Favorite album? | Page 2 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering
Guest

Log In Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

  

— Match —

   

— Forum Options —

   

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Favorite album?
29 July 2010
4.08am
Marcelo
Shea Stadium
Forum Posts: 487
Member Since:
27 February 2010
Offline
21

Déjà vu?

If you talk about Caifanes, talk about daddy first: Soda Stereo… (bastard mode= ON)blue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanie

 

I'm not going to post again my favourite albums (I'm serious: isn't it a déjà vu thread?), but post what I think they're PERFECT albums (nothing left out, nothing unnecessary in):

1. Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars by David Bowie

2. London Calling by The Clash

3. Canción Animal by Soda Stereo

4. The Joshua Tree by U2

5. The Dark side of the Moon by Pink Floyd

I'd like to say "thank you" on behalf of the group and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition. John Lennon
29 July 2010
4.18am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4651
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline

Marcelo said:

Déjà vu?

If you talk about Caifanes, talk about daddy first: Soda Stereo… (bastard mode= ON)blue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanie

 


Actually yes, quite deja vu.
 

I'm going to make a list and start getting those albums.

 

*bowing* and yes, Soda is the father and mother of all Latinoamerica bands, but strange enough I never got one of their albums. Maybe because my ex boyfriends were fans and I listened to theirs. But I have tons of favorite songs. The one that makes me and all my coworkers dance, sing, shout and weep is this one.

 

Ladies and Gentleman, Soda Stereo. De Musica Ligera.

 

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
29 July 2010
5.15am
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1353
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline
23

Marcelo said:

Déjà vu?

If you talk about Caifanes, talk about daddy first: Soda Stereo… (bastard mode= ON)blue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanie

 

I'm not going to post again my favourite albums (I'm serious: isn't it a déjà vu thread?), but post what I think they're PERFECT albums (nothing left out, nothing unnecessary in):

1. Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars by David Bowie

2. London Calling by The Clash

3. Canción Animal by Soda Stereo

4. The Joshua Tree by U2

5. The Dark side of the Moon by Pink Floyd


I like that list, that Bowie cd is just out there, but then again so was everything he did. Dark Side of the Moon is just off the charts, the sound quality of that album is unbelievable. And London Calling is so cool, they just play so many different types of music that it almost makes it the Clash's version of the White Album.

I guess my favorite non-Beatles cd would be Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. It's just so beautiful and there are so many different types of music being played on that album. Coming in a close second right now would be Stevie Wonder's Original Musiquarium.

I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine
29 July 2010
5.18am
LadyMadonna
Lying on the bed, listening to the music playing in my head.
A Beginning
Forum Posts: 6
Member Since:
27 July 2010
Offline

mithveaen said:

Mecano – Entre el Cielo y el Suelo, Aidalai. Descanso Dominical


 
Oh yeah, Mecano! We have a tradition of spending New Year's Eve with friends from Spain. They DVR the celebration from Puerta del Sol, then at midnight our time, we watch it and sing the "cuenta trás" song and do the grape thing. My husband used to have a bunch of Mecano albums on cassette tape, but I don't know what happened to them.

ETA: I made it to the church. Yay me!

29 July 2010
6.15am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4651
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline
25

LadyMadonna said:

mithveaen said:

Mecano – Entre el Cielo y el Suelo, Aidalai. Descanso Dominical


Oh yeah, Mecano! We have a tradition of spending New Year's Eve with friends from Spain. They DVR the celebration from Puerta del Sol, then at midnight our time, we watch it and sing the "cuenta trás" song and do the grape thing. My husband used to have a bunch of Mecano albums on cassette tape, but I don't know what happened to them.
 


 

Ah yeah you mean "Un Año Mas" song.  I love it.

(Sorry for the videos, I like to share the music I like)

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
29 July 2010
3.54pm
Marcelo
Shea Stadium
Forum Posts: 487
Member Since:
27 February 2010
Offline
26

GniknuS said:

(…) And London Calling is so cool, they just play so many different types of music that it almost makes it the Clash's version of the White Album.


 

I always feel the same thing!

 

I think that The Unforgettable Fire is "U2's Revolver" and Joshua Tree is their "Sgt. Pepper", as well as Rattle and Hum is  their "White Album"… Hum, wait, too much coincidence…

 

Anyway, I think this way.

I'd like to say "thank you" on behalf of the group and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition. John Lennon
29 July 2010
4.27pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4651
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline
27

Marcelo said:

 

I think that The Unforgettable Fire is "U2's Revolver" and Joshua Tree is their "Sgt. Pepper", as well as Rattle and Hum is  their "White Album"… Hum, wait, too much coincidence…

 

Anyway, I think this way.


 

I'd say Achtung Baby-Zooropa is their White Album because of their "love-or-hate" quality…. I guess…

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
29 July 2010
11.25pm
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2174
Member Since:
14 December 2009
Offline
28

Hm. Well, I like most of their "Revolver", half of "Sgt. Pepper" and, uh, "Live at the Hollywood Bowl" I guess; and that's enough U2 for me, thanks!

One day, a tape-op got a tape on backwards, he went to play it, and it was all "Neeeradno-undowarrroom" and it was "Wow! Sounds Indian!" -- Paul McCartney
30 July 2010
12.27am
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1353
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline
29

Von Bontee said:

Hm. Well, I like most of their "Revolver", half of "Sgt. Pepper" and, uh, "Live at the Hollywood Bowl" I guess; and that's enough U2 for me, thanks!


Yeah I've never really understood the U2 craze. But their fans swear they're just as good as the Beatles.a-hard-days-night-ringo-7
I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine
30 July 2010
1.08am
Marcelo
Shea Stadium
Forum Posts: 487
Member Since:
27 February 2010
Offline
30

GniknuS said:

Von Bontee said:

Hm. Well, I like most of their "Revolver", half of "Sgt. Pepper" and, uh, "Live at the Hollywood Bowl" I guess; and that's enough U2 for me, thanks!


Yeah I've never really understood the U2 craze. But their fans swear they're just as good as the Beatles.a-hard-days-night-ringo-7
 

 

You mean some of their fans, because I can't say that, no way!

U2 is, at least up to Achtung Baby, a great band, and one of my favourites, and Beatles is the best band ever. I think that even R.E.M. (the other that I like) is more consistent.

I'd like to say "thank you" on behalf of the group and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition. John Lennon
30 July 2010
1.15am
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1353
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline
31

Marcelo said:

GniknuS said:

Von Bontee said:

Hm. Well, I like most of their "Revolver", half of "Sgt. Pepper" and, uh, "Live at the Hollywood Bowl" I guess; and that's enough U2 for me, thanks!


Yeah I've never really understood the U2 craze. But their fans swear they're just as good as the Beatles.a-hard-days-night-ringo-7

 


 

You mean some of their fans, because I can't say that, no way!

U2 is, at least up to Achtung Baby, a great band, and one of my favourites, and Beatles is the best band ever. I think that even R.E.M. (the other that I like) is more consistent.


In all honesty I only own a few U2 cds, the Joshua Tree, War and the Unforgettable Fire, so I don't know all that much about the group. But still I've met some pretty crazy U2 fans over the years.
I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine
30 July 2010
1.38am
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1108
Member Since:
4 April 2010
Offline
32

Marcelo said:

GniknuS said:

Von Bontee said:

Hm. Well, I like most of their "Revolver", half of "Sgt. Pepper" and, uh, "Live at the Hollywood Bowl" I guess; and that's enough U2 for me, thanks!


Yeah I've never really understood the U2 craze. But their fans swear they're just as good as the Beatles.a-hard-days-night-ringo-7

 


 

You mean some of their fans, because I can't say that, no way!

U2 is, at least up to Achtung Baby, a great band, and one of my favourites, and Beatles is the best band ever. I think that even R.E.M. (the other that I like) is more consistent.


The Toadies blow them out of the water.
"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."
30 July 2010
1.58am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4651
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline
33

Marcelo said:

GniknuS said:


Yeah I've never really understood the U2 craze. But their fans swear they're just as good as the Beatles.a-hard-days-night-ringo-7

 


 

You mean some of their fans, because I can't say that, no way!

U2 is, at least up to Achtung Baby, a great band, and one of my favourites, and Beatles is the best band ever.


 

Hey so do I!!  a-hard-days-night-ringo-8

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
30 July 2010
1.59am
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1108
Member Since:
4 April 2010
Offline
34

mithveaen said:

Marcelo said:

GniknuS said:


Yeah I've never really understood the U2 craze. But their fans swear they're just as good as the Beatles.a-hard-days-night-ringo-7
 

 

You mean some of their fans, because I can't say that, no way!

U2 is, at least up to Achtung Baby, a great band, and one of my favourites, and Beatles is the best band ever.


 

Hey so do I!!  a-hard-days-night-ringo-8


U2 is the most overrated band in history.
"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."
30 July 2010
7.05am
The CREeK
A Small Town 22 Miles South of Oregon
London Palladium
Forum Posts: 109
Member Since:
18 April 2010
Offline
35

I also like The Sound of Madness album by Shinedown (just getting this forum back on track… hopefully)

30 July 2010
1.12pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Moderator



Forum Posts: 3652
Member Since:
14 April 2010
Offline
36

Marcelo said:

1. Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars by David Bowie

2. London Calling by The Clash

3. Canción Animal by Soda Stereo

4. The Joshua Tree by U2

5. The Dark side of the Moon by Pink Floyd


 A very nice list, that. I have all but number 3 in my CD rack.

Take your number 1 album, along with about a case and a half of beer, and before you know it you will have a nickname – worked for me.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

30 July 2010
3.28pm
Marcelo
Shea Stadium
Forum Posts: 487
Member Since:
27 February 2010
Offline
37

GniknuS said:

In all honesty I only own a few U2 cds, the Joshua Tree, War and the Unforgettable Fire, so I don't know all that much about the group. But still I've met some pretty crazy U2 fans over the years.

 


 

Well, for what I know, you have the core of their career…

 

Zig said:

Marcelo said:

1. Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars by David Bowie

2. London Calling by The Clash

3. Canción Animal by Soda Stereo

4. The Joshua Tree by U2

5. The Dark side of the Moon by Pink Floyd


A very nice list, that. I have all but number 3 in my CD rack.
 

 

Try it, it's a great album.

 

Zig said:

 

Take your number 1 album, along with about a case and a half of beer, and before you know it you will have a nickname – worked for me.


 

Oh, I see… Hahaha!

I'd like to say "thank you" on behalf of the group and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition. John Lennon
30 July 2010
3.52pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Moderator



Forum Posts: 3652
Member Since:
14 April 2010
Offline
38

Marcelo said:

Try it, it's a great album.

 


 If I see it, I'll check it out – thanks for the recommendation!

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

30 July 2010
4.45pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4651
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline

Zig said:

Marcelo said:

Try it, it's a great album.

 


If I see it, I'll check it out – thanks for the recommendation!
 

 

I second Marcelo's recommendation. You can search in Youtube "soda stereo cancion animal album" and find all the tracks.

 

Edit about U2, I'd recommend you All you can't leave behind and How to dismantle an atomic bomb. There some crow pleasers (like Vertigo or Elevation) but some stuff like Kite, Walk On, Miracle Drug is fantastic. Well at least they're fantastic IMHO

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
30 July 2010
7.10pm
vonbontee
Inside a Letterbox
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2176
Member Since:
1 December 2009
Offline
40

Zig said:

Take your number 1 album, along with about a case and a half of beer, and before you know it you will have a nickname – worked for me.

 


 

Haha holy shit, I've already mentioned MX-80 Sound's "Hard Attack" as my alltime favourite album. That was their 1977 debut. Their first release overall was "Big Hits/Hard Pop From the Hoosiers", a 7-inch 7-song EP released a year earlier. First track on Side Two? "Myonga Von Bontee"!

 

 

I just want to play. I’d like to think I could work opposite Sinatra, B.B. King, the Beatles, or a polka band... - Jazz musician Rahsaan Roland Kirk, 1967
Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: MrMoonlight
55 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9238

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 4908

mithveaen: 4651

Ahhh Girl: 4497

Zig: 3652

Annadog40: 3570

Mr. Kite: 3209

Ron Nasty: 2956

fabfouremily: 2927

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 2507

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3188

Posts: 129093

Newest Members: Dear Boy, yoko-oh-no, Davenicks, Johnny Rhythm, 165721

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (4497), meanmistermustard (9238), Zig (3652), Joe (3404)

Administrators: Joe (3404), Ellie (1)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: callan1967