Hey Joe | Page 2 | Fab Forum

Introducing the inaugural Fab Forum February Fundraiser! Click here for more details.

Please consider registering
Guest

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —






— Match —





— Forum Options —





Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Hey Joe
No permission to create posts
17 July 2010
11.30am
Avatar
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 4392
Member Since:
31 March 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I love Anna. My parents used to play Arthur Alexander's original when I was a kid. I love both of them now.

Mr Moonlight I don't particularly care for, though Lennon's vocals are fantastic. They should have put Leave My Kitten Alone on Beatles For Sale instead.

Please don't spoil my day; I'm miles away

Can buy me love! Please consider using these links to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes

18 July 2010
3.32am
Avatar
John Lemon
strawberry fields
Casbah Coffee Club
Forum Posts: 24
Member Since:
29 June 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Joe said:

I love Anna. My parents used to play Arthur Alexander's original when I was a kid. I love both of them now.

Mr Moonlight I don't particularly care for, though Lennon's vocals are fantastic. They should have put Leave My Kitten Alone on Beatles For Sale instead.


Hey, i also enjoy "Leave My Kitten Alone".  Sounds like the early version of "Hey Bulldog".  It is fantastica-hard-days-night-george-6!!  Oh and i like Anna alot idk why reminds me when i first started listening to the beatles, well that was my favorite album when i was a young lad.a-hard-days-night-paul-7
18 July 2010
4.03am
Avatar
John Lemon
strawberry fields
Casbah Coffee Club
Forum Posts: 24
Member Since:
29 June 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

oh and i think "Boys" is the worst song on Please Please Me, the lyrics dont make sensea-hard-days-night-ringo-7.

18 July 2010
1.23pm
Avatar
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 4392
Member Since:
31 March 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Happy Nat said:

Okay Joe,

 

Rank from your best to worst: The Fireman, The Bee Gees, Plastic Ono (Nuclear) Band, Traveling Wilburys, Wings, All-Starr Band, The Roundheads, The Rolling Stones, Abba.

 


Oh, that's a hard one. Some of them I've never heard, or only a couple of songs.
  1. Plastic Ono Band (does it have to be just the Nuclear Band? If so they'd be further down the list)
  2. Abba (most consistent of the lot)
  3. The Rolling Stones (I've always found them massively overrated, but I like the stuff between Beggars Banquet and Exile)
  4. Wings (for the Band On The Run album)
  5. The Fireman (last album was great, the first was rubbish and I haven't heard Rushes)
  6. The Bee Gees (I like a few of their songs but I wouldn't go to the effort of buying any)
  7. Traveling Wilburys (not particularly bothered, though I haven't heard much by them)
  8. All-Starr Band (don't really care. Sorry Ringo)
  9. The Roundheads (never heard of them)

Please don't spoil my day; I'm miles away

Can buy me love! Please consider using these links to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes

19 July 2010
1.23pm
Avatar
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 4392
Member Since:
31 March 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

1. I got my grandmother to make me a multicoloured jacket like the one John Lennon wears in the I Am The Walrus video. I chose a load of fabrics and everything. When she sent it to me I tried it on and it looked ridiculous, and I never wore it despite being a teenage hippy (this was around 1991 when I was 15).

2. I'm actually quite selective of what I buy, as I have quite a lot of books and CDs and don't want any more unless they're really useful. But there are two books I'd spend money on: the autobiographies of Pete Shotton and Allan Williams. I used to have both when I was younger, but gave them to a charity shop when I was moving house once. I'd love to have them again but they go for quite a bit on eBay.

I did buy The Beatles Live! by Mark Lewisohn, and it didn't have anything that wasn't in the Chronicles book. That was a bit of a waste of money. As for other things, the site makes a reasonable (not huge) amount through Google ads each month so I can normally buy box sets etc if I need them. Basically, any cash that comes in gets recycled into Beatlesness somehow.

The following people thank Joe for this post:

Silly Girl

Please don't spoil my day; I'm miles away

Can buy me love! Please consider using these links to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes

20 July 2010
1.25am
Happy Nat
USA
Ed Sullivan Show
Forum Posts: 166
Member Since:
27 April 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Joe said:

Happy Nat said:

Okay Joe,

 

Rank from your best to worst: The Fireman, The Bee Gees, Plastic Ono (Nuclear) Band, Traveling Wilburys, Wings, All-Starr Band, The Roundheads, The Rolling Stones, Abba.

 


Oh, that's a hard one. Some of them I've never heard, or only a couple of songs.
 
  1. Plastic Ono Band (does it have to be just the Nuclear Band? If so they'd be further down the list)
  2. Abba (most consistent of the lot)
  3. The Rolling Stones (I've always found them massively overrated, but I like the stuff between Beggars Banquet and Exile)
  4. Wings (for the Band On The Run album)
  5. The Fireman (last album was great, the first was rubbish and I haven't heard Rushes)
  6. The Bee Gees (I like a few of their songs but I wouldn't go to the effort of buying any)
  7. Traveling Wilburys (not particularly bothered, though I haven't heard much by them)
  8. All-Starr Band (don't really care. Sorry Ringo)
  9. The Roundheads (never heard of them)

 

Okay Joe, Cool! Very surprised you have The Wilburys that low. They are pretty great in my book....and no not really just Nuclear. That was just sort of a joke. I can't really stomach The Bee Gees so i just threw them in there to see what you thought. The Roundheads are Ringo's band.

Bringing you the best and worst of The Beatles, since 2007.
20 July 2010
4.36am
Avatar
skye
AZ
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2270
Member Since:
12 November 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Joe said:

1. I got my grandmother to make me a multicoloured jacket like the one John Lennon wears in the I Am The Walrus video. I chose a load of fabrics and everything. When she sent it to me I tried it on and it looked ridiculous, and I never wore it despite being a teenage hippy (this was around 1991 when I was 15).


 

You don't bring it out for Halloween?

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!
No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: meanmistermustard, pepperland, Ahhh Girl
80 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 17188

Ahhh Girl: 10784

Annadog40: 9799

Zig: 7584

parlance: 7092

mr. Sun king coming together: 6980

Mr. Kite: 6092

Silly Girl: 5888

trcanberra: 5552

Ron Nasty: 4974

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 3339

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 42

Topics: 3821

Posts: 202664

Newest Members:

SomertonView, Mercury7, babapez, tom_pw, beatlezoe

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 10784, meanmistermustard: 17188, Zig: 7584, Joe: 4392

Administrators: Joe: 4392, Ellie: 3

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today: None
Upcoming: HerMajesty