24 July 2012
12 April 2012
I'm going to do a new ranking
11. With The Beatles
10. Please Please Me
9. Beatles For Sale
8. A Hard Days Night
5. Let It Be
4. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
3. Rubber Soul
2. White Album
1. Abbey Road
With compilations, alternative album versions….. (I won't include let it be now because I'm going to use naked)
18. With The Beatles
17. Please Please Me
16. Beatles For Sale
15. A Hard Days Night
14. Past Masters, Vol. 1
13. Anthology 1
11. Yellow Submarine
9. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band
8. Anthology 2
7. Anthology 3
6. Rubber Soul
5. Magical Mystery Tour
4. Let It Be… Naked
3. White Album
2. Past Masters, Vol. 2
1. Abbey Road
Wow Abbey Road is the only album which is on the same place in both rankings
23 July 2012
1 December 2009
12 January 2013
Finally a place to say my albums
A Hard Days Night :
Beatles for Sale:
Let it Be
I'm not going to list The Beatles songtracks bottom line I'm dropping Revolution 9, Wild Honey Pie, Why Don't We Do It In The Road? and added Not Guilty, Junk, Sour Milk Sea, Child Of Nature and the Revolution from the single instead of Revolution 1.
With the Beatles
The Incedibly True Story THat Never Ends. By Sam.
Best Friend: WHat are you listening to
Me: The Beatles
Best Friend: Go Figure
17 January 2013
I admire everybody's efforts on these posts, because I just can't wrap my brain around it. It's just so much good music, I find it way too hard to decide! Although I will say, that if someone held a gun to my head and said I HAD to choose my favourite album, it would be Sgt. Pepper.
"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been.. I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene.. Banjos! Banjos! All the time, I can't forget that tune.. and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"
20 December 2010
6 December 2012
13 – 2) I'll figure it out later.
1) Abbey Road
Do you want to know a secret? Read my username backwards. ~ ~ ~ - - - . . . - - - ~ ~ ~ Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy...
☮ & <3
18 March 2013
22 March 2013
I guarantee this will change later on, like it always does;
1. Rubber Soul
2. Abbey Road
4. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
10. The White Album
11. Beatles for Sale
12. Let It Be
13. Yellow Submarine
30 March 2013
Pretty difficult to determine. I've never really tried to rank the albums (except my favorite album)
13) Yellow Submarine – around 70% of the album was either already released or instrumentals.
12) Beatles For Sale – sorry, folks, I'm not a huge fan of this one.
11) With The Beatles – had some good ones and some mediocre ones.
09) A Hard Day's Night – First (and last) full Lennon/McCartney album, had some that were a bit too noisy
06) Rubber Soul – I know many will disagree about the ranking on this, but I still love the album, I just think the 5 others are better.
05) Revolver – Another one which people will disagree with me about. It's a masterpiece, though.
04) The Beatles (White Album) – I think if it was condensed into one album it could have been their best, still great none the less.
03) Magical Mystery Tour – Side 1 was okay, while side 2 was The Beatles at their best.
02) Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band – So ahead of it's time, it's ahead of present time.
01) Abbey Road – The greatest possible way for a band to go out was this album – they went out with a bang.
This was my first post.
6 December 2012
5 November 2011
13 February 2013
More impossible answers! Ok:
2- Abbey Road
3- Sgt Peppers
(this was the easy part)
4- Rubber Soul
5- The Beatles (White Album)
(this was a bit more difficult)
12- Beatles For Sale
Let's just ignore Yellow Submarine
30 March 2013
8 February 2014
This was definitely tough. I'll limit myself to the basic 13. I'm a bit biased towards the later stuff, born in '63, the White Album and after are ingrained in my brain from an early age, but earlier stuff I've had to acquire a taste for (not that it was difficult This is my first post :) My real name is Mike, I'm 51 – my eldest is Mike, he's 20, and guess who his favorite band is :) Man you guys know so much – I think I'll put Hunter Davies' book aside and just camp out here! Anyway, cutting to the chase:
12: With the Beatles
11. Beatles For Sale.
9. The White Album (a lot of good songs, but maybe should have been a single disk – some stuff really could have been left off, cf helter skelter, Why Don't We Do It In The Road? – I wouldn't call them bad exactly, and they add to the ambience of the album for sure, but)…
8. Rubber Soul (ok it's starting to get tough)
7. Help! (got it on right now!)
6. Please Please Me (packed with great tunes that the boys did from early on – i think – can't quite sort the individual songs by first recording
5. Let it Be – I know they fought like cats and dogs and it does show, but i just like some of the songs too much to rate it lower – note my bias for later stuff) – getting easier now
4. Magical Mystery Tour (fool on the hill is the first beatles song i can specifically remember where and when i was the first time i heard it, and strawberry fields and Penny Lane are in my top 5 beatles songs…er, make that 10, 5 is really just all ties for #1 and leaves some out – imagine my joy at Anthology 2 disk 2)
3. Revolver – funny i thought this would end up a couple notches lower…it's just too solid – Doctor Robert is the only track that doesn't rank in my top 10…ok make it 20…sheesh can i get 25? It has one of the most famous Beatles pioneering methods, too, among the many they did – i refer to the backwards guitar
1.5 Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band – how could I put the best r&r album ever made (according to several prominent lists) 2nd? i guess i'm not a prominent list – plus i just refused to put a 2 in front of it lol
1. Abbey Road – between the childhood memories, and the blockbuster songs, and the way it flows…I don't think it's as flawless as Sgt Pepper's, but the number of high ranked – in my ears – tracks makes Abbey Road the winner.
16 August 2012
4 February 2014
Allow me to steal your words…
#1. They're like my children. You love them, even for their faults. Not everything they do is perfect, but everything they do is part of a greater whole which makes our world a better place.
I just can't rate them, even though I like some a little better than others I can't say that about 'my children'
17 January 2014
Top 5 Easily Change Time to Time
1. Rubber Soul (Mood and color of this Album sucks me in, as song writers they learned to recreate the moment, feeling and emotion of a song)
2. Revolver (Love how they supercharged there guitars on this and great studio experimentation)
3. Peppers (Mix of RS and Revolver to me)
4. Abbey Road (Love the first side great work by George and John , Melody was kinda weak do to lack of effort on Lennons part and no George)
5. White Album (Thought Lennon killed this album, but its like three solo albums in one. Lacks collaboration)
6. Help! (Thought this was there best album and great predecessor to RS right before there studio explosion)
7. Let it Be (Some good tunes lacks any effort by John showing weak collaboration on all fronts)
8. Please Please Me (Love the Original Compositions and Covers)
9. A Hard Day's Night (Some great tracks, halted there maturation as song writers in my opinion due to busy schedule)
10. Magical Mystery Tour (EP) (Hard to Rank as its was an EP believe it was just a fun project for them to do to keep there minds of Epsteins death)
11.With the Beatles (Great tracks progressing song wise from PPM, also dipping and showing a foreshadow of their diverse style)
12. Beatles For Sale (Forced album they were worked to the ground at this point, completely rushed and record company demanded more)
13. Yellow Submarine (Not sure how to rank this nota real studio album in my opinion so put it last)
Most Users Ever Online: 597
Currently Online: Ahhh Girl, trcanberra, Annadog40, Bulldog, Filipe
Currently Browsing this Page:
mr. Sun king coming together: 6916
Ahhh Girl: 4510
Mr. Kite: 3234
Ron Nasty: 2960
Guest Posters: 87
Newest Members: Dear Boy, yoko-oh-no, Davenicks, Johnny Rhythm, 165721
Moderators: Ahhh Girl (4510), meanmistermustard (9241), Zig (3662), Joe (3404)
Administrators: Joe (3404), Ellie (1)