Harry Potter | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering
Guest

Log In Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

  

— Match —

   

— Forum Options —

   

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Harry Potter
9 October 2010
9.33pm
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2776
Member Since:
9 June 2010
Offline

OK, A Fiendish Thingy, this one's for you! Are there any other Potter nerds on this site?

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

10 October 2010
1.09am
JoB
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 275
Member Since:
21 May 2010
Offline

I'm not really that into it, but I can't wait for the last one to come out. Damn those people who thought it would be a good idea to make it in two parts! A couple of my friends are Harry Potter nerds, we even had a Harry Potter marathon a couple of weeks ago. Only got through two movies though…

I'd like to be, under the sea, in an octopus's garden, with you.
10 October 2010
4.04pm
skye
AZ
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2288
Member Since:
13 November 2009
Offline

As far as the movies go, I only like 3 and 5. I'll watch 4 and 6, but I need rifftrax to watch the first two. I'm happy they've split the last movie into two – there's just too much in DH. The wait between the two will suck.

Have you seen Mark Reads Harry Potter? The language can be a bit blue, especially in the early books, but over all quite enjoyable. It's fun seeing it through new eyes. He's just started Deathly Hallows, so NO SPOILERS!!

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!
10 October 2010
10.03pm
Paulrus
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 899
Member Since:
8 April 2010
Offline

I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan, but I like it. My favourite books are 3 and 5, and 3 and 4 for the movies. The movie for Order of the Phoenix was too jumpy for me. It was sorta like this:

Harry: I had a dream that Ron's dad is being killed by a snake!
Hermione: Let's tell McGonagall!
*cut*
McGonagall: What is it, Harry?
Harry: Ron's dad is being killed by a snake!
McGonagall: Let's tell Dumbledore
*cut*
Harry: Ron's dad is being killed by a snake!

 

I haven't seen the movie in a while, so that's probably a bit of an exaggeration, but it got annoying after a while. In the bit where they go to the Ministry of Magic, they're meant to debate who is going to go on the Hippogriffs because there aren't enough, and then more come, and then they actually ride them there. Then they go through the phone booth into the ministry, and go through a bunch of rooms before they reach the Department of Mysteries. In the movie, they hippogriffs appear, and then it just cuts to them running in the Department of Mysteries. 

I liked the other movies, just not that one.

 

On a semi related note, has anyone seen Alex Reads Twilight?

There's a bit of strong language, just as a warning.

Well, the Ukraine girls really knock me out  They leave the West behind 
14 October 2010
10.03pm
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2776
Member Since:
9 June 2010
Offline

*sighs*

This was supposed to be about the BOOKS, guys. The BOOKS. Not the movies. 

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

15 October 2010
4.22am
JoB
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 275
Member Since:
21 May 2010
Offline

Oh, right. Well, my favourite is the fifth one, even though it is the longest, but that's one of the reasons why I like it. I don't really like the sixth one, cause it seems stupid how he's so obsessed with Malfoy and spends like the whole time trying to find out what he's doing.

Oh, and the books are better than the movies (IMO).

I'd like to be, under the sea, in an octopus's garden, with you.
15 October 2010
5.02am
skye
AZ
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2288
Member Since:
13 November 2009
Offline

MeanMrs.Mustard said:

*sighs*

This was supposed to be about the BOOKS, guys. The BOOKS. Not the movies. 


Can it be about the musicals?
 

 

But siriusly, what would you like to talk about? neil-aspinall

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!
15 October 2010
7.44am
Paulrus
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 899
Member Since:
8 April 2010
Offline
JoB said:

Oh, and the books are better than the movies (IMO).


 Agreed.

 

skye said:

But siriusly, what would you like to talk about? neil-aspinall


I see what you did there
Well, the Ukraine girls really knock me out  They leave the West behind 
15 October 2010
5.43pm
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2776
Member Since:
9 June 2010
Offline

JoB said:

Oh, right. Well, my favourite is the fifth one, even though it is the longest, but that's one of the reasons why I like it. I don't really like the sixth one, cause it seems stupid how he's so obsessed with Malfoy and spends like the whole time trying to find out what he's doing.

Oh, and the books are better than the movies (IMO).


I FREAKING HATE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX

Because Harry is such an idiot in it. 

I think I like Goblet of Fire best. :) 

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

15 October 2010
6.15pm
Decca
Forum Posts: 91
Member Since:
29 September 2010
Offline
10

skye said:

As far as the movies go, I only like 3 and 5. I'll watch 4 and 6, but I need rifftrax to watch the first two. I'm happy they've split the last movie into two – there's just too much in DH. The wait between the two will suck.


a-hard-days-night-ringo-15  Rifftrax?  Skye, you a MSTIE??  I knew I liked you…….*fist bump!*
16 October 2010
3.33am
skye
AZ
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2288
Member Since:
13 November 2009
Offline
11

EyesofBlue said:

skye said:

As far as the movies go, I only like 3 and 5. I'll watch 4 and 6, but I need rifftrax to watch the first two. I'm happy they've split the last movie into two – there's just too much in DH. The wait between the two will suck.


a-hard-days-night-ringo-15  Rifftrax?  Skye, you a MSTIE??  I knew I liked you…….*fist bump!*
 

Yes! Joel or Mike?

MeanMrs.Mustard said:

JoB said:

Oh, right. Well, my favourite is the fifth one, even though it is the longest, but that's one of the reasons why I like it. I don't really like the sixth one, cause it seems stupid how he's so obsessed with Malfoy and spends like the whole time trying to find out what he's doing.

Oh, and the books are better than the movies (IMO).


I FREAKING HATE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX!
 

Because Harry is such an idiot in it. 

I think I like Goblet of Fire best. :) 


Apart from Voldemort's influence (Harry's feelings are not always his own), I always figured Harry was experiencing some form of post traumatic stress disorder. I mean really, he sees a classmate murdered and no one thinks he needs a therapist? Plus, Dumbledore is deliberately keeping him in the dark. So yeah, I can sympathise with CAPSLOCK! Harry.
Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!
16 October 2010
6.54pm
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2776
Member Since:
9 June 2010
Offline
12

skye said:

EyesofBlue said:

skye said:

As far as the movies go, I only like 3 and 5. I'll watch 4 and 6, but I need rifftrax to watch the first two. I'm happy they've split the last movie into two – there's just too much in DH. The wait between the two will suck.


a-hard-days-night-ringo-15  Rifftrax?  Skye, you a MSTIE??  I knew I liked you…….*fist bump!*

 


Yes! Joel or Mike?
 

MeanMrs.Mustard said:

JoB said:

Oh, right. Well, my favourite is the fifth one, even though it is the longest, but that's one of the reasons why I like it. I don't really like the sixth one, cause it seems stupid how he's so obsessed with Malfoy and spends like the whole time trying to find out what he's doing.

Oh, and the books are better than the movies (IMO).


I FREAKING HATE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX!

 

Because Harry is such an idiot in it. 

I think I like Goblet of Fire best. :) 


Apart from Voldemort's influence (Harry's feelings are not always his own), I always figured Harry was experiencing some form of post traumatic stress disorder. I mean really, he sees a classmate murdered and no one thinks he needs a therapist? Plus, Dumbledore is deliberately keeping him in the dark. So yeah, I can sympathise with CAPSLOCK! Harry.
 

I thought EVERYONE thought he needed a therapist. 

Paulsbass, I thought it was kind of clear I meant the books. I said "nerds," not "geeks." a-hard-days-night-george-10 Probably just a case of "but it made sense in my head!"

Another great thing about this forum: you don't get "reading is boring" or "movies are better than books because they're shorter." Everyone here is so literary! :D 

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

17 October 2010
12.41am
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1108
Member Since:
4 April 2010
Offline
13

I only read book 1 and am not interested in reading more.

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."
17 October 2010
1.58am
JoB
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 275
Member Since:
21 May 2010
Offline
14

Why?

I'd like to be, under the sea, in an octopus's garden, with you.
17 October 2010
4.24am
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2776
Member Since:
9 June 2010
Offline

MrBig said:

I only read book 1 and am not interested in reading more.


Haha, fail. I said "which one" because I read "1 book" instead of "book 1." The two words reversed can make a big difference! 

How come? Did it turn you off? 

In the future, can you please refrain from posting in threads that have nothing to do with you? Let the people who actually read the books use the thread. It keeps the thread uncluttered from unnecessary posts.   

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

17 October 2010
11.04pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4651
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline

I've read all the books and I think they're fantastic. Good fun, and if I had a kid, I'd be give my little Juan Pablo the books to read them in a heart bit. My favorite character is Severus Snape. Being played by Alan Rickman helped a lot to make him my favorite though.

But are they flawless? Naw, there are some little things that I don't like, example, Harry and Voldemort last fight (That of walking in circles while talking was kind of fanfic-ish) and Harry in some books is kind of annoying to me. I think the most important is that I know teens who read the books and now they're into more serious stuff. If that opens the door for them to get addicted to books, what else can we ask for?

 

I'm more a Lord of the Rings book fan myself. (Notice I say book, not movie. I don't hate them, but I can't find love for TTT.. The only thing the movie that surpassed the book was Viggo Mortensen, Liv Tyler and Sean Bean. They will be always Aragorn, Arwen and Boromir in my mind. I adore Faramir, but my heart went to Aragorn and Boromir when I saw them on the screen. David Wenham was a fantastic Faramir, I don't deny that, but they changed him so much that no, that's not MY Faramir. Sorry, maybe we need to make a LoTR topic.)

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
18 October 2010
10.03pm
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1108
Member Since:
4 April 2010
Offline
17


 

MeanMrs.Mustard said:

MrBig said:

I only read book 1 and am not interested in reading more.


In the future, can you please refrain from posting in threads that have nothing to do with you? Let the people who actually read the books use the thread. It keeps the thread uncluttered from unnecessary posts.

 

 

Well, from my understanding, the thread was about harry potter, so I assume that anything including Harry Potter is pretty much appropriate.


"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."
18 October 2010
10.05pm
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1108
Member Since:
4 April 2010
Offline
18

MeanMrs.Mustard said:

MrBig said:

I only read book 1 and am not interested in reading more.


Haha, fail. I said "which one" because I read "1 book" instead of "book 1." The two words reversed can make a big difference! 

How come? Did it turn you off? 

In the future, can you please refrain from posting in threads that have nothing to do with you? Let the people who actually read the books use the thread. It keeps the thread uncluttered from unnecessary posts.   


I'm not into the whole fantasy genre (or whatever the hell Harry Potter is). Although, I do like Lord of the Rings.
"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."
22 October 2010
5.03am
arthurthemoptop
A Beginning
Forum Posts: 8
Member Since:
21 October 2010
Offline
19

Oh my God, I love Harry Potter and I can't wait for the seventh movie to come out. I've read the books like a million times each. :D

I love Snape. :D

Bang! Bang! Maxwell's silver hammer cam down upon her head. Clang! Clang! Maxwell's silver hammer made sure that she was dead.
22 October 2010
5.06am
Roseus Skywalker
A Beginning
Forum Posts: 1
Member Since:
22 October 2010
Offline
20

I know! Harry Potter is the best! I can't wait for the 7th one to come out!!!!apple01

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online:
50 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9281

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 4917

mithveaen: 4651

Ahhh Girl: 4550

Zig: 3719

Annadog40: 3666

Mr. Kite: 3294

Ron Nasty: 2973

fabfouremily: 2927

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 2518

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3184

Posts: 129746

Newest Members: Mariana, badbartimus, imabeatlemaniac, A Serviceable Villain, rich23

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (4550), meanmistermustard (9281), Zig (3719), Joe (3405)

Administrators: Joe (3405), Ellie (1)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: hermajesty