Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
21 May 2015
1.04pm
StrawberryWalrus
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 278
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3241sp_Permalink sp_Print

I wouldn’t stand being alone in the house. I’d get a dog. Then again, I’d get a dog any time, but what can you do, grandmother doesn’t allow it.

Then again, I don’t watch TV but if I were moving somewhere I’d buy the TV just for that background noise lol.

21 May 2015
6.15pm
UnidentifiedFiendishThingy
Across The Universe
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 542
3242sp_Permalink sp_Print

I might die tomorrow guys. I have a cardboard boat race for AP Physics class tomorrow. My group decided to build the boat without me the day before my AP World History exam. I saw the boat today and it looks ok-ish but I still don’t trust it. The reason I might die tomorrow is because I can’t swim. I can sort of swim but when I get in deep water I freak out. So, I might drown tomorrow. Yay.

Look its a thingy! A fiendish thingy!

21 May 2015
6.35pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
3243sp_Permalink sp_Print

UnidentifiedFiendishThingy said
I might die tomorrow guys. I have a cardboard boat race for AP Physics class tomorrow. My group decided to build the boat without me the day before my AP World History exam. I saw the boat today and it looks ok-ish but I still don’t trust it. The reason I might die tomorrow is because I can’t swim. I can sort of swim but when I get in deep water I freak out. So, I might drown tomorrow. Yay.

Quick read and learn this whole article like lighting!

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

UnidentifiedFiendishThingy, Beatlebug

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

21 May 2015
6.37pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
3244sp_Permalink sp_Print

It might be worth arranging a life jacket or three rescue swimmers. Hope to see you posting in 2 days time 🙂

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

21 May 2015
7.47pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
3245sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 thundered 

UnidentifiedFiendishThingy shouted out loud 

Quick read and learn this whole article like lighting!

I found that useful. My mother makes me go swimming (against my will), and I’m pretty lousy at it. 

Then again, this 

27232772716235114pQfJpQDzc.jpgImage Enlarger

might reconcile me to it… 

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

22 May 2015
5.10am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
3246sp_Permalink sp_Print

@UnidentifiedFiendishThingy said

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Bothered? Nah! Sorry!

You’ve already voted, so what does it matter? I don’t mean to sound mean and nasty, but that’s what I am, so that’s how it comes out!

Don’t give me your “I might…” when I had to survive an EARTHQUAKE last night. And it wasn’t just any old earthquake, oh no! It was the biggest earthquake my country has seen in SEVEN years! YES, I might have slept through it, and not learnt of my miraculous escape until it was on the news this morning, but it was an EARTHQUAKE! There are reports that some bins fell over!

And you’re worried you MIGHT drown!!! I just survived an EARTHQUAKE!!! a-hard-days-night-john-1

Tssssccchhh….!!!blue-meanie

Live life! You never know what’s around the corner! AN EARTHQUAKE! WHO’D HAVE THUNK IT!!!

a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Beatlebug, trcanberra

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

22 May 2015
4.16pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
3247sp_Permalink sp_Print

And the voting is over.

Let’s hope for a ‘Yes’ in both (that way I can become president sooner, don’t worry I’ll hire anyone on here who wants a good job doing nothing)

Results should be out around 3pm-6pm GMT and it’s looking like ‘yes’ for same-sex marriage. 

I couldn’t get my brothers out to vote despite the two of them both being ‘yes’ voters- *grumble grumble*.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Beatlebug

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

22 May 2015
4.30pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
3248sp_Permalink sp_Print

For a moment I thought ASJ was talking about the voting for Ron Nasty’s and Annadog40’s song ranking poll. As it has just gotten underway it surprised me that it was over so soon… till I clicked on the link. a-hard-days-night-george-9 

In my life… my world literature class is almost over (the final exam and graduation ceremony thingies, hopefully not too fiendish, are next Wed.), and I’m supposed to do ‘a comprehensive analysis of all I have learned in this class’. Whatever that is. As I have no idea how to go about this task, I am sitting here and procrastinating. 

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

22 May 2015
4.36pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
3249sp_Permalink sp_Print

Worrying wont change it or make it any better? A meteor might fall on you over night and squish you and get you out of it.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

22 May 2015
7.10pm
Across The Universe
Carnegie Hall
Members
3250sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Worrying wont change it or make it any better? A meteor might fall on you over night and squish you and get you out of it.

Lol. i just got back from it and I am happy to report that i am alive and well. I talked to my teacher and told him the situation and he said that it would be ok if I sat out and he would not dock me any points. My group found someone else to paddle for me and the boat almost sank. I am glad I didn’t get in though because the boat was really soaked and so was everyone in it. I feel kinda bad though because I am getting credit for something i didn’t build. I did design it though, but they didn’t really follow the design, hence it getting soaked.a-hard-days-night-paul-8

The following people thank UnidentifiedFiendishThingy for this post:

trcanberra, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

22 May 2015
7.12pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3251sp_Permalink sp_Print

AN EARTHQUAKE! WHO’D HAVE THUNK IT!!!

I would.

They happen all the time, all over the place – it’s just that most are so minor we don’t notice – but most of us are surviving them all the time 🙂

Beatlebug, Zig

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

22 May 2015
7.15pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3252sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am happy to report that i am alive and well

It would have been a very short report if you weren’t a-hard-days-night-george-10

Glad it all worked out okay 🙂

22 May 2015
7.15pm
Across The Universe
Carnegie Hall
Members
3253sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said

I would.

They happen all the time, all over the place – it’s just that most are so minor we don’t notice – but most of us are surviving them all the time 🙂

We get quite a few out here in California, in fact, yesterday there was a 4.0 that happened in the morning. Supposedly, the big one is going to happen here within the next 20 years. One of the many reasons, I don’t like this state. I felt safer living in South Dakota or Arkansas even though we had tornadoes quite frequently.

The following people thank UnidentifiedFiendishThingy for this post:

trcanberra, Beatlebug

22 May 2015
7.15pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3254sp_Permalink sp_Print

Never mind the sinkings and the earthquakes.

I survived a teen ‘sleepover’ a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

22 May 2015
7.17pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3255sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said

I would.

We get quite a few out here in California, in fact, yesterday there was a 4.0 that happened in the morning. Supposedly, the big one is going to happen here within the next 20 years. One of the many reasons, I don’t like this state. I felt safer living in South Dakota or Arkansas even though we had tornadoes quite frequently.

Makes me glad I live in a country where our only danger is having people overseas think we all like Vegemite.

22 May 2015
8.04pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
3256sp_Permalink sp_Print

Is the us the only place to get twisters?

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

22 May 2015
8.26pm
Beatlebug

Moderators

Annadog40 wondered 
Is the US the only place to get twisters?

According to ‘the almighty Wikipedia‘, 

Tornadoes have been observed on every continent except Antarctica. However, the vast majority of tornadoes occur in the Tornado Alleyregion of the United States, although they can occur nearly anywhere in North America. They also occasionally occur in south-central and eastern Asia, northern and east-central South America, Southern Africa, northwestern and southeast Europe, western and southeastern Australia, and New Zealand. 

So there, @trcanberra. a-hard-days-night-john-1 

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

22 May 2015
9.57pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
3258sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Lol. i just got back from it and I am happy to report that i am alive and well. I talked to my teacher and told him the situation and he said that it would be ok if I sat out and he would not dock me any points. My group found someone else to paddle for me and the boat almost sank. I am glad I didn’t get in though because the boat was really soaked and so was everyone in it. I feel kinda bad though because I am getting credit for something i didn’t build. I did design it though, but they didn’t really follow the design, hence it getting soaked.a-hard-days-night-paul-8

Good.  I didn’t want to be adding  to the ‘Rest In Peace’ thread.

The following people thank Necko for this post:

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

23 May 2015
1.13am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3259sp_Permalink sp_Print

Silly Girl said

Annadog40 wondered 
Is the US the only place to get twisters?

According to ‘the almighty Wikipedia‘, 

Tornadoes have been observed on every continent except Antarctica. However, the vast majority of tornadoes occur in the Tornado Alleyregion of the United States, although they can occur nearly anywhere in North America. They also occasionally occur in south-central and eastern Asia, northern and east-central South America, Southern Africa, northwestern and southeast Europe, western and southeastern Australia, and New Zealand. 

So there, @trcanberra. a-hard-days-night-john-1 

@Beatlebug  With about 15 fatalities recorded from this source in over 200 years I reckon I am more likely to be run over and killed by a runaway lawnmower a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Beatlebug

23 May 2015
3.45am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3260sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ Having said that, one of the Australian tornadoes I was able to find out about was in Canberra and 5 people were injured when a wooden church collapsed. I have never seen a hint of one in over 40 years in the country (*touch wood – but not a wooden church*).

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Rube
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22238, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694