Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
2 May 2016
3.40pm
sigh butterfly
Sea of Green (near the Golden Gate)
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4798
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
6281sp_Permalink sp_Print

Got back from Vancouver this weekend. Arrived there just after the Paul shows and the town was still buzzing. Almost every eavesdropped conversation was about the concerts. Folks were just so thrilled that their vibe was bouncing off of them and onto me. I even encountered some Ringo love as one lady said she couldn’t bear to look at Paul’s drummer cuz he wasn’t “her darling Richy”. The most buzz was at a restaurant near our hotel called Le Crocodile. Paul at dinner there one of the nights and took pics with some of the waiters. The place was packed with people hoping to sit at Paul’s table a-hard-days-night-paul-4. Everywhere around the town people were decked out in their finest Beatle gear. @Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^< your awesome jacket would have guaranteed many a free beverage 🙂 All the Beatle Paul fun made just missing the concert a little easier to take.

35.jpgImage Enlarger

The following people thank sigh butterfly for this post:

pepperland, O Boogie, Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<, Ahhh Girl, AppleScruffJunior, Beatlebug

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead

2 May 2016
3.40pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832

I had a little adventure while driving to Albany last Friday. @Ahhh Girl this happened about 2 hours after we spoke on the phone.

While I was driving northbound on the NY State Thruway, a southbound truck lost a tire. The tire crossed over into my lane at a very high rate of speed. It was actually sliding flat like a hockey puck and somehow slid right between two guard rail posts. It was travelling from left to right and I was on a collision course. At the last moment I was able to swerve into the median on my left as I could not avoid the tire by veering right because there were cars in the lane to my right. My strategy almost worked completely, but the tire still clipped the right front corner of my car causing some body damage. The tire was so large that when it ended up in the middle of the northbound lanes, traffic came to a complete stop. It took two men to lift it off the highway, which leads me to believe it was the entire wheel. Yours truly was a bit shaken, but otherwise unharmed. 

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Matt Busby

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

2 May 2016
3.45pm
O Boogie
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1352
6283sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nice to know you’re alright, Zig! *hugs*

Wow! That seems like a great weekend, SB!!! 

The following people thank O Boogie for this post:

Zig

For tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the Sun

2 May 2016
3.48pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
6284sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have just decided that if I ever have kids then I’m not going to constantly have a hat on them when they’re newborns unless they’re bald. I am also approaching finals which are next week and then I will be FREE.

The following people thank Little Piggy Dragonguy for this post:

Matt Busby

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

2 May 2016
4.34pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22223
6285sp_Permalink sp_Print

Scary times, Zig. Glad you and Zag (and Zog if she was with you) didn’t get any body damage.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Zig
2 May 2016
7.01pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
6286sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks – I was flying solo. Very glad my dearest ones were at home. Besides, in my little pea brain, I worked it out that I jinxed myself.

Ever since 9/11/2001, I have made it a point to end every contact with a loved one by saying “I love you”. If, fate forbid, the worst should happen, I would prefer those be the last words they remember. When I spoke to Zag about an hour before that happened, it was about something goofy I thought of that I knew would make her laugh. As we hung up laughing, I said “OK, I’ll call ya when I get there – see ya”. As the tire was headed toward my car, the way I ended that phone call was the second thing that went through my mind.

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars, Ahhh Girl, meanmistermustard, pepperland, AppleScruffJunior, Linde, BeatleSnut, Matt Busby, natureaker

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

3 May 2016
7.20am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
6287sp_Permalink sp_Print

I didn’t win tickets to go see Paul on the BBC show 🙁

(And if anybody from the BBC is reading this then *cough* of course I live in Antrim)

>.>

<.<

>.>

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

3 May 2016
11.08am
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
6288sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just found my old jumping rope and jumped for a bit. 
Yes, I am truly a champion, the be all and end all of sports, THE ultimate athlete. I come over mountains, conquer the depths. I will rise, no matter what..

..so let’s ignore the fact that after about 30 jumps, I thought I was having a heart attack, started hyperventilating and everything around me started turning..

The following people thank Linde for this post:

Beatlebug, meanmistermustard, Zig, Necko, Evangeline, Starr Shine?
3 May 2016
4.04pm
KaleidoscopeMusic
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 481
6289sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m so glad the gig went well, Silly Girl! Those are great song selections. I’m so happy for you. 🙂  

The following people thank KaleidoscopeMusic for this post:

Beatlebug

Only music can save us.

4 May 2016
4.04am
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 932

Zig said
I had a little adventure while driving to Albany last Friday. @Ahhh Girl this happened about 2 hours after we spoke on the phone.

A little adventure? Sheesh you’re lucky to be alive! Once on a trip to Florida a big piece of tread was in the road. I saw it well ahead, but each car that passed it moved it a couple feet. Traffic was pretty heavy, and I ended up having to straddle it – the odometer/speedometer cable was knocked out. I think you’re right that the wheel was still in it because typically you just see tread (coming off retreads) – it’s more likely a wheel would come off than an entire tire in one piece, I think. And running into a semi wheel would not be pretty!

As far as what’s going on in my life, we just celebrated our 6 month anniversary 🙂 My wife’s had trouble finding a job that agreed with her, so we’ve had a lot of time together. A lot of truly wonderful time – the rest of the world just disappeared, we lost track of everything in our lives except ourselves (well, and other family). We’re lucky enough that money wasn’t a big issue, and finally Doris has found a job that seems compatible.

*the obscure topic was the Paul tour, and yes, we started talking about hoping Paul would tour near us in the first 48 hours we were reunited. Sure enough, one fairly close was announced and we scored two floor seats, in the first row of the 2nd section of seats, so there will be space in front of us. We’re really psyched, and even gave up our 2-day minivacation at Abbey Road on the River to raise the funds. July 10th is the day. We’re also seeing John Fogerty on the 20th of this month 🙂

One thing I’ve been spending time on (outside the flat 😉 is volunteering for political causes. I’ve done a fair bit of campaigning, and even donations (I’m slightly under the $27 average – which should give away who I’m working for 😉 – In 35 years of voting (and before) never volunteered or given money – I did get to shake President and Roslyn Carter’s hands when they spoke at our school in the 1980 campaign, woot (Jimmy is a very cool guy though). And I’m taking the “Revolution ” to heart – I met a guy who’s running for state representative, his first elected office. Hes running against a tea-partier (that’s an ultraconservative splinter group of Republicans who lead the Republican increases in both the House & Senate in 2010). David does not accept contributions from corporations or the Democratic party – he (and us intrepid volunteers) are trying to knock on as many doors as possible. His district was redrawn by the Republicans by adding an entire country of conservative farmers to a traditionally urban, liberal district – making the district vote very differently as a whole.

So, life is good – wonderful in fact! I hope things are well with y’all 🙂 I’ll be around some at least. I guess you could say there’s a new time sink in my life – yes, more important than a music discussion group – not sure if its more important than music itself though! Mostly good things, but some negatives, like more cleaning (the horror!). We’ll be moving on July 1 – Doris has a 25 minute commute each way (I know, not much if you live in a big city, but we can afford a nicer place within 5 minutes) and she works 10.5 hour days, so while she gets sent home early about half the time, at least a couple days a week shes gone 11.5 hours just for work! 

And I’m rambling…one last thing, our favorite thing to do “out”? Go have dinner and see live music, either country, blues, rock, folk, or some combination thereof.  Match made in heaven? nah…;) I do need to go cuddle with my honey, she has to get up for work in 2 hours…

Peace & Love 🙂

The following people thank Matt Busby for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Zig, Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<, Beatlebug, pepperland

Half of what I say is meaningless...

I feel good in a special way, I'm in love and it's a sunny day

BeatlesBible.com earns royalties if you use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes

4 May 2016
2.29pm
Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1435
6291sp_Permalink sp_Print

I haz a sad… 

I bought myself two really cool Beatles wristbands, but they’ve given me a massive allergic reaction even my antihistamines couldn’t stop. Apparently, there’s nickel in in the snaps. I did not know that when I got them. After three or four days of hell, it finally stopped itching today. I applied tape to the inside and tried again, and I still get an allergic reaction, so I have to figure out a way to really create a barrier thick enough to allow me to wear them without getting a rash. If anyone has any ideas, I’m open to them!

Formerly Known As JPM-Fangirl --Paul-Badge.png 2016

'Out There' - 07-06-2015 - Ziggo Dome Amsterdam -- 'One On One' - 12-06-2016 - Pinkpop Festival Landgraaf

4 May 2016
2.37pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
6292sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Mom and I received approval to tour the White House and the Pentagon. Woohoo!

Necko, Beatlebug
4 May 2016
2.42pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
6293sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^< said
I haz a sad… 

I bought myself two really cool Beatles wristbands, but they’ve given me a massive allergic reaction even my antihistamines couldn’t stop. Apparently, there’s nickel in in the snaps. I did not know that when I got them. After three or four days of hell, it finally stopped itching today. I applied tape to the inside and tried again, and I still get an allergic reaction, so I have to figure out a way to really create a barrier thick enough to allow me to wear them without getting a rash. If anyone has any ideas, I’m open to them!

Take the nickel out.

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

4 May 2016
2.49pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
6294sp_Permalink sp_Print

I haz a sad… 

Wear cool gloves under your bracelets

Image Enlarger

4 May 2016
2.51pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
6295sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cant you get wristbands that don’t have nickel @Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<?

How does one get approval to tour the White House and the Pentagon @Ahhh Girl? Do they ring you up and ask if you’d like to walk about?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

4 May 2016
2.55pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
6296sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
Ahhh Mom and I received approval to tour the White House and the Pentagon. Woohoo!

That’s really cool. I’ve been to D.C. twice, but never have taken the White House tour. 

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

4 May 2016
2.59pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
6297sp_Permalink sp_Print

My great grandma is going to Washington DC next week. I have never been there but I think it would be cool. 

4 May 2016
3.51pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
6298sp_Permalink sp_Print

I bought myself two really cool Beatles wristbands, but they’ve given me a massive allergic reaction even my antihistamines couldn’t stop. Apparently, there’s nickel in in the snaps.

Any chance you could convert them into more bling for your jacket? Or does that defeat the purpose of the purchase?

Ahhh Girl said

Very cool, AG! Are you having a chair custom fitted for the Oval Office while you are there? It’s never too early to plan ahead for 2020.

*coughrunningmatecough*

Beatlebug

4 May 2016
4.45pm
Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1435
6299sp_Permalink sp_Print

Starr Shine? said

I haz a sad… 

Take the nickel out.

I’m talking about nickel (Ni). Not A nickel ($0.05)…. a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

The following people thank Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^< for this post:

pepperland

Formerly Known As JPM-Fangirl --Paul-Badge.png 2016

'Out There' - 07-06-2015 - Ziggo Dome Amsterdam -- 'One On One' - 12-06-2016 - Pinkpop Festival Landgraaf

4 May 2016
5.12pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
6300sp_Permalink sp_Print

To go on the White House tour, you send an email to your Member of Congress who then sends you a form to fill out that asks for your basic information (name, social security number, etc.) and the dates you are available to go on the tour. The form has to be sent in many months in advance. I would assume someone does a background check on you. Then, you get an email saying if you are approved or not.

The tour of the Pentagon can be scheduled through the Member of Congress too, but I applied for the tour via the Pentagon’s website.

Hum, would I want to be president? I’d have less time to be on the forum, but I might have a better chance of meeting Paul and Ringo. Hey, I could have a command performance with them playing and singing together. I could sell tickets and pay off some of the national debt.

Beatlebug, Zig
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22223, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694