Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
24 March 2015
7.23pm
StarrisonSubmarine
Cheshire, UK
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 166
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Ahhh Girl said 

@StarrisonSubmarine, fingers crossed that a good job comes your way soon. And you, too, trc.

Thanks. Had yet another two rejections One for a pet store too! I’d stop going, but it’s the place we get the rabbit food from and the only place we can find the dogs food. Blimmin picky pets ey? 
In other news, I’m starting to consider leaving the forum. I don’t really offer anything of quality or worth reading. It seems every other post I make is pointless, moronic or even just repeating what others have said a few months/years ago, and I can’t seem to get most things in the right place. 

tumblr_mces572Eol1qft6pz.gif"Y'know" - Paul McCartney

24 March 2015
8.03pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
2682sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sorry to hear that. If you feel you are repeating was has aready been posted, that’s pretty common. It is not a bad thing though, because many facts get buried and when you re-post it, someone may be seeing it for the first time. As for not knowing where things go, don’t worry about that either. You will get the hang of it, or we mods can move things if/when necessary. Hope you reconsider, but if not, it’s been nice having you here.

The following people thank Zig for this post:

parlance, Ahhh Girl, meanmistermustard, Matt Busby

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

24 March 2015
8.11pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22212
2683sp_Permalink sp_Print

Stay @StarrisonSubmarine! Ringo needs you. We need you. This place is wild and vast. That’s why Joe has selected mods to help folks get the hang of the place. You’re doing fine.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Zig, meanmistermustard, Matt Busby
24 March 2015
8.18pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
2684sp_Permalink sp_Print

I dont think for a second that any of your posts have been “pointless or moronic or even just repeating what others have said a few months/years ago!” @StarrisonSubmarine. If the latter does come close to being true then so do a lot of folk here including myself, i think its just forum life. It would be sad to see you depart but its your choice; we cant come round your house, sit you down in front of the computer and move your fingers to the keys.

As for posting in the wrong place, it happens by everyone at some point or another and there are far worse crimes here like deleting whole threads that some of us might possibly have done at some time or other so dont get hung up about it. Mods are here to move posts, its not something that bugs us.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Zig, parlance, Ahhh Girl, Matt Busby

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

24 March 2015
9.24pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181

StarrisonSubmarine sighed 
In other news, I’m starting to consider leaving the forum. I don’t really offer anything of quality or worth reading. It seems every other post I make is pointless, moronic or even just repeating what others have said a few months/years ago, and I can’t seem to get most things in the right place. 

You shouldn’t feel that way, @StarrisonSubmarine. Your posts are never pointless or moronic (says the person who almost monopolizes “The Person Above Me” thread). Please don’t leave us– after all, you just got here! It makes me melancholy to think of people who have disappeared from the Forum. See? Just the thought of it makes my little Paulvatar look mournful. 

Appleapple01, and do stay on. a-hard-days-night-george-9

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Matt Busby

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

24 March 2015
10.39pm
Oudis
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1491
2686sp_Permalink sp_Print

Terribly sorry about your dog @Necko. I know how it feels, I’ve lost two dogs myself. At this point in time I don’t want a third one simply because I don’t think I could go through losing my pet a third time.

Forsan et haec olim meminisse juvabit” (“Perhaps one day it will be a pleasure to look back on even this”; Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 1, line 203, where Aeneas says this to his men after the shipwreck that put them on the shores of Africa)

25 March 2015
7.21pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
2687sp_Permalink sp_Print

Necko said

Linde said

Necko said
Well, she survived the night.  I think I’m going to talk to my dad about putting her down today.  It seems the merciful thing to do.

I’m sorry to hear about your dog. May I ask you what’s wrong with her? Is she sick, or does her body just not want to go on anymore?

If she’s in extreme pains, putting her down is the best solution. It’s difficult and it sounds harsh, but it’s the best for her, and for everyone. For her because she’s in pain, obviously, and for you all because I’m sure it hurts to see her like this.

Several things are wrong with her.  She’s a thirteen-year-old German Shepherd, so she’s got the hip problems that German Shepherds are known for getting when they get old.  She’s stopped eating.  She has cataracts (but, then again, she’s had those for a couple years now).  We think that she’s starting to get a bit senile.  Within the past twenty-four hours, she’s been having trouble breathing.  It sounds like she’s constantly having an asthma attack.

EDIT: Also, that doesn’t sound harsh at all.  What you write is exactly what I’m thinking.

Oh yeah, that sounds horrible, especially the breathing part.

@StarrisonSubmarine I’m sorry to hear you feel it that way. I can’t remember any of your posts being ”moronic” and as for repeating points others have already made, everyone does that at times, just to agree or disagree, and look what I’m doing right now! That’s not a bad thing. Everyone goes through phases of not having a lot to offer either, but it’s better not to post than to post nonsense. so no big deal there either. I don’t think sometimes not knowing what to post is a reason to leave, but if you’re certain..well, can’t stop you.

25 March 2015
8.44pm
HongKongLady
Oz
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1640
2688sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh my! I have to go back to sleep now I see my mi amor is on BB I just told him I sleep again but I’m on BB haha, see you guys have fun!!!a-hard-days-night-paul-11

The following people thank HongKongLady for this post:

trcanberra
25 March 2015
9.21pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2689sp_Permalink sp_Print

Scotland are currently playing Northern Ireland in one of the most uninspiring games of football i’e seen in a long time. Its a friendly so nothing riding on it and that means no pace, no need to go win the game, just utter boredom.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

25 March 2015
9.42pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2690sp_Permalink sp_Print

Scotland won 1 – 0. I’m sure you’re all thrilled.

25 March 2015
10.33pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
2691sp_Permalink sp_Print

I got my new guitar strings and I’m happier than a clam (I have never understood why clams are said to be particularly happy, as if other animals weren’t as happy– happy as a Beatles’ song would be more fitting). It’s almost as much fun as getting a new guitar, only cheaper! 

I’ve also got another guitar in the mail… I hope there are no weather delays! Right, @Starr Shine?? a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Oudis, Matt Busby

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

25 March 2015
10.39pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
2692sp_Permalink sp_Print

There are always wether delays in the land of Annadog40 

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

Beatlebug

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

25 March 2015
10.49pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
2693sp_Permalink sp_Print

After all, it took such a long time for your face to arrive.

The following people thank Necko for this post:

Starr Shine?, Beatlebug, Matt Busby

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

26 March 2015
4.56pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
2694sp_Permalink sp_Print

Uni is driving me nuts! WAAARGHHH!

I’ve got so much work to do and I don’t understand half of it. It’s so vague and my teacher didn’t explain it correctly. And this year is going way too fast.

26 March 2015
11.19pm
UnidentifiedFiendishThingy
Across The Universe
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 542
2695sp_Permalink sp_Print

My high school has forced chromebooks upon all of the Sophomores and Juniors and I am very mad. They make us carry them around all day and watch everything we do on them. And Chrome OS is so bad. Ive had it for two days and I’m getting to the point where I might try and return it and see if they will let me use my laptop instead. a-hard-days-night-ringo-14a-hard-days-night-ringo-14a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

The following people thank UnidentifiedFiendishThingy for this post:

Beatlebug

Look its a thingy! A fiendish thingy!

27 March 2015
1.39am
HongKongLady
Oz
Candlestick Park
Members
2696sp_Permalink sp_Print

When I got up this morning I feel Something I don’t understand why? 

27 March 2015
1.45am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
2697sp_Permalink sp_Print

HongKongLady said

It is because you have a sense of touch.

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

UnidentifiedFiendishThingy

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

27 March 2015
1.51am
HongKongLady
Oz
Candlestick Park
Members
2698sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said

HongKongLady said

It is because you have a sense of touch.

Yes that’s true but inside feelings Something  like uncomfortable and worries 

27 March 2015
2.10am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Am i missing something?

I signed up for Amazon Prime and then immediately cancelled my membership so it lasted about 7 seconds yet despite the cancellation i get free super-speedy delivery and whatever else they offer for a whole month (I dont care about whatever else they offer).

Thats daft – and sounds like an advert so remember folk that if you do sign up to cancel the damn thing. If you dont within the first month you will be agreeing to pay £79 for something you didnt want in the first place so i recommend doing it immediately in case you forget.

Oh. I was ordering a new ipod touch as mine is old. Only came out in 2012 so just the three years behind in technology. :) One day I might have a smart phone, actually no i wont, i hate the fecking things.

Gets here later today. It would be more hassle and would take longer to go buy one in a shop. This world mystifies me.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Beatlebug

27 March 2015
1.12pm
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 932
2700sp_Permalink sp_Print

@I’m home! Still have to lay low awhile to make sure the pneumonia is gone, shingles are still p pretty bad, and a nurse is coming out every other day or so to check on me.

Thanks to all of you (especially

@Zig) for the support.  I’ll have a lot of time on my hands so look footrests to more of my long, rambling, half meaningless, brilliantly inane posts ;)

The following people thank Matt Busby for this post:

Ahhh Girl, UnidentifiedFiendishThingy, Beatlebug, meanmistermustard, georgiewood, Von Bontee, Zig, Linde

Half of what I say is meaningless...

I feel good in a special way, I'm in love and it's a sunny day

BeatlesBible.com earns royalties if you use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22212, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691