Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
28 August 2015
2.44am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4161sp_Permalink sp_Print

UnidentifiedFiendishThingy said
Its been a small while since I’ve been on because of school and also this weird situation that I’m in with a girl. We’re pretty much dating and have been for a while and we both love each other but she doesn’t want to get actually serious with anything because she’s really religious and I guess you could say I’m an agnostic but I dont really care about religion that much. So yeah its really weird. We do things that basically any couple would do but we just havent called ourselves that yet.

Anyways, today was an interesting day because in Advanced Drama class the teacher had us do this meditation sort of thing to like clear our minds and prepare to take on a character. That was a really cool, weird, and also somewhat scary experience that I am still recovering from and I really don’t feel myself right now and havent for a few days so if this post makes no sense then thats why

Thanks for the update.

“Quietly religious” and “really religious” – I’d go for the former rather than the latter. I speak from the experience of a bitter divorce that came about partly through significant religious differences which grew wider over time. Just my 2-cents and everyone’s mileage will of course vary. While you may not care about religion much “really religious” people obviously do and if they fail to convert you (and many will try) it can get quite awkward.

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

Beatlebug

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

28 August 2015
9.11am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944

I just felt a burning in my bad knee after i moved it and its now very sore and feels like liquid is moving. It will be nothing, just feels highly unpleasant.

I’m sure you all wanted to read that.a-hard-days-night-paul-7a-hard-days-night-paul-3

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

28 August 2015
3.03pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181

*puts on ASJ hat*

My teeth hurt. I have metal cages all over them. And I can’t chew. And it looks like I’ll eat naught put pea soup for the next two years of my life.  Or at least the next two weeks. And I wish all orthodontists would go to Old Scratch. 

Other than that, I’m simply grand a-hard-days-night-paul-10

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

29 August 2015
1.44am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

Preparation for the house sale continues. Garden done today, external windows and walls will be cleaned with a high-pressure hose on Tuesday – which will also “de-cobwebify”. Internal clearing begins Monday after the 3 former ladies of the house have had a chance to remove residual belongings. Way too much clutter but I will do what I can to clear it before the house goes on the market on Friday next week. This is an external view of the place:

image-266c2c9d54d2b9c28452975d5db14c5270df21d94ad42d24c5c8cdeb777f190e-V.jpgImage Enlarger

HongKongLady, natureaker, sigh butterfly

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

29 August 2015
2.20am
Oudis
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1491
4165sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beautiful house @trcanberra! Good luck selling it!

The following people thank Oudis for this post:

trcanberra

Forsan et haec olim meminisse juvabit” (“Perhaps one day it will be a pleasure to look back on even this”; Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 1, line 203, where Aeneas says this to his men after the shipwreck that put them on the shores of Africa)

29 August 2015
5.18am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
4166sp_Permalink sp_Print

Silly Girl said
*puts on ASJ hat*

My teeth hurt. I have metal cages all over them. And I can’t chew. And it looks like I’ll eat naught put pea soup for the next two years of my life.  Or at least the next two weeks. And I wish all orthodontists would go to Old Scratch. 

Other than that, I’m simply grand a-hard-days-night-paul-10

Is Silly Girl becoming me? Am I turning SG into a typical Irish teenager (although thankfully you don’t say “I done it” or “I seen it” like 90% of everyone else).

Find out on next week’s episode.

IML: My friend is coming over to play Monopoly with me (I know I’m a wild gal, wooooo!).

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Beatlebug

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

29 August 2015
7.29am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
4167sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh yes, some of ye may remember my brother’s Beatles project that he did for Leaving Cert History (he did have a lot of help from me so I’m claiming 95% of the credit for it a-hard-days-night-paul-11). Well he went to view his scripts today and he got 99/100 on it a-hard-days-night-john-6.

You’re welcome brother!

Anyone who wants to read it, I’ll happily send on a copy of it through PM (if I can find it). It’s on The Beatles’ concerts in Dublin.

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

29 August 2015
6.42pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4168sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oudis said
Beautiful house trcanberra! Good luck selling it!

Thanks. I start clearing today to get it ready for the photographer to come and take inside shots for the internet ads. Then more clearing for the open house inspections for potential buyers.

I hope there is enough room in the garage to dump the clutter 🙂

30 August 2015
4.10am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4169sp_Permalink sp_Print

Life continues, in the Chinese sense, to be “interesting”.

One of my son’s friends turned up at the door a couple of hours ago in just a t-shirt and shorts on a rather cold afternoon and announced he had run away from home. It seems there is quite a history – and the police have been involved on occasion.

So; I’ve fed him (the pizza mentioned in another thread) and will put him up for the night. I have given him some money to get to school tomorrow so he can see the counsellor and hopefully access some long-term assistance.

While we have had our ups and downs as a family I am thankful none of my kids has been in that sort of situation.

meanmistermustard, Ahhh Girl, HongKongLady, sigh butterfly

30 August 2015
7.07am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4170sp_Permalink sp_Print

That was very nice of you @trcanberra. Hopefully all can be sorted for the better of the individuals

Its especially pleasing to know that the kid knew he could go somewhere safe to escape and get some assistance instead of just leaving home and disappearing into the night.

You’re a good man.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

HongKongLady

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

30 August 2015
5.28pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

meanmistermustard said
That was very nice of you trcanberra. Hopefully all can be sorted for the better of the individuals

Its especially pleasing to know that the kid knew he could go somewhere safe to escape and get some assistance instead of just leaving home and disappearing into the night.

You’re a good man.

Cheers. He has just finished his breakfast and is off to school now – hopefully the counselor there can get him some accommodation and help him get some things sorted out.

On the home front I’m fighting off a head cold and eying the last two rooms that need to be cleared pending the house sale.

30 August 2015
5.38pm
natureaker
Blue Jay Way
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1477
4172sp_Permalink sp_Print

Slowly getting prepared for the first day of school on Tuesday. Also surprised at the fact I need 6 binders, and almost 30 tab dividers in total. We only have about 13 of those. Thank god we don’t have to have all of our supplies on the first day!

30 August 2015
5.44pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4173sp_Permalink sp_Print

natureaker said
Slowly getting prepared for the first day of school on Tuesday. Also surprised at the fact I need 6 binders, and almost 30 tab dividers in total. We only have about 13 of those. Thank god we don’t have to have all of our supplies on the first day!

Hope it all goes well. I sympathise on the binders. Every time my son gives me his start of year stationery list I say “You need how many? …” 🙂

natureaker

30 August 2015
6.30pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
4174sp_Permalink sp_Print

Spinal MRI coming up Tuesday morning. Not looking forward to it. But, maybe it will reveal something that will end up helping me get rid of this pain.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Matt Busby
30 August 2015
7.46pm
georgiewood
In my tree
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 792
4175sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
Spinal MRI coming up Tuesday morning. Not looking forward to it. But, maybe it will reveal something that will end up helping me get rid of this pain.

Oh, sorry to hear that Ahhh Girl. The MRI itself is a piece of cake. Sure hope you find something that will help you get better. heart

I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did'.
Kurt Vonnegut, Timequake, 1997

30 August 2015
7.48pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4176sp_Permalink sp_Print

MRI’s are nothing to worry about. You lie there and listen to the radio whilst they do their thing. I feel asleep during mine.

All the best and I hope they discover what it is that is causing you the discomfort.

30 August 2015
8.22pm
Wigwam
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1913
4177sp_Permalink sp_Print

Getting it sorted is the right thing……….Good luck.

30 August 2015
9.55pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4178sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

I hope it’s something simple like just finding the right stretching exercises.

31 August 2015
6.46am
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 932

Big stuff going on in my life these days!

First, I’d like to say that I’ve been really really stressed out for a couple of weeks, hardly sleeping and feeling rushed all the time – I have had anxiety problems since I was a toddler and I’ve done a lot of hard work, have gotten a lot better, but it still impacts my life. I’m saying this as a preface to an apology if I’ve offended anyone, or breached etiquette, or whatever. Maybe it’s just my insecurity – nobody’s said anything to me like I’ve done something wrong, but I feel like maybe I have.

Of course I’ve said my share of stupid things and made mistakes on posts – but it’s all a learning process and I’m so grateful to this place because 1) the amount of Beatles knowledge is amazing and 2) there are a lot of people who share my passion for music in general, in terms of learning about its evolution, who was influenced by whom, etc.

Back in June 2014 when I went to Abbey Road on the River the first time, my true love and ex-2nd wife had gotten back together with me, and I posted here about it. That only lasted a month before she said she just didn’t have room for a relationship in her life at the time. When she abruptly dropped me, it finally sank in that pining for her wasn’t the way to live, and I accepted that she probably wouldn’t be in my life again. So it turned out to be a good thing in some ways.

Over the last week, we’ve been chatting with each other. She was particularly (and painfully, we both cried when we talked through it) honest with me about what she was going through back in 2008-09 when we lived together and were married. One reason she came out and married me was because she thought running from her troubles would leave them behind – well she learned, as we all do eventually, that it doesn’t work that way. I had come to accept that I was one of the lucky people who had found my true love and spent some time together, and just the time we’d had together was great even if it was over. It turns out that she was discovering during the 6 years since our divorce that I was her true love. Some of you may understand what it’s like to try to convince yourself that you don’t care for someone anymore, when you really still do. Well that’s what she (and I) had been doing. Und so weiter…

So as of last weekend, we’re officially together again. She lives about 4000km away, so we’re not physically together yet of course!!!!!!!! I’m in Ohio, she’s in Seattle Washington. We’re just taking the attitude that by amazing fate, we’ve got one more chance to be together…if it doesn’t work, at least we’ll have had this chance rather than wonder the rest of our lives.

So anyway, sorry to gush about finding my true love again. Believing, for the first time with any real certainty – because she’s a full grown adult now (just to clarify, she was an adult then in age, but not in maturity) – that i am hers, but you know what they say – i want to shout it to the world (and you guys are the closest thing I have to the world 😉

Now to uncover the final results of the poll!!!

The following people thank Matt Busby for this post:

trcanberra, Wigwam, meanmistermustard, HongKongLady, natureaker, Beatlebug, sigh butterfly

Half of what I say is meaningless...

I feel good in a special way, I'm in love and it's a sunny day

BeatlesBible.com earns royalties if you use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes

31 August 2015
6.57am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4180sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ I really truly hope it all works out for the two of you this time, and appreciate your taking the time to share your story with us.

Being in one now, I know how distance relationships can be a challenge – but it sounds like you are both determined to make things work this time.

I’m cheering on the sidelines for you both!!

Matt Busby

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Sea Belt
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690