Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
25 November 2015
9.26am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4881sp_Permalink sp_Print

I suppose it was a confession, mmm. LOL.

Zig, there are too many deer. I’ve seen several on the side of the road this year that have been killed by cars.

25 November 2015
9.55am
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
4882sp_Permalink sp_Print

I know what you mean, AG – I pass at least five carcasses on my way to work every day. It’s a bit disturbing that they are not removed from the roadside as swiftly as they should be. I sometimes struggle with the phrase “too many deer”. Sometimes, I can’t help but wonder whether it’s too many deer or not enough of their habitat.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

25 November 2015
10.05am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4883sp_Permalink sp_Print

Suppose it depends on if you’re a driver or a deer.

25 November 2015
10.15am
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4884sp_Permalink sp_Print

Image Enlarger

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

25 November 2015
10.30am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
4885sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said

It’s a bit disturbing that they are not removed from the roadside as swiftly as they should be

One thing that can speed that up is if more people ate road kill.

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

Necko

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

25 November 2015
10.35am
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4886sp_Permalink sp_Print

True. But, if you don’t gut it right away, it becomes a bit gamey. Or so I’ve been told. ahdn_paul_02

25 November 2015
7.21pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
4887sp_Permalink sp_Print

The other night, as I was doing my pre-going-to-bed Forumramble, Silly Mum asked me, ‘What’ve you been doing?’ 

‘Wasting my time,’ I answered, ‘in an enjoyable way.’ 

She then proceeded to read me a lecture about how I mustn’t be on here, we have so much to do, and who cares about that crap anyway? (Her words, not mine.) 

I didn’t even dignify that with an answer; I just stalked off. I haven’t even spent that much time on here lately. a-hard-days-night-paul-3 

a-hard-days-night-ringo-15 a-hard-days-night-john-7 ! ! ! ! 

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

25 November 2015
10.40pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
4888sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ Better not tell her how much time I spend playing video games – and reading your posts 🙂

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

Beatlebug

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

26 November 2015
8.01pm
HongKongLady
Oz
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1640
4889sp_Permalink sp_Print

Today is my brother funeral is so sad he is too young 

The following people thank HongKongLady for this post:

trcanberra
26 November 2015
8.06pm
HongKongLady
Oz
Candlestick Park
Members
4890sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m in my bed at this moment my boss ask me to take a rest because I’m not feeling well too much pain physical and emotional

trcanberra
26 November 2015
8.29pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4891sp_Permalink sp_Print

HongKongLady said
Today is my brother funeral is so sad he is too young 

Hope all is as well as it can be with you and your family on this difficult day.

HongKongLady

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

26 November 2015
8.30pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4892sp_Permalink sp_Print

HongKongLady said
I’m in my bed at this moment my boss ask me to take a rest because I’m not feeling well too much pain physical and emotional

Hope you are feeling better soon.

heart

HongKongLady

26 November 2015
8.34pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4893sp_Permalink sp_Print

I hope you can get some rest and start getting your strength back soon, HKL.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

trcanberra, HongKongLady
27 November 2015
3.15am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944

HongKongLady said

Surely your boss gives you a few paid days off due to your brothers death and funeral @HongKongLady. If not i’d tell him to ram his job until he needs surgery to get it removed.

I know, different countries and culture but there comes a point where human decency kicks in. 

Hope everything went as well as it could for the funeral and you get well soon.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

HongKongLady, trcanberra

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

27 November 2015
3.19am
HongKongLady
Oz
Candlestick Park
Members
4895sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

HongKongLady said

Surely your boss gives you a few paid days off due to your brothers death and funeral @HongKongLady. If not i’d tell him to ram him job until he needs surgery to get it removed.

I know, different countries and culture but there comes a point where human decency kicks in. 

I’m continue working mmm thanks for your nice thoughts

trcanberra
27 November 2015
3.23am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

meanmistermustard said

HongKongLady said

Surely your boss gives you a few paid days off due to your brothers death and funeral @HongKongLady. If not i’d tell him to ram his job until he needs surgery to get it removed.

As discussed at various times in this thread; unfortunately there is very little human decency involved where Overseas Workers are concerned.

And no, there is no paid leave for anything other than personal medical emergencies – and even they are limited in scope.

[EDIT] HKL sent me a copy of her work contract a while back as I couldn’t believe how badly she is treated sometimes – it was even worse than I feared in terms of lack of any real protections for the many overseas workers in Hong Kong.

meanmistermustard

27 November 2015
3.35am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Is it easy to get a job if you’re an oversees worker in HK? Is it possible to just quit and in a few days go work for someone else? Not suggesting it, just asking. You forget how good we have it here in the UK and elsewhere when it comes to rights.

HongKongLady

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

27 November 2015
3.43am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4898sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Is it easy to get a job if you’re an oversees worker in HK? Is it possible to just quit and in a few days go work for someone else? Not suggesting it, just asking. You forget how good we have it here in the UK and elsewhere when it comes to rights.

Afraid not. You are tied to a particular employer with your Hong Kong visa. If they let you go or you quit you generally have to return to your country of origin and find another employer via an agency – who will have you paying an enormous fee for the placement. The fee usually takes years to pay back (and you may still be paying the original agency back for your initial placement).

I was thinking about worker protection after your original comments – and yes, this is another area where those of us in the “West” can sometimes take things for granted. A lot of people find it fashionable to run down trade unions – without the industrial conflicts some of us were involved in we wouldn’t have many of the worker’s rights we enjoy now. Most of the workers around the world have no such protections and suffer appreciably as a result.

They are, not to put too fine a point on it, treated like dirt.

HongKongLady

27 November 2015
3.52am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

So do workers have any rights in HK or can you be treated like crap and not be able to do anything as you’re threatened with having to leave the country? And sorry but thats just stupid. 

In other news the UK with Andy Murray (and a few other tennis UK players hardly anyone will have heard of if our plan A of Andy Murray winning everything fails) are competing in the Davis Cup final over the weekend, starting today. And before anyone thinks i’m being mean, we’d be mad not to use that approach – play to your strengths.

HongKongLady

27 November 2015
4.18am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4900sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
So do workers have any rights in HK or can you be treated like crap and not be able to do anything as you’re threatened with having to leave the country? And sorry but thats just stupid. 

[SNIP].

That’s pretty much how it works.

There are a few minimal “protections” in the contract – but nothing even as basic as how many hours a day you can be made to work; so 16 hours a day is pretty much the norm, 6 days a week. Most of the workers there are of course supporting families back “home” – they see them so rarely that marriages break up regularly and kids get alienated – but at least they are fed and educated.

Even in this sorry state they are better off than most workers in the rest of the Third World.

HongKongLady

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690