This was followed by the recording of Paul McCartney's four-second piano overdub for The End, prior to the line "And in the end/The love you take/Is equal to the love you make". The End - which at this stage still had the working title Ending - was then mixed six times. More mixes were made on the following day.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh
- 2009: Paul McCartney live at BOK Center, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 1966: Live: Suffolk Downs Racetrack, Boston
- 1965: Live: Atlanta Stadium
- 1964: Travel: London to San Francisco
- 1963: Live: Princess Theatre, Torquay
- 1963: Television: Summer Spin
- 1962: Live: Hulme Hall, Port Sunlight – Ringo Starr’s first official show as a Beatle
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: The Beatles’ second day in Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.