The Beatles Bootleg Recordings 1963 - Official Release | Page 6 | The albums | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The Beatles Bootleg Recordings 1963 - Official Release
10 January 2014
10.53pm
FLFIORE
Argentina
St Peters Church
Forum Posts: 14

Ahhh Girl said

FLFIORE said
Hi from argentina. I love "A Taste Of Honey". While nowhere near their masterpieces, it is a wonderful performance of a haunting melody and a highlight of their first LP.

Love those vocals "...yes I-I will return..." "I'll come back..." And so forth.

Comments welcome!

Hi FLFIORE. Glad you have jumped into our discussions. Have you stumbled across the thread where you can tell us about how you got to know the Beatles music? We would love to hear your story if you would like to tell it. Being from Argentina, do you have any fondness for "Maxwell's Silver Hammer?" Have you heard Paul's solo song that has the lyric "kiss your lips of silver?" Or, perhaps you and other Argentinians are tired of the references to silver. If so, sorry for the attempt at humor.

Thank you "Ahhh girl" I have just posted my first Beatles experiences in the "My fist Beatles songs" thread. I reproduce it below.

I would like to share how I came to hear The Beatles. I was born and raised in Argentina and I was 12 years old when their first records were released (1964). Attending an English school, I first heard them at schoolmates' homes. But they were impossible to ignore, they were everywhere, immediately popular. A commercial on TV with Spanish lyrics over I Saw Her Standing There, Teen magazines with pics and info on them, everything from the start. They showed the Ed Sullivan show on Argentine TV but I can't tell exactly when. I was blown away as my schoolmates, my siblings and everybody else.

I bought their singles and EPs which pretty much covered 10 songs of Please Please Me, so my first album was the second. Later in 1964, I got A hard days' night. Issues followed the UK versions.

Parents and teachers largely did not like them but this was the mid-sixties and the generation gap. Paradoxically, it was my Dad who brought home the single Please Please Me c/w Love Me Do, in late 1963. This is before Beatlemania, so he hadn't yet seen their long hair and rebellious attitude but kudos to him, he must have liked the music!

The Beatles were tops until I heard Cream, then for a couple of years I became "progressive" and the Beatles were second bill. But that did not last long and they are at the top of my list since.

My favorites are Strawberry Fields Forever, Penny Lane, Norwegian Wood, A Day In The Life and Hey Jude. Of the early years, my favourite is and always has been I Saw Her Standing There. Talk about energy and enthusiasm...

18 January 2014
4.53am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5188

Article on the legal strategy behind the brief release of the bootlegs.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

24 February 2014
1.28am
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Shea Stadium
Forum Posts: 484

SatanHimself said
$40...?  I think 'no'.

I'm a working-class single Father with one income here.  Time to do the despicable and just DL the torrent.

Sorry folks.

To be fair though, I've paid good money for the vinyl box set, the stereo CDs, the new BBC set, the mono box set as well as the blu-rays, DVDs and the Anthology book.  I've paid many times over for the right to DL a hastily-compiled bare-bones set for free.

Amen.  If they had released the versions before I found them otherwheres, I would have bought them.  And I bought the vast majority of my collection in 2013, to the tune of a several hundred usd (and more to come I'm sure).  Are you talking about the Anthology dvd set, or are there others I don't know about (official releases)?

Half of what I say is meaningless...

Help keep BeatlesBible alive! Use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes
24 February 2014
1.36am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2616

MattBusby said

SatanHimself said
$40...?  I think 'no'.

I'm a working-class single Father with one income here.  Time to do the despicable and just DL the torrent.

Sorry folks.

To be fair though, I've paid good money for the vinyl box set, the stereo CDs, the new BBC set, the mono box set as well as the blu-rays, DVDs and the Anthology book.  I've paid many times over for the right to DL a hastily-compiled bare-bones set for free.

Amen.  If they had released the versions before I found them otherwheres, I would have bought them.  And I bought the vast majority of my collection in 2013, to the tune of a several hundred usd (and more to come I'm sure).  Are you talking about the Anthology dvd set, or are there others I don't know about (official releases)?

A Hard Day's Night and Helpwere both DVDS, I assume that's what he meant

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
13 March 2014
6.58pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop

It looks like the recordings are available to download in the US at iTunes again. Or am I misreading this? I haven't really been paying attention due to the $40 price tag myself.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

13 March 2014
7.03pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9850

I thought they had always been up, just buried deep down in amongst the tribute bands and cover albums so no-one stumbling about would come across them.

He told us not to get overwhelmed by grief and whatever thoughts we have... to keep them happy, because any thoughts we have of him will travel to him wherever he is. (John Lennon - 27/8/67)
13 March 2014
7.05pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop

meanmistermustard said
I thought they had always been up, just buried deep down in amongst the tribute bands and cover albums so no-one stumbling about would come across them.

Yeah, that's why I'm confused - I thought they'd gone up and only been available for 2 hours at first. So maybe they just got buried as you say.

parlance

13 March 2014
7.50pm
meanmistermustard

Had a very quick scan thru a Google search and could see nothing about them being removed and you'd have thought such a move would have reported somewhere, even if just a short article at Wogblog or Examiner. 

@parlance, did you just come upon them or did someone post a comment saying they were back?

He told us not to get overwhelmed by grief and whatever thoughts we have... to keep them happy, because any thoughts we have of him will travel to him wherever he is. (John Lennon - 27/8/67)
13 March 2014
7.58pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop

meanmistermustard said
Had a very quick scan thru a Google search and could see nothing about them being removed and you'd have thought such a move would have reported somewhere, even if just a short article at Wogblog or Examiner. 

@parlance, did you just come upon them or did someone post a comment saying they were back?

I just saw a post at FB. I'll have to look for the articles that mentioned the bootlegs only being available for a short time.

parlance

13 March 2014
8.06pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop

Oh, here's where we discussed it within this thread.

parlance

13 March 2014
8.29pm
meanmistermustard

That all seems to have happened due to reports from some places online pre-release that Apple would have it up and down before many could load the link. Folks concerns were then intensified when it went live in a handful of countries before vanishing for a number of hours until it again appeared later in the afternoon everywhere but this time at a higher price.

It's thought it was taken down due to a pricing error, not a misguided marketing ploy.

Folks here will know this so its more a recap.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

parlance, Matt Busby
Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: beatlepedia, Oudis, UnidentifiedFiendishThingy
65 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9850

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 5188

Ahhh Girl: 5123

mithveaen: 4651