Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
3 June 2015
2.53am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3401sp_Permalink sp_Print

D-Day! Luckily it’s a half day and I’ve got a blackcurrant juice pouch waiting for me when I get home (it’s the simple things).

A lot of people think ‘equality’ or or ‘love’ will come up as a theme, I hope so because I’ve got an excellent short story planned on it!

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

3 June 2015
3.15am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
3402sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good luck, @AppleScruffJunior. Well it will go think I! (in my best Yoda voice)

heart

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

AppleScruffJunior, Beatlebug

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

3 June 2015
7.31am
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members

I did it, one down- nine to go. 

The theme that came up was challenges, to be honest I don’t know how I did but I don’t really care anymore- I’m wrecked and I’ve only one exam done :/

Tomorrow is:

English Paper 2

Worth: 50%

Duration: 2pm-5:20pm (3 hours and 20mins)- the longest exam-yuck!

What’s in it:

A question on a text prescribed by the state- this year it’s Othello by William Shakespeare. There will be 2 questions on it and I answer one, it’s worth 60 of the total 200 marks

Comparative study- comparing and contrasting a play, a book and a movie. Mine are ‘Juno and the Paycock’ (play), I’m Not Scared (film) and How Many Miles to Babylon (book). Worth 70 marks.

Unseen poem- Short poem that you have to do a critical analysis on (25 marks)

Poetry- We study 5 poems by 8 poets- Robert Frost, John Montague, Emily Dickinson, Thomas Hardy, Éilean Ní Chuileanáin, Sylvia Plath and W.B Yeats and 4 poets show up on the paper. I really hope Frost comes up or Montague but preferably Frost.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

meanmistermustard, Oudis

3 June 2015
10.10am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
3404sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good luck, @AppleScruffJunior! apple01apple02heart

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

AppleScruffJunior

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

3 June 2015
11.39am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24963
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

I’m about to go on my first driving lesson.a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Good luck and all the best for tomorrow @AppleScruffJunior and congratulations on today. Soon it will all be over, you will be free of exams and the summer days will span out in front of you.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

AppleScruffJunior

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

3 June 2015
12.31pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
3406sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Oooo, let us know how it went and your thoughts on the experience.

3 June 2015
12.34pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
3407sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Good luck and all the best for tomorrow @AppleScruffJunior and congratulations on today. Soon it will all be over, you will be free of exams and the summer days will span out in front of you.

Tapadh leat 😉

Good luck on your driving lesson, I’m sure you’ll be grand.

Paper 2 is my strength in English as I prefer literature over composing, I just hope Frost comes up if he does I’ll cry!

3 June 2015
1.19pm
UnidentifiedFiendishThingy
Across The Universe
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 542
3408sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good luck, ASJ.

Myself, I have one final left this year and its not even a test because AP classes don’t have a final exam. Instead we have a design project for AP Physics and I built a rocket launching rc car. I don’t even know if it will work.a-hard-days-night-ringo-2I also probably won’t get a chance to meet that girl with my friend either. I wanted him to do it yesterday and today, heh, but he backed out of it and wants me to do it by myself next year. Oh well. I just wanted to get her number so we could talk over the summer,a-hard-days-night-ringo-5

The following people thank UnidentifiedFiendishThingy for this post:

AppleScruffJunior

Look its a thingy! A fiendish thingy!

3 June 2015
3.18pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3409sp_Permalink sp_Print

Driving lesson #1 done. A lot of information to get your head around so hopefully over time it will get easier and more natural instead of “AHHHHH!!!!!!!! CAR MOVING!!!! WHERE’S THE BREAK?!!!!!!!!”. Nice guy the instructor is. 

Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, trcanberra, HongKongLady, UnidentifiedFiendishThingy, Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<, Wigwam, Merch

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

3 June 2015
11.01pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
3410sp_Permalink sp_Print

One of my childhood friends got engaged.  One of my ex-girlfriends is pregnant.  I feel old.

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

4 June 2015
1.28am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3411sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have a job interview later.

As bad as siting an exam.

4 June 2015
1.42am
Oudis
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1491
3412sp_Permalink sp_Print

Necko said
One of my childhood friends got engaged.  One of my ex-girlfriends is pregnant.  I feel old.

My daughter, who yesterday (it seems to me) played with me at the park, has a boy friend. Now that is being old.

The following people thank Oudis for this post:

Necko

Forsan et haec olim meminisse juvabit” (“Perhaps one day it will be a pleasure to look back on even this”; Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 1, line 203, where Aeneas says this to his men after the shipwreck that put them on the shores of Africa)

4 June 2015
5.43am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3413sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bored senseless. Waiting to go up for the job interview and just want it over with. Have looked over stuff and done what I can, any more and I’d lose the will to live. 

I doubt I’m ready for the interview and expect it will take a few to get used to talking crap and saying more than should ever be necessary in life.

It will go how it goes. I’ve done what I can, everything else is outwith my control. 

trcanberra

4 June 2015
11.57am
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
3414sp_Permalink sp_Print

FROST CAME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!

A nice paper over all- good Othello question, nice seen poetry, alright comparative question, the only thing that was dodgy was the unseen poem but everybody who I was talking to after said it was a strange poem. 

Geography tomorrow (f**k my life) and Maths Paper 1

Geography

Time: 9:30am-12:20pm (2 hrs 50mins, one of the most difficult exams to do- time wise)

What’s it worth?: 80% of my total score (I did a project a couple of months ago)

Total marks for paper: 400

What’s on it:

I apologise for how long this is and yes the paper is as difficult as it looks…

Short Questions: I have to answer 10 out of 12 (will answer the full 12 though)- 80 marks

Physical geography: Get 3 questions pick one, each question is divided into a 20m (which consists of drawing a map, graph or reading off/calculating information) and two 30m questions (have to write a page and a half on the question that comes up- there are about 40 essays to be pre-learned to ensure you can answer everything in this section, this is on plate tectonics, fluvial erosion/deposition, erosional features, human effects on river, river rejuvenation, folding, earthquakes, volcanos, rocks blah)

Regional geography: Get 3 questions, pick one, each question is divided same as above. This is on cultural regions- Ireland, Belgium and India/Brazil/South-east U.S, geomorphic regions, socio-economic regions, primary, secondary and tertiary regions of 2 regions in Ireland, the Mezzogiorno in Italy, the Paris Basin and Brazil. About 50 essays in this

Human geography: Marked same as above, on overpopulation, population, urban problems (all problems really, it’s great fun…)

And finally duh duh duh….. Geoecology geography: Write out a a 3-4 page essay for 80 marks. This can be on 4 essays on The Tropical Rainforest and about 5 essays on soils (I f**king hate soils so a nice TR question better come up >:( )

Maths is my only ordinary level subject so I don’t really care about it, it’s on the afternoon and I’ve got an hour and a half to study for it so I’ll do an hour or so tonight and the rest on my lunch break tomorrow…fun.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

meanmistermustard

4 June 2015
4.40pm
UnidentifiedFiendishThingy
Across The Universe
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 542
3415sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am so goddamn stupid.

I had the chance to get that girl’s number. I had a chance to talk to her alone. Instead, I stood there as she walked away thinking whether or not I should talk to her. Now I have to wait two whole months before I get another chance. a-hard-days-night-ringo-14a-hard-days-night-ringo-14a-hard-days-night-ringo-14a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

The following people thank UnidentifiedFiendishThingy for this post:

Oudis

Look its a thingy! A fiendish thingy!

4 June 2015
5.15pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
3416sp_Permalink sp_Print

Off for a coffee with an old friend soon – always good to catch up with people, too many drift away in life and don’t get replaced (if that were even possible).

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

4 June 2015
5.15pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
3417sp_Permalink sp_Print

UnidentifiedFiendishThingy said
I am so goddamn stupid.

I had the chance to get that girl’s number. I had a chance to talk to her alone. Instead, I stood there as she walked away thinking whether or not I should talk to her. Now I have to wait two whole months before I get another chance. a-hard-days-night-ringo-14a-hard-days-night-ringo-14a-hard-days-night-ringo-14a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

When the time is right with the right person it will all fall into place!

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

4 June 2015
6.11pm
Oudis
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1491
3418sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am so goddamn stupid.

“Been there, done that.” * SIGH *

Forsan et haec olim meminisse juvabit” (“Perhaps one day it will be a pleasure to look back on even this”; Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 1, line 203, where Aeneas says this to his men after the shipwreck that put them on the shores of Africa)

4 June 2015
7.28pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3419sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am so goddamn stupid.

Done that.

Vowed not to the next time.

Did it again.

Vowed not to the next time.

[repeat until no more next time]

Take it as a learning experience and learn from it. Will put you in good stead for times ahead.

4 June 2015
8.50pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
3420sp_Permalink sp_Print

We’re going on a trip to the seaside this weekend, so if I’m somewhat scarce over the next few days, that’s why. 

@Starr Shine?, I may or may not be able to work on that thing– you know. I’ll try. 

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: meanmistermustard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24962, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694