Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
26 April 2015
7.59am
Getting_Better
Only place that he's ever been
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 106
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3041sp_Permalink sp_Print

My brain is firing up weird things.

I’ve been messing around Penny Lane lately (the song, not the place… *sigh* – but then, the song takes me there 😉 )to the point of, I guess, “It’s All Too Much ” sort of reaction in my nervous system.

So since I was awake, my brain floods me with “Somebody That I Used To Know”.

Am I to start covering Gotye now?

Also, a lot of Beatle influences in that one, by the way. Can’t put a finger on it but I felt a lot of “Fool On The Hill” in Gotye’s “Heart’s A Mess”. And other stuff too. And in other of his stuff as well. 

Still rambling: it was funny back at the cinema some time ago, how I thought the recurring strings motif in “Gatsby” reminded me of “Heart’s A Mess”. And then, voila, there it was in the end credits.

Videos are done, with, hopefully, everything covered– today is a day of editing and adding commentary. And, possibly, some YouTube uploading. Oh well. Better get to work then.

Looks like I’m not about to change from my cozy robe anytime soon today.

The following people thank Getting_Better for this post:

Matt Busby

There's nothing you can see that isn't shown.

26 April 2015
3.40am
Getting_Better
London Palladium
Members
3042sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
Unfortunately when she came home something bad happened. She has these nurses who take care of her for 24 hours. Every 3 days there is another one. This one was such a bitch. My grandma came back home, and the woman started swearing at her and left her standing in her underwear in the living room. My grandma can barely walk herself, at the moment, so that was horrible. The woman hit the door (the nurses sleep in my grandma’s bedroom, her bed is in the livingroom) and yelled at my grandma that she shouldn’t bother her. Now, my grandma always needs to go to the toilet a few times at night, but this time she didn’t dare to ring the bell for the nurse to come. That night she didn’t sleep and cried all night. The next day the woman just left, without helping her get dressed and without making breakfast for her, and told my grandma that if she would talk badly about her to the organisation, she would find her, so that’s a threat. Also, my mom smelled cigarettes when she went to get something out of my grandma’s bedroom the other day. This nurse smoked, and my grandma had told her she couldn’t smoke in the house, especially as my grandma is suspected to have lung cancer. She fucking ignored it and smoked in her room! We’re going to bring in an official complaint. So horrible, I felt so sorry for my grandma. What the F is wrong with some people.

This nurse, @Linde , seems to be of the sort of people who try and intimidate anybody who seems helpless against them, with little to none foresight. She probably short-sightedly assumed your grandma is just another one of “old and lonely people” with nobody to back them up so she abused it. Probably has been doing so for some time already. “Bitch” doesn’t quite cut it. It’s a disgusting parasite.

Or she is just being self-destructive, seeing how she was well aware of things she screwed up, so she probably did so purposefully.

Regardless, it’s disgusting. While I’m not a grudging person, I strongly feel such people as this so called ‘nurse’ are more than deserving to be paid in kind.

I really really really hope she gets all her vitriol back to her face. 

Yes, I’m a Karma believer 🙂

After you file that complaint though, make sure you are in contact with your grandma, you and the rest of the family. The ‘nurse’ might be feeling confident in making threats for having some thuggish boyfriend as charming as herself for all you know. All they need to see in case they turn up is, their ‘victim’ is not alone. That usually takes most of the gut out of such people, since even sociopaths can estimate their chances against a bigger group than themselves.

Matt Busby

26 April 2015
7.51am
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
3043sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Linde , what a roller coaster ride you are on. At least your birthday started out nice enough. 

That was a horrible experience your grandmother went through. That person needs to be held accountable or she will try to take advantage of others if she hasn’t already. Best of luck with all of that. Your grandmother deserves the closure. 

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

26 April 2015
7.54am
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 932
3044sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
So much going on.  </snip>
Oh yeah, also F-ed up 2 exams along the way. It was a week full of highs and lows.

And Monday it will be Kingsday here! Yay. Hope the weather will be good as it’s always such a nice day.

Sounds like a wild week.  Try to keep a level head and a good perspective.   And that nurse sounds awful! I would file a complaint too! *hugs*

Half of what I say is meaningless...

I feel good in a special way, I'm in love and it's a sunny day

BeatlesBible.com earns royalties if you use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes

26 April 2015
8.34am
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 932
3045sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just wanted to update all you caring people 🙂

I got out of the hospital Friday afternoon.  I’m very tired and in quite a bit of pain, but am recovering.  There is no sleep in hospital – between iv’s finishing and beeping, 4am vitals check, 5am blood draw, 2am meds…it’s just no use.

The jury is still out on the rash. Infectious disease doc at the hospital said it was “fixed drug eruption” (basically an allergic reaction to a med, Lipitor (a statin high cholesterol med)).  Hospital notes say the biopsy was negative for herpes zoster (chicken pox/shingles virus) but the actual test wasn’t in the notes so dermatologist gives it no credence. Dermatologist says it’s shingles and the hospital grossly undertreated me (i.e., gave me too little of a weak antiviral rather than a proper dose of a stronger one)).  The stronger med does seem to be helping already.

Despite the confusion over the rash, I am recovering.  I’ve got a nurse coming out in an hour to check me out – my guess is i’ll only need a couple visits this time.  It’s great, I’m getting all this care and most of it will be free :).  However the continuing confusion in my diagnoses is an issue I will take up when I write my feedback to the hospital.  Hopefully it will be resolved in a few days when the dermatologist gets the biopsy he did Saturday back, or it heals.

I apologize if I posted anything weird around the 22nd, I was delusional and have no memory of about 24 hours.  Apparently I tried to go to the bathroom and forgot to take the iv machine (I wasn’t supposed to walk without a nurse/personal care tech in the room anyway). I ripped the iv out (don’t think it came out of my arm, just disconnected the tube somewhere). One thing I apparently did was reply to the question “what is your name?” by singing (not sure what song, but I can guess the group  ;). Anyway it’s all for the good because the hospital psychiatrist got involved and changed my meds drastically. I had some tardive dyskinesia (that problem from psych meds that make people jiggle their legs or move their jaw around) and it seems to have gone away with the med switch.  I hope my moods are controlled – time will tell.

Thanks again to all of you for your concern 🙂 As usual I’ve rambled and put way too much detail into my post, but so be it…

pa – ir’a great to have a laptop instead of phone to post with! Still having login issues, which is why I often leave myself logged in all the time.

The following people thank Matt Busby for this post:

trcanberra, vonbontee, UnidentifiedFiendishThingy, georgiewood, Beatlebug, Necko

Half of what I say is meaningless...

I feel good in a special way, I'm in love and it's a sunny day

BeatlesBible.com earns royalties if you use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes

26 April 2015
10.00am
Getting_Better
London Palladium
Members
3046sp_Permalink sp_Print

The song you replied with could have possibly been “You can call me Al” just as well 😉

All the best to you sir! I’m too much a newcomer here but I’ve seen your struggles on previous pages. Fingers crossed 🙂

Beatlebug

26 April 2015
5.29pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
3047sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Matt Busby Well, at least you’re out, so that’s great! Doesn’t it feel great to be back? It must be horrible to not know what’s wrong with your body (My grandma still doesn’t know. We’re going to Amsterdam for a second opinion next week) but I’m sure that will be clear soon, and then you will get the meds that are appropriate for you. 

The singing bit actually made me laugh a bit. I know it’s not funny and it’s serious, but it is a bit funny..

—————–

Tonight is Kingsnight, which is the night before Kingsday (well duhh) and that means there are events in different towns, and food and booze and things. I’ve gone the three previous years, but I didn’t feel like it tonight. The weather is shite, I’m tired and there was a football match going on. Standing between drunk and violent hooligans? No thanks. I’d rather do something today, on Kingsday. I’m still not used to the fact it’s called Kingsday now, by the way.

The following people thank Linde for this post:

Matt Busby
27 April 2015
11.25am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
3048sp_Permalink sp_Print

My grandparents came up for the weekend. Had a lovely time 🙂 and didn’t visit the forum for two days. 🙁 

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

27 April 2015
1.43pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3049sp_Permalink sp_Print

Great to hear you are getting better @Matt Busby – great news!!

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Matt Busby

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

27 April 2015
1.44pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
3050sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello, @Zig! 

the-beatles-waving-o.gifImage Enlarger

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

27 April 2015
1.52pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3051sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi there.

28 April 2015
8.50am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
3052sp_Permalink sp_Print

Vodafone (my network provider) are playing up again.

They’ve been being a pain in the proverbial for months on payments and top-ups, but it’s never interfered with the service. Now it’s affecting the service.

It went wobbly on Saturday. Everything is taking an age to load. I don’t mean two or three minutes, it’s more ten to twenty minutes (and regularly closer to the twenty or more). Things are often loading badly, with things like “Submit Reply” not working.

It’s taken me over an hour to get to this stage where I’m able to post something! And it’s not a “Weird thing happening with the forum”. It’s the whole internet. My gmail account has (mainly) been telling it can’t connect since Saturday.

As I say, a pain in the proverbial! And I’ve had enough. I get paid on Friday and I’m switching networks. The good thing with pay-as-you-go, you’re not tied into a contract. It’s just buy a dongle from another provider. And that’s exactly what I’ll be doing Friday.

Just sick and tired of fecking Vodafone!

Now let’s see if this manages to post…

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

trcanberra

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

28 April 2015
8.57am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
3053sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah, I saw you logged in a lot this morning but no posts from you, which we know is odd. Glad you managed to get a message out to us, @Ron Nasty.

28 April 2015
9.40am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
3054sp_Permalink sp_Print

I really dont want endless sympathetic replies so i ask that it doesnt go down that root from here on in. Whilst they would be greatly appreciated I dont want to have to read them as its too much.

Very sadly after a very short 5 1/2 month battle with lung cancer where he went all guns blazing in his fight my father died peacefully surrounded by my brothers, my sisters and myself. My father was an incredibly eccentric, generous, loving, warm-hearted family man and we are all devastated. He meant everything to us as did us to him. 

Its all been incredibly shit but we will remember the 67 fabulous years he lived before all this happened.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Joe, Oudis, trcanberra, Beatlebug, Matt Busby, Zig, Necko, HongKongLady, Oyster Black Pearl

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

28 April 2015
10.26am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
3055sp_Permalink sp_Print

Shit news, @meanmistermustard. Had some idea when you had to cancel meeting up with @Ahhh Girl. That’s all I’m gonna say, just shit news, and that you’re in my thoughts.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

trcanberra

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

28 April 2015
1.11pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
3056sp_Permalink sp_Print

@meanmistermustard 

heart 

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

28 April 2015
4.53pm
Oudis
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1491
3057sp_Permalink sp_Print

You’ve been through a lot @Matt Busby, I hope you get better soon.

What can I say @meanmistermustard? What can one say in situations like this? My thoughts are with you…

The following people thank Oudis for this post:

trcanberra, Matt Busby

Forsan et haec olim meminisse juvabit” (“Perhaps one day it will be a pleasure to look back on even this”; Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 1, line 203, where Aeneas says this to his men after the shipwreck that put them on the shores of Africa)

28 April 2015
9.12pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
3058sp_Permalink sp_Print

Canberra has finally decided to return to the autumn (fall) weather we usually get – with nice sunny days around 15-18C and cool nights. I hope it holds up for a few days but they are predicting showers for the next week or so. I hope they are wrong 🙂

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

29 April 2015
7.46am
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3059sp_Permalink sp_Print

apple01mmmheart

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Matt Busby

29 April 2015
3.26pm
StarrisonSubmarine
Cheshire, UK
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 166
3060sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello. Sorry for not being around much. The only things that have really happened in my life (in the days after meeting @Ahhh Girl and @Ron Nasty  of course) is I have changed my fringe and put up Beatles things on my wall, including two 3D ones.

So as you see it’s been crazy around here. 

However it is now less than a month until I go to see Paul live. 

The following people thank StarrisonSubmarine for this post:

trcanberra, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl

tumblr_mces572Eol1qft6pz.gif"Y'know" - Paul McCartney

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2857
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690