Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
30 May 2015
11.59am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3361sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ I would read that

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

30 May 2015
12.04pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22227
3362sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said

^ I would read that

Your cat could interpret it for you. The language seems like it would be similar from what I have seen of her writing.

In my life…yesterday I chaired my last meeing of the group that planned this year’s conference. They gave me a round of applause and said they would miss all the Beatles quotes coming in their email.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Starr Shine?, Beatlebug, HongKongLady
30 May 2015
3.17pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
3363sp_Permalink sp_Print

Necko said

Zig said

Necko said

My graduation party is on Saturday.  I hope there’s plenty of booze, because that’s what it’ll take to put up with all those congratulations.

Sounds like fun. I’ll be there in spirit(s)!
What time does it start? I’ll raise a glass toward the midwest and say a toast.

Starts at 2:00 PM.

So, @Necko ‘s party has been going on for little over an hour now (he is in the Central Time Zone). Hope you are having fun my friend – a great diversion. 

Zag and I are watching Concert For Bangladesh and raising a glass to you.

Congrats!

apple01heartstuart-sutcliffe

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Beatlebug

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

31 May 2015
2.21pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
3364sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said
That sounds great, Linde. Will this lead to a permanent job? Hope so – good luck!

Haha no, thank God . It’s actually beneath my level (not that that really matters if I would have liked it a lot) and it’s not something I’d like to do for years. It was an alright internship though. Next year I’ll have another one, which will be 4 days a week, spread over the whole year. That could lead to a job, eventually. It’s not sure where I will follow my internship yet.

@meanmistermustard Good luck on your job applications! My friend worked in a call center last year. It’s pretty easy, and it’s a sitting job so you won’t really get tired physically. I applied for it as well when I left Lidl. Had to follow a course that was during college hours though, so that was the end of it. What kind of social work did you apply for, if I may ask (interested since I’m studying to become a Social Educational Worker myself)?

I don’t even know what I’m doing on this forum right now. I’ve got too much to do, super busy, yet I’m here. I will probably regret that later, just like having just eaten half a bar of chocolate.

The following people thank Linde for this post:

trcanberra
31 May 2015
3.07pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
3365sp_Permalink sp_Print

The only regret I see there, @Linde, is that you didn’t eat the whole bar of chocolate. I love chocolate.

HongKongLady, Beatlebug
31 May 2015
4.19pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
3366sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Linde, the call centre wanted £175 if i left within three months and no days off (up before your line manager if you do) and as i have no desire to stay there for any amount of time and would need to do so to go to other job interviews i wont be taking it on.

Social Care wise cant say im that bothered. My approach is send out tons of applications, see what comes back and then make a decision.

You got any plans for the summer and how you’re going to spend the freedom before you begin the next year of internship?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

1 June 2015
8.02pm
UnidentifiedFiendishThingy
Across The Universe
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 542
3367sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi all,
Just had my first day of finals today and also had some interesting events happen which I thought I might share with you. one of my best friends is moving away on the last day of school in three days. Last week, I think, he said I should date one of his friends which is in the band with him. So, after much convincing, he finally agreed to introduce me to her today. And, of course, we couldn’t find her today. Yay. Tomorrow is really the only other chance I could meet her. From what he has told and some other friends have told me is that she would probably like me and that we re pretty similar. There’s so much more detail but it’s kinda hard to explain. Anyways, I just kinda had to get that off my chest. Don’t mind me

The following people thank UnidentifiedFiendishThingy for this post:

trcanberra, Oudis, Matt Busby

Look its a thingy! A fiendish thingy!

1 June 2015
8.42pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
3368sp_Permalink sp_Print

UnidentifiedFiendishThingy said

Hi all,
Just had my first day of finals today and also had some interesting events happen which I thought I might share with you. one of my best friends is moving away on the last day of school in three days. Last week, I think, he said I should date one of his friends which is in the band with him. So, after much convincing, he finally agreed to introduce me to her today. And, of course, we couldn’t find her today. Yay. Tomorrow is really the only other chance I could meet her. From what he has told and some other friends have told me is that she would probably like me and that we re pretty similar. There’s so much more detail but it’s kinda hard to explain. Anyways, I just kinda had to get that off my chest. Don’t mind me

We like minding our Beatley friends. We will be as nosy as you allow us to be. Keep us updated.

Beatlebug, UnidentifiedFiendishThingy
2 June 2015
5.00am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583

This time tomorrow I’ll be sitting my first English paper 

Image Enlarger

And because you all really care, I’ll break the exam down for you- I’ll be doing this for (hopefully) every exam the day before it.

So here we go:

English Paper 1

Time: 9:30am-12:20pm  -duration 2hrs 50mins

What it’s worth for my total English grade: 50%

What it consists of:

I am given 3 comprehensions which are all distantly related to a theme e.g. last years was ‘Inspiration’. The comprehensions vary from a novel extract to a speech, an opinion piece etc.

Each of these comprehensions has a ‘Section A’ and ‘Section B’ part, both worth 50 marks

Section A consists of 3 questions on the comprehension- these vary from your thoughts on the piece, use of style, imagery etc.

Section B consists of me having to compose a speech, a letter, blog, talk, opinion piece, diary entry etc. on a theme pulled from the above comprehension.

I have to do one section A and one section B and they cannot be from the same text- I have to select an A from one comprehension and a B from the other.

I have around 20 minutes to read through each comprehension 2 or 3 times and then I have to select my A and B. The A and B combined take about 60-70mins.

The second part is ‘composition’, I am given 7 titles all of which are once distantly related to the theme and comprehensions. These include short stories, descriptive essays, speeches, newspaper articles etc. This is worth 100 marks.

I focus on short stories and descriptive essays because ewww speeches a-hard-days-night-paul-11

I have around 70-80mins for this and then about 15 minutes to look over everything- fun.

My predicted theme (I’ll probably be wrong): Hope or Happiness

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

2 June 2015
5.54am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8

Taylor-Swift-Confused-look.gifImage Enlarger

I got stuck at ‘comprehension’.  

Good luck @AppleScruffJunior. I have every confidence in your abilities. apple01

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

AppleScruffJunior

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

2 June 2015
6.20am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
3371sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s geography on Friday I’m dreading the most, disgusting subject!

Oh and you find English Paper 1 confusing, wait ’til you  see Paper 2!

And thank you, I’m surprisingly not very nervous which is worrying but I couldn’t get to sleep last night so tonight shall be interesting…

Mam has Valium prepared 😉

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

2 June 2015
9.37am
Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1435
3372sp_Permalink sp_Print

Feeling sad today. After 3 great years, I’ve decided to quit my ‘job’ as a Redhead Days organiser. I say ‘job’ because we’re all unpaid volunteers. I actually owe a lot to this festival: I’ve made friends, I’ve grown as a person, achieved things I never thought possible, gained confidence… But lately it’s not bringing me any joy anymore, and that was a very difficult thing to realise. Since my task is quite crucial, I’m giving them a few months to find a replacement. But yeah, I’ve handed in my notice and even though it’s the right thing to do, it’s making me sad…

Formerly Known As JPM-Fangirl --Paul-Badge.png 2016

'Out There' - 07-06-2015 - Ziggo Dome Amsterdam -- 'One On One' - 12-06-2016 - Pinkpop Festival Landgraaf

2 June 2015
10.08am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
3373sp_Permalink sp_Print

JPM-Fangirl said

Feeling sad today. After 3 great years, I’ve decided to quit my ‘job’ as a Redhead Days organiser. I say ‘job’ because we’re all unpaid volunteers. I actually owe a lot to this festival: I’ve made friends, I’ve grown as a person, achieved things I never thought possible, gained confidence… But lately it’s not bringing me any joy anymore, and that was a very difficult thing to realise. Since my task is quite crucial, I’m giving them a few months to find a replacement. But yeah, I’ve handed in my notice and even though it’s the right thing to do, it’s making me sad…

Will you still attend the conference?

Do you have another task on the horizon that will bring you joy?

2 June 2015
10.54am
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members
3374sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ll attend this year at least. I may or may not continue to go in the future. 

As for finding joy right now, being on this forum is nice. I’m on disability so I don’t have much of anything else to occupy my time, but I’m sure I’ll find something. 

'Out There' - 07-06-2015 - Ziggo Dome Amsterdam -- 'One On One' - 12-06-2016 - Pinkpop Festival Landgraaf

2 June 2015
10.59am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3375sp_Permalink sp_Print

JPM-Fangirl said

Its nice your giving them a few months to find your replacement. Ringo gave Rory 3 days to find his.a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

Its hard at the time when you realise that you have to move on but what else can you do? Stay until your 65!! New challenges and excitements await.apple01

2 June 2015
11.09am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

Awww, I’m glad this forum brings you joy. You bring us joy. heart

Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<, Zig, UnidentifiedFiendishThingy
2 June 2015
12.02pm
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members
3377sp_Permalink sp_Print

Awww, thank you ahdn_ringo_09 

2 June 2015
3.51pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Warning – Bad words and a strop in the spoiler below. If you dont want to read them or are too young to suffer such horrid language either dont look in the spoiler or gouge your eyes out first.*

My ipod/itunes has decided that syncing a few songs is not enough and has to instead copy everything on it onto it. I have no bloody idea why but if i stop it it refuses to work properly. 

All this fucking new fangly technology that can do 89 gazillion tasks that you’ll hardly ever fucking use but ask it to do the most basic of fucking tasks, the reason you bought the damn piece of crap, and it struggles leaving you to sit twiddling your thumbs whilst getting thoroughly pissed off.

Another 1000 songs still to go.blue-meanieblue-meanie

Who/what did Apple actually get to replace Steve Jobs? A soggy rich tea biscuit!!

*If you actually gouge your eyes out before opening the spoiler then you’re obviously too stupid to deserve eyes in the first place and automatically lose the right to sue anyone bar yourself.

Beatlebug, Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<

2 June 2015
3.55pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
3379sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m going to laugh all the way home – all 60 miles! Thanks, mmm. That was priceless.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

2 June 2015
4.00pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3380sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said
I’m going to laugh all the way home – all 60 miles! Thanks, mmm. That was priceless.

Well i’m glad someone is amused.

Down to 200 to go. 45 minutes ago i went to sync 89 not previously contained songs to my ipod. Instead it decided to sync 2818 already on it on to it. Whoever came up with that function needs to get an ipod inserted into them.

Zig

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: meanmistermustard
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22227, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694