Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
31 August 2015
7.34am
Wigwam
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1913
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4181sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good luck Matt……..

I know a bit about distant relationships myself…….Mine’s in Germany

It’s a long story but I’ll never marry again too old and selfish…….’Gin nam di sork’ suits me.

“Gin Nam Di Sork’ means ‘Drink water from the elbow’ I’ll leave you to work out the significance of that.

The following people thank Wigwam for this post:

Matt Busby
31 August 2015
8.23am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
4182sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wigwam said
Good luck Matt……..

I know a bit about distant relationships myself…….Mine’s in Germany

It’s a long story but I’ll never marry again too old and selfish…….’Gin nam di sork’ suits me.

“Gin Nam Di Sork’ means ‘Drink water from the elbow’ I’ll leave you to work out the significance of that.

That one has gone so far over my head it’s almost giving me a nosebleed.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

31 August 2015
9.33am
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 932
4183sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said
^ I really truly hope it all works out for the two of you this time, and appreciate your taking the time to share your story with us.

Being in one now, I know how distance relationships can be a challenge – but it sounds like you are both determined to make things work this time.

I’m cheering on the sidelines for you both!!

As am I for you guys…I thought of you when I mentioned the long distance thing, it can work. Thanks for the cheers!

The following people thank Matt Busby for this post:

trcanberra, HongKongLady

Half of what I say is meaningless...

I feel good in a special way, I'm in love and it's a sunny day

BeatlesBible.com earns royalties if you use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes

31 August 2015
10.58am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
4184sp_Permalink sp_Print

I should have gone several years ago when all this pain started. It is best to know exactly what the problem is. I’ve been doing stretches, but I could have been doing the wrong ones all along and aggravating the problem instead of helping it.

Hoping the best for you, Matt Busby, and all those who are in long-distance relationships.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

trcanberra, HongKongLady, Matt Busby
31 August 2015
11.03am
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
4185sp_Permalink sp_Print

Woah! Haven’t been on here in over two weeks.

I’ve been to a few parties and been out a couple of times the past few weeks so that was fun. A friend of mine moved to Japan for half a year to study there, so she threw a party, another friend of mine celebrated her birthday etc. etc. 

My internship is fun, don’t have much to do yet and I hate asking ”what can I do noooow?” all the time, but unfortunately I have to. I feel a bit useless but new jobs are always like that in the first few days or weeks.

The new schoolyear at uni also started today, and I’m in a new class, together with only 1 girl from my last one. We didn’t know anyone of this new class, and when we walked in it appeared they all knew each other already! Now, I already dislike coming in a room with a lot of people I don’t know, but it’s worse when they already know each other! That was quite awkward. My first impression is that most of them are pretty arrogant and not very nice. I hope I’m wrong but most of them definitely left that impression on me, especially when we had to do a few assignments together. I miss my old class, we had a great bond and we all knew each other really well. This new class will never be like that, especially since we only see each other on Mondays. I don’t understand why they split the classes. It’s like they split our class and another one and put one or two persons in other classes.

The following people thank Linde for this post:

trcanberra, Matt Busby
31 August 2015
12.37pm
Bongo
Somewhere In Time
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1916

Me? nothing……..

Screen-Shot-2022-10-04-at-7.52.07-PM.png   BEATLES Music gives me Eargasms!  apple01

31 August 2015
3.48pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
4187sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wishing you the best, @Ahhh Girl – hoping it is nothing serious. heart

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Ahhh Girl

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

31 August 2015
5.57pm
sigh butterfly
Sea of Green (near the Golden Gate)
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4798
4188sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi @Ahhh Girl, here is a little distraction that I thought you might enjoy today. The other Saturday my wife and I went over to visit her sister and family. After dinner my 10 year old niece came over and tugged on my sleeve. In her little soft voice she said “Uncle Steve, I heard you like The Beatles”. I said for sure and she invited me to come see something in her room. First thing I noticed was a little pillow on her bed that had a childlike version of the Beatles logo cross-stitched into the fabric. She pulled out her iPad and showed me her playlist, which consisted of the album 1 and another song which I soon learned was the prized possession of her collection. She played that song for me and we listened and both swayed along a bit to music. When the song finished she said excitedly “Do you see what the Beatles did there? All of the words in the title show up in different spots but in the last line they finally find each other – Here, There And Everywhere . That’s just amazing!”. I smiled and told her yes that is what the song is all about. We talked a little longer and while looking at the songs from 1, I mentioned that I hadn’t noticed before that there is only one George song on the album. She gave me a quizzical look and I realized that she knew nothing about The Beatles. I got up to go and kind of absent-mindedly picked up the little pillow on her bed. On the backside cross-stitched within a red heart were the words > I LOVE PAUL. I gave her a hug and promised to help build her Beatle Paul collection.

a-hard-days-night-paul-8

The following people thank sigh butterfly for this post:

trcanberra, AppleScruffJunior, Ahhh Girl, Merch, Wigwam, Beatlebug, Matt Busby

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead

31 August 2015
7.49pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4189sp_Permalink sp_Print

Aw, she has so much to learn from her Uncle Steve. Her heart is in the right place. Her mind will follow. Tell her “hi” from me the next time you see her.

sigh butterfly
31 August 2015
8.23pm
Wigwam
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1913
4190sp_Permalink sp_Print

Great story SB…….And I never noticed the words coming together at last………..So thank her for me.

The following people thank Wigwam for this post:

sigh butterfly, Matt Busby
1 September 2015
2.59am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
4191sp_Permalink sp_Print

Too many of us fighting off some bug or pain or other. Persistent head cold here; not feeling too bad but the nose is looking like Rudolph’s from too much dabbing with the tissues.

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

Beatlebug

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

1 September 2015
8.05am
HongKongLady
Oz
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1640
4192sp_Permalink sp_Print

Matt Busby said

trcanberra said
^ I really truly hope it all works out for the two of you this time, and appreciate your taking the time to share your story with us.

Being in one now, I know how distance relationships can be a challenge – but it sounds like you are both determined to make things work this time.

I’m cheering on the sidelines for you both!!

As am I for you guys…I thought of you when I mentioned the long distance thing, it can work. Thanks for the cheers!

No matter how long distance it is, you just keep in touch often then later on you can feel your getting get closer,  and you really feel how much you need to each other 🙂 love is in the air beatlemaniacs_02_gif

The following people thank HongKongLady for this post:

sigh butterfly, trcanberra, Matt Busby
1 September 2015
8.07am
HongKongLady
Oz
Candlestick Park
Members
4193sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said
Too many of us fighting off some bug or pain or other. Persistent head cold here; not feeling too bad but the nose is looking like Rudolph’s from too much dabbing with the tissues.

I hope that red nose will be better soon

trcanberra
1 September 2015
8.37am
HongKongLady
Oz
Candlestick Park
Members
4194sp_Permalink sp_Print

Life is soo unfair but life must go on, I would like to share my story life,  I was got married at age of 18 my  marriage life was terrible because of my ex husband, he drunk every day and was addicted with the drugs he always hit me and fighting with me, year 2000 I was working in the Middle East it was my first time been far away from my kids,  every day I’m crying because I missed my kids my contract is two years but my employer was sent me back home to the Philippines after one year because of the war, but when I’m got home I was really surprised because my ex husband has a gf and my wedding ring he gave to his gf and all the money I sent every month he just spent to his gf not to my kids,  I really want to get out of the house that time and leave them but I’m worried with my kids I decided to stay and forgiven my ex husband,  I thought he change because I forgiven him, but he still same drunk every day hit me and fighting with me, He almost kill me then I decided to apply Hong Kong because my salary not enough for the expenses, I thought my ex husband is change because I’m working abroad, but he is getting worst every time I go home for holiday only two weeks he still fighting with me and hit me, year 2010 I decided my self to get divorced my ex husband this is the story of my life,  because of my kids I’m still here in Hong Kong I want them to finish their school and thank God my eldest daughter she is graduated civil engineer and have stable job

trcanberra, Wigwam, Matt Busby
1 September 2015
9.42am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4195sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m glad you are out of that bad marriage, HKL. trc will treat you much better…the way a lady should be treated. I hope the best for your son. Let’s all hope he doesn’t turn out like his dad. Does he have better male role models in his life?

MRI is over. I will get the results tomorrow.

HongKongLady, sigh butterfly, trcanberra, Wigwam
1 September 2015
9.50am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
4196sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have just resigned from a job due to my knee, cannot do the work required. Two more I have. a-hard-days-night-paul-3

Will our trusty hero still have the other two jobs? Find out next week. Same place. Same time.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

1 September 2015
9.52am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4197sp_Permalink sp_Print

Best of luck to you, mmm, with the other two jobs. Have you seen a doctor about your knee?

1 September 2015
9.55am
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
4198sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Fingers crossed.

meanmistermustard said
I have just resigned from a job due to my knee, cannot do the work required. Two more I have. a-hard-days-night-paul-3

Will our trusty hero still have the other two jobs? Find out next week. Same place. Same time.

Sorry to hear about the bad knee.

My money is on our trusty hero – I have faith in him.

The following people thank Zig for this post:

trcanberra

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

1 September 2015
10.06am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
4199sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
Best of luck to you, mmm, with the other two jobs. Have you seen a doctor about your knee?

Yip. He thinks its something to do with one of the two joints in the kneecap. Going to see a physio one day (waiting for appointment) and then will take it from there. Could be a simple matter of a course of exercises or something more. Won’t know until the time comes.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

1 September 2015
11.14am
HongKongLady
Oz
Candlestick Park
Members
4200sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
I’m glad you are out of that bad marriage, HKL. trc will treat you much better…the way a lady should be treated. I hope the best for your son. Let’s all hope he doesn’t turn out like his dad. Does he have better male role models in his life?

Thank you @Ahhh Girl yes he has, I hope the result of your MRI is fine

trcanberra
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690