Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
4 July 2015
3.21pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3721sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wigwam said
There’s a great deal of poinking in ‘Spy’ the new comedy film.

saucepans can save your life.

Have a good time you two…..Just remember a great relationship is about adding two people together……Not subtracting one from the other.

I thought that movie was hilarious. Definitely recommend to anyone who’s looking for a movie to see.

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

4 July 2015
3.30pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
3722sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said

Also, I didn’t pass that stupid Law exam. It was digital so we could see the results immediately afterwards, and it wasn’t enough. Now I have to do it again somewhere in August, and I have to ask a day off at my new internship, which will not look good right in the first week.ahdn_paul_01Oh well, got no one but myself to blame, should’ve studied a bit harder.

Sorry to hear that Linde, my brother is studying Irish language and translation and he’s currently working as a lifeguard at our local swimming pool.

He failed 5 out of his 12 modules (how do you even?!?), so he has to do another essay and take 4 days off work to resit his exams, so I guess there’s always someone worse off… (I know that doesn’t help in any way but oh well a-hard-days-night-paul-7)

Get well soon and enjoy your summer break apple01

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

4 July 2015
3.31pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Wigwam said

Have a good time you two…..Just remember a great relationship is about adding two people together……Not subtracting one from the other.

I thought that movie was hilarious. Definitely recommend to anyone who’s looking for a movie to see.

I’d happily die if it was that or watching Melissa McCarthy in anything ever. I’d also be willing to bet that i’d laugh more and be in less pain having 9″ nails inserted into ever part of my body before i was flayed alive than watching one of her comedies.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

4 July 2015
3.41pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
3724sp_Permalink sp_Print

Speaking of films, I was looking at what films will be released over the next couple of months (it’s a fun website for Americans to laugh at because we get everything about a month after ye do, so torrents are quite popular over here) and there are some interesting and what look like god-awful movies coming out, including:

Another screen adaption of Macbeth 

Another of ‘The Jungle Book’

Yet again another ‘Alvin and the Chipmunks’ sequel (let it die!)

An ‘Angry Birds’ film (with Peter Dinklage- well this shall be interesting but most likely crap)

Another ‘Friday the 13th’ film

‘Tarzan’ again

Another ‘Ice Age’ film

And another adaption of Roald Dahl’s ‘The BFG’ (I hate the original animation- I’ve never got through it all and I own it on DVD, I get about 40 minutes in and decide I better not waste my life watching it)

It’s just a load of remakes and sequels coming out, Hollywood get your act together!

On the bright side ‘Pride and Prejudice and Zombies’ is being made into a film (I don’t know whether to say ‘yay’ or not a-hard-days-night-paul-4)

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

4 July 2015
3.50pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3725sp_Permalink sp_Print

I havent been to the cinema in years and i have no idea what the newest film i have seen is – might actually be ‘Skyfall’. I have no particular interest in watching them nor do i have any of the movie channels or streaming services so they pass me by.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

4 July 2015
3.56pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
3726sp_Permalink sp_Print

HongKongLady said
I can’t sleep!!!

Maybe because I’m on my way to HK 🙂

Currently on the coach from Canberra to Sydney Airport.

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

HongKongLady

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

4 July 2015
4.26pm
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5690
3727sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s my dad’s 65th birthday today. We’ve just got back from a party at his house, where I got talking to a woman from Wallasey (near Liverpool) who saw The Beatles once at the Cavern. She brought me her Beatles scrapbook which has a ton of magazine cuttings from 1963. Most are from the Beatles Book Monthly, but there were quite a few I’ve never seen before, from things like Boyfriend magazine which were presumably only published once and then forgotten about.

She lent me the scrapbook to scan in the pics, which I’ll do when I get the chance. It also has a set of autographs which were given to her by Tony Bramwell. They’re not genuine but might be by Mal or Neil, or even Tony himself. Again, I’ll scan it soon.

The thing that struck me was that this scrapbook, although special, really isn’t unique. There must be hundreds in dusty attics around the world that contain snippets from newspapers and magazines that haven’t been seen for half a century, but people don’t have the means or inclination to do anything with them. My aunt also lent me her Beatles scrapbook a while ago which has a similar array of goodies. I’ll go through that and share the good stuff soon.

The following people thank Joe for this post:

Linde, Mr. Kite, AppleScruffJunior, meanmistermustard, Merch, Necko, Ahhh Girl, Oudis, HongKongLady, Beatlebug

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

4 July 2015
4.32pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3728sp_Permalink sp_Print

I wouldnt be able to sleep if trcanberra was on his way to see me. A lot to plan like where to run to, how to not leave behind a trail, make sure you have enough supplies and money. 

In all seriousness have a safe flight @trcanberra and enjoy your time in Hong Kong. You’ve been before right so this is a return. How long are you over for? Will you be going to that McDonalds in person?

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Linde, HongKongLady

4 July 2015
4.34pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
3729sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Joe Happy birthday to your father! Well that sounds awesome, even if they aren’t unique. Not all pictures can be found on the internet, and like you said, you had not seen everything before. I’m curious what you will find and am looking forward to the material you will share!

The following people thank Linde for this post:

Joe
4 July 2015
4.36pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147

trcanberra said

HongKongLady said
I can’t sleep!!!

Have a great flight! a-hard-days-night-george-9

And a happy happy birthday to Joe’s dad! ahdn_george_01

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

HongKongLady, Joe

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

4 July 2015
4.38pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3731sp_Permalink sp_Print

Happy 65th birthday to your dad @Joe, i trust he had a great day.

Intrigued by the scrap book so will be interested and looking forward to what you decide to share.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Joe

4 July 2015
6.30pm
Oudis
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1491
3732sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

On the bright side ‘Pride and Prejudice and Zombies’ is being made into a film (I don’t know whether to say ‘yay’ or not a-hard-days-night-paul-4)

YAY! brian-epstein

Forsan et haec olim meminisse juvabit” (“Perhaps one day it will be a pleasure to look back on even this”; Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 1, line 203, where Aeneas says this to his men after the shipwreck that put them on the shores of Africa)

4 July 2015
7.30pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3733sp_Permalink sp_Print

‘Pride and Prejudice and Zombies’ cant be any worse than ‘Pride and Prejudice’, such a dull film/tv series.

4 July 2015
7.33pm
HongKongLady
Oz
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1640
3734sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said

HongKongLady said
I can’t sleep!!!

Have a safe trip @trcanberra see you next year!

The following people thank HongKongLady for this post:

trcanberra
4 July 2015
8.10pm
HongKongLady
Oz
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1640
3735sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think I should get out of my bed now and pack my things and get ready for my holiday its a beautiful day but too hot

The following people thank HongKongLady for this post:

trcanberra
4 July 2015
8.30pm
Wigwam
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1913
3736sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Wigwam said

I’d happily die if it was that or watching Melissa McCarthy in anything ever. I’d also be willing to bet that i’d laugh more and be in less pain having 9″ nails inserted into ever part of my body before i was flayed alive than watching one of her comedies.

I laugh easily……….women find that attractive. 

4 July 2015
8.52pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
3737sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior wanderfully noted 
Speaking of films, I was looking at what films will be released over the next couple of months (it’s a fun website for Americans to laugh at because we get everything about a month after ye do, so torrents are quite popular over here) 

I generally never know when anything’s coming out till about two years afterwards… and I’m American… so a-hard-days-night-paul-11 

and there are some interesting and what look like god-awful movies coming out, including:

<hacked out with large dull kitchen knife>

And another adaption of Roald Dahl’s ‘The BFG’ (I hate the original animation- I’ve never got through it all and I own it on DVD, I get about 40 minutes in and decide I better not waste my life watching it)

I love ‘The BFG’– the book, at least. Never seen the film and don’t plan to. But as they say, 

b50b91f0625b3f337325a13890d43e9c.jpgImage Enlarger

Because

tumblr_lnig8k4tAc1qaobbko1_500-1.jpgImage Enlarger

<snip> 
On the bright side ‘Pride and Prejudice and Zombies‘ is being made into a film (I don’t know whether to say ‘yay’ or not a-hard-days-night-paul-4)

WHAT THE &%#$#?!?!?!!!!!!! paul-mccartney 

*goes off* *drinks large pot of chamomile tea* *gradually calms down* 

In My Life , it sounds like I’ve fallen into an eighteenth-century battle between the Redcoats and the Continentals, what with all the fireworks going on either side of me. To the east is the small-arms fire, and to the west are the heavy artillery. a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

4 July 2015
9.53pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
3738sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ The book isn’t always better some adaptations are better then the original.

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

4 July 2015
10.01pm
Wigwam
Candlestick Park
Members
3739sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said
^ The book isn’t always better some adaptations are better then the original.

Examples please…….

4 July 2015
10.04pm
Wigwam
Candlestick Park
Members
3740sp_Permalink sp_Print

WHAT THE &%#$#?!?!?!!!!!!! paul-mccartney 

*goes off* *drinks large pot of chamomile tea* *gradually calms down* 

In My Life , it sounds like I’ve fallen into an eighteenth-century battle between the Redcoats and the Continentals, what with all the fireworks going on either side of me. To the east is the small-arms fire, and to the west are the heavy artillery. a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

It’s still our ‘Plantation’

And what was that Tea party about?? They never paid any taxes…… cheeky devils.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690