Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
1 September 2015
11.17am
HongKongLady
Oz
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1640
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4201sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
I have just resigned from a job due to my knee, cannot do the work required. Two more I have. a-hard-days-night-paul-3

Will our trusty hero still have the other two jobs? Find out next week. Same place. Same time.

Good luck mmm I hope your knee is getting better 

The following people thank HongKongLady for this post:

trcanberra, sigh butterfly, Matt Busby
1 September 2015
5.23pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
4202sp_Permalink sp_Print

HongKongLady said

meanmistermustard said
I have just resigned from a job due to my knee, cannot do the work required. Two more I have. a-hard-days-night-paul-3

Will our trusty hero still have the other two jobs? Find out next week. Same place. Same time.

Good luck mmm I hope your knee is getting better 

And so say all of us …

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

sigh butterfly

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

1 September 2015
5.40pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4203sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, this takes me back.

Many many years ago I supported my university studies by working nights as a telephone operator (yes, THAT long ago).

Just this week I have been helping @HongKongLady adjust to some new school times the kids she looks after in her job have by giving her a wake-up call at 6.00am HK time. I’m sure her internal clock will adjust to an earlier start soon; but it’s kind of fun – even if the phone ringing so early the first time I called scared the socks off her (well, it would have if she had been wearing socks in the summer heat there)  🙂

HongKongLady

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

1 September 2015
6.26pm
natureaker
Blue Jay Way
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1477
4204sp_Permalink sp_Print

Today, as some of you may know, I started middle school today. It went surprisingly better than I thought, and I only got lost going to all most of my classes. Though, the whole day the teachers were explaining our schedules, and putting us in seats in alphabetical order. Every. Single. Class. But, I didn’t get lost getting to the bus, bathroom, or cafeteria, which I guess is something… And the second the French teacher told us we had to ask to go to the bathroom in French if we have to go, the entire class has a heart attack, myself included. And for those wondering about 21st Century skills *cough* Ahhh Girl *cough cough* I wont be going to that class for a good week, which would be really complicated to explain, because nobody can really explain the school schedule.

Otherwise, it went quite well 🙂

The following people thank natureaker for this post:

trcanberra, Ahhh Girl, Matt Busby, Beatlebug
2 September 2015
6.33am
Wigwam
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1913
4205sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said
Well, this takes me back.

Many many years ago I supported my university studies by working nights as a telephone operator (yes, THAT long ago).

Just this week I have been helping @HongKongLady adjust to some new school times the kids she looks after in her job have by giving her a wake-up call at 6.00am HK time. I’m sure her internal clock will adjust to an earlier start soon; but it’s kind of fun – even if the phone ringing so early the first time I called scared the socks off her (well, it would have if she had been wearing socks in the summer heat there)  🙂

You spoil that girl………But from what i’ve just read…..I think she deserves it.

I’m sitting here while my cleaning lady gets to work………I always feel guilty and join in….But I’ve done the little bits I’m responsible for, so now I’m on my lap-top and keeping out from under her feet!

This lady is from Cambodia she and her husband work in a restaurant in my condo complex……..They work hard sending their money home for their son. He’s 2 years old, she left him with her mother when he was 5 months. Once a year she manages to get home to see him but he cries and won’t go to her……… because he doesn’t know her……Must be heartbreaking!

The other sad factor is…… this lady is 28 years old……..She has the most beautiful face and smile……She has a wonderful demeanour……..and the top half of her body is petite …..However, as a result of some rogue  Cambodian drug trial the bottom half of her body and legs are hobbit-like……enormous feet and thick powerful ‘out of balance’ legs………She’s conscious it’s disfiguring…..But she’s open about it and hides her shyness with smiles…. 

When I was at my most befuddled with dizziness she noticed the difference in me before anyone……..And offered, ‘You phone down and we bring you food your room keung ‘Wigwam’. OK you not worry.’

When I hear stories like HKL’s….. and see how much of a struggle life is for my cleaning lady……..(Who’s always chipper and never gets the mulligrubs)…..I thank my lucky stars.

Hope trc and HKL work out. 

The following people thank Wigwam for this post:

trcanberra, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, Starr Shine?, HongKongLady, Matt Busby
2 September 2015
3.38pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
4206sp_Permalink sp_Print

First day of my American Literature class today… same as last year’s World Lit which you may have heard me mention previously, only different reading material. Mostly returning students and t’was nice to see everyone again. 

Proudly flaunted this t-shirt 

jpg.jpg

and was told I have an ‘impeccable fashion sense’. a-hard-days-night-john-1 Though I don’t think it was because of the shirt… ahdn_paul_01

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Matt Busby

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

2 September 2015
5.01pm
georgiewood
In my tree
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 792
4207sp_Permalink sp_Print

I thought you went to school in your basement.  Who are these other “students,” and who is commenting on your fashion sense?a-hard-days-night-ringo-4

The following people thank georgiewood for this post:

Beatlebug

I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did'.
Kurt Vonnegut, Timequake, 1997

2 September 2015
5.34pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
4208sp_Permalink sp_Print

georgiewood said
I thought you went to school in your basement.  Who are these other “students,” and who is commenting on your fashion sense?a-hard-days-night-ringo-4

Little Girl

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

georgiewood, trcanberra, natureaker, Beatlebug

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

2 September 2015
5.39pm
georgiewood
In my tree
Hollywood Bowl
Members
4209sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ Bwahaha!

trcanberra, Starr Shine?

I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did'.

2 September 2015
5.44pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
4210sp_Permalink sp_Print

L5-S1: Bilateral L5 spondylolysis noted with trace spondylolisthesis. Mild disc desiccation and
moderate bilateral facet arthrosis. 2.5 mm disc osteophyte complex with prominent far lateral
components. No spinal canal narrowing. There is mild bilateral neural foraminal narrowing with the
disc closely approximating the bilateral exited L5 nerve roots.

Impression:

L5-S1 disc desiccation and disc osteophyte complex with mild bilateral neural foraminal narrowing.
The disc contacts the bilateral exited L5 nerve roots. No spinal canal narrowing. There is
bilateral L5 spondylolysis with trace spondylolisthesis.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Matt Busby
2 September 2015
5.47pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
4211sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 @Ahhh Girl, can i get a translation in English for dummies? I have no idea what all that means.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

2 September 2015
6.15pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
4212sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Girl, can i get a translation in English for dummies? I have no idea what all that means.

Google translate shall help you!

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

2 September 2015
6.21pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4213sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
L5-S1: Bilateral L5 spondylolysis noted with trace spondylolisthesis. Mild disc desiccation and
moderate bilateral facet arthrosis. 2.5 mm disc osteophyte complex with prominent far lateral
components. No spinal canal narrowing. There is mild bilateral neural foraminal narrowing with the
disc closely approximating the bilateral exited L5 nerve roots.

Impression:

L5-S1 disc desiccation and disc osteophyte complex with mild bilateral neural foraminal narrowing.
The disc contacts the bilateral exited L5 nerve roots. No spinal canal narrowing. There is
bilateral L5 spondylolysis with trace spondylolisthesis.

Sounds like my scan results.

2 September 2015
6.22pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4214sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 @Ahhh Girl, can i get a translation in English for dummies? I have no idea what all that means.

Sore back 🙂

meanmistermustard

2 September 2015
6.24pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4215sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said

meanmistermustard said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Girl, can i get a translation in English for dummies? I have no idea what all that means.

Google translate shall help you!

Or maybe not …

2 September 2015
7.17pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4216sp_Permalink sp_Print

From what the doc said and I have read, I have a vertebra that has slipped out of place and is twisted (yeah, I’m sure you all are saying that you know I’m twisted). Add to that bone spurs that are being mean to my nerves. All that = PAIN.

trcanberra
2 September 2015
7.22pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
4217sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sounds nasty. Whats the prognosis for recovery?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

2 September 2015
7.43pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4218sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m looking at all the options to see what I should do.

trcanberra
2 September 2015
7.59pm
georgiewood
In my tree
Hollywood Bowl
Members
4219sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl, I have dealt with lower back injuries and conditions for many years in my professional life. Here is a nice description and video explaining the cause, effect and treatment for lumbar osteophytes causing disc/nerve impingement.  Good luck and all our best wishes.  heart

Ahhh Girl

2 September 2015
9.47pm
Wigwam
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1913
4220sp_Permalink sp_Print

Medical terms are mysterious, exclusive  and kind of scary sounding…….But they can be reasonably innocuous …For instance, the words coccydynia…..and, pygalgia…….have quite aptly been used to describe me……….(They both mean a pain in the arse!) 555.

I can’t think of many things worse than living with chronic back pain………Hopefully that will soon be a thing of the past. Your MRI began the road to your recovery…….

Good luck ‘R G’ and keep us all posted.

The following people thank Wigwam for this post:

trcanberra, Ahhh Girl
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690