19 September 2010
My list is so wrong. So, I'll redo it.
1. Revolver. It has 12 of 14 Amazing songs, and even the two I don't love (TNK and YS) I respect the attempt, and the innovation. And also, GO HORNS!!! They have used outside musicians well, especially on For No One and Got To Get You Into My Life.
2. Abbey Road. Medley Time!! It goes together so well. I love this album, and anything with Here Comes The Sun is good by me. And the circumstances of its recording is just short of amazing. A triumph.
3. Pepper. It has A Day In The Life, making it a triumph for all involved. Within You Without You has some amazing lyrics courtesy of George.
4. The White Album. 4 solo albums in 1. Love the tunes, although I wish Not Guilty and the Anthology 3 version of WMGGW were used. Still a great set of tunes (Don't mention track 29)
5. Rubber Soul. John's peak as a writer. He has 3 songs that rival his best, but the last track means it only is 5.
6. A Hard Day's Night. My only issue is that Paul has 3 songs out of 13. But still, John has a hell of a lot of good songs.
7. With The Beatles. The covers are great, but the originals pale in comparison to some of the great singles on 1963.
8. Please Please Me. If it weren't for A Taste Of Honey and Love Me Do, it would be higher. I finally am loving I Saw Her Standing There.
9. Magical Mystery Tour. Too hit and miss. The best are fantastic, but the rest are some of the worst.
10. Beatles For Sale. I think someone said if this was album 3, it would be better. I agree.
11. Let It Be. Spector didn't ruin it to much, but I prefer Naked.
12. Help! See #9
13. YS. 4 songs does not make an album.
9 June 2010
14 November 2010
Okay, I'll have a stab at it.
these are in order of the ones I enjoy most at the moment. of course it changes from time to time. and I'll get to do it all over again! what fun!
Revolver – it's magical.
The White Album (if I skip a boatload of them)
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band – it's thouroughly excellent, I just don't enjoy it as much.
A Hard Day's Night
Yellow Submarine *shudder*
19 March 2011
2. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
"A Day In The Life" is my favorite Beatles composition that they published as a band. The whole album is just so…natural. I just used to be scared of "For the Benefit of Mr Kite".
3. Abbey Road
The medleys flow perfectly. I can't help but love this album.
4. The Beatles (The White Album)
I think I made myself love this album, but it is the reason why I am fond of truffles.
5. A Hard Day's Night
Just the sound of the album. It sounds dated, a bit, but still classic in all the good ways.
6. Rubber Soul
"In My Life" is my second favorite Beatles song, having that it makes me think of my past, almost makes me cry sometimes. It's a beatiful song, let alone album.
I just really like the songs. No other way to explain it.
This album features some REALLY good music.
9. Let It Be
Great songs, horrible songs. Every album has them, but this one just…I don't know. "The Long And Winding Road" makes me fall asleep, and get bored very fast.
10. Please Please Me
The first album, so very classic. "Boys"…I don't feel like expressing my emotions towards the song.
11. With The Beatles
12.Beatles for Sale
Mostly covers. Some of the songs…originals: hot; covers: not.
13. Yellow Submarine
"Hey Bulldog". That's it.
4 March 2011
1. Revolver – I love this album so much!! Theirs not one song on it I don't like, and I think that on this album, all of George's songs are as good as Paul and John's songs.
2. Abbey Road – side two is crazy, and this album was a great end to the best band of all times!
3. With The Beatles – I just really like the vocals on this album, and I the covers are grate, too! I especialy like Money and Please Mr. Postman and I like George's songs on this alat too!!!
5. A Hard Day's Night and Help! And Rubber Soul – I can't decide which ones I like better! There all so grate!? And I love all the songs on all these albums, even though I said Act Naturally was in my 10 least favorites, I'd changed my mind since then, I think it fits Ringo prrfectley
6. Please Please Me – I love how raw this albm is, and they picks the perfict songs to start and end this album.!!!
8. Beatles For Sale - I like this album a whole lot, and I think it's got the best intro of all the Beatles albums!!!
9. The White Album - this album has so many great songs on it, and only a couple not so great songs on it(Revolution 9, Wild Honey Pie & Goodnight) which is pretty crazy considering how big it is. And now that I think of it harder, I don't think that this album should be this low, but I don't kno wear else I'd put it!!
10. Let It Be – Alot of great songs on this album, not greatly produced though, unfortunatelely
11. Yellow Submarine - I don't think that needs an explanation..
14 November 2010
for some odd reason, I really like Flying. I put it on repeat while reading one of my Beatles books, and it was perfect for zoning out and reading. hmm I see thread potential here…
19 March 2011
Uhh…Strawberry (can I call you that?), where is With The Beatles?
Most Users Ever Online: 597
Currently Online: Ron Nasty, Expert Textpert, acmac, Ahhh Girl, Bungalow Bob, Annadog40, Mr. Kite, Matt Busby, Dirk McQuickly
Currently Browsing this Page:
mr. Sun king coming together: 6972
Ron Nasty: 2541
Von Bontee: 1855
Guest Posters: 87
Newest Members: BeatleZak, Mast Paster, Stephen Merrick, happyfeetgroove, captaindiggity
Moderators: Ahhh Girl (3405), fabfouremily (2941), Zig (3308), Joe (3220), Ellie (1)
Administrators: Joe (3220)