by no means perfect, since it’s hard to get a likeness down, but I may revisit them at a later date and tweak them a bit. So far, I got John and Ringo up, and will have George and Paul up before too long. =3

(Not sure if this is in the right topic, but it’s what’s going on currently so I thought I’d share ^^)

@Midori78 I’ve followed your example and given the lads a go in Sims4. Blimey, they’re difficult to get right! These are the results of my first attempts. Still a lot of finetuning to do, but I’m afraid I’ll only make them worse if I do…! I think George turned out the best so far (or the least bad…). John’s about the worst.

I’ve got to say you did a mighty fine job there! George also turned out very good! I may have to re-install Sims 4 at some point.

The following people thank Midori78 for this post:

To be or not to be, I don't care
The question is, Are you alive out there?
It don't take brains, Just heart and soul
I think, therefore I rock 'n roll.

5 May 2016
6.07pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
6319sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Ahhh Girl said
Do you have plans for what you will do with the $$, RN? You have the “new” sofa already. You just had to get a new tv. Your laptop isn’t too old. I guess you could save it up for a rainy (or sunny) day.

I have three things in mind: the Lennonology book, which I’ve really wanted but has been outside my price bracket; a Freeview recorder, which will allow me more than one channel and not having to miss things as I’ll be able to record them; and, possibly, a new laptop so that I have a backup if one goes wrong (you’ll remember how scary it was for me when my last one started going wrong, and how I was trying to work out how many months it would take to save for a new one), a backup might be a wise investment whilst I have unexpected money.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

5 May 2016
6.11pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
6320sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Quite sensible. We CANNOT have RN missing on the forum!!! That laptop of yours is a vital part of this community!

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691