Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatles Bootleg Recordings 1963
16 December 2013
9.19pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

mja6758 said
Thanks for that! That would seem to indicate that it’s doing something like a New Year’s Eve/New Year’s Day rollout, and that it’s going to be a worldwide release.

I’d grab it as quick as you can! It could turn out to be available for a very short time, and however long it is up for, it is 59 officially released tracks.

Would love it if it didn’t present me with a bunch of pictures of Beyonce in semi-undress – very distracting at this time of the morning :)

Oh, and ask me for my password twice, then ask me if I’m sure I want to buy it – then have me fail on my security question and threaten to lock my account.

So, I’ll take your advice if I can sort all that out – I’m downloading it on my own PC and will see if I have any activations left and can find out where I might have written down the answers to my security questions.  I’ll report back on how I went (if I have time – pressure, pressure).

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

16 December 2013
10.48pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

^ Downloaded, burnt to 2xCDs, looks right comfortable in a home-made CD package with artwork off the web.

As an added bonus I have to listen to this next since I am at 1969 and this is back in ’63 – so I have to postpone my 2nd listen to Unfinished Music No. 2Isn’t It A Pity :)

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

17 December 2013
1.27am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

mja6758 said
Thanks for that! That would seem to indicate that it’s doing something like a New Year’s Eve/New Year’s Day rollout, and that it’s going to be a worldwide release.

I’d grab it as quick as you can! It could turn out to be available for a very short time, and however long it is up for, it is 59 officially released tracks.

I’m hearing this is no longer available – anyone able to confirm one way or the other?

17 December 2013
1.52am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

Warning time folks. It looks like this is going to be up for a matter of hours and then disappear (either that or errors are occuring in different countries). Posts from other sites are saying all traces of the official bootleg have gone in places where it was available to buy. You also might have to search the lower depths of the Beatles section to find it. 

Good luck.

I don’t really want to go to bed now in case i miss out.a-hard-days-night-paul-7ahdn_paul_01paul-mccartney

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

17 December 2013
1.59am
BBCSessions1963
Strawberry Fields
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 123

meanmistermustard said
 You also might have to search the lower depths of the Beatles section to find it.

You can also search up The Beatles bootlegs to find it faster. Hope this helps with some of the American users and anyone else attempting to purchase this. 

And if you saw my love, I'll love her to.

17 December 2013
2.54am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842

So when did it show up, and when did it leave?

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

17 December 2013
3.07am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers

So I’m staying up until midnight waiting for this to hit US store. Have to leave for school at 8:30 EST. Gotta get it though. 

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

17 December 2013
4.37am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
So when did it show up, and when did it leave?

Not sure when it went up – and I don’t think it has even been on the US iTunes at all yet.  I got it at around 08.30 Australian Eastern Summer Time.

17 December 2013
4.38am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers

When did it disappear? In australian time. 

17 December 2013
4.51am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
When did it disappear? In australian time. 

I wasn’t looking.  I read about it about two hours later on the Steve Hoffman forums.  The threads there might give you a better idea about times etc.

17 December 2013
5.08am
BBCSessions1963
Strawberry Fields
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 123

It hasn’t gone up on the American stores. I got Paul’s new album and the Live At The BBC Vol. 2 at this time when they came out. 

And if you saw my love, I'll love her to.

17 December 2013
9.16am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

I have listened to the first of my CDs (I made the break after track 30, the last of the ‘Saturday Club’ tracks); my first impressions:

The orphan child of Anthology 1 meets Live At The BBC .  The sound is variable, as expected, but mostly pretty good – though a few of the BBC tracks have some distortion in the bass.  The pick for me of this first lot was Money, they really nailed that one.  I’m not really a fan of lots of versions of the same song with only minor (to my untrained ears) variation, but it was interesting listening to George’s solos on Roll Over Beethoven .

I must say I have no idea who it is that doesn’t want this sort of stuff on permanent sale; it was quite interesting and well worth the asking price.  I guess I’ll have to set my clock early to catch the 1964 crop before it too vanishes (and there is even a rumour of another batch on the 24th).

I was also wondering what the status is of stuff like the Hamburg club tapes and the Decca audition tapes – why don’t they need to be released for copyright protection?

17 December 2013
9.45am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

From wogblog 

The Beatles: “Bootleg Recordings 1963” is no longer available from iTunes. Eight hours after the collection was made available, it disappeared again from all the iTunes stores in all the countries. We don’t think it was even made available in the UK. But by doing this stunt, The Beatles have secured their copyright on these recordings for 70 years. Chances are they’ll want to do something with these tracks during those years.

I don’t know what to say. It is blatantly obvious Apple didn’t want this out and had to do it under duress as did Universal but my word they have pissed off so many fans.

It never even got to the UK!!!!!!!!!!!

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

17 December 2013
9.54am
Oyster Black Pearl
Liverpool, UK
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 126

2 UK posters on the Steve Hoffman forum claim they downloaded them-but I was looking at the same time and couldn’t find them…. And I was looking everywhere on the iTunes Store.

At last a book about Ringo and drumming.”

Ringo Starr And The Beatles Beat

17 December 2013
10.19am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Black Oyster Pearl said
2 UK posters on the Steve Hoffman forum claim they downloaded them-but I was looking at the same time and couldn’t find them…. And I was looking everywhere on the iTunes Store.

Same here. 

It is so disappointing. 

17 December 2013
10.20am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

meanmistermustard said
From wogblog 

The Beatles: “Bootleg Recordings 1963” is no longer available from iTunes. Eight hours after the collection was made available, it disappeared again from all the iTunes stores in all the countries. We don’t think it was even made available in the UK. But by doing this stunt, The Beatles have secured their copyright on these recordings for 70 years. Chances are they’ll want to do something with these tracks during those years.

I don’t know what to say. It is blatantly obvious Apple didn’t want this out and had to do it under duress as did Universal but my word they have pissed off so many fans.

It never even got to the UK!!!!!!!!!!!

Pissed off so many fans – indeed – so situation normal for them then?

17 December 2013
10.51am
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5691

I didn’t get them either (UK). On the plus side, we’ll (hopefully) now have better-quality bootleg copies, and you don’t have to play them through iTunes. Let’s hope there are more to follow.

From the Steve Hoffman forum:

Interestingly even though I purchased and downloaded this, it is not available in the cloud with my other purchases. Time to take a backup I think!

I need to pay a visit to the Pirate Bay…

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

17 December 2013
11.17am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

The Beeb seems to think there is still hope:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ente…..s-25413838

Quote: “Some fans have said the songs appeared on iTunes briefly earlier, but the BBC understands they will reappear later on Tuesday and remain indefinitely.”

17 December 2013
11.26am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

It is funny how thru a release that was never confirmed Apple have managed to cause disappointment, resentment, loathing, loss of sales (folks cancelling their US Box) and complete confusion and to what the hell is going on.

And now i’ll go back to my disappointed, pissed off state.

17 December 2013
1.19pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213

Shall we set up a watch party a-hard-days-night-john-3 and take shifts so that we all can get a bit of sleep or other work done? As soon as the songs are up, the call to arms can go out! 

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Mr. Moonlight
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691