The couple stayed at the Hilton hotel in the French capital. The Parisian correspondent for the news agency Reuters interviewed Lennon, although it was not a successful exchange. Lennon appeared surly and uncommunicative, giving brief, cursory answers to such subjects as his peace plans and The Beatles future releases.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr reunite at the Grammy Awards
- 1970: Ringo and Maureen fly to Los Angeles
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day 15
- 1965: George Martin breaks his foot in the Swiss Alps
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1963: Live: King’s Hall, Stoke-on-Trent
- 1963: Live: El Rio, Macclesfield
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.