Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatles Bootleg Recordings 1963
17 December 2013
1.35pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Ahhh Girl said
Shall we set up a watch party a-hard-days-night-john-3 and take shifts so that we all can get a bit of sleep or other work done? As soon as the songs are up, the call to arms can go out! 

I haven’t got anything done and now i have to go out. The thought that this will pop up to please everyone and clear the air between Apple, Universal and iTunes and i miss out is horrible yet i have no faith whatsoever this going to be upped again. Its incredible a company can treat its customers this way.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

17 December 2013
2.44pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5012

Well, I wasn’t able to stay up until midnight, and I can’t download it until I get home this evening, so hopefully it’s there.

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

17 December 2013
3.31pm
BBCSessions1963
Strawberry Fields
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 123

It’s Up! It’s up for those in UK and US. Giving it a listen right now!

And if you saw my love, I'll love her to.

17 December 2013
3.44pm
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5694

I listened to the previews, decided it wasn’t worth £35. Meh. What a rip-off.

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

17 December 2013
4.07pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

£35!!!! Get stuffed.

I have no idea why the size and font are like that.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

17 December 2013
4.29pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5012

Joe said
I listened to the previews, decided it wasn’t worth £35. Meh. What a rip-off.

I see the US price is 39.99.  I won’t be paying that much for an mp3.  That’s almost what I paid for both volumes of the BBC set on CD!  It’s a shame that people are willing to pay so much for a download…No offense to anyone who is buying it (and dont’ get me wrong, I would love a copy).

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

17 December 2013
5.33pm
Velvet Hand
A Tunisian Amphitheatre
The Jacaranda
Members
Forum Posts: 34

Who’s to say it won’t come out on CD at some point? 

17 December 2013
5.41pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22222

Velvet Hand said
Who’s to say it won’t come out on CD at some point? 

From comments here and there on the forum, anyone over 25 wonders if that cd will come out in their life time.

17 December 2013
8.15pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064

Wow – so they took it down to increase the price?  While I’m glad it’s there again that price is crazy.  As noted, it cost me AU$15.49 (about 14 US and 8 pounds 50).

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

17 December 2013
8.34pm
Monkey Finger
The Kaiserkeller
Members
Forum Posts: 51

Well, I used to consider myself somewhat of a Beatles completist, but I’m going to pass on that price (unless I get a little oiled up on the egg nog and my wallet loosens up). My feeling toward apple01 right now: a-hard-days-night-paul-11

17 December 2013
8.50pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Monkey Finger said
Well, I used to consider myself somewhat of a Beatles completist, but I’m going to pass on that price (unless I get a little oiled up on the egg nog and my wallet loosens up). My feeling toward apple01 right now: a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Same here. To pay £35 is way over the top (On Air volume 2 costs £18 and has 63 tracks) and will make folks go down other routes to get the tracks, something they would rather not do. It looks like Apple and Universal are happy to keep the copyright and will price it out of some fans.

Maybe it was taken down because it was incorrectly priced and trcanberra got a real bargain. Whatever way Apple and Universal come across as being right prats.

As a side note is that during all of this rumours of an Anthology 2014 release popped up which would fit in with whobeatle’s comments on a possible release of Now And Then (the abandoned Threetles recording). 

17 December 2013
8.52pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Monkey Finger said

Same here. To pay £35 is way over the top (On Air volume 2 costs £18 and has 63 tracks) and will make folks go down other routes to get the tracks, something they would rather not do. It looks like Apple and Universal are happy to keep the copyright and will price it out of some fans.

Maybe it was taken down because it was incorrectly priced and trcanberra got a real bargain. Whatever way Apple and Universal come across as being right prats.

As a side note is that during all of this rumours of an Anthology 2014 release popped up which would fit in with whobeatle’s comments on a possible release of Now And Then (the abandoned Threetles recording). 

17 December 2013
8.53pm
BBCSessions1963
Strawberry Fields
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 123

The price doesn’t matter much to me. I got about 20 unused iTunes gift cards from past Christmas and birthdays. 

And if you saw my love, I'll love her to.

18 December 2013
6.41am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

^^ and ^^^ seems mmm has developed a stutter :)

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

18 December 2013
6.42am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

meanmistermustard said

Monkey Finger said

[SNIP]

[snip]

I think it was, I think I did, and I think they do.

18 December 2013
6.55am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2098

I went on iTunes and it popped up and I was like

tumblr_inline_mxzoq8rvAh1ri4etn.gifImage Enlarger

$40 is a little pricey, but it’s no biggie.  I hesitated at first because it’s so close to Christmas, but I texted my hubby when I saw it and he was like “go for it!”.  a-hard-days-night-john-6  We don’t really buy each other Christmas gifts, because we buy what we want/need all year when things come up, as long as we can afford it.  

Nothing Beatles ever feels like a waste to me.  heart

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

18 December 2013
7.18am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

^ priced way too high here now, as for the UK.  It’s $70; in my opinion, whatever way they colour it, that is a rip-off.

18 December 2013
10.53am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

trcanberra said
^^ and ^^^ seems mmm has developed a stutter :)

Im surprised to see the first post as the forum stopped working so no idea how the duplicate got there. After that i managed to break into the site thru a whole in the fence (the “from the forum” section on the main home page) but kept getting “invalid database query” messages flashing up and other notices before the site collapsed. Was like being in a ghost town where the 3 minute warning was going off.

18 December 2013
11.41am
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5694

For those put off by the high price, apparently (*cough*) it’s on the Pirate Bay.

For those who have bought a legitimate copy from approved outlets, doesn’t the BBC version of Long Tall Sally sound amazing?

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

18 December 2013
11.49am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

Joe said
For those put off by the high price, apparently (*cough*) it’s on the Pirate Bay.

For those who have bought a legitimate copy from approved outlets, doesn’t the BBC version of Long Tall Sally sound amazing?

Some nice vocals there – and I also like the raw sound of the Money take.

Thanks for the tip re access, but listening to these has led me to the conclusion they are really more than I need just now (yes, it was the 5 1/2 versions of A Taste Of Honey that did it for me).  I’m glad these boots are out there somewhere (hmm, the Moody Blues flashed before my eyes for some reason) – but when I get to the bootleg stuff I will be focusing on music I don’t already have a version or three of.  I don’t know every nuance of the songs enough to appreciate the sometimes minor variations – and I don’t think I want to.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22222, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694