Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
30 January 2015
7.33am
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3025
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2041sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nice! I love Hong Kong, I miss it greatly even though I was only there for two weeks once. I rant about their public transport system because it actually works.

I'm like Necko only I'm a bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin and also everyone. Or is everyone me? Now I'm a confused bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin everyone who is definitely not @Joe.  This has been true for 2016 & 2017 Sig-Badge.png but I may have to get more specific in the future.

aus-flag-v-small.png

30 January 2015
7.55am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
2042sp_Permalink sp_Print

ewe2 said
Nice! I love Hong Kong, I miss it greatly even though I was only there for two weeks once. I rant about their public transport system because it actually works.

Same. I have been there 3 or 4 times across the years for a total of around the same as you, maybe a few days more. I love the ferry across the harbour and the MTR is so efficient. Add in lots of buses and relatively cheap taxis and it is a great place to get around. The trains to HK Disney with mouse-shaped windows are a bonus :)

It was nice to see a lot of it Live – with commentary – again this morning.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

30 January 2015
8.26am
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
2043sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm like Necko only I'm a bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin and also everyone. Or is everyone me? Now I'm a confused bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin everyone who is definitely not @Joe.  This has been true for 2016 & 2017 Sig-Badge.png but I may have to get more specific in the future.

aus-flag-v-small.png

30 January 2015
8.08pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2044sp_Permalink sp_Print

Morning all – just past 7am here and about to think about maybe having breakfast.

I’ll pop to the shops later for some groceries and a coffee out. Heck, I may even splurge on a citrus tart, you only live once, right? (well, most of us think so) :)

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

Mr. Kite

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

30 January 2015
8.43pm
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
2045sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m up too. Today is election day in Queensland and I run a politics IRC channel so today’s going to be busy. Halfway through a coffee and my special treat: cream cheese and smoked salmon bagel nom nom.

The following people thank ewe2 for this post:

parlance, trcanberra

aus-flag-v-small.png

30 January 2015
9.08pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
2046sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, here we go again. The weather forecasters are predicting massive amounts of snow for my area on Sunday into Monday.
Wouldn’t it be a shame if I could not get to work the day after the Super Bowl?a-hard-days-night-george-10

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

30 January 2015
9.13pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944

Sport on Sunday 

Murray v Djokovic in the Australian Open Final at 8am.

Celtic v Rangers at 1/2 1.

The Superbowl on from 10pm thru till around 4am Monday morning.

20 hours or so, i doubt i’ll make it.a-hard-days-night-paul-7

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

trcanberra

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

30 January 2015
9.14pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2048sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said
Well, here we go again. The weather forecasters are predicting massive amounts of snow for my area on Sunday into Monday.
Wouldn’t it be a shame if I could not get to work the day after the Super Bowl?a-hard-days-night-george-10

Ha ha – the real shame would be having to shovel snow off the streets while the game is on. I have my hot dog preparations in full swing, I’m really looking forward to the game.

As a bonus for the week-end Australia has made the final of the Asian Cup football tournament we are hosting – it will be on TV tonight. We have never won the trophy (we made the last final but lost to Japan) so I hope we can go one better against South Korea.

30 January 2015
9.32pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2049sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Sport on Sunday 

Murray v Djokovic in the Australian Open Final at 8am.

Celtic v Rangers at 1/2 1.

The Superbowl on from 10pm thru till around 4am Monday morning.

20 hours or so, i doubt i’ll make it.a-hard-days-night-paul-7

What a great day for sports!

trcanberra said

Zig said

Ha ha – the real shame would be having to shovel snow off the streets while the game is on. I have my hot dog preparations in full swing, I’m really looking forward to the game.

As a bonus for the week-end Australia has made the final of the Asian Cup football tournament we are hosting – it will be on TV tonight. We have never won the trophy (we made the last final but lost to Japan) so I hope we can go one better against South Korea.

Fortunately, Katy Perry is the act at halftime. I can clear away the snow then.

Best of of luck for your lads in the tournament!

The following people thank Zig for this post:

trcanberra

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

30 January 2015
9.46pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2050sp_Permalink sp_Print

The half-time entertainment is always a great time to get some fresh air and some movement in the legs. So far i’ve deliberately missed Madonna, Beyonce and Bruno Mars, looking forward to adding Katy Perry to that list.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

30 January 2015
10.19pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
2051sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
The half-time entertainment is always a great time to get some fresh air and some movement in the legs. So far i’ve deliberately missed Madonna, Beyonce and Bruno Mars, looking forward to adding Katy Perry to that list.

Halftime’s the only part I like. That and the commercials. And switching over to watch the Puppy Bowl.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

30 January 2015
11.34pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2052sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said

meanmistermustard said

Halftime’s the only part I like. That and the commercials. And switching over to watch the Puppy Bowl.

parlance

Some of the US commercials are fun – they sometimes show them down here during the game as well so we can all have a laugh :)

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

parlance

31 January 2015
4.33pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2053sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said 

parlance

Normally, the commercials are very clever and funny, but the last two years have been disappointing. I’m hoping for better ones this year, because you are right – they often make the game even more enjoyable.

The following people thank Zig for this post:

parlance

31 January 2015
10.44pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

I was channel-flipping last night and caught Ted Danson on Cheers trying to worm his way out of a situation where he mixed-up the names of two of his many ‘girlfriends’.

31 January 2015
11.14pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2055sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wasn’t there a time @trcanberra when you posted doubts about being able to find a woman who would talk to you? Now you have two wanting to talk almost 24/7 to the point where you are missing out on sleep and almost confusing us and yourself with it all.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

trcanberra

31 January 2015
11.31pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2056sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Wasn’t there a time @trcanberra when you posted doubts about being able to find a woman who would talk to you? Now you have two wanting to talk almost 24/7 to the point where you are missing out on sleep and almost confusing us and yourself with it all.

Three :)

31 January 2015
11.36pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2057sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said

meanmistermustard said

Three :)

HK, Dubai, who’s the third?

31 January 2015
11.48pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
2058sp_Permalink sp_Print

Three???? I’m with mmm. I thought HK and Dubai were the two contenders.

31 January 2015
11.53pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2059sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ha ha, if you look up that way ^ you will notice a reference to a nice Thai lady.

Looks like I HAVE in fact managed to confuse all of us :)

I did manage to sleep for 7 hours last night, so that part is getting better.

1 February 2015
12.18am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198

trcanberra is going to overdose on women. Next thing you know, he will be telling us he is going “Cold Turkey — The Online Dating Edition”

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

trcanberra
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690