Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
27 November 2015
6.33am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4901sp_Permalink sp_Print

I wonder when they’ll realize that workers work better with reasonable hours instead of having workers be worked stupid and lose money cause of that.

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

trcanberra, HongKongLady, sigh butterfly

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

28 November 2015
4.18pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
4902sp_Permalink sp_Print

On a more positive note – only 1 week until @HongKongLady flies out on her holiday to Oz 🙂

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, HongKongLady, Mr. Kite, sigh butterfly

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

29 November 2015
4.09am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4903sp_Permalink sp_Print

Speaking of work; I’m still on my Kinks kick:

Making decisions that affect no one
Stuck in the office from nine until five
Life is so incredibly dull
Working from nine to five

Oh nine to five, nine to five
Working from nine to five

And time goes by
The hours tick away
First seconds, then minutes
Then hours into days

Each day, each week
Seems just like any other
All work, no play
It’s just another day

He’s caught in a mass of computerized trivia
Deciphering data for mechanical minds
He’s lost in the paperwork and up to his eyes
He’s checking a list that’s been checked out before
And he’s starting to lose his mind

Linde, Beatlebug, ewe2, sigh butterfly

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

29 November 2015
12.39pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
4904sp_Permalink sp_Print

Busy with Sinterklaas which is next Saturday and I bought Coldplay tickets last Friday! Also had a few parties last week, met up with friends etc. Sometimes my social life is empty and then all of a sudden you have everything at once.

The following people thank Linde for this post:

Beatlebug, trcanberra, Little Piggy Dragonguy
29 November 2015
2.44pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944

According to the weather forecast it was meant to stop raining over two hours ago. Its still feckin’ raining. Sometimes they’d be more accurate if they just stuck some paper in a hat with types of weather written on and pulled them out at random.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

29 November 2015
3.11pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4906sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ Or stuck their heads out the window more often to check.

29 November 2015
9.58pm
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3025
4907sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve been doing a charming thing called Work For The Dole here (I believe the Dark Lord in the UK has something similar), and I’ve been doing some simple telemarketing for a charity but today I got canvassed for a more direct to business sales thing which is new for me and a bit exciting too. Never hurts to put that on the resume I keep flogging around all the time 😀

I'm like Necko only I'm a bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin and also everyone. Or is everyone me? Now I'm a confused bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin everyone who is definitely not @Joe.  This has been true for 2016 & 2017 Sig-Badge.png but I may have to get more specific in the future.

aus-flag-v-small.png

29 November 2015
10.41pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4908sp_Permalink sp_Print

ewe2 said
I’ve been doing a charming thing called Work For The Dole here (I believe the Dark Lord in the UK has something similar), and I’ve been doing some simple telemarketing for a charity but today I got canvassed for a more direct to business sales thing which is new for me and a bit exciting too. Never hurts to put that on the resume I keep flogging around all the time 😀

They put me on the same scheme – there was lifting involved and I was flat on my back for a week.

I’m considering telling them to put their “Mutual Obligation” where the sun don’t shine – none of the nonsense they come up with is doing anything to get me some work in any of the areas I have heaps of skills in.

And I won’t tell you what I think of telemarketers calling in the middle of dinner 😉

29 November 2015
11.37pm
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
4909sp_Permalink sp_Print

I would never consent to calling people at dinner time, that’s horrible. We’re trying to get information out there, not soliciting for donations but unfortunately people have been so burned by telemarketers that they often just hang up on you anyway. I don’t blame them. And no WFD scheme is allowed to make you do physical work you can’t do, but unfortunately you don’t get a choice where they put you a lot of the time. At the moment they’re just desperate to put people somewhere at all, so it’s a bit of a mess.

I'm like Necko only I'm a bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin and also everyone. Or is everyone me? Now I'm a confused bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin everyone who is definitely not @Joe.  This has been true for 2016 & 2017 Sig-Badge.png but I may have to get more specific in the future.

aus-flag-v-small.png

29 November 2015
11.46pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4910sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s free labour for many of their constituents and forces some people off the benefit so it achieves twin goals.

All part of demonizing the unemployed.

ewe2

30 November 2015
11.01am
b
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 1

SPECTOR_0001.jpgImage Enlarger

Elvis?

Phil Spector?

Bootleg?

You decide.

How do you spot a bootleg of something?

I wouldn’t dream of posting anything Phil Spector here except for his Beatles connection, plus, there may be an Elvis connection…so a double-Beatles sort of thing.

Last night I found a 78 rpm in a Decca sleeve for a Value Hit Parade Tunes label album where the songs on the label don’t match the songs when you play the record.  Instead, atop the orig. label on coarse, white tape (almost like medical tape), the correct titles are listed.

On side one: 161-A: (the tape labels read) Beep Beep, Queen of the Hop

On side two: 161-B: (the tape labels read) To Know Him is to Love (sic.), I Got Stung

I only have a 33 to try it on, but it’s very definitely The Teddy Bears’ “To Know Him is to Love Him”.

And having tried “I Got Stung” on the 33 it’s fairly plausibly Elvis.

(I’m guessing “Queen of the Hop” is Bobby Darin since all the other songs date to ’58, and “Beep Beep” would be by the Playmates.)

I can’t find it anywhere on the net, but maybe I’m not looking where I should be, lol!

*****There are no better record sleuths in the world than Beatles fans.*****

Did I find a junk record or might there be something there?

(If only it were a “something”… I’d start a waterfowl rescue, please, oh, please…)

It’s not in mint condition (in fact, 80% of the records it was in with had been snapped to bits and it’s been in a 2nd-hand shop for a year now.)

Thanks so much!

b

30 November 2015
3.56pm
natureaker
Blue Jay Way
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1477
4912sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh, and remember that conversation about snow a few days back? Yeah, you’ll never guess what happened while I was waiting for the bus

It was snowinga-hard-days-night-ringo-6

giphy-2.gifImage Enlarger

Well, the snow didn’t actually stick to the ground, so it doesn’t count as making it winter!

So yeah, that’s the most exciting thing* happening recently. Luckily, not much is happening this week, so I can preserve more energy for next week because of auditions for the play.

*Ok, maybe not that exciting. I literally saw white things and questioned what was happening until I realized it was snow

The following people thank natureaker for this post:

sigh butterfly
30 November 2015
7.13pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4913sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ 35C here today. Here we go again 🙂

1 December 2015
5.03am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
4914sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ll swap you for the cold and rain.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

HongKongLady

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

1 December 2015
5.18am
HongKongLady
Oz
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1640
4915sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here in Hong Kong getting cold too

The following people thank HongKongLady for this post:

trcanberra
1 December 2015
7.15am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
4916sp_Permalink sp_Print

I get wildly fluctuating weather.

trcanberra

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

1 December 2015
12.31pm
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
4917sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s right cold now, desert weather seems to be the go this summer. I know its 5.30am (I had an early sleep) but 7c is a bit much.

aus-flag-v-small.png

1 December 2015
3.37pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4918sp_Permalink sp_Print

ewe2 said
It’s right cold now, desert weather seems to be the go this summer. I know its 5.30am (I had an early sleep) but 7c is a bit much.

Yes, we went from 35 yesterday to 22 today – crazy!

1 December 2015
3.41pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
4919sp_Permalink sp_Print

ahdn_paul_06 Could it be that Australasia weather is becoming the same as the northern part of the planet?!

trcanberra

1 December 2015
5.49pm
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
4920sp_Permalink sp_Print

We’re just having these wild extremes more often, in VIctoria we’re not getting the kind of summer where the heat just keeps building over a week with 40c a day, its high thirties for two days then rain and two cool days and back again.

The following people thank ewe2 for this post:

trcanberra

aus-flag-v-small.png

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690