Favorite Beatles album cover | Page 2 | Fab Forum

Introducing the inaugural Fab Forum February Fundraiser! Click here for more details.

Please consider registering
Guest

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —






— Match —





— Forum Options —





Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Favorite Beatles album cover
No permission to create posts
11 June 2010
1.00am
Avatar
Monkberry
A Beginning
Forum Posts: 5
Member Since:
10 June 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Gotta be Abbey Road! Iconic is the only word that comes to mind. After the headache-inducing Sgt. Peppers and Magical Mystery, the group seemed to go for pure simplicity (i.e. the all white cover for THE BEATLES). Abbey Road was simplistic while still being beautiful and eye-dazzling at the same time. I call Abbey Road iconic because it has been mimicked a thousand damn times (probably more than Peppers), it fit right in with those crazy "Paul is dead" rumors with the whole funeral procession shit, it influenced EMI to rename the studio and how many fuckers have gone to that location just to take a pic of themselfs walking the path...
I love the fact that the band is walking away from the studio in the photo for the last time or "the end" of an era. It's symbolic, simple and iconic all at the same friggin' time...it's genius is what it is!

Moon Delight...SUCK IT!
11 June 2010
1.10am
Avatar
Sunii
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 648
Member Since:
13 February 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Monkberry said:

Gotta be Abbey Road! Iconic is the only word that comes to mind. After the headache-inducing Sgt. Peppers and Magical Mystery, the group seemed to go for pure simplicity (i.e. the all white cover for THE BEATLES). Abbey Road was simplistic while still being beautiful and eye-dazzling at the same time. I call Abbey Road iconic because it has been mimicked a thousand damn times (probably more than Peppers), it fit right in with those crazy "Paul is dead" rumors with the whole funeral procession shit, it influenced EMI to rename the studio and how many fuckers have gone to that location just to take a pic of themselfs walking the path...
I love the fact that the band is walking away from the studio in the photo for the last time or "the end" of an era. It's symbolic, simple and iconic all at the same friggin' time...it's genius is what it is!


 Love the profanity usage!a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 You should post more often...

Best answer I have heard on the thread!a-hard-days-night-john-6 Oh and welcome to the forum:)

Look we have lovely smileys!----->two-virgins LOL!

  Thursday night your stockings needed mending.
11 June 2010
2.51am
Avatar
skye
AZ
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2270
Member Since:
12 November 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Alissa said:


Hah! Quite the improvement Skye. george-martin(George approves.)
 

 

Can I have that as a stamp? I need this to exist. a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

In terms of just album covers, Yellow Submarine is pretty. A rip-off song wise, but pretty.

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!
11 June 2010
3.03am
Avatar
Sunii
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 648
Member Since:
13 February 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

skye said:

In terms of just album covers, Yellow Submarine is pretty. A rip-off song wise, but pretty.


 

I thought I was the only one who thought it was a no-good album.

And yes it is pretty! Wallpaper on my cellphone:)

  Thursday night your stockings needed mending.
12 June 2010
12.55am
Avatar
skye
AZ
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2270
Member Since:
12 November 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!
12 June 2010
2.03am
Avatar
Sunii
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 648
Member Since:
13 February 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Alissa said:

I don't know if the book was credible at all- they kept referring Rubber Soul as Rubber Ball. Yeah. a-hard-days-night-paul-1 


 

Rubber Ball?! WTF? a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

Man, that is just pretty freaking sad. If you are going to do a book on the Beatles, get the OBVIOUS facts right.a-hard-days-night-john-2

  Thursday night your stockings needed mending.
12 June 2010
4.55am
Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4631
Member Since:
1 May 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Alissa said:

Question having to do with album covers:

I was reading this book casually today in my highschool library, it was some sort of picture book about the Beatles. Anyways, there were bits and pieces about all the albums and mentioned Let it Be… Naked, and said that George's picture was the only one altered from the original Let it Be cover because he had died in 2001- he looks more downcast now.

If that's the case- why didn't they do the same for John? One could even call his death more tragic, being murdered and all.

I don't know if the book was credible at all- they kept referring Rubber Soul as Rubber Ball. Yeah. a-hard-days-night-paul-1 


 

Mhh interesting.. I hadn't noticed that before… but to be honest.. why would you change that pic? I'm sure there must have been another reason. Maybe George's  didn't look that good in "negative" effect, the background is too white.

 

Mhhh *opening her image editing software*

 

Edit : This is the original Let it Be photo with inverse colors (or negative photograph effect) on it. Now you understand why they changed George's photo…

 

[Image Can Not Be Found]

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
12 June 2010
12.15pm
Avatar
robert
Shea Stadium
Forum Posts: 415
Member Since:
19 April 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Top two album covers - Rubber Soul and Abbey Road. And here's why - these were ground breaking covers that began to treat album covers as art and plus consider this:

 

1- Rubber Soul - the front cover doesn't even have their name on it - just the album title and those four faces.

 

2 - Abbey Road - the cover has no album name and no band name - that says it all.

 

 

"She looks more like him than I do."
12 June 2010
3.30pm
Avatar
Chollie
in my tree
The Jacaranda
Forum Posts: 31
Member Since:
20 March 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Sunii said:

My favorite album cover is definitley A Hard Day's Night. I enjoy the little Beatle faces:)a-hard-days-night-john-1 

Now, what is yours?


 

As for me. the "Butcher " cover speaks volumes!

A restless wind inside a letterbox
12 June 2010
6.32pm
Avatar
DigaPony
The devil in YOUR heart.
The Top Ten Club
Forum Posts: 60
Member Since:
30 April 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I think the best album cover would be Let It Be.  I love the color backrounds and everyone looks happy. Plus! George has a big smile on his facea-hard-days-night-george-8

But the fool on the hill Sees the sun going down heart
12 June 2010
6.38pm
Avatar
Alissa
Find me in my field of grass
Hollywood Bowl
Forum Posts: 400
Member Since:
21 August 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

mithveaen said:

Alissa said:

Question having to do with album covers:

I was reading this book casually today in my highschool library, it was some sort of picture book about the Beatles. Anyways, there were bits and pieces about all the albums and mentioned Let it Be… Naked, and said that George's picture was the only one altered from the original Let it Be cover because he had died in 2001- he looks more downcast now.

If that's the case- why didn't they do the same for John? One could even call his death more tragic, being murdered and all.

I don't know if the book was credible at all- they kept referring Rubber Soul as Rubber Ball. Yeah. a-hard-days-night-paul-1 


 

Mhh interesting.. I hadn't noticed that before… but to be honest.. why would you change that pic? I'm sure there must have been another reason. Maybe George's  didn't look that good in "negative" effect, the background is too white.

 

Mhhh *opening her image editing software*

 

Edit : This is the original Let it Be photo with inverse colors (or negative photograph effect) on it. Now you understand why they changed George's photo…

 

[Image Can Not Be Found]

 


Well, that explanation makes sense. -shudder- Eeeeevil George is out to play...
Tongue, lose thy light. Moon, take thy flight… see ya, George!
14 June 2010
2.17am
Avatar
HammerDealer
Out of my brain, on a train.
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 207
Member Since:
12 June 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Sgt. Pepper's Lonley Hearts Club Band & The White Album, why? Because, they're so damn different for the same band.

When I Twish And Shout, it makes the Girl say "What Goes On?", and than I say, "I do this Here, There and Everywhere", and than she finishes by saying "Honey Don't".
16 June 2010
9.52am
Avatar
JoB
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 275
Member Since:
21 May 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Help!, to go with my favourite movie.

I'd like to be, under the sea, in an octopus's garden, with you.
No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Expert Textpert, Ahhh Girl, Annadog40, Merch, Silly Girl, sigh butterfly, Jolly Jimmy, Beatles007
39 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 17098

Ahhh Girl: 10690

Annadog40: 9630

Zig: 7531

parlance: 7092

mr. Sun king coming together: 6980

Mr. Kite: 6092

Silly Girl: 5659

trcanberra: 5521

Ron Nasty: 4912

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 3327

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 42

Topics: 3813

Posts: 201355

Newest Members:

ttn48griff, Beatles007, Edwardo, deandawes, RB

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 10690, meanmistermustard: 17098, Zig: 7531, Joe: 4387

Administrators: Joe: 4387, Ellie: 3

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today: None
Upcoming: VeraChuckDave